The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Pkunk Restoration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pkunk Restoration  (Read 3733 times)
Kopernicus
Zebranky food

9 days - the first time thru

View Profile
Pkunk Restoration
« on: December 03, 2002, 07:53:07 pm »

I read in a post that the Pkunk restoration was a simple 50/50 chance.  I've played about 10 human vs. human melees without seeing a Pkunk come back to life.  I've had my pkunk come back plenty vs. the computer.  Admittedly, I have a small sample size, but I just thought of this now and I thought I'd post to see if anyone  has had their Pkunk come back in a human vs. human battle.  I'll do some rigorous testing of this otherwise.

"Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I can assure you that mine are still greater." - Albert Einstein
Shivam
Zebranky food

Pkunk-ra

View Profile
Re: Pkunk Restoration
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 09:47:36 pm »

i've had the pkunk come back in all sorts of battles.
its alot of fun to resurrect in a human v. human battle and watch the anger rise =)
Ariel

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 12:48:41 am »

Once I had a Pkunk that regenned 7 times in a row.  Unfortunately I was fighting against a Chmmr and had little overall effect other than severely annoying my opponent.   Tongue
Juncti
Zebranky food

THX

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 09:51:22 am »

It's been a long time since I played the original Pc melee against an old friend. I seem to remember him telling me a key combo that you have to press to regen. It was somthing like main and secondary at the same time at the moment of death. I forget exactly what it was. It seemed to work though, we could regen those things left and right. Didn't accomplish a whole bunch, but it was more of a wear down the other guy thru annoyance by regening everytime you die. Try playing with those key combos. If you have the original PC version might be easier to try on that since this version is still in testing phase the buttons might not be set right or it may not be a feature in this version.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length