The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:18:38 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  The Israeli situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: The Israeli situation  (Read 26551 times)
Censored
Enlightened

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.

View Profile
Re: The Israeli situation
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2004, 09:28:17 pm »

the Owa?

some of The Third's manifestations?

"You boldly enter our space! Approach this Dreadnought as though it were a recreation base and then play the dumb hominid?
Who do you take us for, Captain... Spathi!?"
raakone
Zebranky food

In love with a Shofixti, I think!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2004, 10:41:24 pm »

Be glad it's the only SC3 reference I could think of. I have nothing against the SC3 races........only the stupid ending.
Any other SC2 related races that can be compared to those terrorists?

~Ra'akone

I am not a sheep, I am a free man!
Censored
Enlightened

Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2004, 11:03:35 pm »

I would say the notorious Talking Pets, alas, fortunately the terrorists aren't as slyly clever and masterminds of evil..

not yet at least - currently they're just zealots.

"You boldly enter our space! Approach this Dreadnought as though it were a recreation base and then play the dumb hominid?
Who do you take us for, Captain... Spathi!?"
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2004, 10:44:06 pm »

Yea I know it isn't something about the Israelis but my point is that look what their religion do to people. Only people without heart can do it. And trust me they are not much diffrent than the them. Try talking with those guys.

Ah, so I suppose it's Christianity which caused the torture in Abu Ghraib, and Judaism which causes the rocket attacks on residential areas.

It's not God that does these things, and it's not even reliance on god. It's us, people, and we all have our own bizarre distinct reasons for the terrible things we do.

Don't oversimplify, lest you yourself be oversimplified.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 10:47:25 pm by Death_999 » Logged
Terminator
*Smell* controller

Obnoxious One Reformed

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2004, 04:28:25 am »

I believe this quote says more than there is needed to be said
From J.D. Salinger's "To Kill A Mockingbird"  "The bible in one mans(referring to Mr.Ridley) hand is more dangerous than a bottle or whiskey in, well your fathers." It is believed by a majority of religious person's that holy books were written to be interperted, as they are the words of God as interpretted by man, and it is difficult to determine which are meant to be figures of speech and which are to be taken literally.

We must each create our own paths. Do not mimic mine, I don't even like myself.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2004, 06:41:56 am »

I believe this quote says more than there is needed to be said
From J.D. Salinger's "To Kill A Mockingbird"  "The bible in one mans(referring to Mr.Ridley) hand is more dangerous than a bottle or whiskey in, well your fathers."

I've tried to stay out of this whole discussion, and I won't enter it here now, but you need to be corrected. "To Kill a Mockingbird" was written by Harper Lee. You probably know J.D. Salinger from "The Catcher in the Rye". And though your paraphrasis isn't that far off, is it too much trouble to type a few words into Google in an attempt to get the exact words right?
This may also be a reminder to the reader that you should never blindly trust what people say, even if they mean well and appear to believe what they say.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Captain_Falkenhayn
Zebranky food

dark horse disney

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2004, 07:39:30 am »

I think the word "terrorist" is far too nebulous for us to make generalizations about it.

All of the following have been characterized as terrorists:

Al-Qaeda hijackers who perpetrated 9/11 have been the definition of terrorists to most people, excepting a broad opinion segment of the arab world.

Chechyan separatists became terrorists according the russian government.

Falun Gong "Cultists" became Terrorists according to the Chinese Government, post-9/11.

Drug traffickers -and in some cases users- became Terrorists (aka Narco-Terrorists) according to the upper echelons of the US Justice Dept. Post-9/11.

Just a few examples. Terrorists are the new Communists are the new Nazis. Generalizing that they are all fanatics is incorrect, as is even using terror as a tool, according to certain parties.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length