The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:44:07 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod  (Read 118417 times)
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
Re: Ur-Quan Masters HD Mod
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 06:10:07 am »

Shocked That podship is just... amazing.
Like a cross between a beaten planet and the Death Star.

Can't wait to see what the texture will look like when it's finished.

The artist once again known as Kohr-Ah Death 213.

Get your MegaMod HERE
Admiral Zeratul
*Many bubbles*

I enjoy overthinking things.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2010, 03:23:41 am »

Regarding the Mycon Podship, "Amazing!" and "Excellent work!" are all I can currently think of to say. They will suffice for the moment, I'm sure...

Priority override. New behavior dictated. Must break post into component ideas.
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 09:05:09 pm »

Wow. Lack of updates from me on the HD project. For that I'm sorry. But I haven't stopped working.

Comm Screens status:
24 Comm pics.
10 "Finished" and Released, 6 "Finished" (not yet released), 4 Almost finished, and 4 not started yet.

Released comm pics:

1. Arilou (Coming Soon).

2. CHMMR:

3. Commander Hayes (Soon).

4. Dynarri Talking Pet (Soon).

5. Druuge (not yet, Possibly a modified version of this pic).

6. Ilwrath:

7. Kohr-Ah:

8. Melnorme (soon).

9. Mycon:

10. Orz (soon).

11. Pkunk (Not Yet).

12. Spathi - Fwiffo.

13. Spathi - Safe Ones (not yet).

14. Shofixiti (soon)

15. Slylandro Probe (soon).

16. Slylandro Aliens (soon).

17. Syreen (soon).

18. Thraddash (soon).

19. Umgah (not yet).

20. Utwig:

21. Ur-Quan (Kzer-Za):

22. Yehat:

23. Vux:

24. Zot-Fot-Pik:

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011, 10:55:21 pm »

Ur-Quan is amazing! I mean, they all look good, but Ur-Quan stands out in particular.

dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 12:49:32 am »

Thanks. It's one of my personal favorites. I have a wallpaper sized of the Ur-Quan pic available here too.  It looks really neat animated, and in-game too.

In case anybody is wondering, as far as release dates are concerned I'd like to have the game available by the end of the year.  I could release something everybody could play with sooner but that's going to require some help. We've got the game running at 4 times the original resolution.  But now there's a bunch of small (and easy?) bugs with melee.  For example, weapons shoot 1/4th their distance, ships 1/4th their speed, etc. But I've got a ton of work just doing the art assets. So if any programmers would like to help, let me know.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 08:04:56 pm »

Thanks. It's one of my personal favorites. I have a wallpaper sized of the Ur-Quan pic available here too.  It looks really neat animated, and in-game too.

In case anybody is wondering, as far as release dates are concerned I'd like to have the game available by the end of the year.  I could release something everybody could play with sooner but that's going to require some help. We've got the game running at 4 times the original resolution.  But now there's a bunch of small (and easy?) bugs with melee.  For example, weapons shoot 1/4th their distance, ships 1/4th their speed, etc. But I've got a ton of work just doing the art assets. So if any programmers would like to help, let me know.

That sounds like a simple adjustment of some constants, or multiplying some of the constants by 4 before using them. Unfortunately, my experience with C is minimal and I recall Star Control II's code to be a bit difficult to navigate, so while I could do the former solution easily, I have no idea how to do the latter solution. Out of curiosity, is the HD mod based on 0.6.2 or the SVN? I seem to remember reading that 0.7 has cleaner code than 0.6. I guess that must also apply to this mod if it was based on the SVN.

dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 11:39:48 pm »

Right. Nothing terribly difficult. It's currently based on the 6.9 code base. I haven't had a chance to see the differences yet between 6.9 and 7.0.

- Damon
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:15 pm »

That sounds like a simple adjustment of some constants, or multiplying some of the constants by 4 before using them. Unfortunately, my experience with C is minimal and I recall Star Control II's code to be a bit difficult to navigate, so while I could do the former solution easily, I have no idea how to do the latter solution. Out of curiosity, is the HD mod based on 0.6.2 or the SVN? I seem to remember reading that 0.7 has cleaner code than 0.6. I guess that must also apply to this mod if it was based on the SVN.

That probably would mess up some AIs though, they don't react well to having weapon range changed.

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2011, 04:56:13 am »

Right. Nothing terribly difficult. It's currently based on the 6.9 code base. I haven't had a chance to see the differences yet between 6.9 and 7.0.

"6.9"? "7.0"? Those are different from 0.6.9 and 0.7.0! XD

dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2011, 05:10:35 am »

"6.9"? "7.0"? Those are different from 0.6.9 and 0.7.0! XD

Oops.  Roll Eyes   Heh. Serves me right for sending messages through my phone while at the Gym. Yes. v0.6.9   I tried to get version 7.0  but my Flux capacitor is on the fritz.  Wink

- Damon
JudgeYohance
*Many bubbles*

Captain in the Black Spathi Squadron

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 12:15:12 am »

I thought the HD Syreen was finished a long time ago?

This is some killer stuff, can't wait to see the rest.

Now are you upgrading only the races or is the entire game getting this kind of makeover?

Of course there are fates worse then death......after all.....you could always make me angry
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 03:39:51 am »

I thought the HD Syreen was finished a long time ago?

This is some killer stuff, can't wait to see the rest.

Now are you upgrading only the races or is the entire game getting this kind of makeover?

No, I'm still working on the Syreen. You may be thinking one of my 6014 Syreen?

The whole game is getting the same graphic  makeover. Comm screens, UI, lander aliens, ships, etc. The Comm screens are just some of the most time consuming parts, so it's the part I'm concentrating on first.

Zenzmurfy is helping me out and  working on some of the ships.  Here's his Yehat Terminator:

But he's a pretty busy guy. So we're always looking for more people. If anybody is good at 3D, send me a message.

- Damon
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2011, 05:12:25 am »

Just another update (am I able to edit existing posts?), this time... the Pkunk:

First the original:

And Kwayne's HD remake:

And for the largest in-game pic of the Pkunk Fury:

And Zenzmurfy's Pkunk Fury ship:

1st one is an enlarged view, second one is closer to in-game size.

- Damon
JudgeYohance
*Many bubbles*

Captain in the Black Spathi Squadron

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 05:54:44 am »

No, I'm still working on the Syreen. You may be thinking one of my 6014 Syreen?

That's it! Okay makes sense now. The art is simply amazing, I can't wait to see what these look like animated (Definitely going to take one once they are and make it into a screen saver)

A New game, a Upgrade to the Old game and all being done independently.....why do we even need the big companies? Smiley

Of course there are fates worse then death......after all.....you could always make me angry
dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2011, 07:20:25 pm »

Well. I'm still waiting for a TFB sequel Smiley

Anyways.  New pic. The original Hypnotoad! To spruce up the original (which just had a gray background), I added a light source from the bottom too. I could imagine the light pedestal being something to keep him warm.

Dynarri Talking Pet

You can download a high-res version by clicking the link and clicking the 'download image' link.

- Damon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length