The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:22:30 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  WIP: Experimental Crazy Mod port to current UQM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WIP: Experimental Crazy Mod port to current UQM  (Read 1727 times)
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
WIP: Experimental Crazy Mod port to current UQM
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »

For roughly a month now I've been working on porting Elvish Pillager's old Crazy Mod (based on UQM 0.6.2, released over five years ago) to the current development UQM code. While there's still some bugs and missing features, it's now mostly complete. Currently known bugs/missing features:

Mmrnmhrm is broken and mostly unusable (related to collisions with asteroids while tractoring them) - FIXED (Windows executable updated)
Vanilla's small limit on the number of elements in the arena at once was still in effect - FIXED (Windows executable updated)
Only normal sized teams for now (I plan to add this once I've figured out a good way to avoid the graphical glitches the old Crazy Mod's big teams had) - FIXED (see below, Windows executable updated)
Many AIs are even more broken than they were in the original Crazy Mod...

Source code can be found in the 'crazy-ng' branch in this git repository. A Windows debug build is available here, and you can get the resource pack (see below) here (thanks to Gekko for hosting these).

Since this is based on current UQM git and not 0.7.0, you will need the most recent content update pack from the UQM git snapshot page to play - Windows users can just follow the instructions there, using the Windows debug build linked above along with/instead of a 'normal' UQM snapshot build. You will also need an extra addon pack, or you will see glitches in the ship selection dialog. Windows users just need to put the resource pack linked above in the content/addons directory, if you have voices/Precursors remixes/etc it goes next to them. To build from source you just need to clone the git repository - all the needed content is there.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 02:57:41 pm by oldlaptop » Logged

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
danzibr
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
Re: WIP: Experimental Crazy Mod port to current UQM
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:06 am »

Cool. I had no idea Crazy Mod was going to be available. I tried it and man... it really deserves its name.
oldlaptop
*Smell* controller

View Profile
Re: WIP: Experimental Crazy Mod port to current UQM
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:57:04 pm »

30-ship teams working - with almost no interface glitches!

http://plantmonster.homeip.net/~oldlaptop/images/30ship-meleemenu.png
http://plantmonster.homeip.net/~oldlaptop/images/30ship-pickmelee.png

In order to make that second screenshot happen an addon pack is needed (like the Improved Netmelee Mod's effects pack), since the image for the blue background needed to be altered. As before, if you build from source you have this already, if not you can get a copy here.

Play Supermelee online in #uqm-arena!
Netmelee Improvement Mod
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length