The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:48:09 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Tactic for unbeatable bubbles on Sa-Matra
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tactic for unbeatable bubbles on Sa-Matra  (Read 3198 times)
Mage

Email
Tactic for unbeatable bubbles on Sa-Matra
« on: December 12, 2002, 08:42:28 am »

Well even though it won't make any difference if you destroy them all (force field image disappears, but it stays there no matter what and you can't pass through), I've figured out a relatively easy way to get rid of those hard to destroy bubbles...I've never really had a problem destroying any but the top left, that proved invincible despite taking out every single other one like clockwork...anyhow, I was just thinking, surely there's a blast radius large enough to overlap through it... and it struck me that a Shofixti blaze of glory explosion might do the trick.  I tried it out, and after a couple unsuccessful attempts to maneuver close enough, I was able to dodge the green ball + fireball (only 1 of each at the beginning of the battle, if it was all 3 fireballs and 4 green balls, I doubt I'd have been able to do it), sure enough, 1 explosion wiped the top left bubble out.  I was able to get rid of the other ones w/ utwig juggers (+ patience) and pkunk furies.  Well I doubt the next version will have this same bug, but hey if so, here's a simple workaround.
ErekLich
*Many bubbles*

One Ring to rule them all, eh you know the rest.

View Profile
Re: Tactic for unbeatable bubbles on Sa-Matra
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 08:47:14 am »

The CVS (and the next version will) has "pixel-perfect collisions" which are supposed to solve the Sa-Matra problem.

they do solve the Spathi and Mycon problems, so hopefully they solve the Sa-Matra as well.

Oh God, please don't let me die today!  Tomorrow would be SO much better!
Mage

Email
Re: Tactic for unbeatable bubbles on Sa-Matra
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 09:38:00 am »

Yeah, I figured as much... I was just so proud of my idea.  Heh with all the practice I got I could beat it w/ a single arilou
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length