The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:52:13 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  I'm ready to just drop this game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm ready to just drop this game  (Read 3006 times)
PureHate
Zebranky food

View Profile
I'm ready to just drop this game
« on: September 27, 2015, 03:26:20 am »

I'm getting really pissed and I'm about to just give up.

I'm in the beginning of the game where you receive the Umgah Caster from the spathi and as soon as I leave their system, I get jumped on by TWO Ur-Quan Dreadnoughts. What the fucking worst part about that is THEY WERE WAITING FOR ME. I've tried everything and I just can't destroy this piece of crap. I use the earthling ship and I fire as much missiles as I can but those little fucking stupid red dots just catch up to me and I get blown up to smithereens.
I tried using the Precursor ship but as soon as they get close to me I get surrounded by the same fucking irritating laser shooting red dots and I get fucking wrecked. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea for a beginner in the game to face such fucking annoying powerful ships? What the fuck can I do? I am clearly upset as you can see since I really wanted to enjoy this game but if I can't even get pass the beginning how the fuck am I supposed to beat the rest of the game?

Not to mention I have to fight TWO ships. What kind of bullshit is this? Literally, what the fuck?

Julie.chan
*Many bubbles*

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
Re: I'm ready to just drop this game
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 04:33:37 am »

There are two points where I can tell that your tale is bullshit:

- There is never a point when Ur-Quan ships can show up near Spathiwa, or anywhere in Spathi space for that matter. Their sphere of influence never moves, and the only Ur-Quan encountered outside of their sphere of influence is the one in Vela.

- The Ur-Quan AI never launches fighters against Earthling, a sensible decision given that this ship can just zap them away instantly.

Given these two points, your story is impossible unless you specifically modified the game to make it possible. And beyond that, there are some things that just don't make sense:

- Complaining about the Ur-Quan's fighters, which are so fragile, slow, and simplistic that they're incredibly easy to deal with, especially when coupled with the AI's predictable method of deploying them. All you need is a ship with decent speed and a gun, or a fast ship like the Spathi.

- Complaining about having to fight two ships as if it's a huge amount, when this would be a small fleet.

- Referring to getting the Umgah 'caster as the "beginning". It's not exactly late in the game, but you have to have been allied with the Spathi for quite some time for it to happen.

- Not having any Spathi ships at all, when you've been allied with the Spathi for that long. At the same time, having a weak, slow flagship. Where could you possibly be spending all of your RUs?

I assume this is some kind of joke, but I don't get it. It's not April Fool's day yet.

Krulle
Enlightened

*Hurghi*! Krulle is *spitting* again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:17:11 am »

Besides whatever my previous poster said (and I agree with):

Then drop the game.
Most of us regard the green Kzer-Za (green Ur-Quan) as easy RU/money. Alas it is unpredictable to fight the Kzer-Za without encountering the Kohr-Ah too, so we do not seek them out.
Fleets range from one to ten ships, so two is a very reasonable number. (Granted, with Ur-Quan most fleets are from one to three ships.)
There are home-world fleets too. They'll be slightly harder to beat.

Yes, the black dots in hyperspace wait for you to return to hyperspace. You can only get rid of those black dots on the hyperspace radar if you move out of THEIR range. Either by moving out of their Sphere of Influence (SOI), or by being faster than them.
If you're about to enter a system when these following black dots are very close, try considering flying elsewhere to draw them away from the system you wish to enter, so that they won't be at that spot when you re-enter Hypersapce. (Hyperspace "freezes" when you're in Real Space, thus nothing will change in HyperSpace until you return to it. - the black dots will not move closer in that time, not will they disappear. And when you see ships entering/leaving the system you're in, this does not mean creation/elimination of black dots at the border of the system in HyperSpace.)
Try buying speed and turning upgrades at the space station to outrun the HyperSpace radar blips..
Umgah and Spathi space is far outside the Ur-Quans SOIs, so you will not encounter them there (with one single exception). Or have you been visiting the ZFP after having received the 'caster?

Have you ever tried the Emergency Escape Device?   ("ESC" key on desktop systems)
When far away from your opponent in a fight, try it.

If necessary, try the game again. It sounds like you wasted time with a slow ship on the plot, while it may have been better to spend your time harvesting Resource Units (RU) early in the game to upgrade your ship.
You WILL need a fast ship pretty soon. Or you will be broken down for components.

Oh, and try playing Melee, Practice with the second weapon and see what a Human Cruiser can do to the red pixels of the Kzer-Za Dreadnought,

>><(((^|°>
UrQuanian
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 11:28:19 am »

Whats this BS rambling about, take charge, practice learn, upgrade progress !! this is the best game that was ever made, i just love the mini blackholes chasing me, 2 or 3 or more  chasing me is even more of a rush !
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:29:59 am by UrQuanian » Logged
Tealdragon204
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 03:43:16 am »

There are two points where I can tell that your tale is bullshit:

- There is never a point when Ur-Quan ships can show up near Spathiwa, or anywhere in Spathi space for that matter. Their sphere of influence never moves, and the only Ur-Quan encountered outside of their sphere of influence is the one in Vela.

- The Ur-Quan AI never launches fighters against Earthling, a sensible decision given that this ship can just zap them away instantly.

Given these two points, your story is impossible unless you specifically modified the game to make it possible. And beyond that, there are some things that just don't make sense:

- Complaining about the Ur-Quan's fighters, which are so fragile, slow, and simplistic that they're incredibly easy to deal with, especially when coupled with the AI's predictable method of deploying them. All you need is a ship with decent speed and a gun, or a fast ship like the Spathi.

- Complaining about having to fight two ships as if it's a huge amount, when this would be a small fleet.

- Referring to getting the Umgah 'caster as the "beginning". It's not exactly late in the game, but you have to have been allied with the Spathi for quite some time for it to happen.

- Not having any Spathi ships at all, when you've been allied with the Spathi for that long. At the same time, having a weak, slow flagship. Where could you possibly be spending all of your RUs?

I assume this is some kind of joke, but I don't get it. It's not April Fool's day yet.

The Spathi work wonders against both the Ur-Quan and the Kohr-Ah

“He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you” - Friedrich Nietzsche
(I like this quote, but I'm not an Atheist)
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:41:20 pm »

Well, they do when the AI pilots them...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length