The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:50:24 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Hypothetical or extreme physics questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Hypothetical or extreme physics questions  (Read 10037 times)
FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
Re: Hypothetical or extreme physics questions
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure I went into detail for all of my posts, my guess is that no one actually cares about the fact that I put out highly detailed content but is just tired of seeing my posts. If you don't like seeing my posts then post yourself, because the only reason I post so much is because i don't see any others posting.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »

My username on the old SCDB was "Jaychant". Look for my posts there (it's a little hard because I deleted my account a couple times) and notice that I had the exact same idea as you have now. Then look at the new SCDB, which I've heard is more lively now (and quick observation seems to confirm this).

Just let the forum lay dormant or get active again on its own. If you don't like it, you can go to another forum that's more active.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:30:13 pm by onpon4 » Logged

FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »

Yeah but I'm part of the forum, so isn't part of the forum becoming more active my incessant posting? Besides I don't plan on starting any new topics for a while, I just have to wait for these current ones to die down.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 04:31:29 pm »

You're just overestimating both the importance of "reviving" this forum and the role you need to play in doing so.

FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 05:50:40 pm »

To be honest after 2 years it finally seems like all it took was a bunch of posting to annoy people into posting more themselves.
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »

I doubt that's what you were trying to do (you seem to me to be more the immature type than the malicious type), but if it was, you would have been trolling. Annoying people is not a good way to start intelligent, interesting conversations.

Quality over quantity.

FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »

I don't think any of the recent posts could be considered "trolling" as I didn't actually insult anyone. At most it would be spamming, and I was in fact trying to post a lot so people would have a variety of things to respond to, the annoyingness I guess is just an inevitable result of that. And if you'll notice I did make a good attempt to explain the different interstellar drives and people are still free to discuss complex physics. I also said I wouldn't start any more topics for a while  and that I was merely waiting for the current ones to die down so other people's posts can actually show up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:46:47 pm by FakeMccoy » Logged
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 07:30:05 pm »

As I said, I don't think you were trolling, but you seem to understand that what you are doing is annoying. I'm just saying that's not going to cause intelligent discussions to crop up.

There's no need for you do do anything to make this forum more active. Just let it be as active or inactive as it is.

FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »

I suppose I went overboard but I'd like the think the discussions on interstellar drives and degenerate matter was intelligent enough.
Dabir
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:41 pm »

I would rather have a slow forum than a garbage heap.

Kohr-Ah Primat was superb at revival - she necroposted into all sorts of old discussions, and added new insights each time.

That's a good model. Find some old discussion, see if you have anything to add to it, and if you do, then add it. If you don't, don't.
Death's is generally a good model, but I propose a revision. Since you're so bad at working out whether you have anything to add, try this method.

Find some old discussion, see if you have anything to add to it, and if you do, then add it. If you don't, don't.
FakeMccoy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 11:38:16 pm »

Or I'll just ignore that and add stuff that seems like its worth adding. Besides I said I wasn't going to start any more topics for a while, at least on this site.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length