The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:45 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  The MegaMod 0.8.0 has finally arrived!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: The MegaMod 0.8.0 has finally arrived!  (Read 44010 times)
Orz?
Zebranky food

Do you want to *squirt*?

View Profile
Re: The MegaMod 0.8.0 has finally arrived!
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2018, 09:16:34 pm »

I'm saying nah to more in-game options unless it's absolutely necessary or brilliant.
And there really doesn't need to be an in-game option for something that can be easily added by putting the file in along side the remixes.

Actually, yeah, it's quite perfect as is. I hadn't looked into the mod in detail when I made the observations: Erroneously assumed every feature you had was going into in-game options, such a silly camper Tongue But no, it's far better these extra things go on the installer.

I see the projectile weapons just fine on all three different resolutions

On a large monitor, yes. On smaller ones it kinda makes you squint at times.
Notably:
  • Syreen's particle beam
  • Scout's energy dart
  • Eluder's B.U.T.T. torpedoes
  • Mauler's sniper bullet
  • Stinger's anti-matter particles

All I was saying is some projectiles could probably have benefited from being either larger (without affecting hitboxes), colored more brightly, or given a thin white outline (to more easily stand out against the black background). Just a very minor gripe with the original game!

End of transmission.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:32:09 pm by Orz? » Logged

It is better not to *frumple* or else there is so much problems. Better parties in *the middle* for sure.
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2018, 01:55:36 am »

It seems to have resulted from a change in the way the MegaMod calls string variables during dialogue.  Because my mod was using the original/old formatting, the MegaMod read the .txt file incorrectly after the section where it refers to the string, resulting in it linking the ogg files incorrectly.

Fortunately Serosis noticed the issue and sent me a fixed .txt file with the new formatting for that section.
I bet, and Serosis can probably confirm this, the change strings were a result of 0.8.0 changers. If so future versions of uqm will be this way.  Also, mega mod does not need additional command lines to run the package. Its programed to autoload your package.  Although he will have to account for your name change.  Also why not relabel your zip file to .uqm  since that is the standard naming scheme for all other uqm addons.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 03:34:57 am by darklord42 » Logged
Soul Reaver
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2018, 04:40:54 am »

It seems to have resulted from a change in the way the MegaMod calls string variables during dialogue.  Because my mod was using the original/old formatting, the MegaMod read the .txt file incorrectly after the section where it refers to the string, resulting in it linking the ogg files incorrectly.

Fortunately Serosis noticed the issue and sent me a fixed .txt file with the new formatting for that section.
I bet, and Serosis can probably confirm this, the change strings were a result of 0.8.0 changers. If so future versions of uqm will be this way.  Also, mega mod does not need additional command lines to run the package. Its programed to autoload your package.  Although he will have to account for your name change.  Also why not relabel your zip file to .uqm  since that is the standard naming scheme for all other uqm addons.

Happy to make any changes, but I haven't received any guidance on how to structure my mod to be compatible (until now).  I've shot an email off to Serosis to confirm.

EDIT: Revamped the site again.  New (.uqm) version created and uploaded.  Should be good to go now, let me know if you've given it a test and if it works.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:19:14 am by Soul Reaver » Logged

Go to www.warpstormstudios.com/uqmmod for my dialogue and visual fixes for UQM and UQMHD!
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2018, 12:53:38 pm »

Thanks! Though it looks like I caught you in the middle of a change.   I was just worried about inaccuracies in the information on your site, and the fact that loading your mod is in fact easier then you said it was, not needing additional launch commands and all on mega mod. The only real change I recommended was calling .zip, .uqm files.  Which is more of a nitpick for my own sanity.  UQM-MM is happy to load it either way. Smiley
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2018, 05:39:17 pm »

Everything has been fixed with the installer. Soul Reaver did a great job differentiating the different versions of UQM.

The artist once again known as Kohr-Ah Death 213.

Get your MegaMod HERE
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 01:26:19 am »

I can't download it off his Soul's anymore. Sad
[EDIT]
I guessed the link and was able to download it, but the links on the page need to be updated. Sad And Soul, you were right before to have separate versions for the 0.7.0 based UQM/UQM-HD and the 0.8.0 based MegaMod.  That is definitely the best way.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:29:59 am by darklord42 » Logged
Soul Reaver
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 05:31:17 am »

I can't download it off his Soul's anymore. Sad
[EDIT]
I guessed the link and was able to download it, but the links on the page need to be updated. Sad And Soul, you were right before to have separate versions for the 0.7.0 based UQM/UQM-HD and the 0.8.0 based MegaMod.  That is definitely the best way.

The page WAS updated though...  Can you recheck, maybe hitting CTRL+F5 to refresh it without using your cached files?

Go to www.warpstormstudios.com/uqmmod for my dialogue and visual fixes for UQM and UQMHD!
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2018, 12:39:09 pm »

Ah, total rookie mistake!  Sorry about that.  I was really scratching my head why all that hard work on your site was completely reversed.  Smiley  I was thinking," was it something I said?"

That does look great!  Great job!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:43:30 pm by darklord42 » Logged
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2018, 01:48:54 pm »

I've made a set of Windows Start Tiles for the MegaMod you can check out:

Get your MegaMod HERE
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2018, 03:39:57 am »

nice!
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2018, 04:57:49 am »

Now that I've got it to consistently compile in Linux without fail I want to see if I can fix the orbit line error on newer Xcode platforms.

Though I still haven't tried compiling it in Arch. That will be next I think.
____

Can confirm, orbit lines are still screwed when building on a Xcode version newer than 3.2.6

Was hoping moving to 0.8.0 would alleviate it but at least now I know the code a bit better that I can start working on it.
____

Something cool I didn't even notice is that mcmartin has been updating the official UQM code. Vanilla now builds in modern Linux!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:07:19 am by Serosis » Logged

Get your MegaMod HERE
darklord42
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2018, 12:39:17 am »

Ah,  I still wonder if the orbit code is really a clang issue.   I should find a little time to try to install clang and see if I get the same results as mac.
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2018, 04:22:09 am »

I tried expanding the variables to see if it was an overflow issue and no dice.
With all that math I can't tell what's what really.

But it's the same code that draws the SOI circles on the Starmap.
____

For those on Linux I've fixed all of the linker code so you can safely build and install yourself now.
Tested it in Manjaro and it works great.
____

Another thing I want to get fixed is the netplay. I don't understand what's going on but I can't get it to work,
at least locally or between a VM.

I just get "connection closed" immediately after connection.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 06:19:55 am by Serosis » Logged

Get your MegaMod HERE
spinacci
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2018, 07:18:48 pm »

HI,

Before going off to deal with the Sa-Matra, I had to fuel up at the Starbase as the game reset the fuel to 0.  I had fuel tanks but it wouldn't allow me to fuel up.  Is this a bug?  I had God Mode turned on and not sure if that affected anything.  I was able to finish the game by enabling Infinite Fuel.

Thanks
Kohr-Ah Death 213
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2018, 11:16:27 pm »

That actually may be a bug in the code that gives you "infinite RU".

I'll look into it but the last time I heard about that bug it was because someone was using the infinite RU cheat on top of getting infinite RU from the Chmmr.
So... Hmmm.

Get your MegaMod HERE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length