The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum

The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release => Technical Issues => Topic started by: Jeebs on March 22, 2006, 08:36:26 am



Title: Issues with the remix packages
Post by: Jeebs on March 22, 2006, 08:36:26 am
Okay, I first installed UQM w/ all three remixes and everything worked fine... then one day for no apparent reason the second and third remix packages just stopped working entirely.  I ran the logfile to find out what might be going on, and lo and behold it's only detecting one of them... I've tried adding them into the command line manually, but that made the game crash.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong... if someone has any insight it would be much appreciated.  I'm not convinced this is a bug yet, so I haven't posted it on Bugzilla, however, if no one can offer any advice on how to resolve this problem, I will do so.  Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer.

     Jeebs.


Title: Re: Issues with the remix packages
Post by: Novus on March 22, 2006, 08:55:38 am
In which directory and with what filenames are the remix packages stored? Can you post the log file somewhere?

If the remixes are all in the same directory and have their original filenames, I have no idea what could cause this.


Title: Re: Issues with the remix packages
Post by: Jeebs on March 22, 2006, 08:57:13 am
They are stored in the remix directory inside the content/addon directories... all the files have their original names.  I have found nothing similar on the forum as of yet, so I'm wondering if this is in fact a bug.


Title: Re: Issues with the remix packages
Post by: Jeebs on March 22, 2006, 09:04:58 am
I just thought of something... could extracting the zips affect them somehow (I really don't see how)... but I did extract them to another directory outside the game folder so that I could listen to them individually.  They're quite good, and I'm kinda saddened that they stopped working...  :(


Title: Re: Issues with the remix packages
Post by: Jeebs on March 22, 2006, 10:34:18 am
Okay, nevermind I got them working... don't ask me how though.  Could be anything... from one of the settings I changed to something I might've done differently during the last re-install... in either case, it works now.