The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:37:05 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - Another Fun Top Down Space Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - Another Fun Top Down Space Game  (Read 2180 times)
Rapajez
Frungy champion

View Profile
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - Another Fun Top Down Space Game
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:06 am »

I just played the demo for this on Steam, and thought a lot of users here might enjoy it: http://store.steampowered.com/app/258010

It's a top-down space shooter, with a long single-player campaign, with a unique story. Missions range from killing X mercenaries to traveling inside your brain to bind neutrons...or something like that...crazy stuff.

Tons of ship customization. You unlock a ton of hulls in 5 categories ranging from basic fighters, to "grapplers", which use melee moves, including grabbing and throwing other ships into stuff. Each hull also has a ton of equipment you can research, arrange, stack, and customize. There's a bunch of scenarios and multiplayer to keep you busy after the campaign. Of course, the campaign itself is pretty linear, and there's no SCII-style exploration, but net-melee fans will definitely enjoy the combat. Graphics and sound are the best I've seen for a game in this tiny genre; although the interface can be a little lack-luster.

Anyway, I enjoyed the demo, thinking about purchasing it (demo progress caries over), and figured I'd throw this out to the community.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:32:59 am by Rapajez » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length