The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:39:31 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Druuge... and slave trade.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Druuge... and slave trade.  (Read 8827 times)
Zero^
Zebranky food

"our dear friend, Hunam"

View Profile
Druuge... and slave trade.
« on: December 08, 2002, 02:10:04 am »

Is there any way to get the items needed to fix the Ultron from the Druuge without trading your crew?
I had some morale issues in selling earthlings to people who like to hang them selfs with chains from the roof.... KWEH!  Sad

From the north... a Finnish know it all show the light.
verm
Zebranky food

Moo.  Moo I say.

View Profile
Re: Druuge... and slave trade.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 02:12:24 am »

Is there any way to get the items needed to fix the Ultron from the Druuge without trading your crew?
I had some morale issues in selling earthlings to people who like to hang them selfs with chains from the roof.... KWEH!  Sad

I think they'll take a mycon egg shell if you can find an extra one.
flashbacck
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 02:17:32 am »

slight spoiler regarding the egg shells...

**************SPOILER

there are (I think) 3 egg shells.  I think you can trade 2 to the druuge, 1 for the precursor part you need and the OTHER, they give you some interesting options.  my favorite is the fuel fillup option.  Just go to the starbase fill ALL your slots with high capacity fuel tanks, take the minimum fuel you need to get to druuge space, and make the trade. The druuge will even make some comment about you screwing them over

/END SPOILER
« Last Edit: December 08, 2002, 02:20:01 am by flashbacck » Logged
Zero^
Zebranky food

"our dear friend, Hunam"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 03:46:55 am »

they told me that they wanted the egg shells but offered me druuge startships for em... well it doesnt hurt trying

From the north... a Finnish know it all show the light.
Arrow
Frungy champion

o_o

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 03:59:16 am »

They also accept your Portal Spawner I believe, but that's an idiotic thing to give away.

Them giving you the item needed to fix the Ultron is a sort of random deal.  Every one or two times you offer to give something special of yours (Portal Spawner, Mycon Deep Children, etc.), they'll offer to give you one of their three special items back *instead* of Mauler starships and/or fuel.  I'd save or decline their standard offer and try again later until they give you the specialty offers.
Azrael
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 05:12:57 am »

They say that they'd really like to have their burvix caster back...might be able to make a trade.
Arrow
Frungy champion

o_o

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 06:52:33 am »

That too.  I knew there was an item I forgot.  2 of 3 Mycon Deep Children, the Portal Spawner, and the Burvixese Caster are the three specialty items they'll take.

Thanks Azrael.
flashbacck
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2002, 08:01:44 am »

I just remembered, I think they'll take the shofixti maidens as well
Kizor
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2002, 01:45:46 pm »

Indeed. A dozen Shofixti maidens for six Druuge Maulers and a probable ticket to Hell in the afterlife.
Mage

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 09:17:35 am »

Why would they want the eggshells anyways?
Dave Morse

Email
Just use shofixti
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 11:19:28 am »

Once the Shofixti have joined your alliance, they are really <itching> to find nasty ends for themselves in order to advance the war.  What better way for them to do this than for 100 to load up in your mothership and be sold as starship crew to the Druudge.

Anyway, they'll puck up the Druudge fleet by trying to kamikaze anyway.
PsiPhi
Frungy champion

To be idle is to be ideal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2002, 05:50:06 pm »

I thought I recall that selling your crew to the Druuge makes buying new crew at the starbase really expensive because nobody wants to join you after that ... can you blame them?

I mean, look at those Druuge guys ... they look like bats, they sacrifice their own crew, they hang from the ceiling with chains clamped to their legs, they showed their appreciation for the Burvixese warning about the Kohr-Ah by screwing them over and if you look REAL careful (always made me laugh) they need a tissue to wipe their runny nose.

I'll give them this ... they do have some of the coolest head-banging music in the game ... that electric guitar sound just screamed, "Yeah, we're bad!".  I didn't need Trade Master Greenish to warn me that these guys were trouble.  One look, one listen and their opening dialog ... you just knew these guys were BAD news.

I always knew about the Mycon egg pod ... how else to convince the Syreen to join your cause, but I never knew there was more than the one.  I just remember selling the Burvixese caster back to them for the Red Orb.

That fuel thing sounds absolutely hilarious, I've got to try that.

-PsiPhi
chumsicle

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2002, 09:03:25 am »

It's especially fulfilling to fill up your ship with tons of fuel tanks and then trade an egg shell for max. fuel.  Ahhh... ripping off the Drudge.
Aquisitor
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2002, 02:09:55 pm »

Where are these egg-shells? I only ever found one Mycon egg-shell i.e. the one they tell you about. Where are the other two?
Azarule
*Many bubbles*

Andale, Andale, arriba !

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2002, 03:29:40 am »

They're hidden around the galaxy.  I believe the Melnorme will tell you about them, as they tell you about everything else in the game :-P

If these visions have offended, thing but this and all is mended : You have but slumbered here while these visions did appear.  And this weak and idling theme, no more yielding than a dream.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length