The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:53 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  StarCon FanArt Ect.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: StarCon FanArt Ect.  (Read 14887 times)
Shiver

Email
Re: StarCon FanArt Ect.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 08:06:32 am »

OK i changed the Commander's face to be more aged and haggered with stress.

Let me know what you think, compared to the first one. If you don't mind that is.
http://charrio.deviantart.com/art/Humans-Edit-70601361

The face is good now, but you left the same hairstyle. Long bangs like that look really out of character for an older military man. "Shut up, it's my drawing" is always a valid response to the kind of critique I'm giving, but I'm just giving my two cents.

Also, I should warn you that these forums can be a little vacant so don't take offense if you don't get too many responses.
Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 10:44:18 am »

Oh ok, no problem on the hair, i tend to have a habit of long bangs, lol sorry. Part of doing Pin-Up and mature works for so long, heh it gets to be a habit, i will trim those when i ink that pic.

I understand a quiet forum, and that is fine, i am just glad Fellow fans who know what they are looking at can gander and comment if they wish.
Koowluh
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 10:00:39 am »

As for the Chenjesu, I expected them to be more "crystally" (that sounds dumb). Not the Chenjesu themselves mind you, but the ship's interior would be more lined with crystals. My expectation of the Broodhome would be that it is "grown" instead of constructed. In fact the name suggests that these are actually not warships in origin, but only because of neccessity used for this purpose.

A kick-ass spin off would be an actual "grown" Chenjesu warship?  Grin

I hate drugs. Air is the worst one. Breathe it once and you're hooked for life.
Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 10:10:28 am »

As for the Chenjesu, I expected them to be more "crystally" (that sounds dumb). Not the Chenjesu themselves mind you, but the ship's interior would be more lined with crystals. My expectation of the Broodhome would be that it is "grown" instead of constructed. In fact the name suggests that these are actually not warships in origin, but only because of neccessity used for this purpose.

A kick-ass spin off would be an actual "grown" Chenjesu warship?  Grin

Well i actually intended for the interior stuff like the walls and floors to have a more crystalline look when i color it. That and i kinda thought they would have a open area surface since they do from time to time do the racial exchange and have carbon based sentients on board. In the StarCon1 Melee screen you can see a Chenjesu using some tech with like lightning tendrils controlling it. So i kinda figured they wouldn't have switches like us, more like nodes to zap and use some tech for mobility, since i would assume they do participate in the exchange of ideas and technology within the alliance, especially with the Mrrrnhrrrm.
Koowluh
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 10:22:27 am »

Well i actually intended for the interior stuff like the walls and floors to have a more crystalline look when i color it. That and i kinda thought they would have a open area surface since they do from time to time do the racial exchange and have carbon based sentients on board. In the StarCon1 Melee screen you can see a Chenjesu using some tech with like lightning tendrils controlling it. So i kinda figured they wouldn't have switches like us, more like nodes to zap and use some tech for mobility, since i would assume they do participate in the exchange of ideas and technology within the alliance, especially with the Mrrrnhrrrm.

True enough, they may need to be able to accomodate carbon based bi-ped lifeforms from time to time. As for the mechanical parts for the Chenjesu, you hit the right spot. I would expect them to have started all crystalline with all crystalline ships, only to adapt to a more "alien friendly" look when the need arose (for that matter, they may actually be able to do some "live regrowing", creating this more alien friendly look and feel (thus making it look more like a bad Stargate episode as well  Undecided)).

Love to see what you come up with when it's colored by the way.

I hate drugs. Air is the worst one. Breathe it once and you're hooked for life.
Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 11:32:41 am »

Awwww, thank you for your kind comments and support.

Here is the Shofixti inked and in BW with no effects or shading, that is for the color edition. I plan on inking the other 2, the Earthlings and Chenjesu before i start the colorworks, since it takes hours to do those depending on the lighting and effects needed.

Hope you like Tiggs, heh
http://charrio.deviantart.com/art/Lt-Tiggs-BW-70705902
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

Armor always looks cool with extra techno...right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 04:16:55 pm »

Nice pictures. When are you going to do the Zoq-fot-pik?

Thrice thy blinded cat hath mewed....
Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 11:28:42 pm »

Nice pictures. When are you going to do the Zoq-fot-pik?

I want to get the original 14 races from StarCon1 first then i will be working on StarCon2 and it's additional races, eventually working onto StarCon3 and it's added cast. So i am going to  draw the Zoq-Fot-PIk , keep your eyes peeled.

And thank you so much for your kind words.
Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 10:39:39 am »

Earthlings Inked and BW toned, i added some repair vessels in the BG, i will also add the station's window frame style in the color one.

http://charrio.deviantart.com/art/Earthlings-Black-and-White-70783499

Hope you like it, and i changed the Commander's Bangs to more of a crew cut.
Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 08:35:33 am »

Chenjesu Inked and BW toned. I hope you all like this one.

http://charrio.deviantart.com/art/Chenjesu-BW-70930972

Charrio
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 04:02:32 pm »

Hey! Look at that! They float! Just like in Star Control 3!

Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 05:22:22 pm »

Yeah i thought about it and for practical reasons, i would figure the Chenjesu would either develop or adopt technology to get them around more easily, Especially since they had to deal with other Alliance members. The MrrrnHrrrm would be the logical resource to be the race they traded with, since they seemed to be allies for a length of time.

Another thought i had was, If they use Plasma/Electric Tendrils to move the physical world objects lacking limbs and all, they would need another mode of transit if around less durable races, who would be killed or hurt by their natural methods of movement. The Chmmr in StarCon3 were about where the tech and racial hybridization would take them. I tend to think things out too much but it makes sense in StarCon.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 05:31:21 pm »

That's just rude.
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 05:55:30 pm »

It wasn't meant to be rude, just as a more amusing way of asking about the floating Chenjesu. I apologize if anyone was offended. However, in the future I suggest that you don't go so quick on the attack. I will let you know now that I NEVER am rude or act like a jerk on a forum unless I feel that someone else is already doing that to me.

Charrio
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 06:04:54 pm »

It wasn't meant to be rude, just as a more amusing way of asking about the floating Chenjesu. I apologize if anyone was offended. However, in the future I suggest that you don't go so quick on the attack. I will let you know now that I NEVER am rude or act like a jerk on a forum unless I feel that someone else is already doing that to me.

Oh i have no worries, and i didn't take it as a insult or such, just a questioning statement. Which i hope my reasons for such fit into your idea of what you feel the StarCon universe should be. I want to portray the races as i think they would react or play out keeping to the TRUE theme and flavor of the original which i so love and Idolize.

If anyone does have questions for me, i am more then happy to answer or expand on my reasoning for events or artistic changes i have made.

*big group forum hug*

I am just happy to do it, i grew up with this game saga and have always wanted to make a comic or actual animated series if possible someday filling out all the stories i have day dreamed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length