The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:23:05 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Another Attempt at a Sequel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Another Attempt at a Sequel  (Read 20083 times)
nuke
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Another Attempt at a Sequel
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2014, 01:02:23 am »

The Starmap isn't yet searchable,  but will be.  Trying to find a star cluster in there will be a mess without it.  The Marauder's special does go in all directions.   If you fly around it you will find it's a sphere of flames.  I'll post some pics of it at different angles.  I generate the points of a sphere and draw the flames off of them.
nuke
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2015, 02:10:28 pm »

New Video Posted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQqDAtOtlY
Telecart
Zebranky food

No. I don't think so.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2015, 03:13:29 am »

That looks AMAZING!!

Nihilistic mystics, apostolic alcoholics, messianic maniacs, cataclysmic and prolific.
nuke
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2015, 04:07:31 pm »

Thanks for your support!

I have enough there for a playable demo, so I'm focusing on getting the client-server architecture so people can connect and fight each other.
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »

Wow, this is quite something.

It feels like the cruiser handles a lot better than it used to (I imagine this is for demo purposes - you can adjust parameters later)

Also interesting on the customizability. Looks like the other cruiser there didn't have any PDL.

Some narration of what you're doing would have been nice, but you definitely showed us some things!
Grand Master Planet Eater
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2015, 09:21:20 am »

That really looks impressive, can't wait for it.
danzibr
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »

That it does!

I liked everything about it.  Especially the traveling between stars (when you talked about speeding it up in the video, did you actually speed the video up?).  Even that you named your ship Daedalus Tongue
Scalare
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2015, 12:56:29 pm »

It really looks nice! I hope you proceed with development to make it a full game Smiley.
nuke
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2015, 06:59:13 pm »

I have my engine sourced from NemoKradXNA (on Youtube) who generously provided me with his source code.  His tutorials have helped me with a lot of the development.  This is what planet excusions will look like - more or less Smiley  UI improvements continue, the backend DB is solid.  You will be able to stash all your goods on the surface of any one of these planets, and go hunting for other's stuff if you want to steal something.

Tealdragon204
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 03:51:03 am »

Hello Everyone,

This is just something I've been tinkering with since around March or so, hopefully I can develop something that you guys can play.  I've been able to locate various "fan art" for the ship models, and used some source code from UQM like the star maps, and how planetary elements are generated.

I'm off on a bit of a non-functional development tangent right now, trying to add particle effects to the earthling nuke missiles, and chmmr lasers, but after that will implement TCP/IP so that at least there is a playable part for the public to test with.  However, all those star systems in the map are navigable, there's something under 5000 unique systems in there.

Don't be too critical, this is my version of somebody building a ship in a bottle, or putting models together in their spare time.  I'm by no means a professional game developer, I'm merely learning it as I go along.

Oh yeah, the end product will be open source (as I have no choice) - I've just put other people's work together here to create the environment.

These stars are actually "twinkling"
Dotting for future reference

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you” - Friedrich Nietzsche
(I like this quote, but I'm not an Atheist)
nuke
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2016, 02:02:13 pm »

A long time, seems like vaporware doesn't it...

Coding the planets is taking way more time than I would like.

Took the last 2 months trying to adapt for Oculus Rift, turns out I'd have to rewrite most of the engine as it requires DirectX 11, and this project merely uses DX9.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length