The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2018, 01:03:36 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Yes. We have good news! Well, that is to say, we have no news. But it is good news.

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  A fan game based on the destruction of Delta Gorno
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A fan game based on the destruction of Delta Gorno  (Read 249 times)
Serosis
Enlightened

View Profile WWW
A fan game based on the destruction of Delta Gorno
« on: April 14, 2018, 07:39:58 am »

A good friend of mine, Volasaurus, recently created this game after hearing the unreleased battle music track by Mark Brown.
Using the assets from UQM and UQM-HD he threw this together in short order using Unity 2D.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbo3jhdohkp81nv/Gorno64bit.zip?dl=0

It's a bullet-hell, shoot 'em up, race to the finish type game with several difficulty levels.
Here's a video of me playing on the easiest setting so you can get the general idea: https://streamable.com/586ss

Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial Share-Alike 2.5 applies to the UQM assets used in this release.

Addendum: As many of you know the Shofixti acquired and modified a Precursor bomb to blow up their sun in order to stop a large Ur-Quan fleet from advancing, sacrificing themselves in the process.
This is the sole reason why you can't detonate early.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:47:36 am by Serosis » Logged

The artist formerly known as Kohr-Ah Death.

Get your MegaMod HERE
Volasaurus
Zebranky food

Discord - Volasaurus#0260

View Profile
Re: A fan game based on the destruction of Delta Gorno
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 08:05:28 am »

Thanks for the signal boost, Serosis.

I just wanted to point out that I have plans for a 1.1 that will include some cool stuff, like more modes and some more personal touches. Things like a unique intro for Legend difficulty, possibly achievements. Also more custom options in the options menu like more scout skins, more exhaust colors, things like that. I'd do it all now, but I just spent 7 days of rapid-fire builds trying to meet my self-imposed deadline, so I'm going to take a little time off to recuperate.

Edit: Thiima also recorded a full playthrough of the Badass difficulty (Thiima's also being playing it since Alpha 5 :p) : https://youtu.be/OMUfAHktR-U
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 03:41:27 pm by Volasaurus » Logged
Schizoid
Zebranky food

aka SLY

View Profile WWW
Re: A fan game based on the destruction of Delta Gorno
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:32:53 pm »

It's nice  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length