The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum

The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release => Starbase Café => Topic started by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 01:26:21 pm



Title: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 01:26:21 pm
Mission one: Ilwrath Temple.

The Alliance lander has been silently gliding through space for months. Keeping only the most vital life support systems on-line, your camouflaged lander has been moving through Ilwrath space, slowly nearing a remote planet in an outer system. It's not been an easy trek. Mr Bach has been kept restrained through the journey, to ensure that he does not kill his allies before the mission begins. This has put a strain on squad morale. Combined with Sukuzus strong unease in proximity to the large navigation window, it's been a harrowing journey. Thankfully the motherly Wubula has been able to mend the largest disputes and soothe frayed tempers.

You are here because you have a mission. Alliance special operations have located a secret research facility on this planet, where Hierarchy troops are working on some form of new weapon. The installation itself lies hidden beneath the ground, and is unassailable by force. However, it is situated under an old abandoned Ilwrath temple, which seems to be only lightly guarded. Further intel infers that the lead scientist on the project has his quarters above ground, due to some sort of inter-Hierarchy issues. If you can find his living quarters and any sort of notes on their research, the Alliance would have a better idea of what it is facing.

Your task is to get in, locate the scientists notes, and get out again. Keep that in mind, as your lander falls through the atmosphere disguised as a piece of space junk. Once the Hierarchy realises that this piece of junk didn’t crash into the ground, but rather landed neatly close to their installation, they’ll be all over you. Get back to your insertion spot as soon as you are done, and rev up those hidden engines for a flying exit. With any luck, your rendezvous ship should be arriving at the outskirts of the system just before the Hierarchy smashes your lander to bits. So strap on your breathing apparatus and let’s get going!

You quickly make your way from the lander to the old temple. It's easy enough to find, an imposing large stone structure looming in a godforsaken arid desert.  The massive doors look like an impenetrable obstacle. Fortunately, they are old and the hinges are worn, so a good shove makes them fall inwards. Unfortunately, it seems an Ilwrath (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56605#msg56605) was patrolling the courtyard inside, and he seems fairly surprised to see you. Time to test your mettle troops!

The Ilwrath is surprised, so you'll have time to act out your turn first. Keep in mind you can't see the courtyard yet, so there might be more enemies abound, and if you don't move swiftly you won't be able to surprise them.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2e22jhg.png)

Players: (This post will be updated with your current inventories, health and so forth during the entire game, so check back here if you can't remember how you are doing)

Arilou Spook Wawaweewa

LVL 1
XP 6/10
HP 4
STR 2
MOV 4

Weapon: Mystic Staff (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59780#msg59780),, 4 charges 4 strikes
Melee: Sissy slap, 1 strike
Defense: 2 parries

You’re the meanest leanest greenest Arilou around. The others “volunteered” you for special operations because your innate ability for violence scared them. Unfortunately you’re still a weak little sissy compared to any other race, but you make up for that with your mental powers.

Special abilities: None
Powers: Psychic flash (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56715#msg56715), Blurry (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56718#msg56718), Kinetic Punch (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56720#msg56720), Psychic Blast (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56549#msg56549)

Inventory:

Medikit (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56553#msg56553)
Spare clip (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56556#msg56556)
Spike (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56678#msg56678) *3
Protective Charm (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57164#msg57164) 3/3
Spike Grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406) * 2
Paingiver (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677)
Stun Baton (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57837#msg57837)(6 charges)
Dull Dagger (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58838#msg58838)


Syreen Squaddie Wubula

LVL 1
XP 8/12
HP 5/5
STR 3
MOV 5

Weapon: Slayer (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58753#msg58753)
Melee: Bonecrusher (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755), 3 strikes
Defense: 2 parries

What most people envision when they think of a Syreen, is a young, sexy, skinny blue girl like Talana. Wubula was like that, 20 years and 9 children ago. Now, she's 85 kg heavier and is beginning to turn a bit greenish. When Syra was destroyed, most Syreen women entered the military. Wubula, on the other hand, managed to ensnare one of the few remaining Syreen men, a frail little fellow with several physical handicaps, which was pretty good under the circumstances. Now, with Wubula having done her part for the repopulation of her species, she went to serve in another way, and started military training. There, she surprised everyone, leaving the younger trainees far behind her. It turned out that there's a lot of muscle underneath all that fat, and a lot of air inside that big chest.

Special abilities: None
Powers: Confusion (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56560#msg56560), Pheromones (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56721#msg56721) (Used)

Inventory:
Spare clip (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56556#msg56556)
Androsynth Note (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57899#msg57899)
Ceremonial Dagger (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56562#msg56562)
Chemical Cocktail (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57900#msg57900)
Stun Baton (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57837#msg57837)(6 charges)
Spike (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56678#msg56678)
Spike Grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406)
Personalised Handgun (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57871#msg57871)(Locked to Wubula) (9 shots)
P. Handgun Clip


Shofixti Grunt Sukuzu

LVL 1
XP 10/14
HP 4/7
STR 3
MOV 6

Weapon:Slayer (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58753#msg58753), 2 strikes
Melee: Paws of fury, 4 strikes
Defense: 3 parries

is one of the greatest living warriors and shword masters of the Shofixti race and was quite eager to join the front ranks of the Alliance when the Great War began. His combat prowess was unimaginable, his bravery unsurpassed, his shwordmanship unmatched; all Shofixti took great pride in Sukuzu...all that before he jumped into Scout cockpit for the first time in his life. It wasn't just the travel from his Homeworld to the Yehat Orbital Training station that made him uneasy, but that strange feeling of weightlessness...it made him feel almost as if he was...what was that alien feeling? Oh, yes - afraid. And when he was encased alone in that small small seat and witnessed as the infinity of that bleak and black Void known as TrueSpace unfolds beneath his paws he felt not just his fur, but whole body shivering like a leaf on the winter wind. He didn't hear his instructor Prkk Kreet when he told him to charge his engines and start his scanners. He didn't see the red light blinking on his command panel telling him that his ship was still attached to the station. He just couldn't stop thinking how the Void was big and the stars so small...so little...so few in numbers...so *orange flash in cockpit* *ship out of control* *vomits* *panic attack* *shipyard proximity alert* *more vomiting* *blessed unconsciousness*...A split second and 2-3 quick debriefings later (not to mention few 10k RUs worth a damage:)  SC Command decided that it was best for all  to recommission Sukuzu from Star Control Space Service to Corridor 9 to serve as a spy until he's done with his spacefaring disease problem.

Char Info: Rather than to abandon service, Sukuzu chose to serve as a spook for the Alliance and try to regain some of his former glory and clear his name of shame it now holds. However his problems are far from being solved, because every once in a while he still loses himself when faced with the infinity of cosmos...for example when his look slips to the window in a starship cantina or when looking at the charts of a really big starmap:) this course of events made Sukuzu overly paranoid and superstitious (due to lack of confidence) but recently, thanks to his successful fear therapy treatment with Yehat warpriests/ Shofixti maidens/ Hunam shrinks, he learned that there are alternative solutions for his problem. Instead of standing frozen and lost in thought or even getting a panic attack, he decided to go frenzy whenever he starts to lose control - it even looks more honorable/brave and warriorish that way:) besides that he's full of glory, honor, moral, witty language/insults and all things furry and Shofixtian as any other Great Shofixti Warrior! Kyaiee! Grin

Appearance: grown Shofixti adult, 3 Shofixti/38 Earthling yrs old (this is a guess, taking their lightspeed fast metabolism into account). The fur is exactly the same as on any Shofixtian except that the basic color is desert-gold-yellow (not the standard brown) and it grows into a mane*. Also: big sensitive ears,  big cunning dark brown eyes, long furry fox-like tail with a black point. Weighs around 50 lbs and stands about 111 cm tall (when walking upright) and is around 170 cm long when walking on all fours (is there any info abouth their w/h?couldn't find any in the wikia  Tongue ). Wears standard Shofixti spy outfit (whatever that may be).

Special abilities: Battlecry (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58298#msg58298)

Inventory:

Spare Clip (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56556#msg56556)
Spike (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56678#msg56678)
Pretty Flower (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56723#msg56723)
Handgun (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56561#msg56561)
Table Shield (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58445#msg58445) 1/4
Spike Grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406)

Human Trooper Grünfield Bach

LVL 1
XP 9/14
HP 5/6
STR 4
MOV 4

Weapon: Automatic Rifle (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56576#msg56576), 3 strikes
Melee: Combat Knife (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56577#msg56577), 2 strikes
Defence: 3 parries (Androsynth Armour) (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57901#msg57901)

Grünfeld is a devout (which here is just an euphemism for fanatical) German Neo-Protestant radical. He is the member of a sect who split from Jason MacBride's Homo Deus cult; Bach's sect believes in the superiority of humanity over all other races, equating them all with the spawn of Satan (their word for them is "Unclean"). He was caught by the United Nations Security Force while attempting to place a bomb within the Syreen embassy in Los Angeles; recognizing his abilities, however, and the dire need of the Alliance for experienced operatives, Corridor Nine requested that he be released under the condition that he serves under them in the Great War. In a moment of weakness (which he later rationalized, thinking that his death would lead to no good, while his service would lead to the death of many of the Unclean), Bach accepted the offer, and he is now forced to work alongside a full-alien crew, praying each night that God releases him from this terrible burden.

Appearance: Bach is in his mid-thirties, and has a buzz cut which reveals a cross tattooed on his head. His facial features and black eyes reveal an authoritarian, dominant personality. His chest is heavily scarred, the result of a grievous burn he suffered early in his service to his sect. He has also painted a cross on his weapon (as part of a ritual in which he consecrated it to God).

Special abilities: Fall Back (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59292#msg59292)

Inventory:

Rifle Clip (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56578#msg56578)
Fleshroaster (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56812#msg56812)
Androsynth Armour (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57901#msg57901)
Chemical Cocktail (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57900#msg57900)
Androsynth Eye (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58086#msg58086l)
Saber (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58376#msg58376)
Gas Tank (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56813#msg56813)
Bonecrusher (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755)
Spike Grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 06, 2009, 05:45:21 pm
I think I'll take a shot at the Ilwrath.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 05:53:24 pm
Unfortunately you need a straight line of fire to take a shot, emaning you need to move sideways to do so. If the Shofixti moves you can take a sidestep and fire twice. If not, you can take a step to the side, one forward and fire once. But then you'll be in everyone else line of fire, an drisk being hit if they fire.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 06, 2009, 06:30:21 pm
OOC: Okay, so I suppose we're waiting for Son_of_Antares to melee-attack the Ilwrath, so that then Wubula can step forward and shoot him to death (if he hasn't died already -- he has a probability of dying of 1423251/1679616, which is to say about 0.85)?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 07:01:56 pm
OOC: If that's what you choose to do. One of you can also fire a grenande, or opt for shooting and/or just moving out into the courtyard in case there are other enemies preparing to close in on you. The one Ilwrath shouldn't bee too much of a threat, so do what you think is best as a group. I can tell that the simultaneous turns are going to be troublesome as it is, so unless we get this ball rolling during Wednesday, I'll start doing first come first served turns on Thursday.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 06, 2009, 07:10:19 pm
OOC: Okay, so I suppose we're waiting for Son_of_Antares to melee-attack the Ilwrath, so that then Wubula can step forward and shoot him to death (if he hasn't died already -- he has a probability of dying of 1423251/1679616, which is to say about 0.85)?
You can walk through other players as long as you don't end up on the same square as one. So it would be better to do it in the reversed order: Wubula stepping forward two steps, firing, then Suzuku stepping forward two steps, and do a melee attack. And if the Ilwrath is still alive, either Wawaweewa or Bach can do a step sideways and fire, risking friendly fire.

It seems to me that Wawaweewa is rather at a disadvantage. He (she?) is usually going to arrive at a battle latest, with only 3 MOV, and then can hardly do any damage. The mental powers are nice, but there's probably going to be more than 3 enemies in this mission.
Suzuku, on the other hand, is in a position to kill many enemies before anyone else gets close to it.

Does everyone get XP when a kill is made, or only the one who delivered the fatal blow? If it is the latter, maybe we should let Wawaweewa level up first, so that he/she won't hold us up.



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 07:16:33 pm
Completing tasks (of which there are a few) will give everyone XP. Kills give the killer XP up until the max for the scenario (level 2, 10 XP). Any XP you receive after that  is put on hold for further missions. The Arilou is the slowest and most vulnerable of you, so getting him to level up will be challenging. He is also the one who will benefit most from levelling up.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 06, 2009, 07:19:15 pm
I think it would be best not to save those Arilou powers for later, but rather to use them to do damage as soon as possible.

When leveling up, do powers and HP get recharged?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 06, 2009, 07:19:26 pm
OOC: Okay, so I suppose we're waiting for Son_of_Antares to melee-attack the Ilwrath, so that then Wubula can step forward and shoot him to death (if he hasn't died already -- he has a probability of dying of 1423251/1679616, which is to say about 0.85)?
You can walk through other players as long as you don't end up on the same square as one. So it would be better to do it in the reversed order: Wubula stepping forward two steps, firing, then Suzuku stepping forward two steps, and do a melee attack. And if the Ilwrath is still alive, either Wawaweewa or Bach can do a step sideways and fire, risking friendly fire.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if such a waste of ammunition would be a good idea -- 85% seems good enough (though Bach firing once would raise the probability to slightly more than 95%, which is to say basically a sure kill), and by the way I'm not sure whether the results of the rolls are communicated once the turn is ended or after each player's move. Oh well, I suppose 3 rounds out of 60 isn't much.

And by the way, Dabir, it wouldn't hurt if Wawaweewa picked up the Paingiver -- it has two attacks as opposed to one, and can't require more than 2 STR to use (as the Ilwrath has, just like you, only 2 STR).

IC: Bach was happy to be under the open skies once again, even if it was on an alien, devilish world far from the planet granted to Man by godly decree. In front of him was a hideous spider-like demon, no douby hailing from the deepest pits of Gehenna. Entrusting his fate to God, he leapt forward and took a shot at the fiend's thorax.

Summary: 2 North, 1 West, Ranged Attack on Ilwrath apprentice.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 07:24:13 pm
When leveling up, do powers and HP get recharged?

HP gets recharged, powers don't. You also get an ability which may affect powers and some level-ups include other perks as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 06, 2009, 07:50:58 pm
Ok, I sniff around, give the Ilwrath my best you-are-going-down stare, yell: "You rotten 8-legged larval freak! I'm gonna turn you into nice little fillets with my paws, roast you with my anger and sterilize your appendages so I can use them as cocktail sticks to serve my comrades! Kyaiee!!!" and engage the enemy :D

So I move two squares north to face the Ilwrath (0 AP consumed right?); then I fire my handgun in his head (1 attack, 1 AP) following that with the paws of fury and a bite to his/hers metathorax (4 attacks(?), 1 AP)...

OOC: and what was the effect? *blink blink*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 07:53:32 pm
Hmm, there seems to be some confusion over movement rules, which is probably because I've done a poor job of explaining them.

The idea behind the rules was that I'd move you all simultaneously. This means that meep's idea of Wubula firing first would be impossible, since I'd be moving both Wubula and Sukuzu at once. So Wubula won't be in front of Sukuzu unless he takes a detour. Both would arrive at the same time, and you'd have friendly fire. See the picture for explanation.

(http://i44.tinypic.com/ac9wt0.png)

However, the way you've come up with is probably just as good, and easier for you to plan out, so we'll go wit that. You agree on movements, and then tell me in which order those orders will be executed. If something unexpected happens, I'll pause the turn and allow you to readjust your movements. Sound good?

Regarding the question about damage, seeing as I'm now moving you one at a time, I'll tally the damage after each unit has moved. If the enemy has died before you attack them, you'll move just as before, but you won't attack and thus have an action point and a few more steps left to move.

EDIT: And since I have two moves already, I'm waiting for Wawaweewa and Wubula, and then you need to tell me the order of execution. I assume I start with Sukuzu, but then what? Or do you want to just go with first post first move straight away? That's a bit more risky for you, but easier to play...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 06, 2009, 07:58:45 pm
OOC: So, just to clarify, would I be able to hit the Ilwrath with Mayhem or would I have to move to do that too?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 06, 2009, 08:00:41 pm
Ok, I sniff around, give the Ilwrath my best you-are-going-down stare, yell: "You rotten 8-legged larval freak! I'm gonna turn you into nice little fillets with my paws, roast you with my anger and sterilize your appendages so I can use them as cocktail sticks to serve my comrades! Kyaiee!!!" and engage the enemy :D

You actually had the time to say all that while attacking him, you freaky Sullustan on speed!? ;)

Quote
So I move two squares north to face the Ilwrath (0 AP consumed right?); then I fire my handgun in his head (1 attack, 1 AP) following that with the paws of fury and a bite to his/hers metathorax (4 attacks(?), 1 AP)...

OOC: and what was the effect? *blink blink*

Why, pray tell, did you not attack him with your melee weapon twice instead of attacking him first with your handgun and then with your paws?

Quote
EDIT: And since I have two moves already, I'm waiting for Wawaweewa and Wubula, and then you need to tell me the order of execution. I assume I start with Sukuzu, but then what? Or do you want to just go with first post first move straight away? That's a bit more risky for you, but easier to play...

With Suzuku? You mean with Bach?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 06, 2009, 08:08:46 pm
What advantage would there be for Sukuzu to do a ranged attack instead of another melee attack?

Well, seeing as Wubulu can no longer get a shot in without risking shooting someone else, and the Ilwrath is going down anyway, Wubulu moves N N E N, and makes a funny face at the Ilwrath.

What's the range of the Confusion power, btw? And does it work through walls?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 08:16:49 pm
With Suzuku? You mean with Bach?

No, I was going with what'd be smarter from your point of view if you agree on in which order you move. But seeing as this is getting a bit disorganised, I'm just going to start moving you according to in which order you post, so Bach moves first.

meep: As long as Wubulu can see a victim it works. No need for straight lines or any of that.

Calculating your moves now, weigh in when you're ready Dabir.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 06, 2009, 08:22:02 pm
Not to nag, but...
OOC: So, just to clarify, would I be able to hit the Ilwrath with Mayhem or would I have to move to do that too?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 06, 2009, 08:23:49 pm
Why, pray tell, did you not attack him with your melee weapon twice instead of attacking him first with your handgun and then with your paws?

Wait wait wait. So when I use my melee or ranged attack I must use all of it, no combining allowed? Like in this situation - I have 2 AP left and wanted to use one of my two ranged attacks with handgun and to shove the rest for melee, hopefully massacring the dreaded space spider. Hm?

What advantage would there be for Sukuzu to do a ranged attack instead of another melee attack?

I just wanted to try them out both, to see how different attacks will resolve and to what effect.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 06, 2009, 08:26:42 pm
No, I was going with what'd be smarter from your point of view if you agree on in which order you move.

Why would it be "smarter"? If Bach moves first, then we avoid friendly fire.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 08:32:48 pm
Bach moved swiftly, letting all that packed fury unfurl. He swiftly stepped infront of Sukuzu, firing his rifle before anyone else even had a chance to react. At thsi range, the Ilwrath never had a chance. Bullets piereced it's digusting carapace, and it sank down with a hissing sound.

Sukuzu, preparing himself for a charge and battle could not restrain himself. He rushed forward yelling, stopping only at the feet of his now dead enemy. He had stepped into the courtyard, and a bleak place it was. Grey blocks of stone, piled upon each other and nothing else. A large door to the north, and a slight curvature showing that the courtyard continued in other direction to the west and east. This place was empty, and dead. Except for to his left, where another vile Ilwrath sprang into action, stunned at what it saw.


OOC: Bach rolls 2 hits and a miss. The Ilwrath defends with two fails. The Ilwrath dies.

Sukuzu moves forward into the courtyard and stops. He discovers a second sentry! Sukuzu has two AP, Wubulu and Dabir haven'ty moved yet.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2jagksn.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 08:36:00 pm
Not to nag, but...
OOC: So, just to clarify, would I be able to hit the Ilwrath with Mayhem or would I have to move to do that too?

Sorry, I missed that. No, you can use Mayhem to hit anything you see, just like the Syreen confuse. unless a power specifies that you need a straight line, then field of vision is good enough. Also, if you use Psychic Radar you can use Mayhem on any of those targets, even though you don't see them.

Quote
Why would it be "smarter"? If Bach moves first, then we avoid friendly fire.

I misread your move  :-[ You are right of course.

Quote
Wait wait wait. So when I use my melee or ranged attack I must use all of it, no combining allowed? Like in this situation - I have 2 AP left and wanted to use one of my two ranged attacks with handgun and to shove the rest for melee, hopefully massacring the dreaded space spider. Hm?

No, you're allowed to combine just fine. It's just that two melee attacks would have done 2*4=8 dice and your attack did 1*4+1*2=6 damage. But you never got to execute it so it's null and void anyhow.

EDIT: Also that's slimy black oily Ilwrath blood and ichor, I didn't think to ask Dabir for a sprite for that.... Move to that square to loot the body.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 06, 2009, 08:43:50 pm
I can see that this thread is going to ruin my post count. :P

How does that door to the east affect movement and fire? Does ranged fire go through it? Would it take movement points if you want to pass it?

Btw, how are you maintaining that map? Is that a spreadsheet, or are you actually editing a picture directly?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 08:50:47 pm
How does that door to the east affect movement and fire? Does ranged fire go through it? Would it take movement points if you want to pass it?

Darn, that's not a door, it's a msitake. The only door is to the north. It takes one AP to open. I'll reupload the pic.

Quote
Btw, how are you maintaining that map? Is that a spreadsheet, or are you actually editing a picture directly?

Spreadsheet with pictures, copy-pasted to paint and uploaded. Left a cell marked without noticing it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 06, 2009, 08:56:49 pm
OOC: OK, I'll run N-N, and hit the Ilwrath with Mayhem.

IC: Wawa seized the opportunity after the gunfire had stopped to dash forwards. Shocked at seeing another of the spider monsters, its reflexes kicked in, throwing a blast of disorienting psy-waves at the hideous creature.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 09:04:17 pm
Wawas attack tears at the Ilwraths mind, and leaves it dazzled and confused. Friends turn to enemies, and enemies to friends. It blinks in a confused fashion.

OOC: -1HP for the Ilwrath, leaving it with 1HP.  Next turn it will be looking for other Ilwrath to attck and can't defend. In this turn, Shofixti and Syreen still have movement left. First post moves first.

Map

(http://i42.tinypic.com/28sdty.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 06, 2009, 09:07:12 pm
There goes a perfectly good power for neutralizing groups of enemies... The Syreen's Playback (or perhaps just Confusion, though the spider could've just fled if he was merely Confused, thus allowing the effect to wear off) would've been a better choice, or just plain shooting.

EDIT: Although, there might be more Ilwrath around the corner, so maybe it wasn't that bad of a move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 06, 2009, 09:08:34 pm
Wubula waits for Sukuzu to hopefully make room for her. She's not the thinnest, you know.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 06, 2009, 09:12:21 pm
OOC: That was pretty much the only way I could do any damage at all - I couldn't run AND shoot, or use any of the other powers that do damage.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 06, 2009, 09:16:30 pm
Well you don't have to shoot it, you could've just picked the Paingiver and let Wubula use Playback (after Suzuku let her occupy his place, of course). Anyway, we still have two grenades, so it's probably not going to be a problem.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 06, 2009, 09:25:26 pm
Playback needs line of sight, so that wouldn't have worked. Confusion would, though.
Anyhow, since Wubula can't do a useful attack this turn anyhow, she just moves N N N N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 06, 2009, 09:33:23 pm
IC: Gives a scowl look to Bach and mumbles something about first blood and no good earthling. Then moves W N N E. Gotta watch that fur ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 06, 2009, 09:39:40 pm
Wubula moves forward, stepping into the courtyard. The dazzled Ilwrath poses no threat to her, and she knows it. The door in front of her is worrying though, a large ornate thing in metal, not likely to fall apart as easily as the previous one. The doors are covered with ornate scenes from Ilwrath rituals, or at least that seems the logical conclusion. Beast of many different sorts are torn, quartered, burned and maimed in graphic detail.

Other than this the courtyard holds little of interest. No grass grows in this forlorn place, and the sky above is grey. No windows of any sort can be spotted, and beyond dried dark spots on the wall they are uniform blocks of solid rock. She turns to look at Sukuza, still a bit confused by his pre-slain enemy.


MAP

(http://i43.tinypic.com/a2x4xx.png)

OOC: Well, it's time for bed, since I've got work in the morning. Everything seems to be going well so far, despite early confusions. Now that the rules are a bit smarter and simpler I'm sure we'll be able to continue the adventure soon. When Sukuzu is done, I'll move the Ilwrath and then it's once again time for "First to post moves first".

EDIT: Well, I'll add that last move tomorrow and move the enemies, then you're up again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 07, 2009, 04:38:11 pm
Sukuzu daintily sidesteps the pool of gore and ichor in a not very warrior-like manner. He eyes the door in front of him hopefully, perhaps within he will find new enemies to slay.

The Ilwrath feels as if its mind is on fire. It is compelled to find its former friends and strike them down, to rend their traitorous flesh. But it cannot see any such beings, only the noble and good creatures that saved it from itself. Dazed and confused it staggers towards them, to show its appreciation. Such glorious beings of light, and what a wonderful feeling of love they have lit in it's mind.


Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/se2ee1.png)

OOC: Since the Ilwrath can't see any of it's kind, it simply walks toward the group randomly, based on the dice.

Turn 1 Results: Bach + 1XP, Wawa has used up the power Mayhem. Ilwrath will not defend during the next turn, and will revert to normal when you have moved. First post first move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 07, 2009, 05:58:16 pm
Ok, so only Sukuzu, Wubula and (if Sukuzu moves) Bach are able to get into firing range and fire this turn.
If Sukuzu shoots first and kills the Ilwrath, we still have enough AP to enter the door, though it's probably better to go in there with full AP. We may also want to examine the outer area first (while keeping an eye on the door), so that we won't be attacked from behind.
We also have an Ilwrath corpse left to examine. I suggest that Sukuzu and Wubula take out the Ilwrath, and either Bach or Wawa examines the corpse of the last Ilwrath for items.

Wubula moves E E N and fires at the Ilwrath. "Take that, Spiderman!".


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 07, 2009, 07:00:54 pm
OOC: Note that the Ilwrath is also reduced to 1 HP, and therefore Wubula has a 75% chance of killing him.

IC: "Bear witness to the power of the Almighty Lord!"

The spider-demon had fallen much easier than Bach had anticipated; he resolved not to loot its unholy items, and proceeded forth toward the corner of the building to check whether any of the Unclean still resided there.

Summary: N E E E


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 07, 2009, 07:06:34 pm
Wubula waddles forward, a strange grace in her flabby posture. As she raises her gun and fires, the Ilwrath jerks violently. Confused, alone and wounded, it never has a chance. With a guttural rasping it sags to the ground, and dies. A sad end for a wretched creature.

Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/34xm4h0.png)

OOC: Wubula rolls a hit and a bullseye. The Ilwrath can't defend, and even if it did the bullseye would have killed it. You guys have the luck of the dice so far. Or the luck of probability. I wonder if defending should work a bit better. Oh well, this can and will be used against you as well I suppose.

Also, new rule! When there are no enemies visible on the map, looting, using and so forth does not take an action point. When no enemies are present, the only things that consume action points are moving and opening doors! This should make looting and healing and such a bit quicker.

EDIT: Darn, I can tell this is going to be a theme. Redoing the post.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 07, 2009, 07:47:33 pm
OOC: Battle control online.

EDIT:

IC: I sniff that putrid slime left by the fallen enemy and carefully reach in the remains for the Paingiver - who knows what sort of toxic liquid makes these monsters tick? :P  Ahhh, a new melee weapon to master, and a pretty alien and weird one as well; an interesting task and good exercise of mind and body for any warrior. Sukuzu likes new stuff that can slash things and creatures in many different wayz. Then me and my newly acquired weapon move S E E E E E E (swiftly jumping over running pass Wubula and Wawa in an acrobatic 360 manner) to inspect the next corpse and see what we can find there...*?*

OOC: shouldn't I be one step closer to the left corridor (E)? I've got MOV 6, and it appears I used only 5 when I role played Sukuzu runnin for the rest of his MOV/APs.

OOC: Whoops yeah, I'll edit that in tomorrow. In the meantime, you could edit your new post into your previous post and delete your current one to make things less messy. I'll delete this when I've corrected my mistake.

Done  ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 07, 2009, 07:52:28 pm
Deprived of the opportunity to loot, a dejected-looking Wawa moves N-N and looks at the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 07, 2009, 08:20:23 pm
Wukuzu has picked up not only the strange appliance known as a Paingiver (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677), but also a fearsome barbed spike (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56678#msg56678) that the Ilwrath carried holstered on his back. A cursory examination shows that this is what passes for ammunition for the Paingiver. The weapon functions by some unknown hydraulic means, flinging the barbed spike forward with fearsome power. Being hit by one of these must be excruciating, as well as potentially fatal.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/124vnh5.png)

OOC: So Sukuzu has a secondary weapon with one shot, I'll post the stats soon. It's loaded with one spike, and has a second one for next time. I changed Sukuzus pattern since you need to be present on a square to loot the body. If you should ever encounter chest and such, being in the square next to it will suffice, but for bodies you need to trample through that blood. That means you didn't actually back flip over anyone though.

Okay, turn 2 is over and I'll update the stats.

Wubulu + 1XP. Sukuzu now has a secondary weapon, Paingiver (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677). Switching out of battle costs no AP, but once you're in battle switching your main weapon costs one AP.

You're clear for turn 3, I'll update that tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 07, 2009, 09:57:01 pm
Wawa will move E-E-E, approaching the Ilwrath, and indicates mentally to Suzuku that it would appreciate examining the proceeds of the looting.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 07, 2009, 10:25:13 pm
Switching out of battle costs no AP, but once you're in battle switching your main weapon costs one AP.
"Out of battle" means no enemies visible?

So now what do we do? Shall we see what's around the corner to the east, or shall we split up, one group to the east, one to the west, or we could open the door right now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 07, 2009, 10:34:14 pm
OOC: I think that the corner is a safer variant, we could just sneak peak and run back if something nasty is out there (2, 3 or more Ilwraths). That door seem somewhat sinister to me...like that they are just waiting for us to open them  :P but I will agree  to go through if the rest of the team concurs with that. My vote is for the corner.

IC: Sukuzu will be happy to share any or all of the items that he finds with his good comrade Wawa...if they are shareable of course *sniff sniff* ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 07, 2009, 10:49:37 pm
OOC: The mission description did say "get in, locate the scientists notes, and get out again", not "take out the Ilwrath temple". Still, we wouldn't want any Ilwrath noticing those bodies while we are in the building and cutting off our way back out. (If they don't already know we're there from the gunshots.)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 07, 2009, 11:12:32 pm
OCC: I'm totally fine with the "get in, steal the stuff, bail out" line as the primary objective of our mission. I'm just saying that the door are the most obvious way, but not necessarily the RIGHT way. They just wait for someone to open them. And GM is probably expecting from us to do just that. Think about it for a second.

IC: *scratches his back*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 08, 2009, 02:13:46 pm
OOC: Well, I doubt the area around the corner of the building is heavily guarded, if at all. Checking it might allow us to gain extra XP if there are enemies there, though. That being said, it's going to take a lot of moves to get there and back again, so maybe Luki can let us make two or three turns at once just now?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 08, 2009, 02:28:04 pm
I won't be able to update until late this  evening or tomorrow. If you want to, you can all post several turns, and I'll execute them until something unexpected happens.  Then we can delete the superflous turns.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 08, 2009, 03:57:12 pm
OOC: well I can run down the hallway at my full AP and exactly place Sukuzu one step into the eastern hallway and do the recon...it would save us some time. If there's something of interest there then we could speed up 3 or more turns so the whole team can reach that position (as Yetiers suggested). I am a scout after all  ;) so...

IC: Understanding the Wawas wishes through the mental uplink that was established between the two, Sukuzu chooses to forgo the looting of the second corpse, happy with his new toy that he found in the first one. After that he chooses to scout forward and moves E E E E E E E as silently and carefully as possible, trying to make no noise at all. When he reaches the beginning of the eastern hallway he looks down to the end of it as stealthily and cautiously as he can. He sees...*?*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 08, 2009, 05:21:27 pm
Peering around the corner, Sukuzu realises that this planet may not be barren after all. A beautiful flower is growing in the middle of the courtyard, it's strong colours suddenly making this ashen hellhole seem a little bit less hostile. Behind the flower the temple walls appear to have caved in. You can see a brief glimpse of the arid dry soil outside, reminding you of your trek towards the temple. Apparently even in this still place wear and tear happens, and the Ilwrath probably aren't the best caretakers.

The flower glistens invitingly, it's petal moist from nectar juices. Because of your breathing gear, you can't really smel it, but it probably smells wonderful as well. You find yourself wondering what kind of pollinating animal may exist out here, and whether encountering it would be a good idea.


Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/9rnmzn.png)

OOC: Wubula and Bach left for this turn. If you want to organise yourself around the door or go around the other side or whatever feel free to post several concurrent turns as Bach suggested. I'll process them up until the next discovery, whatever it might be. I'll try to do one more update tonight, but if not then tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 08, 2009, 05:25:47 pm
Wubula wobbles W W W W. And then W W W W and W W W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 08, 2009, 05:38:50 pm
Wawa paces E-E-E and searches the body.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 08, 2009, 06:02:54 pm
Bach knelt in front the large temple door, and began to pray, presumably attempting to exorcise the evil spirits that dwelt within the unholy structure.

Summary: W W N N


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 09, 2009, 12:47:42 am
IC: What is a nice thing as that doing in a desolate place like this??? Ehh...it reminds me of the vast meadows of my beloved homeworld Kyabetsu, its beautiful flora, the freedom of the open skies and never ending runs in the open with my pack and my fellow warrior-mates...so unlike that infinite and dark void called "TrueSpace"...*shrugs* If only I could sniff it and use it to mark my terr...ups...khm khm khm. Heh. Yesss. Right.  ;D Sukuzu restrains his primordial instincts and swiftly runs N N N N N E down the corridor with the same caution as before, and collects the wonderful flower. After that he examines the cave in. O.O


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 09, 2009, 04:07:49 pm
Expecting the unnatural calm to broken at any moment, the warriors move swiftly. Wawa rifles through the dead Ilwrath's belongings and finds another Paingiver and an extra spike. Wubula and Mr Bach move towards potential entry points, steeling themselves for the battle ahead.

And Sukuzu... pauses to pick a flower (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56723#msg56723). As he removes it from the soil, his finely tuned hearing detects something. It isn't a sound, but rather the cessation of one. The flower was alive and emitting some sort of odd high pitched noise. It isn't anymore. As he wtaches befuddled, the colours drain from it's petal, and the stem shrivels and dries. Realizing that he has killed the one beautiful thing this planet has offered so far, Sukuzus heart is heavy.

The rockfall is dense and unpassable. There seems to be a humming noise emanating from it now, which certainly couldn't be heard just a moment ago. The sound is vaguely familiar, and oddly threatening.


Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/pq4x3.png)

OOC: Okay, Wubula has moved two turns, before she gets to the corner the three others need to post one more turn. And Sukuzu has a flower (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56723#msg56723).

EDIT: After discussing thsi in the rules thread some new changes:

Arilou now has several new powers.
Old Arilou powers upgraded (Mayhem, Blast and Stun)
Syreen gets one new power
Pretty bauble recharges three powers
Using all powers gives 2 XP to Arilou
Everyone gets + 1 HP

New XP limits for Syreen (6XP), Human&Shofixti (7XP).

This should make the game fairer to power players, and more balanced all around. Since Mayhem has been used and now rightfully should have killed an Ilwrath I'm giving Wawa 1 XP, but Wubulu keeps hers as well.

Hopefully this will make your experience more enjoyable! Go forth bravely.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 09, 2009, 07:23:03 pm
I'm passing this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 09, 2009, 07:26:44 pm
Noted. That leaves two moves before Wubula is back on.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 09, 2009, 08:10:26 pm
And Sukuzu... pauses to pick a flower (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56723#msg56723). As he snaps the stem, his finely tuned hearing detects something. It isn't a sound, but rather the cessation of one. The flower was alive and emitting some sort of odd high pitched noise. It isn't anymore. As he wtaches befuddled, the colours drain from it's petal, and the stem shrivels and dries.
OOC: Great... you killed a Supox...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 09, 2009, 08:22:17 pm
OOC: Psychic Scan the area behind the rockfall or not?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 09, 2009, 08:34:30 pm
OOC: I say "not". It won't influence what we do now anyhow; we can't use it for a tactical advantage. In front of the door would be a better place, but I suspect we'll have more use of it later. Especially as the enemies will probably be harder furtheron.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 09, 2009, 08:36:41 pm
In that case, Wawa shall stalk W-W-W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 09, 2009, 09:03:58 pm
Carrying his newfound loot, and suddenly feeling much more certain of his own psychic prowess, Wawa heads west.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/2hnp2qq.png)

OOC: Ok, once the marsupial has moved we get to see what's behind the corner! Looks like that won't be until tomorrow though.

EDIT: Updated Psychic Radar (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56548#msg56548) to make it easier to see what kind of an area it affects.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 10, 2009, 12:55:27 am
And Sukuzu... pauses to pick a flower (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56723#msg56723).

OCC: Whoa wait there for a second. I didn't say I picked a flower in a brutal manner - like ripping it from the ground and severing the root or other parts of the plant; I sad collected. CAREFULLY collected. With the root and the ground around it intact. But if the damage is already done, and cannot be undone, I will change my IC statement into carefully picked.  ::)

OOC: Great... you killed a Supox...

OCC: Maybe. But to find a Supox this deep in Ilwrath space? Don't think so. Their sphere of influence is on the other side of the quadrant so I sincerely doubt that this was a sentient plant ;) Furthermore, we are in the original SC timeline not UQM, so technically Supox are yet to be discovered by the alliance/hierarchy races. And I was just role playing a Shofixti - which marsupial (meta or regular) could restrain itself from acquiring such an beautiful blossom? ;D

ICC: Sukuzu smells the flower, slowly inhaling its powerful odor. Suddenly his keen senses tingle awkwardly, in response to the now silent surroundings. He didn't notice the sound that was echoing in the background at first, but now when it was gone he was clearly disturbed and wary pausing for a moment with his ears upright and his snout high in the air. Not knowing what was the meaning of this strange noise (a living alert beacon perhaps?) he meticulously stores the flower in his backpack into the capsule for conservation of organic and biological specimens. Seeing that the cave in is impenetrable without the help of some heavy-duty explosives, he swiftly runs S S S S W W to catch up on Wawa, hoping that he with his mental powers could help the team to understand the nature of the strange veggie better.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 10, 2009, 03:02:26 pm
As Sukuzu heads towards his comrade, the rubble behind him continues to buzz, a low monotonous sound. Nothing else seems to happen though.

As Wubula rounds the corner, she encounters an Ilwrath. The creature has clearly been expecting her, sounds from the previous fights must have alerted it. However, as it has apparently been charged with guarding a door it has not joined the fight earlier. Small wonder, breaking orders in Ilwrath society is usually punished in inventive way. Nevertheless, now that it has an enemy, it quickly lets off a shot from it's fierce Paingiver. The spike penetrates Wubulas shoulder and causes grievous pain and temporarily stunning her.

Through the haze of pain Wubula notices a few things. There is a door in the outer wall here, and behind the Ilwrath there seems to be some sort of sing on the wall. Further onward, another rockfall blocks the path.


Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/1scv2e.png)

OOC: Ilwrath sentry is allowed to use one AP immediately, the other one is reserved for his own turn. His manages to succesful strikes. Wubula fails one parry and loses an HP and the other one causes stun, i.e no HP loss but loss of one AP in her next turn. Since Wubula was in the middle of her turn she instead loses her remaining AP this turn, and thus she can't perform any more actions. Once the other three have moved, the Ilwrath gets to use his final AP and then we're in a new turn.

Also edited the previous text to have the Shofixti delicately pick the flower. end results are still the same, removing it from the soil causes it to dry up a bit and the noise stops.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 10, 2009, 04:25:49 pm
Summary: W W W W

Bach's concentration was disrupted by loud noises from around the corner. "The succubus has run into yet more of these spider-demons", he thought as he raced toward Wubula (fully expecting that he would arrive too late to make any difference).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 10, 2009, 05:28:43 pm
Mr Bach moves with a purpose. What it is remains to be seen.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/zjv1hd.png)

OOC: Sukuzu and Wawa up next.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 10, 2009, 06:24:46 pm
IC: Seeing Wubula being hit, and not knowing how many enemies there might be around the corner, Sukuzu starts to growl and runs W W W W W S to help the big Syreen, this time fording right through the Ilwrath remains with anger, clean fur or not. *grrrrrrrrraawwwwwrrrrrrg*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 10, 2009, 06:39:37 pm
OOC: Wubulu could use Playback next turn, and let the Ilwrath enter the door to do a bit of scouting. What do you think?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 10, 2009, 06:47:36 pm
Sukuzu charges forward. The hard gravel of the courtyard bites into his feet as he runs. Will he reach his allies in time for battle? And what of the odd noises he is leaving behind? Only time will tell.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/1rxaj5.png)

OOC: Ok, so When Dabir has posted we get some more action. Forgot to add grey in the last map updating now. It's a fog of war, meaning you can't see what happens there since you have no visual contact.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 10, 2009, 07:25:03 pm
OOC: Wubulu could use Playback next turn, and let the Ilwrath enter the door to do a bit of scouting. What do you think?


OOC: I don't see what use that would be, besides telling us whether the opposition is stronger through that entrance or the main one (though I suppose it's quite likely that the opposition is lighter through the secondary entrance) -- and even knowing that isn't very useful, as I'd slaughter everybody within the installation for extra XP. Of course, if there are other Ilwrath in the first chamber, this sentry might very well kill one of them and then get killed as well, thus getting rid of two enemies at once, but if that's our only motivation for using Playback then we can very well just wait to enter the building before using it on one of the guard within.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 10, 2009, 11:07:31 pm
OOC: Well, we'd know what we were getting into and adjust our tactics accordingly. Perhaps it would be beneficial to enter the building from two doors at once. I think this is the sort of thing what Playback is good for, whether we use it now, or save it for later.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 11, 2009, 01:00:07 am
OCC:We don't know if that door lead in the same room as the big temple door in the main hallway. What if it's just some storage room 6 squares big and we just wasted a potentially powerful enemy-counter for nothing?  :P we're going to off this spider anyway so meep-eep could just fall back and wait for the rest of the team - it may even lure the Ilwrath to follow her and jump right in front of our gunz and get squished with an "ups" look on his face. And am I the only one who's noticing that thing on the wall behind the Ilwrath? What is that? A switch? Mailbox? Ashtray? And isn't there another door 3 squares across on the other wall? Hmmm.

IC: Sukuzu runs W W W W W W hastily on all 4s to gain some acceleration while sloshing a bit more with his paws through the second corpse on his way to the western corridor. More angry growling.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 11, 2009, 10:11:27 am
Fleet Feet time.
IC:Compelled by the urgency and the distance to tap into his mental reserves once more, Wawa empowered his own legs with a sprintin' edge and moved W-W-W-W-W-W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 11, 2009, 11:38:33 am
Wawa sprints to the rescue, but cannot get there in time.

Excited by it's success, the Ilwrath smoothly reloads it's weapons and fires once more. The sight of blood seems to have excited the creature too much though, as the spike sails harmlessly past Wubula.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/52dvkw.png)

OOC:

Ilwrath fires his weapon and stunningly rolls two misses, which is lucky since Wubula wouldn't have been able to parry anyhow. Wawa uses one AP to cast fleet feet, and can thus only move three steps this turn.  A new turn has started, so this and the following turn he can move 6 steps. First post moves first.

EDIT: Looking back over the turns it looks like at least the Arilou and possibly the Shofixti have moved out of turn once. Sorry about that,  the multiple turn posting must have confused me. I'll do better from now on. Anyhow, at the start of turn 6 I am now waiting for everyone's moves.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 11, 2009, 12:34:58 pm
Summary: W W W W

Bach suppressed the blasphemous thought that it would've been better if he hadn't wasted time to pray in front of the temple door and kept running.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 11, 2009, 05:10:10 pm
Seeing another spike fly from around the corner, Wawa put as much effort as it could into nearing the area, sprinting W-W-W-W-W-W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 11, 2009, 06:09:32 pm
OOC: Once you've all posted I'll update. As a heads up, I'll be leaving on a business trip tomorrow evening and return on Wednesday night. I've also gotten some horrible English cold which makes me yearn for nothing but the sweet embrace of death. Nonetheless, I'll do my best to squeeze in a few updates, but they wont be as common as they've been so far.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 11, 2009, 07:28:38 pm
OOC: I'm going for the Playback. It's hard for a team of four to go to a narrow doorway quickly, so this seems like a good occasion to use a drone.

IC: Wubula takes a step towards the Ilwrath and activates her Playback.

And if that works (can it fail?) she moves two more steps closer to the Ilwrath.



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 12, 2009, 01:13:37 pm
Oh for crying out loud. I didn't notice that Sukuzu had posted before Dabirs final move last round, so I sat around last night waiting for him to post so that I could move you all. And today I won't have the ability to update anything before late evening. Sorry guys

Playback fails as often as regular Syreen Song, so you're guranteed to succeed. If you've time you may as well post the Ilwrath move (although I assume it's just "Open Door" to start with, and I'll move all of you tonight.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 12, 2009, 04:28:35 pm
@Lukipela: By the way, I assume the other Ilwrath won't be shooting the mind-controlled Ilwrath until he attacks first? Can you make controlled victims speak? That might be useful during other missions, although perhaps imbalanced (Hierarchy commander [controlled]: "All troops, evacuate the base!").


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 12, 2009, 06:57:53 pm
OOC: The Ilwrath will be opening the door, yes, to start with. What it does next would depend on what's in there. Can I order it to shoot itself?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 12, 2009, 09:38:52 pm
As the other warriors sprint to the rescue, Wubula once more shows herself the capable warrior. Despite the painful blow inflicted, she easily slips out the playback, and aims it at the Ilwrath.  As the device is given life by her personal touch, it blurts out a sonic wave which amplifies her natural ability a thousand time over. The Ilwrath is stunned, as a pure and high note rings inside it's head. Thoughts of pain and hatred melt away, as it realise that the flabby creature it tried to kill seconds ago is an avatar of truth and beauty. To know such a creature is to worship it, and as the Ilwraths mental defences melt away Wubulas own powers enters it's mind.

As always, many parts of the creatures mind are closed to her. The Syreen have the ability to enchant minds, and with the help of technology they can even bend them to their will. But they cannot own them fully. Somewhere inside, the true nature of the being still resists. Still, some superficial knowledge can be gained, and sometimes that is enough. She will see what the creature sees, and hear what the creature hears, although her understanding will be limited. Vogar (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56786#msg56786) is hers to command. For a while.

The beast under control, Wubula confidently steps closer. As she does, she notes several things of interest. The door in the outer wall is worn and old, barely hanging on it's hinges. Through a hole in the door she can see the wasteland outside. But the wasteland looks different there. There is a path leading away from the door, towards the horizon. It seems well travelled. The Ilwrath mind helpfully supplies that the path is known as "The painful walk of agony and despair in torment" in her language. A typical Ilwrath name.

More interesting is the sign by the door. It is much newer than anything else here, and the heavy script on it is unmistakeably Ur-Quan. As part of your training you have been trained in this script, as most Hierarchy installations are required to use it. It is effectively the Hierarchy's lingua franca. Your intel is correct, this is definitely a Hierarchy installation. But the text itself is the most interesting. It reads "Unholy Sacrifical loading station of Cursed victims". Clearly this temple is not fully abandoned! Somewhere close by are innocent beings that the Ilwrath have collected and are willing to sacrifice!


Task: the Alliance values life. If you free the prisoners and give them a clear route to the wasteland you will each be awarded 1 XP.

Dealing with all these facts, Wubulu has Vogar open the door. Through his eyes she witnesses the normal every day scene inside. His low unholyness Slygar is testing one of the indigenous lifeforms (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57212#msg57212) for worthiness of sacrifice, attended to by two other apprentices. A few creatures have apparently failed the test already, as evidenced by the mess around the room.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/dviis2.png)

OOC: You have a new recruit (for a while), Vogar (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56786#msg56786). You can't order him to shoot himself because he is all out of ammunition, and you can't make him bite himself.

The other Ilwrath do not know he is under control, even though they might just kill him for abandoning his post (especially if he attacks them). Vogar still has one AP left, but no ammo. Once meep moves him I'll move the new enemies you've found. Vogar can speak, but Wubula mostly can't understand his inner being, so she can just suggest that he say something. Speaking will make it fairly clear to the others that he is under some sort of influence, as he'll sound happy, content and dreamy. Not the normal Ilwrath way of speaking.

I'll post the priests stats tomorrow, suffice to say he is more of a close combat enemy so don't get too close before you know what he can do! My connection here at the hotel is patchy at best, so I can't promise an update tomorrow, but if it works you'll get one.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 12, 2009, 10:37:27 pm
IC: Sukuzu continues his sprint, running W W W W W W , his mind attuned to a single thought...gotta get there on time, gotta get there on time, gotta get there on time...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 12, 2009, 10:49:52 pm
OOC:
Well, that's interesting.
Lukipela: Can that Ilwrath in the top left corner see Wubula?
Team members: What shall we do? Some ideas:
  • Close the door again, and attack later, from three sides perhaps. But the Spathi may be dead by then. Maybe we could get there from the bottom door without being seen right now, though. With Wawa's psychic radar we may be able to find that out.
  • Try to let Vogar lure the others out
  • Close the door, kill Vogar, wait until we're all there, then storm in, perhaps throwing a gas granade.
  • Let Vogar attack one of the Ilwrath with his clacking mandables, maybe closing the door first.
  • Give Vogar some ammo and let it attack with that.



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 13, 2009, 12:09:33 am
OOC: Personally I'd like to see what the priest can do in battle, but alerting the Ilwrath like that might not be a good idea strategically. With just one step right I could scan that entire bottom corridor including the leftmost square of the door but that still leaves a good margin for ambush.

That said, here's a possible plan of attack, with diagrams for easy reference:
Vogar shuts the door again and gets shot by one of us.
We arrange ourselves in this way, I use Pretty Bauble, recharging and using Fleet Feet again.
(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/dabir/start.png)
Next turn Suzuku throws open the door and rushes like this, putting himself in a position to melee the Ilwrath.
(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/dabir/step1.png)
I sprint in under the influence of Fleet Feet and catch up to the priest.
(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/dabir/step2.png)
Wubula charges in and Confuses the priest, moving to the square indicated if doing that and Confusion is possible, the square below if not.
(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m10/dabir/step3.png)
And if it is possible to do that then that leaves Mr. Bach open to move in as far as he likes and open fire through the door!

Next turn I'd catch up with that priest if it moved and use Psychic Blast, then I suppose we'd have to react to however else the situation changed. Of course, if you feel more use could be got out of Vogar then go for it.

And I'm pretty sure that's not a Spathi.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 13, 2009, 03:28:06 am
OCC:That's a nice battle plan you've laid out there Dabir! I'm all up for storming the house but we don't know how the priests may react - what if they kill the sacrificial slaves first, and then turn on us? And if we charge in they'll get at least 2 or 3 (if not more) free shots at us :p I vote for luring them out (meeps point #2). So I give you:

                                                                 ~*~*~*~OPERAZION: GUNZ BLAZING FROM DIZGUIZE~*~*~*~

1 Wubula uses Vogar to call his comrades out  ("...quickly now most unholy of the priests. The Ur-Quans, our Lords, have a matter of great importance to discuss with you considering some of your actions during your stay in this installation. Leave the slaves for later, our Lords are quite anxious, as usual. They await your Unholiness in the main hallway. *bows to the ground* ")

2 Wubula then steps back, we make a formation, and when the priests are out we leave Vogar by the door again (less suspicion, prevents re-entry in the room).

3 As soon as those fat spiders come one square away from the corner it's *dancing!* (so they don't get one free shot at us); at that time I believe the playback will wear off, and situation at the moment should look something like:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/2e0obj4.png)

I positioned us like this, a bit further from the edge, just to be sure that we by no means fall into their line of sight and blow our cover up.

4 No matter how the Ilwrath are placed we jump out - I run to the wall, Mr. Bach makes one step into the hallway, Wubula 3 and Wawa 2; Bach moves one step so the Ilwrath cannot reach Wubula without me, Yetiers and meep getting1 free attack each if they try to go for the Syreen/Arilou; Wubula and Wawa are in the rear, first one because she's wounded and the latter because he has the least HP (and like this we're covering them - not just with weapons but with our bodies also as friendly fire targets). Battlefield before the storm:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2yn2eki.png)

5  As initiators of combat we fire a barrage at them at full auto while Wawa supports us with his kick-ass powers to his liking. I shred through the closest enemies, Bach and Wubula off them with gunshots, more of Wawas psionic madness. They'll never know what hit them.

6 And this should be the end result:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2mm7cb6.jpg)

7 Task completed, +1 XP all. Good job team   8)

Also a bit of a gambit, but I like it.

OOC: You have a new recruit (for a while), Vogar (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56786#msg56786).

Using the original names from UQM, nice touch, builds up the atmosphere  ;) although I think Slygar is in fact Slygor, but this is just trivia.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Shiver on January 13, 2009, 05:21:27 am
I was expecting someone to crap out seeing as how Lukipela assigned characters on a "first come, first serve" basis, but it looks to me like the four people playing are checking up on this game regularly. Props.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 13, 2009, 08:52:42 am
Son_of_Antares' plan relies on the Ilwrath all coming out. I doubt that they would do that. Lukipela said that an Ilwrath under the influence of the Playback will be able to speak, but not believably. And the apprentice won't be able to order the priest around.

Also, the Ilwrath have the Spathi there for a religious ceremony. They're not going to just kill them unless they have to. Maybe if they feel that the Spathi become a threat, which is unlikely, though it may happen if we all show up at once.
Maybe "Ooh, there's much better pray, let's get rid of these Spathi."


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 13, 2009, 02:41:16 pm
I propose we don't move Vogar this turn, instead taking the time to bring Bach, Wawa and Sukuzu closer to the door. This way we can take advantage of the full set of 2 AP from Vogar next turn, as well as improving our positioning (yes, Vogar will only have that turn left under control, but once he attacks he's probably going to keep fighting the other Ilwrath anyway, as he'll be attacked).

Sukuzu will be close enough to give a spike to Vogar (I hope taking doesn't cost AP, only giving) (IMPORTANT: Neither Bach, nor Wubula or Wawa should occupy the position south of Vogar, as Sukuzu needs to be there before giving the spike), then Vogar can move E E, melee the Ilwrath east of him, then fire at the Ilwrath north of him.

Then we regroup close to the door, and if the Ilwrath don't come out we barge in (we'll work out the details at that time).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 13, 2009, 04:33:40 pm
OCC: I still think that it's better to deal with the enemies outside, away from the "hostages", on a terrain that we already know where we can properly ambush+surprise attack them, than in a room that has everything working in their favor - extra attacks, 1 AP at all times, with MOV 6 2 of them can slip through 2 other doors in that chamber and alert God knows what/how many guards and we don't even know the priests stats/abilities yet :p Don't get me wrong: I'm  just being cautious; no use from us if we get turned to pasta.

But considering that this is the very beginning of the mission and that this is our 1st task (read easy task), if everybody else is for storming, I'll concur.

Lukipela said that an Ilwrath under the influence of the Playback will be able to speak, but not believably. And the apprentice won't be able to order the priest around.

He can tell them in a usual submissive tone that they are needed by the "guys upstairs". And if they ask him why the hell is he so happy and cheerful he can say that an Umagh used laughing gas/happiness ray on him for a prank. It might work.  :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 13, 2009, 06:00:52 pm
Sukuzu will be close enough to give a spike to Vogar (I hope taking doesn't cost AP, only giving)
Mandible-to-mandible combat is good for 3 strikes, while the spike is only good for 2. If we're going to delay one turn, we might as well spend it to move Vogar next to another Ilwrath, the priest perhaps.

OCC: I still think that it's better to deal with the enemies outside, away from the "hostages", on a terrain that we already know where we can properly ambush+surprise attack them, than in a room that has everything working in their favor - extra attacks, 1 AP at all times, with MOV 6 2 of them can slip through 2 other doors in that chamber and alert God knows what/how many guards and we don't even know the priests stats/abilities yet :p Don't get me wrong: I'm  just being cautious; no use from us if we get turned to pasta.
Yes, it would be better to take them on outside. But I don't think that the Ilwrath will play along.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 13, 2009, 06:02:23 pm
If Vogar moves, Lukipela hinted that there's a chance he might be shot at.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 13, 2009, 06:21:11 pm
So...are we going for the Dabirs plan, or we're gonna elaborate this a bit more? Because its definitely stormin' now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 13, 2009, 07:05:23 pm
OOC: None of the Ilwrath can see outside the room. i realised this rule isn't terribly clear, so have a pciture. I'll update vision rules at some stage. essentially if you are standing in a doorway you can see everything inside, outside of a room. If not, you can only see in a direct line or not at all.

Example:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2s13cx4.png)

I've also updated the Ilwrath Priest  (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56811#msg56811)for you, and I'll try to keep in mind that Sukuzu has already posted his move for the next turn (although it is now on another page). If I seem to be waiting for him, remind me.

As for your discussions. I don't want to weigh in too much, but keep a few things in mind. Vogar didn't even leave his post when he heard gunfire, so his orders are probably pretty strict. His been seen by one of his fellow apprentices, which makes the rest aware of him as well. Even if he closes the door, someone is probably going to come ask him why he isn't guarding quietly, probably with the intent of metering out punishment.

Notice that the description of the room is quite brief? That's because your seeing it through Ilwrath eyes. He knows where those doors go and what they look like, so he hardly notices details that might be of use to you. But on the other hand, Vogar knows what the priest is carrying and what he is capable of, so you won't have to test out his weapon by walking in front of it.

Also, they aren't Spathi guys. Although I can see the resemblance these are just innocent civilians. Regarding Slygar I'm trying to expand the namespace a little with some new but similar name, so that we don't run out. Or I misspelled it. But I doubt that, I hardly ever make mistakes ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 13, 2009, 07:41:21 pm
Well, if one of the other Ilwrath comes to ask Vogar why he isn't doing his job properly, I expect it'll take him one turn to do so, so this will only help us (bringing the enemy closer). I think.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 13, 2009, 08:09:05 pm
Slight revision to old plan: Vogar moves one square into the room before shutting the door, the bottom Ilwrath moving left to hit him or the top-left one moving down to deal with him won't affect the plan much and if he survives we can still tell him to budge over next turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 13, 2009, 11:44:49 pm
What if Vogar just moves up? That would look like leaving his post, and might draw one or two of the other Ilwrath out. We might even start firing at Vogar when he's out of the other Ilwrath's sight.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 14, 2009, 02:17:56 pm
If we do that, when an Ilwrath steps outside (into the square now occupied by Vogar), he's going to notice us and either:
(a)If he doesn't realize that Vogar is under compulsion (believing for example that he's fleeing), he will attack us (we're the bigger threat) and possibly wound Wubula.
(b)If he does realize, he will probably attack Vogar, although he has a low chance (slightly better than 25%) of killing him in one attack.

This isn't a big deal at all, and they'll probably send only one apprentice to apprehend Vogar, and Vogar has a good chance to kill him, and when those inside see him killed, they're going to send "reinforcements" to attack him, thus exposing themselves to our fire. So it sounds like you have a good idea, go for it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 14, 2009, 05:27:29 pm
Keep in mind that in accordance with the vision diagram I posted, any Ilwrath standing in the doorway inside the room will also notice you, he has a vision field corresponding to the human in that picture.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 14, 2009, 06:02:12 pm
Ok, time to get something done. This probably won't be the most efficient, but it should do no harm either. Vogar moves E E N, indicating non-verbally that he has to use the little Ilwrath's room. (It should give us a little bit of time, and with a bit of luck he can do a bit of damage next turn, perhaps to the priest.)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 14, 2009, 07:50:57 pm
Compelled by the beautiful voice inside his head, Vogar moved further into the room.  As he moved past the cell door he could hear weak whimpers from the potential victims inside, but they mattered little to him. Only the true beauty mattered.The priest and apprentices looked at him, a mixture of confusion and anger in their faces. They swiftly surrounded him, as the sacrificial victims scampered out of reach. Wubula could not understand the words the priest was using, but it was clear that he was was asking Vogar what he thought he was up to. The situation was tense, and the threat of violence hung in the air, but no one moved... Yet.

Outside, Sukuzu continued his sprint.


Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/29yjqx1.png)

OOC: Sukuzu posted his turn quite a while back, now the rest of you can move. The Ilwrath don't have any action points stored, they simply did not use some fo them. They are trying to quizz Vogar on what he is dooing.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 14, 2009, 07:58:21 pm
OCC: Guyz, our cover is almost blown...and when Vogar "wakes up" will be in trouble  :P if we don't do something soon we can as well "leroy jenkins"-up the whole place.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 14, 2009, 08:21:11 pm
OK, last turn of Fleet Feet... W-W-W-W-N-W
Wawa's realisation that once again it would be too late to help did not slow its charged-up pace, and it came to a stop behind Wubula, eyeing up the open door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 16, 2009, 07:11:01 pm
Are we moving already? I'm stuck waiting for Wubula to let me take her square...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 16, 2009, 07:19:52 pm
Crickets would chirp if there were any on this planet.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/e7mfyr.png)

OOC: Yeah, i's just you, Wubula and Vogar left. Meep?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 16, 2009, 07:34:13 pm
Ok, Wubula goes W W. What do we want to do with Vogar?
 


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 16, 2009, 07:54:16 pm
Wubula gets cracking.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/dpbn1u.png)

OOC: Also corrected Wawas turn, missed a step.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 16, 2009, 11:56:12 pm
OCC: We have 2 options now as I see it:

1 Attack the flamethrower wielding spider priest in melee right away (hopefully provoking him to attack and fry all of the apprentices). No matter what are the results of combat we storm the place, priest being the preferable target for the first blood.

2 Run out singing and dancing hopefully making all of the Ilwrath to come out (or at least one of them) as they try to catch Vogar and interrogate him on the accounts of his displeasing behavior. That's where we kick in...our guns more precisely.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 17, 2009, 09:32:10 am
IC: Bach continued his sprint (W W N N) and finally his eyes rested upon the open door, the sound of clacking mandibles coming from within. There they are.

OOC: I say we should just attack the priest. Running has a very good chance of provoking the Ilwrath into killing Vogar, without him getting a chance of damaging them first, and it's going to be more difficult to fight 3 Ilwrath at once (one of them being a priest with 4 HP).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 17, 2009, 02:11:14 pm
OOC: My thoughts as well.

IC: Wubula compels Vogar to attack the priest.



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 17, 2009, 05:25:12 pm
As Wubula commands, Vogar acts. His former master has angered the flabby goddess, and must now face his wrath. He throws himself forward, mandibles poised to strike. But Slygar is no fool. An apprentice leaving his post can only mean one thing, treachery. As the young Ilwrath lunges Slygar turns so that the bite bounces harmlessly off his side. But Vogar is not without tricks himself. After a quick feint, his second bite connects, and he sinks his mandible into his foe. The bite connects badly though, and not much is achieved.

The other Ilwrath stare awestruck as Vogar attacks the priest. As Slygar prepares to deliver some harsh punishment, a thought strikes him. Are the other apprentices considering treachery as well? No matter, he has survived many a rebellion before, unlike his predecessors.


Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/23kb043.png)

OOC: I assumed you'd use both his AP for attacking since you didn't state anything else. During his first strike Vogar managed one strike, which the priest parried. The second once again managed one strike, but the priest failed his second parry dice. So the priest now has 3 HP, and once Wubula lets me know what she wants to do with the rest of her points I'll update the enemy actions as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 18, 2009, 10:13:53 am
IC: Sukuzu, informed by his teammates about the current situation chooses to move a bit more forward to the enemy W W N N N N N, back flipping over Wawa...he gets ready for battle...SHHLINK!  *claws coming out*  TZZZZ...*pistol battery starting up*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 18, 2009, 12:23:00 pm
Wubula uses the rest of her turn to lick her wounds.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 18, 2009, 03:37:10 pm
Wubula leisurely stays in her place.

Inside, Slygar decides that he must prevent this insurrection from getting any further. He brandishes his flame-thrower, and it's holy fire burns all three apprentices. Both Vogar and the apprentice to his left sustain damage, but neither is killed by the flame. The apprentice to his right seems unhurt by the heat. Holstering the weapon the priest is confident that the other apprentices have learned their lesson, they have been put in their place. His mandibles close around Vogars neck, and with a curt and final snap it is severs his head from his body.

Wubula shudders, as some of the pain transfers back through the psychic link. As life rapidly flees the Ilwrath husk once known as Vogar, a few images are broadcast to her through his failing synapses. The burned apprentice steps closer to the priest and attacks him enraged by his pain. And his fellow sides with the priest and attacks him. The priest sustains injuries, but  does not die. The an image shows the burned apprentice falling to the ground, killed by it's fellow. Then there is no more life in Vogar. A final sensation, of light, warmth and welcoming passes through the connection. A feeling of home. Then the connection goes blank. Vogar is gone


Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/11qprtl.png)

OOC: Priest toasts Vogar with two hits with flame-thrower. Vogar defends agianst one. Northern Ilwrath gets hity once and fails to parry, southern gets hit once and parries.

Northern Ilwrath moves and attacks priest, two hits one parry on first, one hit on second. Southern Ilwrath attacks northern Ilwrath one hit on first attack, and one on second. End result, Vogar and one apprentice dead, one apprentice at full health, priest at 1 HP. You can no logner see what is happening in the room, but no creature had movemnt points left after their attacks

Already moved Sukuzu, so Wawa, Mr. Bach and Wubula left this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 18, 2009, 04:11:03 pm
OOC: Does Wubula get an experience point for the death of Vogar? And is that wall blown up, or are there a few black lines missing in the image?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 18, 2009, 04:50:06 pm
OOC: Technical difficulties with the map, corrected now. Wubula doesn't get a XP for Vogars death, nor would she have gotten XP if he had managed to kill someone.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 18, 2009, 05:14:39 pm
Bach leaps forward, taking position in front of the entrance (N N W). He is too far from the door to see much, but even the little he sees is truly horrifying. As he glances through the door and into the room, his eyes rest upon the horrifying sight of the dead and mutilated prisoners, their entrails splattered across a sinister table. A fitting decorum for a demon lair indeed. It took Bach all the concentration he could muster to avoid charging headlong into the room, to destroy, once and for all, this mockery of all that which is good and pure.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 18, 2009, 08:44:39 pm
Wawa moves N-N-E, disturbed by the horror evident on the face of Mr. Bach and unwilling to look through the portal.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 19, 2009, 06:41:38 am
OC:"Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that."  :D

IC: Giving his best to reach the field of battle in time, at the peak of his run before making a turn, Sukuzu saw a glimpse of fiery terror that engulfed the now dead apprentices. And then - the world around him seemed to stop; in a flash of time to small to be measured his mind pauses for a moment and examines the situation with his inborn gift for tactics. Seeing that most of the enemies are now toast, scattered and wounded he makes a single decision - it is time to strike upon a weaker foe. And as any true warrior he attunes his soul, heart and mind just to that one single thought. He is now ready to fight. Time choose this moment to kick back in. With this strong feeling overwhelming his body to the last cell in one vibrant wave of shadrenaline, he continues his sprint and leaps at the enemy, Ilwrath Priest being his target of choice. May Daikon help them now...its shredding time *SHTLUNK*

summary: moves N W W W W and makes 1 melee attack with paws of fury - 1 AP- against spider cleric


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 19, 2009, 06:23:32 pm
Mr Bach and Wawa take up their positions, and pause to wait for Wubula.

Map

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2ed2smo.png)

OOC: Mr Bach has a step left, I assume he isn't going to use it? Sukuzu is really eager and attempts to move out of turn again. Keep in midn that you're seeing the images of where the enemy was last. During their next turn they might well move, making Sukuzu rush into oblivion. That shouldn't be a problem though, as the game will probably pause once you can see the room again. We're waiting for Wubula, and then I'll move the enemies before the next round starts.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 19, 2009, 06:54:10 pm
Wubula moves N N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 19, 2009, 07:20:48 pm
OOC: Sorry for the rush, I'm a bit hasty I guess  :P As for my moves: do I get then to review my turn once I'm on the doorstep, or I'll just be aware of the upcoming oblivion (with my turn unfolding as I posted) before it oblivions me with its obliviotating powers and sends me back to my obliviniation in the oblivion?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 19, 2009, 07:59:31 pm
OOC:Like I said, I pause the game any time something unexpected happens, i.e when a new area is discovered, or an enemy appears. So you'll just make it to the door before I pause, and then it's first post first move again. That'll have to wiat until tomorrow though, sorry guys :(


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 20, 2009, 04:15:28 pm
As our heroes take up positions outside the denizens of the room do not remain inactive. The apprentice walks towards the door, only to spot Mr. Bach. With a fierce snarl he runs towards the brave warrior, only to pause at the door when he discovers that Bach is not alone. He hisses something, and discharges his weapon. The spike hits Mr. Bachs side, ripping up a painful wound. From inside the room you can hear the priest moving. Is he moving towards you? Or is he fleeing? You will have to act quickly to find out.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/win3uh.png)

OOC: Since something unexpected happened before Sukuzu could even start to move, I'm ignoring his last turn and declaring this turn free for all, first post gets to kill the spider first. Also, if you have no intention of using all your AP/movement, mention it in the OOC so that I don't accidentally start a new turn while you're manoeuvring.

Oh, spider fired one spike and got one strike, Bach failed to aprry.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 20, 2009, 04:38:06 pm
OOC: There are a few problems with your map, such as Vogar still being listed in the box on the right, Bach's HP being 6 instead of 5/6, and the priest still being visible although you said he's just moved.

IC: The horrific landscape ahead had distracted Bach for a moment, and he failed to dodge the incoming spike. Nevertheless, the pain did not stop him from firing at the spider-demon.
Summary: Attack Ilwrath with Automatic Rifle (2 AP)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 20, 2009, 05:01:16 pm
Vogar died as one of your players, so he stays on the list. I forgot the HP though, I'll fix it staright away. Also, in regards to the priest I can see that I haven't made myself quite clear. When the fog of war appears, I'll leave the objects where they were until you visit that space again. It's their last known position. When Bach looked into the room, the alien disappeared from the map because it is no longer there. Sorry for the confusion, I'm updating the rules with all this new stuff later this week to make it easier for everyone. Thank you for your patience.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 20, 2009, 05:56:53 pm
Mr Bach lets loose a volley from his weapon, but the Ilwrath is far too quick. Only one bullet graces it, stunning it slightly. Perhaps this is what slows it down, as it fails to dodge the next volley. The creature is ripped apart by Bach's weapon.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2ee96z8.png)

OOC: One his first attack Bach scores one strike, which the Ilwrath manages to convert into a stun. On his second attack, he scores two strikes. with just one parry left, the Ilwrath again manages to convert one hit to a stun. Since stuns are not cumulative, this second one counts as a hit, killing the creature.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 20, 2009, 06:06:37 pm
OCC: replays the last posted turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 20, 2009, 06:20:32 pm
Sukuzu sets off, eager to settle the score with the foul fiend inside. As he dashes towards the door, the horrifying view stops him dead in his tracks. Butchered aliens lie on the floor, and two live ones cover in a corner. The walls are a covered with a dark red substance, probably dried fluids from these poor innocent creatures. The priest is still, here, but he is moving towards the door. Clearly he intends to alert his confederates. At the far end of the room, a large chest stands, and to Sukuzus right is a closed door. From behind it his astute hearing senses muffled movement.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/10fuvee.png)

OOC: Once more it's a free for all.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 20, 2009, 06:56:41 pm
Wubula moves E E E and loots the corpse.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 20, 2009, 07:18:48 pm
Did I successfully recharge Fleet Feet earlier? If I did, I'll use it and go N-E-E.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 20, 2009, 07:59:41 pm
Could you point me to the post where you do this? I can't seem to find it. Do you otherwise just move three steps?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 20, 2009, 10:56:34 pm
Never mind, I checked back to where I thought I had and I hadn't, I'll use the Pretty Bauble to recharge Fleet Feet and use Fleet Feet.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 21, 2009, 06:46:29 pm
Wubula confidently moves east, and stops to plunder the fallen apprentice. She retrieves a Paingiver (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677), loaded and ready for use. Wawa stares into his pretty bauble, and loses himself in it's beauty. His mind is flooded with serenity, and he feels strengthened. Once more he casts fleet feet, and feels a familiar tingling in his legs. But serenity comes at a price, and the bauble is no longer as pretty.

Map:
(http://i41.tinypic.com/f24o40.png)

OOC: Wawa uses the Bauble (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677), which takes up one AP. Then he cats fleet feet, which uses one AP. So he can't move at all this turn, but for the two following turns he's got fleet feet. Wubula gains a weapon.

So that means we've got Sukuzu left. He's moved two steps, so he has 4 moves (2 AP) left.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 21, 2009, 11:27:34 pm
Moves W N E N and shoots the Paingiver at the fleeing priest. Time to taste your own medicine spider boy.

EDIT: sorry, typo  :P tnx meep


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 22, 2009, 08:38:44 am
OOC: I think you mean E N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 22, 2009, 10:30:02 am
OOC: Which is lucky for him since moving three steps would have made it impossible to swap ranged weapon (1 AP) and fire (1 AP). Update coming this afternoon.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 22, 2009, 10:59:52 am
OOC: Which is lucky for him since moving three steps would have made it impossible to swap ranged weapon (1 AP) and fire (1 AP). Update coming this afternoon.

OCC: I didn't move Sukuzu for 3 steps; originally I posted that my beloved metamarsupial paced W N instead of E N as I firstly intended (damn keyboard  >:( ). I edited the post once more to clear up the confusion (if any).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 22, 2009, 02:31:43 pm
What was the point of shooting with the Paingiver (2 x 1 strikes) as opposed to the Handgun (2 x 2 strikes)?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 22, 2009, 04:47:51 pm
Sukuzu quickly holsters his handgun as he brings out the Paingiver. The odd weapon feels light in his paws, and pushing the trigger it sends the spike flying with virtually no kickback. It hits the priest from behind as he is heading for the door, penetrating his side. this would normally be no killing blow, but weakened as he is from the previous battle, the priest lets out a slow hiss as he sinks to the floor.

The frightened creatures at the other end of the room stare at you, not quite comprehending what has happened and who you are.


Map:
(http://i39.tinypic.com/2128f2e.png)

OOC:
Sukuzu scores a bullseye (the first one!) and kills the priest. His weapon is now empty. There are no enemies around any more, so AP is once again only used for moving and opening doors. New turn, so it's a free for all again!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 22, 2009, 05:37:07 pm
Furious at himself for wasting his reserves, Wawa dashes N-E-E-N-E-N and frantically loots the corpse.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 22, 2009, 06:25:03 pm
OOC: Yay! First XP point, first bullseye; neat  :)

What was the point of shooting with the Paingiver (2 x 1 strikes) as opposed to the Handgun (2 x 2 strikes)?

Wanted to be sure that I'll bring on the pain upon the priest and -1 HP is definitely pain ;D but really, I just felt like using it and it turned out to be a good call.

IC: Amazed how that strange device of alien origin unleashed so much power with almost no effort at all and seeing that there are no more enemies in the vicinity (not taking their steaming carcasses into account), Sukuzu runs E E E E E and loots the remains of the Ilwrath priest, hoping to find a weapon that has even greater destructive potential.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 22, 2009, 06:27:00 pm
OOC: Lukipela said that the "Spathi" aren't actually Spathi, just civilians; I'm going to assume they're Ilwrath.

By the way, I suppose we're going through the north door now? (The documents are probably in that direction, and we can fight the guards in the south room on the way back for more XP, if we want to; the documents are likely to be under heavier guard, so we should go for them while we're still fresh; we might risk being attacked from behind, but we'll see them before they get too near, anyway).

And let's not forget to inspect the locker.

Summary: E E E E
IC: All enemies defeated, Bach enters the room at last. In the corner, two hideous, wretched spider-demons cower; it seems obvious that they failed in their infernal duties, and are now enduring their punishment. Show no mercy, he thought. They are of the Unclean, and so they must be purged.

Just as he was on the verge of aiming at them, Bach suddenly froze, remembering something. I must not do this. I must not jeopardize my position within Corridor Nine. May God forgive me...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 22, 2009, 08:02:37 pm
OOC: We should probably lead the sacrificial creatures out now, whatever they are. Maybe we should open the door for them. Or at least make room. And this room may be a nice place for Wawa to use that Psychic radar. I'd suggest all the way to the east, in the middle vertically.

Wubula moves E N, and unless there's anything other than a paingiver gun there (ammo perhaps), she goes on N N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 24, 2009, 10:28:02 am
OOC: I had forgotten about Sukuzu hearing "muffled movement" from behind the south door. Seems we should prepare for an attack from that direction. By the way, why should Wawa use the Psychic Radar now, and in the square south of the locker (I assume you mean that one)? We still have a long way to go, and I expect that the resistance will intensify as we progress through the installation, therefore making the knowledge of the enemy's positions more useful later on than right now.

And by the way, Luki should best update before the 29th of January or he'll end up disqualified. ;D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 24, 2009, 12:17:45 pm
OOC: Ok, after I get me booty, I'll go to the south door to guard/sneak peak through before more of those dreaded space arachnids shows up.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 24, 2009, 12:31:33 pm
OOC: By the way, why should Wawa use the Psychic Radar now, and in the square south of the locker (I assume you mean that one)? We still have a long way to go, and I expect that the resistance will intensify as we progress through the installation, therefore making the knowledge of the enemy's positions more useful later on than right now.
OOC: We're surrounded on all sides by unexplored territory now, so we'd make good use of that Psychic radar here.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 24, 2009, 01:04:48 pm
Given wings by fleet feet, Dabir rushes over to the charred and battered body of the apprentice. Rifling through the battered remains he finds what seems to be the standard equipment of Ilwrath apprentices, a Paingiver (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677) and a spare Spike (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56678#msg56678). The spike is a useful plus, more ammo for the Paingiver he already carries. But he hasn't got place for another weapon, and try as he might he can't figure out how to unload the gun. Clearly it was never designed for that. Sukuzu runs forward to loot the Ilwrath priest, finding a Fleshroaster (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56812#msg56812). Unfortunately a third weapon is too much for him to carry, and the Fleshroaster seems to be a bit too heavy for him anyhow, so he leaves it be. The Fleshroaster is connected to a gas tank, but disconnecting that seems risky.

Yetiers moves further into the room. The door to his north seems sturdier than the others, and there is sounds of movements coming from behind it. Someone has clearly become agitated by the sounds of battle. Wubula casually strolls through Vogar remains, ignoring his empty Paingiver. She then moves north to the body of the small green alien slain, finding nothing of interest on it's body.

The small green aliens are clearly still nervous. They eye you fearfully as they timidly move, paying special attention to the south door all the time. They seem unable to communicate with Mr Bach, and even a bit fearful of him. Perhaps they are picking up his psychic vibrations.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/id50g4.png)

OOC:

The Fleshroaster requires STR 4, so Sukuzu can't pick it up, and he is also already carrying two weapons. I moved the aliens, so you're up again. Checking the items it was listed incorrctly, as was the priests strength. My apologies.

Quote
And by the way, Luki should best update before the 29th of January or he'll end up disqualified.

Since my stated goal is to update at least twice during the week and once during the weekend I only had until Monday to get an update in. You probably won't get another update today (We have guests), but barring any unforeseen events I should be back on track tomorrow.

Also, the small green aliens with one large eye aren't Ilwrath civilians.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 24, 2009, 01:25:57 pm
OOC: So they are small one-eyed green aliens, but not Spathi? I think I get it now.

OK, so we're in danger of being attacked from two sides now. Sukuzu should probably search the locker, then take position in front of the northern door, and I'm going to guard the southern one.

As to the prisoners, maybe Wawa can communicate with them.

Summary: S W (no reserve AP)
IC: Bach realizes that the two prisoners were not spider-demons at all -- indeed, they do not have the slightest resemblance to spiders. He should've paid more attention. Regardless, they are clearly wary of something behind the door, and Bach thinks he can even hear movement from behind it, so he resolves to get ready for anything and deal with the prisoners later.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 24, 2009, 02:08:54 pm
The Fleshroaster requires STR 4, so Sukuzu can't pick it up

Damn it, I was so looking forward to using that weapon, I adore flamethrowers  >:( Ah well, what can you do :P at least Yetiers will be happy.

OK, so we're in danger of being attacked from two sides now. Sukuzu should probably search the locker, then take position in front of the northern door, and I'm going to guard the southern one.

Dude you're the one with muscles here, go get the fleshroaster, it would be a waste if we would leave it behind and you'll be right in the position to guard/inspect northern passageway. Wubula can go for the locker, I'll run for the south exit (because I can reach it and block it in 1 turn with my 6 MOV); Wawa is the most obvious choice for a diplomat (in any situation).

IC: Sukuzu tries as hard as he can to lift and equip the instant barbecue device, but to no avail; somewhere around his fifth attempt he actually manages to lift it but only to drop it on his foot one moment later, the full weight of the roaster nailing his toes to the ground. With a silent scream and a grimace of anger and pain on his face he jumps around holding for his wounded paw. Arrrrrghhh  >:( With his other leg he kicks the damn thing and  jumps southwards (W W W S S E W W W S S W, to check out the suspicious southern door and smell the flower for a bit *sniff sniff ahhh* (eases the pain).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 24, 2009, 02:18:41 pm
OOC: So they are small one-eyed green aliens, but not Spathi? I think I get it now.

Yup. Looking back I should have chosen another image for those aliens (or had Dabir make one), but for some reason I didn't realise they looked like Spathi.

Quote
Damn it, I was so looking forward to using that weapon, I adore flamethrowers  Angry Ah well, what can you do Tongue at least Yetiers will be happy.

Sorry about getting your hopes up. But a guy with your MOV and a extremely deadly close combat weapon would have wreaked a lot of Havoc on the enemy.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 24, 2009, 02:37:41 pm
Son_of_Antares, you mean W W W S S W. Also, you moved in the same square to which I moved, so one of us will have to revise his move. If it's possible for me to take back my move, I'm just going to go N E E E and pick up the Fleshroaster, as SoA suggested.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 24, 2009, 03:40:19 pm
OOC: I'm wondering about these spikes, like how they're affected by being fired. Since the paingiver has room for only 1, and each apprentice carries only 1 spare, might used spikes be reusable?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 24, 2009, 04:24:00 pm
Wubula moves E E S S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 24, 2009, 06:31:42 pm
Son_of_Antares, you mean W W W S S W.

You're right tnx, typo #2, damn keyboard, I'm gonna get a new one this one is way too old and defected  :P  :D I edited my post so it now matches the right coordinates. Is it ok that I go south and you revise your post  and go for the roaster (somehow I managed not to see your move before I posted mine :P )? Sounds a bit more logical to me, but if you disagree, no prob, I'll edit my move.

OOC: I'm wondering about these spikes, like how they're affected by being fired. Since the paingiver has room for only 1, and each apprentice carries only 1 spare, might used spikes be reusable?

Well then we should be able to pull a spare one out of Wubula as well ;D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 24, 2009, 08:50:33 pm
It's OK, son (I'm going to use your name without capitalizing the S because it sounds fun :)), I was just wondering if Lukipela might object. Even though I'll probably not need the roaster right now, it was a silly move on my part to guard the southern door -- its "height" is only two squares, making my ranged weapon slightly impractical.

Quote
Well then we should be able to pull a spare one out of Wubula as well

Heh. Reminds me of Oblivion.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 25, 2009, 11:10:18 am
OOC: Ok then, that's cool with me Yeti, son agrees. Luki? :)

p.s.-arrrgh...Oblivion. Ungh  :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 25, 2009, 12:59:48 pm
Mr Bach moves to pick up the Fleshroaster (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56812#msg56812), a weapon that feels most satisfying in his hands, as Sukuzu quickly darts towards the southern door. Wubula takes up a more tactical position.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2usipom.png)

OOC: The Spikes are of Ilwrath design, and tend to twist and crumple a bit on impact,. Since the launcher is pretty sensitive that means that they can't be reused, they'd stick in the machinery. An interesting question might be where the Ilwrath got this sort of lightweight semi-advanced technology. The Fleshroaster has four shots left.

As long as you change your moves before I make my post I'm fine with it, so I've moved you in accordance with your wishes. I don't see how the game would be any better if I punish you for discussing your strategies and revising your tactics. After I've made a post (or started writing it) I won't change things unless it's for an extremely good reason.

Dabir left this turn, his last with fleet feet. Then I'll move and you.. well you know the drill by now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 26, 2009, 07:08:21 pm
With the curiosity natural to Arilou overpowering all caution, Wawa darts E-E-E-E and makes an attempt to open the enormous chest.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 27, 2009, 06:40:49 pm
Wawa struggles to open the big heavy chest, his Arilou muscles struggling. As the lid slides open, he finds the chest filled to the brim with trinkets. Apparently, this is where the Ilwrath discard the possessions of their victims. There are worn pieces of clothing, stained with various bodily fluids. Countless alien objects, meaningless to Dabir are mixed in with the clothes, as is a large amount of whitened bones. Apparently some parts of their victims were stored here as well.

Just as he is about to discard the contents of the chest, something pulls on his attention. There is some object in there which speaks to him in a way he is not accustomed to. Rifling through the tattered contents, he finds a small amulet. It is decorated with the feathers of some unknown bird, and consists of bones far too alien for him to identify.  But this amulet has an aura of sorts. It glows with some sort of finite psychic energy, a protective spirit. Holding this amulet (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57164#msg57164), Wawa feels as if he is stronger and more able than he would otherwise be.

With renewed vigour he continues his search. The chest yields one more item, much more worrisome than the last. Dirty and battered, it is unmistakeably a Alliance Medikit (http://[url=http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56553#msg56553). You are not the first Alliance members to pass through here. And it seems that whoever came before you perished in a most vile way.

The green creatures move in a scurried, frightened fashion. One positions itself at the door, eagerly looking out towards the courtyard. The other takes up position by the southern door, watching Sukuzu intently. It is clear that the creatures want to leave, but whatever is behind this door has entranced them. Sukuzu feels as if a voice is speaking from far away, words garbled but meaning unmistakable. It is asking for help.


Map

(http://i41.tinypic.com/35hjqxz.png)

OOC: Dabir finds another Medikit and a Protective Charm (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57164#msg57164). The amulet will allow him to roll an extra defence dice during his next free attacks. The ability will only be consumed when it has been necessary to roll three extra dice, i.e if the enemy misses or inflicts one strike which he parries with his normal parry the amulet isn't diminished.

Your turn again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 27, 2009, 07:20:29 pm
OOC: I suppose you've already moved the enemies (if necessary) and we can move now?

Anyway, as for the medikit and the Ilwrath voodoo charm -- Wawa already has a medikit and he might very well not need even that one, and he isn't in the frontlines too often for the charm to be so useful, so maybe he should give these items to either Sukuzu or Bach? He's much closer to Bach right now, so maybe he could, at least temporarily, give the charm to him.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 27, 2009, 07:43:16 pm
OOC:
I'd suggest giving one of the medkits to someone who doesn't have one yet, so that he has it when he needs it.
We should also prevent the non-Spathi from entering the door to the south, and maybe Sukuzu could open the door in the wall to the west. Lukipela: Can a player walk through neutral creatures?
And what to do next... some of us could go back to the front door, so we can attack from two sides. On the other hand, we may not want to wait while more Ilwrath come to investigate. Although it would be easier if they come in through the bottleneck.
At any rate, it probably wouldn't hurt if Sukuzu would just open the door to the south, so we can see what's there.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 27, 2009, 07:55:16 pm
OOC: It depends on the type of neutral creatures. These are small and frightened, so you can move through them.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 27, 2009, 08:00:23 pm
OOC: I see your logic there with the items. If Suzuku or Wubula are going to be opening the south door, I'm thinking that I might radar at the top of the room?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 27, 2009, 08:15:25 pm
OOC: I think it's more useful to use the radar to decide what we should do next. Though there's something to be said for keeping it for later.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 27, 2009, 08:16:32 pm
IC: Answering to the call of the mysterious voice, Sukuzu makes a ninja-like silent attempt to open the southern door and steps even more silently into the room (if the door can be opened).[/i]

summary: opens the door (1 AP?) and moves S

edit: copy that


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 27, 2009, 08:26:43 pm
OOC: I'd wait with the moving until we know what's there. Though I suspect it's more non-Spathi. There may not even be another exit, in which case moving is rather pointless too.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 27, 2009, 09:29:09 pm
IC: Wawa steps S and, still with the enigmatic Arilou smile, offers the medkit to Mr. Bach, keeping the amulet as it enjoys feeling stronger. No longer distracted by nearby toys and trinkets, and the rush that Fleet Feet causes now gone, it *looks* at the civillians, and picks up on some sort of psychic sensitivity. Despite its inner worry, it attempts to calm itself enough to avoid frightening the creatures, and *asks* the one next to the exit - meaning no harm, so relax little friend - whether it would feel safer on the other side of the door or on this side, by first putting forward the idea of the room as it is now, then with the south door opening, trying to gauge the reaction each thought gets.

OOC: Hmm... trying to keep Wawa genderless can lead to some ambiguity.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 27, 2009, 09:42:01 pm
I think Wawa should keep the amulet, if he/she wants to get some XP some time this mission. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 27, 2009, 10:42:36 pm
That's probably a better idea. Noted and post edited.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 28, 2009, 10:38:57 am
I'm waiting for the door to open, so I'm postponing my move for this turn.

EDIT: As for the charm, Wawa's slow (and will thus remain in the back anyway when we're attacking, thus being less probable that he/she will be shot at) and has insta-kill powers against apprentices, as well as Blurry for when the situation gets out of control, so I'd argue he/she doesn't really need the charm. But meh.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 28, 2009, 03:17:01 pm
OCC: Bet you 10RUs that the charm is made out of Pkunk feathers and bones ::) :)

IC: While opening the door Sukuzu takes a moment of his time to look curiously at the space blobs. He wonders about something for a moment (with a smirk on his face) and then he turns to them  with a grimace of anger...he shows his teeth...growls sullenly...jaw full of milk-white razor-sharp flesh carving instruments slid open...he drolls a bit and growls some more...and then his maw turns into a grrrrrrrrr...eat SMILE ;D he giggles at them for a second and then returns to his business. Heh he he, that one never gets old *snurf* :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 28, 2009, 04:58:19 pm
The small green creatures (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57212#msg57212) are intently watching Sukuzu opening the door. As he grimaces at them, they seem worried rather than frightened. They've seem to have decided that your troop isn't a threat at the moment, but the unexpected behaviour clearly unsettles them. As the door swings open, it reveals a darkly lit room filled with aliens. It seems that this was the Ilwrath dungeon. The prisoners inside stare warily at Sukuzu.

Meanwhile, Wawa reaches out to the two creatures he can see. Surprisingly, they instantly grasp what he is doing. His mind is filled with pictures, of the creatures and their long trek through the desert outside. It seems they communicate this way, and they are excited to find others who can understand them. As they begin to tell Wawa of their beautiful home, Sukuzu growls and bares his teeth.

Instantly, the creatures block Wawa from their minds. Almost as quickly, they re-establish contact, but this time it is a different kind of link. It is guarded, and they let slip no more of their origin or intentions. The feeling of elation has also disappeared, to be replaced by wariness. By means of mental pictures, the creatures signal that they would like Sukuzu to get out of the way so that they can begin their journey homewards. A picture of the courtyard door being pushed down by their sheer mass indicates that they will require no further assistance, just safe passage.


Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/15clmd1.png)

OOC: When Sukuzu gets out of the way, this task is complete and XP will be awarded. Mr Bach gets a Medikit. You've all got plenty of movement left (3MOV/1AP for Sukuzu and 2MOV/2AP for Wawa, the others haven't moved yet.) so I'll leave you to it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 28, 2009, 05:20:01 pm
Summary: E N N
IC: The strange green Unclean having been dealt with, Bach prepares for the assault of yet another room. I wish this damned unholy temple was smaller, he thinks, but quickly banishes such blasphemous thoughts from his mind. One must carry one's cross to the bitter end; such is God's will.

OOC: Wubula should probably be the one to open the door (the loss of one AP by her is less significant than the loss of one of Bach's or Sukuzu's APs), and Wawa should be right behind, ready to use Psychic Slap or Psychic Blast in case there's any enemy in his/her direct line of fire.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 28, 2009, 05:26:13 pm
Mr Bach takes up position at the door.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/28us8ew.png)

OOC: Wawa can't fire his powers through an ally, so if you do that Wubula will have to step to the side. Noted on the size of the temple, this level really is kind of big. I'll make a note for mission 2, which should roll around sometime in July :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 28, 2009, 05:46:22 pm
OOC:
I don't think it's a good idea for Wubula, who's already wounded, to open the door and then have no turns left to flee or close the door again. Besides, I'd rather wait until Sukuzu is closer by.
As for the size of the temple, it's not too late to change what we haven't interacted with. (If a tree falls in the forest and there's nobody around to hear it...).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 28, 2009, 05:48:20 pm
OOC: In JULY?!?! Wow. That's a LOT of material...which is in fact awesome because I'm becoming really fond of this gamethread  :D How actually is big mission 1 (in real world time)? Because, taking your predictions in account, I believe you should rename this thread from Mission 1 into Campaign 1 :)

IC: Sukuzu greets the prisoners in Galactic Standard dialect and explains them that they are now FREE. After that he moves aside E E E E E N N to let the frightened greenies pass, and continue up north to the next exit. Of you go, he thinks, you're safe now; home awaits.

EDIT: well I'm also anxious to see Mission 2 ASAP so...done.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 28, 2009, 09:10:59 pm
Wubula moves E N N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 28, 2009, 09:51:41 pm
Sukuzu, why don't you move E N N instead of E E E, you'll get more quickly at the door this way. Also, why don't you already post your next move (probably E E N N if you change your move as I suggested), to save some time so that the mission ends in June instead of July? :P

Quote
I don't think it's a good idea for Wubula, who's already wounded, to open the door and then have no turns left to flee or close the door again. Besides, I'd rather wait until Sukuzu is closer by.

I didn't say we should open the door now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 29, 2009, 05:27:27 pm
As Sukuzu passes the aliens, they look suspiciously at him. Having neither ears nor mouths, spoken language is not their strongest suite. And even if they could hear they would neither understand Sukuzus native language nor the hybrid standard variety now experimented with within the Alliance. They do understand that the other ones have left them  free passage to the desert.

Task complete: The innocents have been freed. All soldiers are rewarded one XP.


Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/dqrc6r.png)

OOC:

Okay, so Wubula&Bach both have 1 MOV left, which I assume they aren't going to use. I moved Sukuzu according to the suggestion in Yetis post, (E N N) since Son's suggestion is both one step too much and takes him through the table (E E N N). Wawa has 2 MOV left. So once Dabir has moved we'll start a new turn. If Yeti/meep want their last movement point they'll have to post before Dabir.

Everyone is awarded 1 XP, well done!

And considering the Alliance is a rag tag band consisting of a few local young species that have banded together only recently, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that there is a galactic standard know by most races.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 29, 2009, 05:29:36 pm
OOC:

Also, I could have sworn I made a post regarding the whole July comment yesterday, but apparently not. We've used 23 days to play this far, so even taking in accordance that I've made some changes from the original, I'd guess we'll be playing for at least another month, if not two. It also depends on what paths you choose.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 29, 2009, 07:07:21 pm
Wawa has been melancholy for a moment, saddened by the lack of trust that this world enjoys that a friendly and open attitude can be shattered by an incautious noise or action. Seeing its teammates moving once more, it comes to its senses and steps W, trying to keep its feet free of the bloated monster's limbs.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 29, 2009, 07:17:15 pm
As our heroes take up positions, the creatures start filing out through the door.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/33myc7l.png)

OOC: Changing turn even though people have MOV left, I assume you weren't plannign to use them. New turn begins now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 29, 2009, 07:45:18 pm
I'm passing this turn, Wubula will probably want to do the same, Wawa will want to come one square closer to the door (N) and Sukuzu will want to step in front of the door and change his ranged weapon to a Handgun, then the next turn he can open the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 29, 2009, 07:46:57 pm
Fair enough, I'll wait for confirmation. Next update will be tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 29, 2009, 09:37:13 pm
IC: Sukuzu paces E N E E N and opens the northern exit...he peaks in slowly sniffing the air within with his snout, searching for the Ilwrath scent...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 30, 2009, 12:06:05 am
I think it would be better if either Wubula or Bach opens the door. With full AP left, they can easilly get away again if necessary.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 30, 2009, 12:17:53 am
Wawa's nervously twitching fingers alight upon a shape that is both familiar and alien. It looks down and remembers that it carries a new weapon. Holstering its Peashooter, it brings out the Paingiver and, gripping the handle tightly for comfort, takes one step closer to the door.

OOC: It might be an idea to leave Wawa in front for now, given that friendly fire from weapons is a risk but other players in psychic powers' line of fire is a guaranteed fail. Plus Wawa's got the amulet, defensive powers and a medkit just in case.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 30, 2009, 07:49:33 am
I think it would be better if either Wubula or Bach opens the door. With full AP left, they can easilly get away again if necessary.


With 3 parries I laugh in the face or danger...or death....or both! Hahahahahaha! *opens the door*  ;D

OOC: How many spare spikes do we have? I could use one for me paingiva' (because I have only 1 reload left)  :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 30, 2009, 02:25:32 pm
Paingivers. Just. Suck. It's 2 strikes per turn (remember that reloading takes 1 AP) instead of the Handgun's 4 strikes/turn. Don't open the door, swap the ranged weapon instead. We can open the door next turn, when we'll all have full AP.

As to Dabir's idea, if he stays in front he'll have to open the door himself, thus losing 1 AP; since Wawa only has 3 MOV, he won't be able to relocate in case the enemy isn't in a straight line with him, or fire twice in case there are multiple enemies. If Sukuzu opens the door, he's going to enter the room anyway, freeing Wawa's line of fire.

Also, I don't know why I said that Sukuzu should open the door; Wubula's damage output is lower, so I'd guess she should open the door instead (which means that Sukuzu should change his move to E E N N and Wubula should move E). Wubula will in fact be protected if she opens the door, as we will storm the room anyway, covering her. Plus, she'll be able to use Confusion on any enemy in the room.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 30, 2009, 04:11:54 pm
With the eagerness of a battle thirsty warrior, Sukuzu quickly advances past his comrades to open the door. Through it, he sees a long hallway branching out into two directions. At the far end is an Ilwrath, but thankfully his quick peek goes unnoticed by the creature.

Wawa steps forward, and holsters its Peashooter. Time to bring on some pain.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2rqzjvb.png)

OOC:

Like I said, you're free to debate your tactics until I come along and update the game. Battle waits for no man.

The Ilwrath can't see you, but he has noticed that the door has opened. He wont be suspicious, but if no one comes out he'll probably come to check it out. Unfortunately Wawa switched his weapon after Sukuzu opened the door, so he loses one AP for that. So Wawa has 1AP/1MOV left, the Bach and Wubula are free to move.

Sukuzu is acting very much like an eager young Shofixti warrior, so good role-playing there I suppose. Lets hope he doesn't overextend himself.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 30, 2009, 05:33:19 pm
OOC: Ok, so the Ilwrath isn't on guard.

IC: Wubula moves E N W, and fires her weapon at the Ilwrath.

OOC: I suggest that wawa does N N FIRE after that, and then Bach W N E FIRE if necessary.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 30, 2009, 06:48:37 pm
Excitedly, Wubula runs into the corridor, pulls out her handgun and fires. Unfortunately, adrenaline gets the best of her and the shots go wide. The Ilwrath hisses at her.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/ouy6pu.png)

OOC: Wubula rolls two misses.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 30, 2009, 07:34:54 pm
Summary: W N E fire
IC: Amused by Wubula's failure, Bach rushes through the door and fires at the Ilwrath, summoning all the righteous anger he can muster (and that's a lot of anger, considering the many Unclean whose purging has been denied to him).

OOC: Wawa only has 1 AP left this turn (by the way, Luki's forgotten to change his/her weapon in the table on the right), so he/she can't fire at the Ilwrath now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 30, 2009, 08:55:19 pm
Moving out, it seems that Mr Bach is a bit shaky as well. His two first shots go wide, but by the final one he has calmed his seething rage and hits the Ilwrath with a sickening thud. The creature had no chance of dodging such a well placed bullet.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/r7qexi.png)

OOC. Two misses and a bullseye. Ilwrath loses one HP. Dabir (1 MOV/1AP) left this turn, unless he wants to skip. Next update tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 30, 2009, 09:04:07 pm
Wawa holds its ground, gathering its nerve to face the bullets.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 30, 2009, 09:30:57 pm
OOC: Oops, I didn't realise Wawa had only one AP left. It looks like Bach is going to be hurt.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 31, 2009, 10:41:27 am
The Ilwrath seems stunned by the appearance of enemies within it's lair, but acts quickly. Bloodlust taking over, it rushes at the enemy, mandibles clacking in anticipation. Only as it nears it realises that it will not be able to reach the human before he has time to fire again. It stops short and lets off a spike. The spike scratches Bach's side, causing much pain. As he regains his balance, he notices another Ilwrath coming around the corner. Clearly this one has heard the gunfire, but in the small corridor the large spiders thankfully cannot pass each other.

Worried by the gunfire, the small aliens continue their escape from their cell.


Map
(http://i39.tinypic.com/2dwak4g.png)

OOC: One hit, two failed parries. Ilwrath can pass through each others squares normally, but not in tight quarters such as this. New turn, free for all.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on January 31, 2009, 11:38:32 am
IC: Kyaiieeeee! N E E paws of fury


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 31, 2009, 12:51:15 pm
OOC: Bach could have shot that one, then Sukuzu could have attacked the next one, or we could all have retreated if we wanted. And if Bach would have missed, Wubula could have attacked the Ilwrath with her dagger, and then Sukuzu could still have attacked the next one. (It's not too late to change your move...)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on January 31, 2009, 03:17:55 pm
Is it worth the friendly fire risk for Wawa to try to attack?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on January 31, 2009, 03:45:45 pm
Sukuzu delivers a killing blow to an already weakened opponent, felling the foul arachnid.

Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/2zzuxw6.png)

OOC: Sukuzu gets a bullseye, ripping the Ilwrath to bits.

EDIT: Also, ignore the missing wall piece, I'll fix that in the next update.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on January 31, 2009, 04:17:53 pm
Summary: Use (medkit)
IC: Bach decides to take advantage of the cover that Sukuzu provides for him and starts bandaging his wounds.


EDIT: Maybe it would be a good idea if Wubula Confuses the Ilwrath so that Sukuzu doesn't get needlessly hurt?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on January 31, 2009, 05:26:20 pm
Maybe it would be a good idea if Wubula Confuses the Ilwrath so that Sukuzu doesn't get needlessly hurt?
OOC: I don't think she can do that, as she can't see the Ilwrath herself.

Edit: Or maybe she can see it. I don't get the vision anymore. Why could we see the second Ilwrath before Sukuzu moved to where he is now? And why don't we see more to the south now? Is that just a nook of two spaces where an Ilwrath was standing guard?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 01, 2009, 10:31:42 am
OOC: She can see it. Sorry I didn't clarify that earlier, didn't think to. I'm basically showing you were corridors take off in different direction (much like when you were outside and could see around the corners of the house. Now that I think of it, it might have been better to make those places have fog of war, but what can I say? I'll do that in the future, but for this specific corridor we'll still go with the rule that you can all see that Ilwrath.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 01, 2009, 12:28:01 pm
OOC: Sukuzu is standing at the corner now; shouldn't he be able to see the entire corridor, like when we were standing at a door opening? Or is the corridor really just those two squares?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 01, 2009, 04:04:22 pm
OOC: Sorry for not explaining this properly. Corridors and rooms don't work the same. When you're next to a door you can see everything that happens inside a room. But for corridors, you need to actually cross into the corridor to see what happens, because they are generally longer and can cut off in many directions. I made a picture to explain it better. The light grey squares would be black to the characters, those are the part of the corridor you can't see at all. The dark grey is what will turn up in the future instead of doing what I've done now. I hadn't thought hard enough about this.

(http://i40.tinypic.com/nmxjqs.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 01, 2009, 06:02:27 pm
IC: Wubulu takes a step E and does the confuse trick.

Edit:
OOC: Let's see what Bach finds out first.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 01, 2009, 06:42:09 pm
Summary: E E melee (Ilwrath)
IC: Bach makes a fearsome leap towards the spider-demon, preparing to strike a hideous blow. "Evil, meet my sword! SWORD, MEET EEEVIIIL!"

OOC: Because I can use the medkit some other time, we'll have to wait for Wawa anyway.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Luki said that the Ilwrath can't pass through each other in this narrow corridor. If this applies to us as well, then execute the following move instead:

Summary: Use (medkit)
IC: Bach decides to take advantage of the cover that Sukuzu provides for him and starts bandaging his wounds.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 01, 2009, 08:19:01 pm
Mr Bach is in his element, fighting. His mind is filled with rage as his combat knife is plunged into Ilwrath flesh. The creature feebly tries to defend itself, but fails and falls dead to the ground. Looking into the corridor ahead, he can see a door and a sign through his bloodhaze.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2yxqaro.png)

OOC: Bach scores two hits, Ilwrath fails its parries. Dabir hasn't moved yet.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 01, 2009, 08:39:52 pm
OOC: I guess the change to my move was too late. Yetiers: why did you ask me to confuse the Ilwrath if you were going to attack it anyway? Now I've wasted both the confuse and one movement point.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 01, 2009, 08:44:50 pm
OOC: No, looking at the timestamps you changed your move way before I started making my post. My apologies, I forgot to refresh and check possible changes before posting. I'm cancelling the use of confusion since this was a mistake on my part and it wouldn't have affected the outcome anyhow. You've got your power back.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 01, 2009, 08:47:25 pm
I had no idea the Ilwrath was going to fall so easily -- I had only a 1/6 chance of killing him this turn. I should've waited with telling you to confuse him until the results of my attack were posted, though, that's true.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 01, 2009, 09:18:39 pm
OOC: I'll let Wawa have the square to the east, if he/she/it wants it. If not, Wubula takes one more step east.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 01, 2009, 09:37:09 pm
Once again cursing its own feebleness, Wawa steps N-N-E, and indicates to the team that it would like to take the lead so as to be of more use.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 01, 2009, 10:20:50 pm
Wubula spends the rest of her movement points a few moments adjusting her belt.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 02, 2009, 01:15:14 pm
OOC: Well considering that we dispatched immediate threat  with ease, I'll go scout at my full MOV eastwards nxt turn. And I still don't know (and am wondering) what are those switches on the walls?  And what they are for?

EDIT: ahhhh. So that's the catch. Then I think  I can restrain myself for 2 more turns before I pull inspect one...*waves tail nervously*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 02, 2009, 01:27:46 pm
Update coming later today, and those are signs on the wall Son.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 02, 2009, 06:46:14 pm
Wawa moves forward, and the circle is complete.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/o0c4sx.png)

OOC: New turn, new moves.

EDIT: I seem to have screwed up the map, will fix tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 02, 2009, 07:02:33 pm
Following its decision to take the initiative, Wawa steps E-E-S and begins looting the body.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 02, 2009, 07:17:52 pm
Sukuzu is apparently planning to scout eastwards; that might attract unwanted attention from enemies, but I doubt it will -- they're still going to come after us if they exist, they've probably heard us after all.

Since Sukuzu is good at retreating, and can take care of any single enemy by himself, maybe we could, in the meantime, take positions in front of that door I'm seeing. Wubula should occupy the square with the door, ready to open it (in case Confusion is necessary, and because her damage output is lower), and I'm going to read that signpost.

Summary: E S S S read (signpost)
IC: Infernal writing is on the wall, next to the door. Bach heads toward it, determined to gather whatever insight it holds (probably regarding the room behind the door) and then destroy it by whatever means possible.

OOC: By the way, I'm going to be out of town tomorrow and will only return on Lukipela's (and the forum's, as Luki is only one hour ahead of the forum time) Friday evening or even Saturday afternoon. I will have Internet connection where I'm going, just not the best of the best. If a whole day passes after an update and I still haven't posted, feel free to temporarily relegate control of Bach to meep-eep.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 02, 2009, 07:43:50 pm
IC: Pleased with his own performance in combat, Sukuzu decides to scout some more E E E E E E in search for next set of Ilwrath carapaces to sharpen his teeth on.  As if he almost started to like the taste of it...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 02, 2009, 08:58:21 pm
Wawa moves swiftly, to loot yet another Ilwrath corpse. He finds the expected, a Paingiver and spare spike, but also something else. The object seems to be a grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406) of sorts, but a primitive one. It has a dingle sprint that is obviously meant to be removed to trigger an explosion. It is much lighter than regular alliance grenades, a Wawa estimates that he can through this a bit further.

Mr Bach moves next to the door, where the disgusting alien script spells out a surprisingly simple word "Sleeping Quarters".  Enraged by this foul alien script, Mr Bach punches the sign. The metal does not buckle. He attempts to rip it from the wall, but it is fastened far too well. Frustrated, he brings up his weapon to blast the vile thing, but catches himself just in time. There will be other fights.

Sukuzu sprints eagerly through the corridor, and carefully rounds the corner. The corridor is empty, not a soul in sight. There are more doors here though. Both the ones to the east and west have small signs besides them, but the text cannot be made out from afar. The northern door is far more interesting. It is clearly a much later addition, durable steel in a temple built of stone. Besides it a card reader gleams with a blue light. It seems clear that no one is meant to pass without the proper credentials.


Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/316oxg7.png)

OOC: Wawa has found a lightweight spike grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406) and a spike, the rest of you have just had wonderful adventures. Wubula left to move. I also switched Wawa to Paingiver, I'm sure he asked for that a while back but I forgot to update it apaprently.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 02, 2009, 09:05:04 pm
Delighted with its new toy, Wawa makes a comment to the effect that the Ilwrath are clearly very pointy people.

OOC: Since we've been going for a month, I feel obliged to ask if anyone's spotted the movie reference in Wawa's full name yet.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 02, 2009, 09:11:53 pm
Wubula moves W W W W.

OOC: I suggest someone with moves to spare and a granade opens the door to the sleeping quarters (when we're ready).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 02, 2009, 10:00:55 pm
Quote
OOC: Since we've been going for a month, I feel obliged to ask if anyone's spotted the movie reference in Wawa's full name yet.

OOC: A Google search tells me it's Borat, which I've never watched. I wonder if anyone's spotted the game reference in Grunfeld Bach's full name yet...

As for the door, we had better wait for Sukuzu to return with full AP before opening it, just to avoid taking chances.[/Captain Obvious]

Now to the real meat of this post -- Lukipela, Bach intended to also destroy the signpost if possible, not just read it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 02, 2009, 10:24:03 pm
OOC: Ok squad, should I scout some more (maybe to read the signs by the doors up the corridor) or should I rejoin the group by the sleeping quarters entranze? I'm for the latter cause I can get to the door and guard them pronto (as Yetiers suggested before) and as we wait for Wubula to approach I can use that time to switch back to my handgun; and I think that I'll get rid of it soon...so who's up for spare spikes?  :P

Hmmmm....Wawaweewa, Wawaweewa...hmm...Wa wa wee wa...Waw awe ewa...hmm...Wawaweewa, Wawaweewa...nothing comes to my mind  :P What movie are you referring to?* But the name is kinda catchy when you start saying it over and over: Wawaweewa Wawaweewa Wawaweewa Wawaweewa  :) you should definitely try it people  :D

EDIT: Bloodlines fan, eh?  :) I'm fan of Troika as a whole, but more into Arcanum than into the Masquerade.

EDIT2: Also I must say that I'm wary of that spike grenade thingy guyz; its a plain bad sign...and a foreshadowing of a very "spiky" and possibly painful future  :P

*I too never watched Borat; what does that word mean/represents?  ???


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 03, 2009, 07:02:20 pm
Wubula waddles forward, strangely graceful despite her weight.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/ve0rap.png)

OOC:

New turn. You know the drill. I edited my previous post for Yetis sign rage.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 03, 2009, 07:10:04 pm
IC:  Hordes of bloodthirsty enemies armed to the teeth on a battlefield ravaged by conflict are a wishful sight for a warriors heart. An empty hallway is not. With that in mind Sukuzu decides that he's done exploring for now, and dashes W W W W S S to join the rest of the team and help them out.

EDIT: corrected, tnx meep.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 03, 2009, 08:30:47 pm
Wawa occupies his time by making the arduous journey N and searching the other corpse. Having some modicum of pattern-recognition he already has expectations of what he will find.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 03, 2009, 10:50:06 pm
IC:  Hordes of bloodthirsty enemies armed to the teeth on a battlefield ravaged by conflict are a wishful sight for a warriors heart. An empty hallway is not. With that in mind Sukuzu decides that he's done exploring for now, and dashes W W W S S S to join the rest of the team and help them out.
That would have you walking into a wall for three moves.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 04, 2009, 06:33:52 am
Heh, the two last posts here had me rolling on the floor. This is exactly what I had in mind while thinking this up, people having fun playing. Thanks guys.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 04, 2009, 10:17:13 am
Summary: W S E N
IC: Bach walks in circles, eagerly waiting for the others to finish what they're doing and open the door.

OOC: Dabir, looting out of combat doesn't take AP, so why don't you add "S S" to your move?

EDIT: Also, Sukuzu and Wubula have moved to the same square; I'd recommend that Sukuzu removes the last "S" from his move, as I explained above.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 04, 2009, 11:02:29 am
Wubula moves S S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 04, 2009, 05:16:43 pm
As the others once more prepare themselves for danger, Wawa helps himself to another Spike Grenade and a spare spike.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/52flsy.png)

OOC: Wawa has two moves left, wubula one. i assume Wubula won't use hers but I'm not sure if Wawa is going to just move or something else as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 04, 2009, 06:36:53 pm
Wawa issues the telepathic equivalent of a sigh, then steps S and nearly trips over a leg. Looking at the leg and at its weapon, the thought occurs to it that particularly thick Ilwrath limbs might well serve as impromptu spikes...

Discarding the idea as morbid and silly, he continues S to rejoin the team.


OOC: Wa wa wee wa is apparently a Russian/Kazakh expression of surprise, as indeed made popular by Borat (I haven't seen it either).

Edited for silly idea.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Resh Aleph on February 05, 2009, 12:54:18 am
OOC: Wa wa wee wa is apparently a Russian/Kazakh expression of surprise, as indeed made popular by Borat (I haven't seen it either).

Actually... (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,248960,00.html) :P


(Sorry for interrupting. Carry on.)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 05, 2009, 08:31:35 pm
Wawa moves with an alien grace, joining his comrade outside the room. From within nothing can be heard.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/mtsf4j.png)

OOC: New turn


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 05, 2009, 10:58:40 pm
IC: Sukuzu decides that in compare with his handgun the paingiver just sucks, so he decides to switch to his standard range weapon. Not knowing what to do now with that alien gun he offers it and ammo for it to his teammates.

EDIT:

OCC: I have 1 AP left, so I could give my spare spikes/paingiver to someone, any takers? Dabir? Wubula? Yeti?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 06, 2009, 06:36:16 am
OOC: Noted. I'm not updating the map just for that though.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 06, 2009, 11:09:38 am
I suppose Sukuzu isn't going to open the door this turn, so I'm just passing this turn. Bach continues to walk in circles.
I'm not using the medkit, I have this ambition of reaching level 2 and gaining a big auto-heal; I can use the medkit later if I get too wounded, though I doubt that'll happen.

Summary: No move yet
IC: Bach considers bandaging his wounds, but he realizes that faith in God is the best cure of all, and that there is much strength to be gained from suffering. He will not use worldly medicine unless God makes clear that this is His will.

He then eyes Sukuzu and grunts, "Make haste, filthy dog. Your infernal siblings are waiting behind this door even now; we do not want to disappoint them. By the Holy Light of God, this place shall be purged clean."

EDIT: I'm not moving yet, I'm waiting for Sukuzu to open the door. Guess I'll find some other occasion to get mad at someone else.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 06, 2009, 11:38:44 am
OOC: You are out of combat, so the only thing that consumes AP is moving or opening doors. That means Sukuzu is free to switch and give away whatever he wants before opening the door. I suggest you both edit your posts to reflect this.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 06, 2009, 12:51:40 pm
Wubula glares at Sukuzu. "Need any help opening that door?"


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 06, 2009, 02:10:15 pm
IC: Lost in thoughts of his beloved homeworld Kyabetsu for a moment, Sukuzu was brought back in the harsh reality by Wubulas question. He looks around as if he was looking for the first time, and then after a deep breath, he places his paw on the sensor pad firmly and opens the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 06, 2009, 08:40:26 pm
OOC: Due to having urgent business elsewhere, I hastily undid the entire post in which I was mad at Sukuzu; I've just corrected the error, for what it's worth, so if Son sees this before Lukipela, maybe he wants to edit his last post to reflect this change? If he wants to, of course.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 06, 2009, 10:31:18 pm
As the door swings open, it reveals a spartan room. Unlike the rest of this forgotten temple there is no dust or dirt here, nor bloodstains on the walls. The lighting is much better too. Instead of weak flickering lights there are proper light fixtures in the ceiling bathing the room in a soft light. On the floor several boards have been placed, and upon them lay blankets and pillows. Clearly this is where the hierarchy soldiers come to rest. Equally clearly these are much more orderly soldiers than the Ilwrath fanatics you've encountered so far.

As this realization is sinking in, Sukuzu notices the inhabitants in the room. Three startled Androsynth Privates (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57506#msg57506) and a Ilwrath Apprentice (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56605#msg56605) are staring at him with amazement. The shock won't last long though. You need to act fast.


Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2610vps.png)

OOC: You've now encountered the second hierarchy race present at this base. What's a research facility without Androsynth eh? Be sure to check out their stats and abilities before charging in, I'm posting them and fixing links right after this.

Since you're not looking at them through the eyes of an enemy, you'll only get weapons info once you pick up the weapons.

And as far as I can tell from the post, Sukuzu offered people weapons and Wubula told him to get a move on. Pretty rude. Everyone has a full turn left except Sukuzu who has 1 AP.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 06, 2009, 11:15:12 pm
OOC: I suggest that apart from Sukuzu, we each fire a shot at the Androsynth and then move out of the door opening again. Lukipela: is it allowed by the movement rules that Sukuzu and Wubula (or Bach) switch places? And in defense of Wubula supposedly being rude, she said it charmingly and with a smile. She probably added "dear" too.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 06, 2009, 11:22:05 pm
OOC: You're a well trained team, but unfortunately this is not possible. If we had gone with the original movement scheme I thought up this would have been possible, but if we had gone with that you'd still be in the courtyard. You'll have to post a full move, I'll interrupt it if someone gets a kill.

EDIT: That is to say, you can of course just post part of your move and the rest later on, but you have to end your phase in an empty square, you can't have someone else move at the same time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 06, 2009, 11:56:17 pm
OOC: I think it's agressive time. Heh, Androsynth privates.

Possible IC: Having grown used to relying on its eyes around lower-functioning beings, Wawa is momentarily shocked by the outward appearance of the Androsynth, but quickly remembers that the hostile... experiments... are far from the beloved humans, though they might seem close to the casual observer. Nevertheless, it still feels some slight compunction as it stalks E-E past its furry comrade, and, smile fixed in place, unleashes a devastating Psychic Blast upon the unfortunate clone.

OOC again: Here's a plan that could work: Following the move above, Bach moves N-E-S-guns, Wubula moves S-E-N guns if possible, Suzuku moves E-E-E, leaving him in a perfect position to obliterate the 'synth to the south with melee or more guns and incidentally protecting Wawa, who if left unprotected has a chance of being insta-killed by the Ilwrath.

Luki, please don't actually execute the above move for Wawa yet, this plan probably needs refinement and I'd hate to go and put my character in a stupid position.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 07, 2009, 12:14:20 am
You'll have to post a full move, I'll interrupt it if someone gets a killed.

Fixed that for ya  ;)

OOC: crap this looks serious. These guyz are definitely not cannon fodder troopers :P Buckle up people!

IC: As the room unveils in front of him, in a blink of an eye Sukuzu observes this nantanza (n.; meaning: pre-battlefield; translated from Shofixtian) so full of tension and suspense, still untainted by actions of the sides in conflict. Ahhh...I just love that smell. His keen sense for tactics kicks in right after, and he wastes not a second more; a choice has been made. He quickly turns to Bach and with a sinister voice replies to his remarks: "Your pagan gods must be really fond of you zealous Earthling, to bless you with such a gift [looks into the room and points with his snout]. Want to be a good servant and appease them  with some alien blood? Your exiled kin awaits [points with his finger at Androsynth Privates]." Crazy gleam flashes in his eyes, he breathes deeply and  unleashes a scream -  "Kyaieee!" With that said Sukuzu leaps into the room, jumps to the side (E N), and fires a whole clip at the surprised Ilwrath warrior (uses handgun) :D

OCC: If that apprentice leaves this room alive, I bet my spook salary that we're screwed.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 07, 2009, 12:28:08 am
OOC: Okay then, definitely execute my above move. Time to blow some minds, heheheh.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 07, 2009, 12:31:24 am
OOC: Okay then, definitely execute my above move. Time to blow some minds, heheheh.

Like the sound of it  :D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 07, 2009, 01:47:24 am
OOC: Have you both forgotten the extra parries these Androsynth get this turn? We're all going to get hurt if we go with this plan. And we still have about half of the map to go. We could toss in a smoke granade (as the last action this turn), but that would mean hand-to-hand combat next turn, or lobbing (normal) granades. Either that or wait for three turns until the smoke clears.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 07, 2009, 09:11:04 am
OOC: Since this is a pretty serious situation I'll hold off on executing it until tonight, to let you talk through what you want to do. If you've got no consensus by that time, I'll just start executing the moves you've posted.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 07, 2009, 11:30:02 am
OOC: Have you both forgotten the extra parries these Androsynth get this turn? We're all going to get hurt if we go with this plan. And we still have about half of the map to go. We could toss in a smoke granade (as the last action this turn), but that would mean hand-to-hand combat next turn, or lobbing (normal) granades. Either that or wait for three turns until the smoke clears.


They get those extra parries for the first turn and the first turn ONLY. Unless we strike them now, leave the room, close the door behind us and pop in again, thus encountering them once more, there should be no problem (joking of course  :D ; but indeed I wonder under which circumstances their ability gets recharged; I just hope that my joke doesn't come true :P ). We should all just range attack them in the 1st round and that's it. After that we do the usual drill (psy-bang bang-slash combo). Looks like a good moment to employ those smoke/frag/spike grenades too. Fleshroaster also. But the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that they have more parries than most characters of our team without their special ability. I think that mobbing will give us the greatest chance for success. Other suggestions?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 07, 2009, 11:37:42 am
Wawa's move is sensible; go E E and then use Psychic Blast, instantly killing a Synth and gaining a much-needed XP. Two Synth and one Ilwrath remaining.

Sukuzu should just move E E; if he moves E N he's not going to be able to use both of his AP to melee the 'Synth next turn (and I'm better at ranged anyway so I'm a better choice to fire at the apprentice), if he goes E E E the Ilwrath will be able to melee him.

Wubula should go S and Confuse the easternmost 'Synth, thus neutralizing him as well. Don't enter the room, as you can only do so by moving S E S and that will expose you to Synth fire; Sukuzu is a better meatshield as he has more HP, more parries and can level up more easily. Only one Synth and one Ilwrath remaining.

Bach should go E N N and fire east; the apprentice is easier to kill and more of a threat than the Confused Synth, plus I need XP to heal while keeping the medkit. I'll be able to use both of my AP to shoot the other Synth once he comes north to join the action, anyway. If we're lucky, only one Synth remains by now.

As for using smoke grenades, I'd be against that as the 'Synth are disciplined and will just wait for the smoke to clear out. EDIT: We might be able to throw a smoke grenade at them, thus halving their movement and allowing Sukuzu to close in and kill them one by one. I haven't thought about the specifics, so I'm not even sure if we can do so efficiently, and even so it's probably not such a good idea -- the others need XP too, not just Sukuzu; Sukuzu can get more wounded if we don't use a smoke grenade, but he'll soon level up; and I'd rather lose Confusion, which is good against only one enemy, rather than a smoke grenade, which is good against groups of enemies.

Meep-eep suggested firing at the Synth and then getting out of the doorway; I'd be against that, as we're denying Wawa one much-needed XP, and the enemy might very well call reinforcements through that door in the north-eastern part of the room, instead of stupidly charging in through the door. Don't forget that they're disciplined and well-trained Synth, not some Ilwrath fanatics.

@Lukipela: I don't understand something about smoke grenades, by the way. Since they affect a 4x4 area (whose center is a point, not a square), what exactly does the fact that Wawa can throw them at a maximum distance of 3 squares mean? Can you choose any corner of a square 3 squares away (in a straight line, of course) as the center?
- Also, movement is halved in an area affected by a smoke grenade. Is that rounded down or up? What about moves that aren't completely through smoke, such as starting at the edge of a smoke cloud and going out of it, or passing through a smoke cloud with both the start point and the end point not being covered by smoke -- how does movement halving work under those circumstances?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 07, 2009, 12:07:48 pm
They get those extra parries for the first turn and the first turn ONLY. Unless we strike them now, leave the room, close the door behind us and pop in again, thus encountering them once more, there should be no problem (joking of course  :D ; but indeed I wonder under which circumstances their ability gets recharged; I just hope that my joke doesn't come true :P ).

The Synth will only have that parry bonus during this turn, i.e any Synth you attack now will have five parries. Next turn they'll have three, regardless of whether you've attacked that Synth or not before.

Quote
@Lukipela: I don't understand something about smoke grenades, by the way. Since they affect a 4x4 area (whose center is a point, not a square), what exactly does the fact that Wawa can throw them at a maximum distance of 3 squares mean? Can you choose any corner of a square 3 squares away (in a straight line, of course) as the center?
- Also, movement is halved in an area affected by a smoke grenade. Is that rounded down or up?

Sorry about having that so badly defined, I updated the Smoke Grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56552#msg56552) section to make it clearer. Essentially, you declare which of the four central squares the impact square is.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 07, 2009, 04:57:05 pm
Sukuzu should just move E E; if he moves E N he's not going to be able to use both of his AP to melee the 'Synth next turn

Umm...yes I will. If I move for only two steps E E I still have 2 APs left to shred through the clone guy, and he'll be able to defend with only 3 parries as usual.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 07, 2009, 07:24:14 pm
The Androsynth private has been drilled a hundred times for this. He has been woken up in the middle of the night, jumped in the canteen and assaulted in the showers. The gruelling training of the Androsynth army has created an awareness in him that his civilian counterparts could never understand, a readiness for battle. He hasn't been trained for this though. As he turns towards the enemy with grace a blast of raw psychic force hits him. His brain freezes and his heart stops, as his body feels the effect of a great blow that never happened. Inner organs turning to mush and bones collapsing, he falls to the floor. All that is left of the private is a pool of oozing blue blood and intestines.

The Ilwrath  is no soldier, and just stares at the scene unfolding, mouth agape. As the first bullet whizzes past him he turns toward his enemy, only to have a second one impact with a meaty thud.


Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/2rp40gp.png)

OOC: Androsynth Private bites the dust and Ilwrath gets hit by a bullseye, -1 HP. Mr Bach and Wubula left.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 07, 2009, 07:28:50 pm
Sukuzu, no you won't. The easternmost Synth will die right now, due to Wawa's Psychic Blast. I was talking about the southernmost Synth. It's too late to do anything about this now, though.

As for the smoke grenade, I've thought a little about that now, and it seems the Synth could still retreat and call reinforcements if we throw it at them instead of using it as a form of cover. Sukuzu would still get wounded if the Synth wouldn't retreat, anyway, as they're many, and we can't affect enough enemies with a 4x4 smoke cloud anyway. So, bad idea.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 07, 2009, 09:15:58 pm
Sukuzu, no you won't. The easternmost Synth will die right now, due to Wawa's Psychic Blast. I was talking about the southernmost Synth. It's too late to do anything about this now, though.

Well no point in me whining now, is there? Eh. But I could swear that Dabir posted E E S psychic blast :P hmmm.

@Luki: I guess it's not allowed to jump over chests is it?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 07, 2009, 09:24:00 pm
OOC: This would be a great time for Confusion on the eastern private, or Wawa's probably going to get six separate strikes from its handgun. Fortunately the one to the south can't really get a shot in this turn unless we position ourselves in the right way.

Also, next turn I could start by Slapping one of them - since Slap and Blast both stun if they don't kill, all those parry dice are useless... right?

And yeah, Son, E-E-S-Blast would be a bit impossible on 3 MOV.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 07, 2009, 09:47:55 pm
Hmmm. I must pay more attention from now on, that's for sure :P I guess then that the best course of actions for Sukuzu from his current standpoint would be to run to the southernmost private and pin him down, so he can't run away (no jumping over obstacles, right?)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 07, 2009, 09:59:47 pm
OOC: This is a bad plan...

Meep-eep suggested firing at the Synth and then getting out of the doorway; I'd be against that, as we're denying Wawa one much-needed XP, and the enemy might very well call reinforcements through that door in the north-eastern part of the room, instead of stupidly charging in through the door.
The psychic blast is basically a "get one XP free" and could be used at any time. Wawa doesn't need the point right now.
Because of the Androsynth's "Never Surprised" skill, we stand little chance at killing them right now, which means we're going to get hit if we rush in.
If we had gone with my plan, we would have been able to get rid of one enemy without fear of retaliation. Then, the next turn, when the Androsynth don't have the defense bonus, we could have gone in and attacked them.
Anyhow, it's too late now. I guess Wubula can go confuse one of them. The Ilwrath will have two turns to attack, as it is already on line with one of us, so it may be better to confuse that one.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 08, 2009, 09:35:19 am
OOC: It's not even a plan... we must be the most undisciplined special ops squad in existence. I hope Luki isn't making the remaining enemies weaker to compensate for our wounds, if we get any serious ones. Though I'm sure he is, he doesn't want to lose players. At least he might keep the final battle at the same difficulty level, so that any loss of life doesn't affect the number of players.

Quote
Because of the Androsynth's "Never Surprised" skill, we stand little chance at killing them right now, which means we're going to get hit if we rush in.
If we had gone with my plan, we would have been able to get rid of one enemy without fear of retaliation. Then, the next turn, when the Androsynth don't have the defense bonus, we could have gone in and attacked them.

With my plan, we wouldn't have attacked any Synth this turn, not that the two extra parries are that relevant.

EDIT: As for Psychic Blast versus taking potshots from the doorway, the latter does indeed have a slight advantage over the former, now that I think of it -- it preserves Psychic Blast for tougher enemies which can't be killed in more low-cost ways such as meep's idea.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 08, 2009, 11:00:22 am
OOC: It's not even a plan... we must be the most undisciplined special ops squad in existence. I hope Luki isn't making the remaining enemies weaker to compensate for our wounds, if we get any serious ones. Though I'm sure he is, he doesn't want to lose players. At least he might keep the final battle at the same difficulty level, so that any loss of life doesn't affect the number of players.

To be honest, I think you're going to get pretty wounded and possibly even killed before this fight is over. There is only one way I see that gives you a semi-god chance of not taking too much damage. I seriously thought you'd go with meeps dodging and firing plan. On the other hand, that might have brought you some ...other trouble. Oh well, Yetiers and Bach left before I open a can of whoop-ass.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 08, 2009, 12:14:01 pm
Whoa people, slowdown a bit. What's with all the foreshadowing and panicking? They didn't even get to act let alone attack us, and Dabir nailed one clone down and that Ilwrath is gonna get toasted pretty soon. 1 and half down 2 and a half more to go. And Yeti and meep haven't even moved yet! We might be overreacting here, because this is the first time we're encountering Andros...

I hope Luki isn't making the remaining enemies weaker to compensate for our wounds

And yes Luki please don't do that :P babysitting players plainly sux. I've seen it and I hate it. If we brought something on ourselves, by ourselves, let us feel the full extent of our errors. I'm not calling you to make this mission any harder, I'm just saying that IF we get wounded there's no reason to lower the # of enemies or lower their stats or something similar. No fun in role playing if you're aware that there's no actual consequences for the actions you take :P Challenge and risk are everything.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 08, 2009, 01:24:33 pm
Yeah, panicking at this point is fruitless, we can stop them from even getting a hit in this turn (unless it turns out there's autoguns in every corner, then we're totally boned).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 08, 2009, 03:50:11 pm
OOC: New plan: Bach moves N E S and fires at the Androsynth, and then Wubula throws the smoke granade on ourselves, preventing the enemy from using long range weapons on us. Then next turn, we can step out of the smoke and fire again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 08, 2009, 04:35:54 pm
What's preventing them from just taking cover and waiting for the smoke to dissipate (time is on their side) or just calling reinforcements?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 08, 2009, 06:07:13 pm
OOC: If they take cover, that would still give us one turn during which we can't be hit. We can then decide to retreat and attack another time with full movement points. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the smoke dissipates before our turn, leaving us with full movement points to attack them.
It is possible that they call for reinforcements. Maybe they have to physically move to another room, in which case we have enough time to intercept them, or maybe they have walkie-talkies or can just shout really hard, in which case they can call for reinforcements anyhow. Regardless, I'd rather take the risk of more Ilwrath coming our way, than have our troops severely injured with still half the map to go.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 08, 2009, 06:33:08 pm
Sounds sensible, let's put it to work. Fortunately, I had the text for the move already stored out in a text file on my desktop...

Summary: N E S fire (E)
IC: Bach hears the dog's blasphemous reply, but utters nothing in response save for a small prayer, Lead us not unto temptation, but deliver us from evil. Righteous anger is not a sin, but there are far more urgent matters to be dealt with.

He hurls himself into the room, only to be utterly shocked at the sight of what seem to be three humans who had sold their souls to the devils! A moment later, Bach realizes that they can be none other than the despised clones that Saint MacBride pointed out as False Men. They are nothing more soulless husks created through unholy magicks in the ancient times; it shall be an honour to purge the world of these wicked abominations.

His rifle starts blazing, almost of its own volition.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 08, 2009, 06:53:23 pm
OOC: Wubula closes the door and goes home. Just kidding:
IC: Wubula moves S and ignites her smoke grenade. Instead of throwing it, she puts it down so that the entire team is screened from incoming fire (with herself in the NE corner of the 4 central squares). She takes care to take note of where she puts it, so that she can quickly kick it away if the need arises.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 08, 2009, 07:03:19 pm
OOC: This is absolutely brilliant. No update til tomorrow though, sorry guys.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 08, 2009, 07:08:47 pm
Thank you. I rather liked it myself.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 08, 2009, 10:47:24 pm
OOC: New plan: Bach moves N E S and fires at the Androsynth, and then Wubula throws the smoke granade on ourselves, preventing the enemy from using long range weapons on us. Then next turn, we can step out of the smoke and fire again.

Props, I vote meep (Wubula) for our team leader  ;D told you there's no need for panic.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 09, 2009, 07:49:11 pm
Mr Bach moves forward, propelled by righteous rage. Despite its agility and training, the Androsynth is unable to dodge these hatefilled bullets, which tear through its synthetic flesh. Grimacing with pain, it has no time to react before Wubula drops her grenade, noxious smoke filling the corridor and room.

The Ilwrath, enraged by it wounds charges towards the enemy. A shouted command from the Androsynth brings it to its senses, and instead of charging blindly it stops and lets a spike grenade fly. Inside the smoke, sharp pieces of debris fly, impaling both Mr Bach and Sukuzu.

The Androsynth, are clearly contemplating calling for reinforcements. However, having witnessed Sukuzus speed and Wawas deadly powers they come to the conclusion that they'll never make it to the door. Instead they take cover and prepare for the worst.


Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/2j31dhv.png)

OOC: Bach scores two bullseyes, leaving one Synth with 1 HP. Ilwrath spike grenade causes -2 HP for Sukuzu and -1 HP for Bach, Wubula and Wawa surprisingly evade damage completely. The Androsynth are in cover behind the beds, but this doesn't give them any special advantage since they are blankets on the floor. You can't move through them though.

Moving through smoke halves your movement points, so moving one square takes two MOV.

All in all an interesting turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 09, 2009, 08:05:30 pm
OOC: You cheat at your own game. :P We were supposed to be untargettable by ranged weapons inside the smoke. And the debris took one more HP than a direct hit would have taken. Oh well. Could you please send the cloud sprite behind the unit sprites, by the way? Oh, and Wubula should have 4/5 HP, not 3/5.

So, team, what are we doing now? The Ilwrath can charge at us next turn, so we have to do something about him. I suggest we have Sukuzu move E S fire N W, which gives us a 5/9 chance of success. We could use a Psychic Slap or a grenade if this doesn't work.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 09, 2009, 08:12:07 pm
OOC: So can Wubula kick away the smoke granade? And would that give the others more use of their movement points this turn?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 09, 2009, 08:37:36 pm
OOC: You cheat at your own game.

I don't think so, but I might have missed something. In that case I'll correct it of course.

Quote
We were supposed to be untargettable by ranged weapons inside the smoke.

Yes, but you can throw grenades anywhere. At 2 STR the Ilwrath can throw the grenade 4 squares, where it detonates smoke or no smoke.

Quote
And the debris took one more HP than a direct hit would have taken.

I don't get this. Wawa got three strikes, the rest of you two. His all missed, as did Wubulas. Sukuzu got two hits, you one. What do you mean by direct hit?

Quote
Oh well. Could you please send the cloud sprite behind the unit sprites, by the way?

No, you're inside the smoke.

Quote
Oh, and Wubula should have 4/5 HP, not 3/5.

Whoops, don't know how that happened. Good catch, I'l go back and fix it later.

Quote
So, team, what are we doing now? The Ilwrath can charge at us next turn, so we have to do something about him. I suggest we have Sukuzu move E S fire N W, which gives us a 5/9 chance of success. We could use a Psychic Slap or a grenade if this doesn't work.

Keep in mind that while you can't used ranged weaponry inside the smoke, you can lob grenades just as well as the Ilwrath. A certain soldier in perfect position for this comes to mind.

Quote
OOC: So can Wubula kick away the smoke granade? And would that give the others more use of their movement points this turn?

While this is a good idea, the smoke grenade empties straight away. It takes several turns for the released smoke to dissipate. So no.

Also, while I remember. I'm going away on a trip on Friday and returning on Thursday night. I won't have internet access, so the last update will be on Thursday, and the next one the following Friday.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 09, 2009, 08:59:27 pm
I suggest we have Sukuzu move E S fire N W

OOC: My thoughts exactly.

IC: Damn smoke! I can't see one frelling thing in here. How can I fight something when I don't even know where I am in this forsaken cloud? *curses* Arrrgh. Enraged from his wounds and temporary blindness produced by smoke, Sukuzu wipes the blood from his brow and decides to jump out off cover and finish what he started. I always hated the sneaky way; there's no honor in that *hrmpf* He leaps E tumbles to the side S and points his gun at the charging apprentice *gives a cold look to the Ilwrath* - Time to squish yet another bug - *pulls the trigger*

EDIT: after firing Sukuzu will retreat N (if possible) to try and get at least some sort of improvised cover. So, summary: E S fire handgun N

Also, while I remember. I'm going away on a trip on Friday and returning on Thursday night. I won't have internet access, so the last update will be on Thursday, and the next one the following Friday.

Awwwwwwww :P ah well, what can you do.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 09, 2009, 09:10:03 pm
I suggest we have Sukuzu move E S fire N W

OOC: My thoughts exactly.

Not sure if you both misunderstood it, or just Yeti, but moving E will take two MOV since you're in the smoke to begin with. So moving E S wil consume three MOV, meaning that there is no retreat after firing. Or maybe I just read you wrong. The same holds true for stepping into a smoke square, that also takes 2 MOV. I'll update item rules to make this clearer, sorry for any confusion. Update tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 09, 2009, 09:44:14 pm
OOC: Another option is to stay in the cloud and just throw a granade at the Ilwrath. And we also have the choice of retreating and waiting until the smoke clears.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 09, 2009, 10:03:34 pm
My confusion stemmed from the fact that I misread "spike grenade" as "spike", so that's why I thought the Ilwrath fired from the Paingiver.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 09, 2009, 10:52:42 pm
OOC: Another option is to stay in the cloud and just throw a granade at the Ilwrath. And we also have the choice of retreating and waiting until the smoke clears.


I'd rather use that grenade on the andros and not on almost-and-very-soon-he-will-be-dead space spider.

So moving E S wil consume three MOV, meaning that there is no retreat after firing.

Who said anything about retreating? Kyaiieeee!  ;D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 09, 2009, 11:48:59 pm
OOC: Another option is to stay in the cloud and just throw a granade at the Ilwrath. And we also have the choice of retreating and waiting until the smoke clears.
I'd rather use that grenade on the andros and not on almost-and-very-soon-he-will-be-dead space spider.
The point would not be to just kill it, but to kill it without exposing ourselves to retaliation. But if we are going to expose ourselves (and I say "we" even though Wubula won't be in a position to do any damage this turn), then I would suggest that Wawa moves E and fires at the Ilwrath, and then Sukuzu goes E E S E and then fires S. And then Bach can move E S and fire E, though if he misses entirely, he's going to be in trouble. Wubula can either come in too, in the hope that she can do anything useful next turn, or she can move north so that we may be able to attack the room to the north of the Androsynth bedroom from two sides later, if that is in fact a single room.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 10, 2009, 02:27:19 am
I can't move in one turn all the way to the southernmost andro, because I lose 2 MOV just for leaving the cloud; that's why I want to off the Ilwrath - we need to do at least a bit damage this turn and stay mobile if the clones try to run :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 10, 2009, 08:33:05 am
OOC: E, E, S, E is 2+1+1+1=5. You have 6 MOV, so that leaves one to fire. What am I missing?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 10, 2009, 09:46:24 am
Unless I'm misinterpreting the smoke grenade rules, I see the situation as follows: Sukuzu is inside the cloud. To leave it E I need to use 1 MOV. The moment I leave it I lose 2 MOV (that effectively means that I need to expend 3 MOV just to leave the smoke). And that leaves me with 3 MOV left - enough to allign myself with the andro, but not enough to open fire. And although I love risk I don't want to be used for target practice :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 10, 2009, 09:58:29 am
meep has it right. Moving whilst in smoke consumes double your normal amount of MOV, but there is no extra penalty beyond that. So moving 1E consumes 2 MOV, after that you have 4 left. meeps suggestion would have you use up 3 more MOV, leaving you with one and thus a action point.

Once I get home I need to update the smoke rules, this clearly is  more confusing than I thought.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 10, 2009, 12:01:37 pm
OOC: It's ok now, I get it. I just assumed that the MOV penalty was separate from actual moving e.g. that you had to move and suffer the penalty. Now I see that the rule is that  it just takes 2 MOV to make 1 step when walking through the smoke. Tnx for clarification  ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 10, 2009, 01:59:45 pm
Summary: use (medkit)
IC: Bach's wounds are hindering him, and he begins to question that God does indeed want him to avoid bandaging them.

OOC: Because in no way am I risking almost certain death by attacking those two Synth. Even if I kill one of them, the other will still have 6 strike dice to use against me.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 10, 2009, 04:28:28 pm
Since things seem to be a little bit confused (only to expect in battle I suppose), I'll hold up on updating until tonight or tomorrow to let you get your tactics straight. If I see no new posts by tomorrow after work, Sukuzu leaves cover and Bach uses a medikit.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 11, 2009, 05:09:57 pm
OOC: E, E, S, E is 2+1+1+1=5.

I considered this option, but I could quite easily get caught in the crossfire from andros and get some serious wounds - I wont kill that andro so he will retaliate and that apprentice will get one free shot at me and another chance to slice me when my turn is done; and the other clone can come out from the cover and still have enough AP to open fire (like if they care if that Ilwrath gets his ass friendly fired and dies); I'm all for gunz blazing action, but I'm still not that much frenzied to go kamikaze/suicide king...just it seems to me that this move would be far too much of a gambit, even with the support of the rest of the team (and Bach is not even able to help me out with that plan right now because he's licking his wounds at the moment) :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 11, 2009, 06:27:51 pm
After the move you're proposing, there will be two other enemies who can only see you. That's not a good thing. Another option is E S S S fire E, while Wawa takes out the Ilwrath.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 11, 2009, 06:52:26 pm
After the move you're proposing, there will be two other enemies who can only see you. That's not a good thing. Another option is E S S S fire E, while Wawa takes out the Ilwrath.


Even that isn't such a good option, but still better than the previous 2 we proposed (because only one andro will be able to retaliate and the other one will have to risk friendly fire if he wants to shoot through his comrade). But I guess if the second andro decides to shoot through his comrade, there's a great chance that I will end up with 2 HP, 3 if I'm lucky  :P Hmmmmm...maybe I could shoot first at *insert target* and then Wawa could throw his smoke grenade E E E and allow us to slowly push forward?

Any further suggestions/tactical options team?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 11, 2009, 06:58:38 pm
I say Wawa should just throw his spike grenade at the Ilwrath (weaker weapon than the Psychic Slap or a normal grenade) and the others should wait. We're going to lose a lot of HP if we leave the cloud now, we should come later when the Ilwrath has been killed and Bach has more HP.

As for the smoke grenade, the Ilwrath could just hold his ground, and the other Synth might come closer as they wouldn't risk suffering a ranged attack anymore.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 11, 2009, 07:23:31 pm
Update in one hour. So far I've got one party member bandaging himself, and if Sukuzu doesn't edit any posts he will attack the Ilwrath. You can't retreat N after firing the handgun, it uses up one full AP so you've none left. For clarity, if you are changing any moves, post them after this post so I don't have to wade back through a page of tactical discussion.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 11, 2009, 07:44:23 pm
Son: "Hurry, little one! Take a blade! Tear out my throat your move!"


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 11, 2009, 07:57:59 pm
Argh, whatever I do, if I reveal myself I'm gonna get some, and something has to be done. So I'm going for the Ilwrath, 3 parries and 5 HP must be worth something; I'd hate it if we would waste a spike grenade/frag grenade on a half dead apprentice - Andros are a far better target for that. And afterward I'll run back to the smoke and politely ask for a medikit  ::)

IC (repeat): Damn smoke! I can't see one frelling thing in here. How can I fight something when I don't even know where I am in this forsaken cloud? *curses* Arrrgh. Enraged from his wounds and temporary blindness produced by smoke, Sukuzu wipes the blood from his brow and decides to jump out off cover and finish what he started. I always hated the sneaky way; there's no honor in that *hrmpf* He leaps E tumbles to the side S and points his gun at the charging apprentice *gives a cold look to the Ilwrath* - Time to squish yet another bug - *pulls the trigger*

Summary: E S fire handgun


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 11, 2009, 08:01:14 pm
Farewell, Sukuzu. It was nice knowing you.
(OK, I'm getting melodramatic, you'll probably survive this)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 11, 2009, 08:04:45 pm
Farewell, Sukuzu. It was nice knowing you.
(OK, I'm getting melodramatic, you'll probably survive this)

Compassion for the fellow aliens? Remember South Park - NEVER BREAK CHARACTER!  :D That's why I'm charging  ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 11, 2009, 08:11:29 pm
You want me to stay in character even OOC? Oh, I can do that...

*cough* *cough* Your move is so stupid! That you are shit at SC: BEL clearly shows how little brain you have! You are nothing compared to my awesome mental prowess!

...but then I'd break my own character instead of Bach's. :P

For clarity, I was just joking when I wrote line 2, not that it's not obvious


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 11, 2009, 08:12:34 pm
Sukuzu charges out of the smoke, surprising the Ilwrath with his sudden appearance. While his shot rings true, it is partially deflected by the creatures thick exoskeleton, temporarily stunning the creature.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2n7eey1.png)

OOC: Ok, since you renewed your post I see no need to wait longer. You hit the Ilwrath once, but he rolled a stun so he has only one AP next turn. Bach used a Medikit and thus has 2MOV/1AP left in case he wants to position himself better. Waiting for Wubula and Dabir. A small reminder, tomorrow will be the last update before my trip. I'd like to have at least thisturn resolved by then, even though it looks like a cliffhanger.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 11, 2009, 08:48:38 pm
Wawa, smoke grenade. Now. 10 or even 7 (if the eastern Synth decides that the 25% chance of his fire killing the Ilwrath is too high) strikes will kill or at least badly injure Sukuzu.

Summary: E
IC: The smoke... Bach is sure that the grenade is of human production, but the smell is so horrid, so utterly disgusting, as though the very touch of the succubus had corrupted the device, filled it with infernal energies. Bach is glad to get out of the cloud once and for all.

EDIT: Forgot I have already used up 1 AP this turn. Crap... using the medkit was a bad move.

EDIT 2: Question for Lukipela: If a cloud of smoke is between me and my target, but neither of us is in the smoke itself, can I fire at him? Only execute the above move if the answer is "no". Otherwise I pass this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 11, 2009, 09:55:56 pm
OOC: I think what Yetiers said was the best. Just wait in the safety of the cloud and throw a granade. Too late now though.

IC: Wubula moves E S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 12, 2009, 05:53:10 am
EDIT 2: Question for Lukipela: If a cloud of smoke is between me and my target, but neither of us is in the smoke itself, can I fire at him? Only execute the above move if the answer is "no". Otherwise I pass this turn.

If your both out in the open but on opposite sides of a smoke cloud, you can't use ranged. I take it you pass the turn and don't move anyhow, also noted Wubulas move. Dabir left.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 12, 2009, 11:01:16 am
Take it to mean that I do move E. At least as long as Wawa agrees to use the smoke grenade afterwards.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 12, 2009, 08:21:36 pm
As Bach moves out of the smoke, the Androsynth he wounded stares at him with hatred in its eyes.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/23uvxz.png)

OOC: I'll keep an eye open for Dabir, in case he manages a post before I hit the sack. Otherwise the game resumes next Friday

EDIT: Ok, that's bedtime for me. If Dabir doesn't post before I'm back then I'll give the Arilou to someone else ;) Take care everyone, I'm going to enjoy a well earned holiday in the land of rain.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 12, 2009, 11:05:41 pm
Have a nice trip and rest well for holidays - we expect you to comeback ASAP and be fresh and ready for new chapters in SC: BEL and SC: OP ;D  ::)  :D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 13, 2009, 01:03:05 pm
OOC: Damn, couldn't make it to a computer yesterday. Enjoy your holiday Luki.
IC: Wawa hangs back and hurls its own smoke grenade forwards, trying to provide cover for its teammates.
I'm throwing the smoker at the Androsynth smear, with that square being the top-left of the middle four.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 20, 2009, 02:28:15 pm
As the second smoke grenade explodes, the enemy seems even more confused. The Ilwrath surges forward, despite shouted commands from the Androsynth. In the thick smoke it's gaping maw finds Sukuzu unprepared. Searing pain and shock fill his mind. The Androsynth outside the smoke heads for the northern door, while his comrade stumbles inside the smoke.

Map

(http://i44.tinypic.com/2m461dv.png)

OOC: Ilwrath moves forward and attacks, scores two hits. Sukuzu gets a stun and two fails, earning him a -1AP and a -1HP. New turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 20, 2009, 02:35:41 pm
IC: *shakes the blood of his fur and leaps* Grrrrrrrrrrrrraaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *melee the Ilwrath till death* uses paws of fury E

OCC: Welcome back Luki!  :D

EDIT:

Also, damn, once again I lose the chance of gaining a new XP because Son is quicker to post than me.

Ninja'd!  ;D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 20, 2009, 03:06:09 pm
Sukuzu rips the wounded Ilwrath to shreds.

Map

(http://i44.tinypic.com/289lblw.png)

OOC: Bullseye and a hit.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 20, 2009, 04:46:31 pm
Summary: S
IC: Bach steps aside, his rifle rendered useless by the thick smoke.

OOC: Welcome at "back" place, we is wish Lukipela many the good thing.
Also, damn, once again I lose the chance of gaining a new XP because Son is quicker to post than me.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 20, 2009, 05:51:55 pm
Confident that the rest of the team can handle the Androsynth in the smoke, Wubula moves back N W to try to cut off the other Androsynth.

Edit: OOC: Waiting if Dabir revises his move. If Wawa gets the Androsynth near the door, there's no reason for Wubula to try to cut him off on the other side.
Hehe: If Wubula doesn't move, Wawa can't perform his original move. :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 20, 2009, 08:50:17 pm
Wawa expands on its 'death-dealing battlemage' act by stepping N and using Psychic Slap on the Androsynth by the door, picking up on its teammates worries that the clone may call for reinforcements.

OOC: Mage walks into room. Mage uses lightning. EVERYTHING dies.

EDIT: Move and gender-identification adjusted due to complaints.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 20, 2009, 10:13:27 pm
OOC: Dabir: Wait, if you are going to use Psychic Slap, better step N and use it on the other Androsynth, preventing it from calling for help.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 20, 2009, 10:35:41 pm
OOC: Alright, move changed because of people who strategise as if that ever helped anyone. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 21, 2009, 02:51:57 am
OOC: Ok, then Wubula can stay in the room.
IC: Wubula stays where she is, weapons at the ready.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 21, 2009, 01:43:15 pm
The wounded Androsynth is hit by an unseen force, felling him to the floor and extinguishing his life essence.

Map

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2qxymvo.png)

OOC: Ok, so by my count Bach has 1 AP/2 MOV left, Wubula isn't using her turn and the others have used theirs. I assume Bach won't be moving any more, but I'll wait for confirmation for a bit before moving the enemy. By my counting the first smoke grenade empties when your next turn starts, unless I'm off.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 21, 2009, 02:53:39 pm
Not moving. Move along. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 21, 2009, 03:18:28 pm
The remaining Androsynth stumbles out of the smoke, discipline broken and only thoughts of escape in his head. Meanwhile, the smoke from the first grenade dissipates.

(http://i43.tinypic.com/e0pvmh.png)

OOC: New turn, unless I counted wrong three turns have passed for the first grenade (including the one where it was deployed). The second grenade has this and next turn left. Also say hi to Wubulas new sprite.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 21, 2009, 03:28:08 pm
Summary:N E
IC: As the last False Man abandons the battle, Bach lunges in his direction. "The power of God Almighty has routed the foul aberrations! Forward, allies -- let us finish this!"


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 21, 2009, 05:03:03 pm
OOC: Yetiers: that move would have you standing in Wubula's line of fire... May I suggest that you let her move first?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 21, 2009, 05:19:37 pm
Remember you can't fire through a smoke cloud.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 21, 2009, 05:57:04 pm
OOC: That makes sense, but the smoke granade rules only say "Anyone inside the smoke cannot use ranged attacks or be attacked by ranged weapons.". Maybe "Ranged weapons cannot be fired through smoke" would be better. And I guess Yetiers can ignore my suggestion.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 21, 2009, 08:43:32 pm
OOC: I'm pretty sure we went over firing through smoke a few pages ago. In the meantime, I seem to recall that grenade weapons can be used through smoke. If I step S and throw a spike grenade 4 squares E then the 'synth might cop at least some damage, and one enemy's not really worth wasting a 'proper' grenade on. For safety's sake this had probably better be done before Suzuku's move. Good idea or not?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 21, 2009, 08:52:06 pm
OOC: Not sure it's worth the spike granade either.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 21, 2009, 08:55:21 pm
OOC: I'm for it, you should definitely do that. Let the grenades fly!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 21, 2009, 09:12:34 pm
@Meep: If we've got to the stage where we're relying on the blockable spike grenades to work as part of a plan, we've got problems. They seem to me to be more "make your life easier but it doesn't matter if they don't work too well" tools. Tools, incidentally, which I have another of. So unless there are any other objections...

IC: Glad of an opportunity to get rid of the hateful and yes, maybe slightly cumbersome contraption, Wawa brings itself in line with the fleeing clone and puts as much effort as it can into hurling a Spike Grenade 4 squares E. Revenge for the spikes that Wawa itself could barely dodge! Wait a minute... thoughts of revenge? From an Arilou?

Wawa has clearly been spending far too much time around Shofixti, and begins to wonder if there are such things as mind-allergies.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 21, 2009, 10:26:45 pm
Somewhat unrelated, but I just remembered that Sukuzu still has that Pretty Flower. It doesn't seem to have had any effect on anything, maybe it was some sort of easter egg? I feel tempted to suggest that Sukuzu tries to eat it when he has the time, it's "stunning and delicious" so maybe you get -1 AP if you eat it. :P Of course, it might actually have a positive effect, so maybe he could just try to use it before a battle, or when he's wounded.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 22, 2009, 12:03:50 am
Somewhat unrelated, but I just remembered that Sukuzu still has that Pretty Flower. It doesn't seem to have had any effect on anything, maybe it was some sort of easter egg? I feel tempted to suggest that Sukuzu tries to eat it when he has the time, it's "stunning and delicious" so maybe you get -1 AP if you eat it. :P Of course, it might actually have a positive effect, so maybe he could just try to use it before a battle, or when he's wounded.

That's what I had in mind first time I picked it (that's why I picked it in the first place), and that's why I "nagged" to Luki when I saw it was gone from my current items list at one time...but seeing how "our GM" easily neglected it, I'm not so sure now that it has any real value (Supox youngling/permanent stat booster/instant full heal/power/ability granter etc). But that flavor text is simply to compelling...Maybe it wasn't an easter egg at first, but there's a chance that Luki made it into one after (re)reading our previous (and these) posts; sure hope he did such a thing  ;) but still I'm not gonna use it just yet - there's a chest in this room waiting to be opened - and Gods I hope there's a medikit among the other loot - and I believe I should keep it until we face an Ur-Quan or something. Something bigger and more ominous than the poor andros we just sliced and diced. Don't ask me why, I just have that strange gut hunch  :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 22, 2009, 04:41:29 am
OOC: Dabir: I bet there will be situations where you could hit two enemies with that spike grenade. That wouldn't be "relying on [it] to work as part of a plan", but we would be making more use of it like that. Not that it's a big deal; we're bound to encounter more of those things.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 22, 2009, 12:26:32 pm
OOC: Meep, yeah it's not in the text yet, vacation has me a bit behind. It was discussed in the thread with Yetiers a few pages back though.

Am I missing something here? If Sukuzu moves E E E that places him in the Andro's N E corner. If Wawa then moves S and throws the grenade 4 squares ahead, Sukuzu will be at the impact centre, taking three potential hits. Is this really what you want to do? Remember that I execute moves in turn of posting. The hits aren't parriable, they just have a 50% chance of hitting btw. I sugest you rethink your posts slightly. Still, if you change nothing I'll update this later tonight and have Wawa blow Sukuzu up.

Just so you know the flower had a dual purpose from the beginning, and still has.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 22, 2009, 12:44:18 pm
Hey, maybe Wawa can try to psionically scan that flower after we clear the room. We might not get any useful information, but it's worth a try.
Dual purpose... hmm...

EDIT: Looking back I can see that Sukuzu planned to do just that, but forgot because we encountered Vogar. And I also see that the eastern rocks had begun to emit a strange buzzing once he picked up the flower, and he himself made some weird buzzing noises as he passed. Maybe Sukuzu should be examined by Wawa too? Oh and the rockfall, assuming there's some door that can quickly get us to it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 22, 2009, 02:31:50 pm
@Luki: Can you just play the Wawas post first and then mine? Or I should delete my post now and repost it immediately after deletion so it comes after the Wawas?

EDIT: Ok and done.

Just so you know the flower had a dual purpose from the beginning, and still has.

 :D neat :D

OOC: although it looks nice and fits the Wubulas character better, I liked the previous art more than the current; it's not that I don't appreciate the effort - congrats to Dabir, he's doing a great job - it's just that this new Syreen seems a bit disproportional...and I like space amazons better than space amaTons  :P still, hi ;)

IC: Sukuzu finishes his disembowelment feast with a quick snap of the Ilwraths neck, just to be sure, and after he hears the Earthlings cry and realizes that the room is almost secure and that there is only one enemy left, he runs through the smoke E E E and tries to catch up on the fleeing andro. None shall escape, if I have to SLAY something on that matter he thinks, аѕ the shroud becomes clearer and clearer with each step that he makes.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 22, 2009, 02:41:47 pm
@Luki: Can you just play the Wawas post first and then mine? Or I should delete my post now and repost it immediately after deletion so it comes after the Wawas?

The rules are that I execute them sequentially, not in the order you think is good. So yeah, if you don't want to go first then you should delete your post and repost it. Right now I can just scroll down and execute each persons move, if we start messing with that it'll take me much longer to go through what actions to execute and in which order.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 22, 2009, 06:12:36 pm
Wawas spike grenade detonates with a satisfying boom, sending serrated spikes flying. The Androsynth twists and ducks, but fails to dodge all the shrapnel. Sukuzu runs through the smoke, preparing a finishing blow.


Map
(http://i41.tinypic.com/107kif6.png)

OOC: Everyone but meep has moved, and -1 HP for Synth


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 22, 2009, 07:06:20 pm
OOC: Don't we get to see what's in the square with the corpses that Sukuzu walked over?
OOC: "Movement is halved within the smoke, rounded down.": What exactly is rounded down? The number of squares you can move, or the number of movement points used?
IC: Wubula moves E N (N).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 22, 2009, 07:23:37 pm
It has been said above that it actually means that moving through smoke (which includes entering a smoke cloud and leaving it) takes 2 MOV (so you can only move E N).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 22, 2009, 07:47:25 pm
Yeah, I apologize for not updating the smoke part yet, but this is my final vacation day so I've left what I consider the non-essentials for tomorrow. Although I suppose writing that would have been faster than writing all this :). Oh well. But as has been discussed somewhat confusingly in the thread, moving one tile in smoke takes 2 MOV instead of one, you can't fire or be fired upon in smoke, and if there is smoke between you and your victim you can't fire at them. Grenades and melee works normally.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 23, 2009, 04:31:18 pm
As Wubula glides into the smoke much like an ocean liner into the sea, the Androsynth realises that he will never make it without being run down by the furry one. Desperate to buy himself time to escape, he hefts his stun baton (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57837#msg57837) and does his best to slow down his enemy. The first hit glances off Sukuzu, it's shocking sting temporarily disorienting him. The wounded Androsynth fails to take advantage of this, and the second blow whistles harmlessly past Sukuzus head.

Map:
(http://i44.tinypic.com/2a4r911.png)

OOC: Androsynth scores two hits on the first strike, and Sukuzu parries one. Misses completely on the second strike. Sukuzu has -1 AP. New turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 23, 2009, 04:47:41 pm
Wubula moves E (to begin with).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 23, 2009, 04:53:24 pm
Bach keeps running. E E.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 23, 2009, 08:54:56 pm
Our heroes shuffle through the blinding smoke.

Map

(http://i40.tinypic.com/64edsl.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 23, 2009, 09:29:47 pm
IC: *shtlunk * Claws at ready. Strike now, strike true *lunges at andro and aims for the eyes* uses paws of fury E


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 23, 2009, 09:50:44 pm
Deciding that as it stands he will likely be unable to help, Wawa moves N-E, towards where he remembers the chest to be.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 24, 2009, 05:52:24 pm
Sukuzus rage filled attack is deftly avoided by the Androsynth, battle reflexes kicking in. The baton swings again, and once more Sukuzu feels the bite of the electroshock. Rifling through the corpses she has stepped into in the thick smoke, Wubula finds several items of interest. Some she picks up immediately, others she muses over. The smoke from the second grenade now dissipates, leaving the room clear once more.

Map:
(http://i39.tinypic.com/2lc9uh3.png)

OOC: Sukuzu rolls two hits on his first attack, both are parried. Androsynth swings twice, first strike causing a hit and stun, second causing a hit and parry. End result, Sukuzu gets -1AP. As I'm writing this I recall that wubula had one AP left, but unless she objects strenously I'm going to go with this. If you want a free move in any direction, let me know meep.

EDIT: meep loots the bodies:

 Wubula automatically picks up the following items: Stun Baton (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57837#msg57837), 2 Spikes (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56678#msg56678). Left on the ground is a Paingiver (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg56677#msg56677) and a Personalised Handgun (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57871#msg57871)(Locked). As you are already carrying two weapons, you'll have to decide if you want the Handgun or not.

Now that you have two melee weapons you'll have to declare which you are using when attacking, but switching between them does not cost AP

New turn. I thought Yeti posted already, but he apparently changed his minds. Free for all as usual.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 24, 2009, 06:43:14 pm
Actually, Wubula wants to use that AP to loot the corpses.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 25, 2009, 08:10:48 am
OOC: Ok, that didn't work  :P Let's try it again!  ;D :

IC: Seeing that this "new" adversary is more of a challenge than the weakling Ilwrath apprentices, Sukuzu gladly continues to fight. This will be much more fun than I thought, he thinks. Maybe I could even zap him with the leftover of electric discharges that are still in my body. And I know just the spot for that.  He aims for the groin this time.

Summary: paws of fury E (I can't remember it at the moment but we're not allowed to run through the enemies right?)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 25, 2009, 08:44:21 am
OOC: If the Synth is still alive, execute the following move:

Summary: E attack_melee (N) attack_melee (N)
IC: While the False Man is occupied with the Unclean, Bach sneaks in from the side, knife at the ready. He strikes.

OOC: Otherwise, just move E N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 26, 2009, 04:20:18 am
Our first day without an update (not counting the vacation break)  :o ...feels...so...strange  :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 26, 2009, 07:37:44 am
Our first day without an update (not counting the vacation break)  :o ...feels...so...strange  :P

Sorry, I  came home from work at 17, our guests arrived at 17.30 and left at 22.30. Since I get up at 05.35 in the mornings I skipped out on updating after that. You're going to have to get used to it I'm afraid :( I'm going to visit my parents for the weekend, leaving tomorrow. That means that either Friday or Saturday (possibly both) will be update free. There'll be an update this evening though, so if Dabir and meep have posted before that we'll be able to move a whole turn forward.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on February 26, 2009, 06:14:12 pm
I'll step E and pass on the rest of my turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 26, 2009, 06:23:14 pm
OOC: Dabir isn't going to open the chest? Oh, well, then Wubula will. She can always give away what she finds.
IC: Wubula moves E and opens the chest.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 26, 2009, 09:02:57 pm
Sukuzu lashes out, paws moving faster than can be seen. The Androsynth is worn down by battle and doesn't even see the strike coming, claws ripping open his jugular. A pitiful gurgle emerges as he keels over, his blue blood staining the cold stone floor beneath him. Wasting no time, Mr Bach moves in to scavenge.

Meanwhile, as Wawa makes some strategic moves, Wubula leaves the carcasses behind and moves towards the chest. Opening it, she finds a veritable trove of treasures. A note (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57899#msg57899), Androsynth Armor (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57901#msg57901) and a chemical cocktail (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57900#msg57900) goes directly into her inventory. The unlocked Handgun left in the chest gleams enticingly.


Map: (http://i43.tinypic.com/2dm58q1.png)

OOC: Sukuzu hits the Androsynth with a bullseye, finally putting him out of his misery. After that we're not in combat anymore, so actions don't consume AP. So at this stage, Bah has 2MOV/1AP left, and Wubula has 3 MOV/2 AP left. Wawa apparently passes on his turn.

As Wubula didn't let me know if she wanted to pick up any weapons I assume she didn't want to. The same thing applies now though, if she wants to grab the handgun she'll need to let me know what weapon she wishes to drop. She's automatically picked up everything but the gun. The unlocked Handgun won't lock to her because she picks it up, but to the first person wielding it. After that only this person can used it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 27, 2009, 07:24:01 am
Wait, what!? The Androsynth only had 1 HP left!? I thought he had 2!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 27, 2009, 07:44:53 am
Whoops, right you are. I was sure Sukuzu had wounded him once already, but apparently he had only been hit by the spike grenade. Good catch Yeti, thanks.

Luckily it doesn't matter, Sukuzu rolled 1 bullseys, 2 hits and a miss. Rerolling the Synth's parry dice shows that he'd have failed to parry the second hit, so integrity is preserved. I'll go edit the flavour text and OOC later on to reflect this.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 27, 2009, 08:45:06 am
Luckily it doesn't matter, Sukuzu rolled 1 bullseys, 2 hits and a miss. Rerolling the Synth's parry dice shows that he'd have failed to parry the second hit

IC: When Sukuzu laid his final blow to already wounded foe, something odd happend; a quick flash surged in his mind and spread across the room. Sukuzu felt as if he had some strange type of deja vu. Suddenly he realizes, his tail bristled and upright,  that something in the fabric of the Multiverse will be changed very soon...*another flash*...a drop of cold sweat falls from his neck on the floor...and he starts to grin. It seemed as if the andro died under his claws, with blood pouring from his groin all over the room...twice in a row. Fortune was on his side this time. Hehehe, you sure are sorry that you zapped me now, you stupid clone. :D Yesss - never mess with a Shofixti Grunt, especially if he's pissed! And believe me my dear dead fren', I sure am pissed *plucks out a spike from his behind* Sweet sweet sweet paws of fury of mine, you have never failed me *kisses&licks his paws* If I only had a holo-camera... *sigh* Not sure that everyone saw what happened, he decides to keep the knowledge of the latest events to himself *minds his own business* ;)

OOC: And also either something strange is going on or some sort of "dead-body-removal-unit-bot" got activated tnx to our constant killin' spree (12:0 for the Away Team for now btw :D ); in short - what happened to one of the Ilwrath corpses in the central hallway (the one we entered this room from)? I sure hope it's an art bug, not some ominous space monster taking a snack while sneaking on us :P *spathi syndrom* ;D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on February 27, 2009, 11:47:10 am
OOC: Looks like a memory buffer overflow problem. The system can only handle so many sprites at a time, and I haven't had time to patch it up for the added and improved content. i'll have to debug it and increase the stack, then re-compile. That's going to take a while.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 27, 2009, 05:17:02 pm
Wait, you've actually written (or have had someone write, presumably meep) a program for this, or was that just a joke?

And also... NOOOOO!!! I am no longer the one with the most XP! I am a defeated warrior! A worthless shell! (OK, this would've worked better if Son said it)

EDIT: As for the mission... give me the Cocktail (I can use it to its full potential of 3 HP, and am more likely to get hurt than Wubula), Sukuzu should put on the armour, and let's go north, to the locked door, where presumably the Synth was to report after having put on the armour. Presumably, wearing it will open the door, because we can't disguise ourselves as Androsynth (not even Bach) -- they're clones. Oh, and Sukuzu is only 2 XP short of a full heal, so maybe he shouldn't use a medkit to heal. Ah, and Wubula should use the Personalized Handgun, Sukuzu will have his hands full with melee so he'd make less use of that weapon.

But first, let's have Wawa inspect Sukuzu and the Flower. Please.

Also, why haven't I looted the Androsynth's body? Do I have to specify that I want to do so? Oh well...

Summary:S W
IC: Bach smashes the dead clone's face with his boot, and carefully removes his eye with his knife, wrapping it in leftover bandages from the medkit and placing it into his pocket; this might prove useful in opening the locked northern door, and is a good reminder of the fate that all False Men must suffer. He does not take anything from the abomination's body, lest the vile energies in its weapons and equipment hamper his prowess.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 27, 2009, 06:44:27 pm
Sukuzu should put on the armour

What for? I would get no bonus from it because the parries are not "stackable"...are they?! If they are then every armor in the game would be a "broken" item  :P And as far as I can see, pretty soon we'll be up for some infiltration and spying and sneaking (quest #2 anyone?) and I can pass as an Andro as much as a lemon can disguise itself as Jupiter. Wubula is too blue. Wawa is too green. And I'm (in addition) too darn fuzzy. You're the best choice for this suit of armor, trust me on this one.

As for the other items I have no interest in them, and yup, I'll try to go for that level up mega heal.

But first, let's have Wawa inspect Sukuzu and the Flower. Please.

I second this.

Bach smashes the dead clone's face with his boot, and carefully removes his eye with his knife, wrapping it in leftover bandages from the medkit and placing it into his pocket; this might prove useful in opening the locked northern door

IC: Seeing how Grunfeld deftly plucked the eye out of the dead clone, Sukuzu looks at his Earthling comrade with curiosity and understanding: Ahh, my hunam fren' is making a fetish necklace to prove his qualities to the females of his tribe. Seems to me like we Shofixti and you Earthlings are not that much different in the end *walks closer to Bach* But let a veteran hunter share a few tips with you: take the thumb too and the forefinger. Or you can take all 5 fingers from his right hand if you just want to prove your manliness. Paws an...I mean feet and ears are also good choice, as well is tongue if you want to show your possible mates what are your true qualities. Don't be afraid to go for some other, more...secluded parts...or even entrails *comes a bit closer and whispers*...some females find that very attractive - if you know what I mean *grins at Bach and gives him a wink*  ;D  ;D  ;D



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 27, 2009, 07:05:19 pm
OOC: I wonder what the purpose of that note is. Flavour? Telling us that the name of the Androsynth is DOS 1.0? Giving us a hint to disguise as an androsynth? The latter sounds pretty unlikely, as the Androsynth are clones, though I guess it is possible that the Ur-Quan doesn't know the different Androsynth bodies. Or one of us (Bach probably, being a human) could wear an Androsynth face as a mask (as if that would work). Maybe we'll find a helmet or something later.
As for the 12-0 score: we are through a lot of supplies, and now it appears there is a second floor too.
So what do we do with the goodies? I guess the armour is of no use to Sukuzu and Wawa will be at the back most of the time. So probably Bach or Wubula. As for the gun, Bach already has a 3 strike weapon, Sukuzu will mostly use close combat, and Wawa is too weak to wield it, so I agree with Yetiers that Wubula should have it. I'm for giving all the spikes to Wawa, who's the only one for whom the paingiver can be preferred to another weapon.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on February 27, 2009, 07:31:24 pm
the name of the Androsynth is DOS 1.0

OOC: What's this? A code? An acronym? I can't remember of it all right now, but I know the clones are superior to Humans in every way and science oriented, but is there anything in the core lore that can give us some hint about their names and their meaning (SC1 maybe?)? I'm unable to find it...and it smells like homebrew material to me. Btw I like homebrew  :D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on February 27, 2009, 08:26:34 pm
OOC: DOS 1.0 is the name of one of the Androsynth captains in Melee. See here (http://wiki.uqm.stack.nl/References#Androsynth) for what these names (may) refer to (with unfortunatly some speculation).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on February 28, 2009, 08:16:44 am
OOC: Assuming that the parries are indeed not cumulative (which kind of makes the item too weak, I'd say -- maybe have the parries be cumulative, or have more of them, but have the armour be a limited-use item, like the Protective Charm), let's have Bach wear it then. I've changed my last move to S W, to be able to receive the armour easily.

IC: Hearing the blasphemous words of the dog-demon, Bach erupts in righteous fury. "AWAY FROM ME, SPAWN OF SATAN! How dare you tempt me with such a vile act!? I am not a debauched monster like you and your breed -- I am a servant of God, and I have never laid my eyes upon the shameful parts of any woman, be she even of the virtuous kind! To use devil entrails -- why, you even proposed using their male organs! -- to tempt whores... this is utter blasphemy! I will be lenient this time, demon, but know that should you ever try to tempt me again, God's Light shall purge you from this world, amen!"

He then turns around, and whispers to himself, "But maybe I am a hypocrite. Should I have come here? Maybe I should have died a martyr the day I was captured, not betray my faith and my God, fighting alongside demons." Then he begins to pray -- in a normal voice this time, for demons fear prayer. "O Most High God, Thou who art above all things mundane and fleshly, enlighten Thy humble servant in his hour of need..."


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 01, 2009, 06:55:53 pm
IC: Wubula puts the paingiver in the chest and picks up the Androsynth handgun.

OOC: Now if Wawa moves closer, Wubula will give him/her the spikes and then move S (or E, depending on Sukuzu) and give the armour to Bach.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 01, 2009, 07:12:49 pm
OOC:

Quote
Wait, you've actually written (or have had someone write, presumably meep) a program for this, or was that just a joke?

Just kidding.

Quote
Also, why haven't I looted the Androsynth's body? Do I have to specify that I want to do so? Oh well...

Yeah, you need to tell me what you want to do, otherwise it doesn't happen.

Quote
What for? I would get no bonus from it because the parries are not "stackable"...are they?!

No they aren't. That armour is a very basic Synth armour, so it doesn't give you much of a bonus.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 01, 2009, 07:17:04 pm
Wubula picks up the enticing weapon as Bach and Sukuzu squabble.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/xgeh08.png)

OOC: Bach has used up his MOV, but Wubula technically still has 3 MOV/2 AP left. Since Wawa skipped this turn I'm going to declare a new turn to get things rolling again. Free for all, and only movement and opening doors consumes AP. Wubula can use the leftover MOV this turn if she wants, but I'd rather start a new turn than wait for a long discussion on whether Dabir can "Unskip" his skipped turn or not.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 01, 2009, 08:08:26 pm
Wawa glances around the room and its eyes alight on the body near the door. It steps S-S-E, attempting to manouvre its way tactfully around the argument towards whatever bounties may be found on the ex-Androsynth.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 01, 2009, 08:24:54 pm
Wubula gives the spikes to Wawa (to start with).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 01, 2009, 09:01:01 pm
Hey Dabir, no love for our proposal to psychically scan Sukuzu and his Flower?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 01, 2009, 09:45:21 pm
OOC: Sure was quiet around here for a few days...and now - a post avalanche  :)  :D And really Wawa - scan me! SCAN me please!  ;D  :P  :P

IC: Taken a back by Earthlings "lecture", Sukuzu steps E slowly from the (un)holy human crusader glaring at him with fire in his eyes, giving his best to control his anger. Mission objective is what matters...think on the mission...forget about that paranoid diarrhea-mouth puke-brain fools blabbering. He's not worth it *he thinks to himself*  You try to be friendly, you try to help and this is what you get. Blah, damn humans. And what the hell he meant by calling me spawn of sateen?!? SATEEN?!?!? My fur is totally natural, not one hair is artificial, let alone made of sateen! Arrrghhh. >:(  ;D After that he decides to walk away E E E N S S S W W (circling carefully around Bach) and to cool his mind off a bit, mumbling to himself *no wonder* *grumpy all the time* *mumble* *never got* *mumble mumble* *sweet love* *no wonder* *pffft*  and do some possibly fruitful exploring. Sukuzu spotted an irregularity on the south wall the moment they entered the room, but had to wait until now to perform some research on that matter. He sniffs and searches the wall for secret entrances, checking it with his paws for cracks or loose elements.

OOC: The part of the map that is south of the beds is still under "fog of war". Could there be a secret door or something? Opinions?


EDIT: I'm gonna go and check that "art flaw" as you called it, just to be sure. It sure sounds better to do that than to open the door (and stay with 0 MOV) and probably face trigger happy andro squad or something even more ominous with a *duhhh* look on my face:P


SUMMARY: 4 E, N

EDIT2:
Tnx Luki, duuhhh it is.  ;D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 01, 2009, 09:56:52 pm
As Suzuku moves t'ward the door, Wawa notices the mysterious humming Flower. With little else to do, it *looks* at the flower, checking for any latent psionic activity or possible signs of such. It also quickly checks over Suzuku as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 02, 2009, 03:15:37 am
OOC: The part of the map that is south of the beds is still under "fog of war". Could there be a secret door or something? Opinions?
Well, we never went through the main entrance. Perhaps it's just a corridor, or a broom closet. Then again, there is that suspicious indentation south of the second bed. Probably a graphics flaw though.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 02, 2009, 12:00:48 pm
Well, we never went through the main entrance. Perhaps it's just a corridor, or a broom closet. Then again, there is that suspicious indentation south of the second bed. Probably a graphics flaw though.

Yep, that's a graphics flaw. The black space is a thick stone wall, one of the supporting structures in the temple. Not every tile in the temple is accessible. I'd suggest Sukuzu edit his movements, there's nothing whatsoever there.

EDIT: I'll update when I have Yetis and meeps move, or tomorrow evening, whichever comes first. Sukuzu also has a few steps left, I assume he isn't using them?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 03, 2009, 11:24:36 am
Summary: E E E N
IC: Still praying, Bach heads towards the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 03, 2009, 11:55:41 am
Sukuzu also has a few steps left, I assume he isn't using them?

You assume correctly.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 03, 2009, 12:05:55 pm
After giving the spikes to Wawa, Wubula moves E E E E and gives the armour and the cocktail to Bach.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 03, 2009, 12:33:51 pm
That would have you standing inside Mr Bach.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 03, 2009, 12:59:01 pm
Oh, we wouldn't want that. Let's make it E E E.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 03, 2009, 03:21:20 pm
We wouldn't want Bach inside Wubula either, ugly as she is. OK, she would probably want that...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 03, 2009, 04:09:00 pm
We wouldn't want Bach inside Wubula either, ugly as she is. OK, she would probably want that...

This is IC, right? ::)  ;D ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 03, 2009, 05:03:59 pm
Wubula may be an alien from a planet with almost no males, with her best days behind her, but she does have standards.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 03, 2009, 06:11:56 pm
Nah, that's just her way of rationalizing her inability to woo Bach. Seriously, who wouldn't like buff fanatics with a buzz cut and tattoos?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 03, 2009, 06:20:10 pm
As our heroes take up position, Wawa is once again left behind. Still, he reflects, he now has more spikes for his weapon. Not dwelling on his slowness he focuses on Sukuzu and the flower he carries. There are weak traces of... something. The plant itself was not sentient, but it was dimly aware in the way most living things are. This dim awareness seems to be punctuated by sharp glimpses of something else. Something more intelligent, or at least more aware. While this is oddly intriguing, something else is more worrying. On some level Sukuzu is now connected to the dead plant. There is a bond of sorts, probably forged as the flower perished. A psychic marker identifying Sukuzu to whomever looks for it. While the marker itself is not complex,  it is tightly woven into Sukuzus being. Removing it might cause side effects best not suffered in the heat if battle. Once they return to their craft, Wawa will have to take a closer look at this.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/aa7jtk.png)

OOC: New turn love-birds, lets get moving.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 03, 2009, 06:24:22 pm
Hmm... one of my earlier guesses (I didn't post it, I think) was that all the living things on this planet are connected in a Gaia-like super-organism/hive-mind. That would explain the psychic abilities of the green aliens. Or maybe there's just some sort of hive-mind-like alien entity that the plant was a part of, and the Synth are researching ways to use this Gaia/hive-mind/entity as a weapon. Probably I'm wrong, but we'll see.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 03, 2009, 08:54:26 pm
IC: Sukuzu waits a sec, shakes his head, looks behind at his teammates as if looking for confirmation and then opens the door as quietly as possible, ready to act on danger.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 03, 2009, 11:53:19 pm
Troubled by its findings but determined to continue nonetheless, Wawa steps E-E-E, keeping an eye on Suzuku.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 04, 2009, 05:07:21 pm
Sukuzu opens the door and finds a surprisingly small room behind it. That's not the only odd thing about the room though. The Androsynth quarters were clean and orderly, but this place looks like it doesn't belong in the temple at all. The floor isn't rough stone, but rather a smooth white material of some sort. The walls appear to have been covered by the same material as well and are very clean without being too clean. To his right, Sukuzu can see a stylish chair which looks both practical and aesthetically pleasing. On his right, a large poster depicting a waving Androsynth soldier covers a large part of the wall. The poster caption reads "The Androsynth army. Proud, fierce and stylish"

Directly in front of Sukuzu is another door. His sharp hearing picks up a murmured conversation on the other side, although he can't distinguish any words above the pleasantly relaxing music that is being broadcast from a small white loudspeaker in the roof.


Map
(http://i44.tinypic.com/2l9jz3d.png)

OOC: Nothing happened so far. On you go. Oh, and don't laugh at the chair. I'm not good at chairs.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 04, 2009, 06:29:52 pm
OOC: Maybe two of us should go in the other way.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 04, 2009, 06:41:10 pm
Let's have Sukuzu enter through the other room and I'll enter through this one (the room has more "height" than "width" so, since I use ranged combat, I can use fewer MOV to get to a good shooting position). Wubula, too, is a good ranged fighter so she could go with me, so Wawa will have to go with Sukuzu.

Let's just specify where we want to land (e.g. Wubula next to this door, Bach right next to Wubula etc.) and have Luki fast-forward the turns for us.

Hasn't Wubula holstered her Personalized Handgun yet? Oh, and her Stun Baton. (I suppose, even if it has charges left, she can use it as a blunt weapon?)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 04, 2009, 06:53:29 pm
OOC: Maybe two of us should go in the other way.


OOC: Should you choose to do this, please post a lot of turns at once so that I can move you quickly.

Also, this is now the number one topic on the forum at least based on amount of posts. Woo!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 04, 2009, 07:16:31 pm
OCC: I'm for the meeps idea/Yetis plan, lets make some haste now - we may even catch that room occupants by surprise. Also it might not be a bad idea if Wawa used his psychic radar, there's a number of great places for that power now where he can employ it to maximum effect (by the energy door would be the best spot by my calculation).

Also: can I carry Wawa on my back so we can put this tactical regrouping into turbo?

IC: With the plan set in motion Sukuzu zooms to his position as quickly as possible

TURN1: W W W S W W

TURN2: W W W W N N

TURN3: E E E E E N

TURN4: N N N N N N


EDIT:
I'll wait with my post until we reach a consensus concerning our immediate actions. And what are the chances for Sukuzu to get a medikit? I sense danger ahead. Too much danger for 4 HP heavy Shofixti. Or should I stick to the level up magaheal plan? Hmmm.

EDIT2:
Ok, lets play along. And Wawa should be SW from the "chair room" door so he can pop in and help if the need arises but far enough to flee effectively.

IC:
Sukuzu moves N and stays put, ready to act on command.

Also, this is now the number one topic on the forum at least based on amount of posts. Woo!

Nice.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 04, 2009, 07:30:36 pm
Summary: E N; wait 3 turns
IC: Still meditating, Bach slowly paces towards the door. "Succubus, you go first this time. My wounds are hindering me. But bear my words in mind, thus spoke the Lord God: that the last shall be first, and the first last."


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 04, 2009, 07:42:39 pm
OOC: I'm thinking that it's better that Wubula comes along with Sukuzu, as we are faster, so if we find out that the rooms are not connected after all, we can come back. Also, for the same reason, the people going to the far side should not stand directly at the door opening, but only at the beginning of the corridor, ready to shoot at anything which might come out, but still close enough to turn back.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 04, 2009, 08:01:03 pm
I don't know, you're going to lose some precious time if we discover that both doors do indeed lead to the same room (and battles tend to be quick in SC:BEL), and Sukuzu is fast enough to flee from the enemy should it prove overwhelmingly strong (that is, if he opens the northern door and finds out that it doesn't lead to the same room as the southern one). Wawa is slow, though, so he might want to avoid getting too close to the door. But he can just use Psychic Radar beforehand and we might find out that they're not so many after all.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 04, 2009, 08:35:08 pm
If Sukuzu would need to flee, the creatures inside can cross the corridor and spread the word of our arrival. The southern exit should definitely be opened first.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 04, 2009, 08:40:38 pm
Maybe we could just have Bach and Wubula go to the other door, and Sukuzu and Wawa could wait here, then.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 04, 2009, 09:48:01 pm
That would work. Though Wawa can't flee very quickly.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 05, 2009, 10:13:51 am
OOC: Since you seem to have decided on opening both doors at once, I'll make things even easier. Right now there is nothing moving in the corridors between these two points. So I'll use my magic speed-up abilities, and fast forward X number of turns. Let me know where your character wants to be standing when the new turn begins (In front of south door, east of south door, in front of east door, north of east door and so forth) and I'll move you there. This way you don't have to post itinearies for the whole trip.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 05, 2009, 12:15:23 pm
meep: Well, no one said that Wawa has to stay next to the door, he/she could wait a little further. I'd suggest the door of the room we're currently in (the western square, the one in the corridor).

As to my move, I'm going to stay west of the northern door (meaning not right in front of it, but the next square to the west -- that is, the square that has the other door).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 05, 2009, 05:20:43 pm
Lukipela: No, not at once. Just standing at both sides, and only opening the second door if we can see from the first one that they lead to the same room.

Wubula will be standing right in front of the northern door.
The southern door should be opened first.
Having Wawa scan the area is still an option.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 05, 2009, 08:46:28 pm
So then we are just waiting for Wawa before I declare a new turn, since Sukuzu is pretty well placed already.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 05, 2009, 11:27:08 pm
Wawa darts N-N-E, taking up a position next to its furry teammate, ready to strike should anything emerge from the door...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 06, 2009, 07:17:49 am
No, Sukuzu isn't well placed. He should be 1 square N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 06, 2009, 07:33:50 am
Good point. Sukuzu, you want to move?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 06, 2009, 07:42:02 am
Oh, and Wawa, you might want to wait somewhere more remote from the door, in case you and Sukuzu need to flee.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 06, 2009, 09:51:50 pm
Bach and Wubula make their way through the deserted corridors, tense and ready for action. As they approach the two doors they notice a few details. The door to the right looks as most other doors in the temple, a sturdy door of a wood like material. The sign next to it reads "Sergeants office". The door on the left is another matter. The door is made of some sort of metal, and is ornately decorated with images of Ilwrath sacrificial victims bound in a variety of uncomfortable poses. On both sides of the door, a large steel ring has been fastened to the wall. Lying discarded by the door is a metal beam. The sign by the door says "Command Centre". From within, you can hear electronic beeps, and a buzz of conversation.

It looks like the old temple dungeon has been remade into a command centre. This would explain why the prisoners you discovered were found in such a flimsy prison. By sliding the beam between the steel rings, you could block passage through this door for quite a while before its inhabitants managed to free themselves. On the other hand, the command centre may contain valuable information regarding hierarchy activities here, but is sure to be heavily guarded.


Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/az9irr.png)

OOC: Got tired of waiting. New turn. If you choose to lock the room to the west, it will take whoever is in there 4 turns to break through the locked door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 06, 2009, 09:57:08 pm
Sukuzu, you want to move?

I posted that I moved Sukuzu N in my previous post. Why I'm not by the door now?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 06, 2009, 10:06:29 pm
Summary: slide beam between steel rings
IC: "Wait, succubus. The enemy has set up a command centre in this godforsaken torture chamber. I'm blocking the door and then we can move on; demons are best faced divided -- and indeed divided they are. There's you and your "Alliance of Free Stars" (as if anyone can ever be free without God!), and then there's the Infernal Hierarchy... One is the Truth, and many are the faces of folly. Now radio the dog, tell him to wait a second." Bach cannot help inserting yet another snide remark, "If of course that is not beneath you."


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 06, 2009, 10:09:40 pm
I posted that I moved Sukuzu N in my previous post. Why I'm not by the door now?

I don't what you're talking about. You are clearly by the door. Didn't you want to talk about flowers?

For future reference, if you go back and edit posts that are quite far behind the last post without adding making a new post, there is a possibility that I'll miss them. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Also what is that in your avatar?

EDIT2: So are you going to open the door? 
                               I
                              V


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 06, 2009, 10:18:11 pm
I don't what you're talking about. You are clearly by the door. Didn't you want to talk about flowers?

For future reference, if you go back and edit posts that are quite far behind the last post without adding making a new post, there is a possibility that I'll miss them. Sorry about that.

N-o-t-e-d-,  p-r-e-t-t-y  f-l-o-w-e-r-s-, w-i-l-l  g-o  a-n-d  s-m-e-l-l  t-h-e-m  n-o-w.  ;D

EDIT: Also what is that in your avatar?

It's the torso of the most powerful Ainur and the First Dark Lord of Middle-Earth Morgoth Bauglir, also known as Melkor, after he stole the Silmaril jewels and made them a part of his crown.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 07, 2009, 08:22:50 am
Heya, in case what Bach just did takes 1 AP, I think it's better if we wait 1 turn before barging in.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 07, 2009, 08:27:01 am
In a no combat situation it didn't consume any AP, only thing that does that is opening doors and moving. It's a new turn, you've all got full AP and I hope someone will open a door soon.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 07, 2009, 11:22:45 am
@Luki: How come I don't hear anything from the room? Because there's nothing to hear? Or because these are two separate rooms? Or something else? Hope there is less than 4 andros in that room though :P

And what now team? Are we barging in simultaneously (cause I waited for that second to pass and it did)? If so, just say when. And Wawa - ready whatever psionic mumbo jumbo you have left cause I'm all up for storming to my new level and full HP bar filled with fresh hit points. Yummy.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 07, 2009, 11:35:13 am
@Luki: How come I don't hear anything from the room? Because there's nothing to hear? Or because these are two separate rooms? Or something else? Hope there is less than 4 andros in that room though :P

You do, I clearly stated so in the second to last update.

Directly in front of Sukuzu is another door. His sharp hearing picks up a murmured conversation on the other side, although he can't distinguish any words above the pleasantly relaxing music that is being broadcast from a small white loudspeaker in the roof.

As for the beeps and conversation the others are hearing out, that's coming from the command centre that Mr Bach just locked. The door on the left, not on the right.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 07, 2009, 11:37:23 am
Whatever we do, before opening any doors we should wait for Wubula to holster the Personalized Handgun and the Stun Baton.

Then, meep-eep's plan was that Sukuzu opens the southern door, and if it turns out to lead to the same room as the northern one, we barge in, otherwise Sukuzu retreats and we regroup.

But it has occurred to me that we might have been able to find out whether it's the same room by having Sukuzu use his heightened senses to hear what's behind the northern door; if he hears that loudspeaker playing music again, it's probably the same room. Too late for that though.

EDIT: I remember that I had this idea earlier, before we moved, but forgot to post it. Oh crap.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 07, 2009, 11:42:14 am
My flower sense is not tingling then :P Ok. I was just hoping that I'll be able to hear the conversation better if I were to move closer to the door. Before we do anything else I use my new flower-enhanced senses to scan the room, if I can use them in that manner at all.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Yeti  ;D

EDIT2: Can I pick up the chair? And use it as my secondary melee weapon? Hm? Can I? *blink blink* ::)  :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 07, 2009, 12:04:16 pm
I think we may be  miscommunicating on a few issues. Firstly, the loudspeaker is in the room where Sukuzu is now. He heard a low murmur of conversation form the northern door, but can't make it out over the soothing relaxing and surprisingly funky music. Bach is standing next to the command centre door and can hear quite a bit of noise from in there. Wubula, who doesn't have Sukuzus sharp hearing can't hear anything behind her door. But she hasn't heard anything through doors before either.

Also, there are no flower sharpened senses. The psychic marker identifies Sukuzu to anyone who knows what to look for. Identifies in which way? You don't know. It doesn't offer him any advantages, it's like a psychic ID badge you can't read.

And the chair is stylish and you suspect it'd be rather comfortable. It looks fairly light and the materials have been picked with comfort rather than impact in mind, so it'd probably crumple lightly against an enemy.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 07, 2009, 11:10:49 pm
IC: Wubula wields the stun baton and the Androsynth handgun.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 08, 2009, 10:10:15 am
Wubula has armed herself. Anyone up for opening a door?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 08, 2009, 12:44:05 pm
IC: With Wawa as his backup, Sukuzu confidently opens the door and prepares himself for whatever horrors may lay within.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 08, 2009, 04:17:05 pm
"... and the Ilwrath won't give you much trouble, just stay away from the priests. Welcome aboard DOS 1.0 (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58115#msg58115), I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to..." The Androsynth Sergeants (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58114#msg58114) speech is cut off as a door suddenly swings open. Most privates know better than to interrupt one of his meetings, especially with new staff, so it must be something important. Both he and the latest recruit turn towards the door, curious but unaware of the mortal danger they are in.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/2dkmh48.png)

OOC: Not every room is chock full of enemies.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 08, 2009, 04:24:55 pm
Wow, that guy's fists deal as much damage as my knife!

Seems the two-pronged attack wasn't necessary after all. And that the sergeant probably has the card to the blue steel door.

EDIT: Wait, the card is on the desk, I didn't notice it. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 08, 2009, 04:43:16 pm
Yeti - lets kick that souped up bastards ass. Grenade style. Wubula can go E S fire, so you can enter and E E N grenade the clone king followed by me going N W grenade him for the second time (or in a opposite order if you want the XP ;) ) + Wawa storming from behind providing us with much needed psionic backup if things get out of hand (but I don't see how could they). The poor DOS 1.0 won't have time to blink in the second round when we mob him up. Optionally you can try and roast them to oblivion, while we back you up. Huh, what say you? Sounds good to me.

+ I think we just found our key card ;)

EDIT:
Ninja'd! again :P

EDIT2: And shouldn't Wubula be carrying the Personalised handgun now?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 08, 2009, 04:49:48 pm
Two grenades for some stupid sarge? Nah, let's just do this the old-fashioned way. Let's show this DOS guy the Blue Screen of Death and then we can deal with his friend. Wubula should Confuse the sarge after that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 08, 2009, 05:14:10 pm
EDIT2: And shouldn't Wubula be carrying the Personalised handgun now?

Yeah, my mistake.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 08, 2009, 07:03:28 pm
OOC: The Androsynth have the Never Surprised skill. I suggest that Sukuzu goes W, and that we skip the rest of our turn. We can then attack when the Never Surprised bonus has worn off.
Optionally, Wubula can open the door and then move N, while Bach moves E S. This has the advantage that they have one more movement point available next turn, but there is an increased risk that the Androsynth go for the west exit, moving out of Sukuzu and Wawa's range.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 08, 2009, 08:34:35 pm
That's true, on second thought we shouldn't attack now. All we can muster without grenades is 5 strikes, with a ~20% chance of killing DOS (wow, that's way lower than I would've expected).

We might want to open the door (moving N/E S, as meep suggested), and then Wubula could use Pheromones on the Sergeant when he gets near. We want him neutralized ASAP, DOS has 4 strikes in melee while the sarge is alive, and once he gets a handgun from the locker (assuming it has handguns), he'll have 5 ranged.

Regarding Pheromones (and Psychic Flash) -- if the door was open and a Synth was on the other side of it, but one square to the south (or north), would he still be affected by Pheromones/Flash?

EDIT: Also, if the Sergeant is affected by Pheromones, does it count as being killed with respect to the Leadership ability? What about when he's Confused?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 09, 2009, 04:20:35 pm
IC: After hearing the conversation between the two andros, Sukuzu quickly signals in sign language to Wawa to wait and darts W climbing on top of the stylish guard chair and sits perfectly still, hoping that the teams infiltration attempt will stay successful. He eagerly awaits for clones to make their move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 09, 2009, 05:56:42 pm
Wubula waits.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 09, 2009, 08:27:02 pm
Ok, two people left if they want to move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 09, 2009, 08:36:04 pm
I pass as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 09, 2009, 08:44:32 pm
Dabir? Move or not?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 10, 2009, 10:53:25 pm
Wawa simply stands around and traces lines on the wall. Do they mean anything? Who knows? Who cares what the crazy greys do anyway? They're not hurting anyone, so just ignore them and their potentially ominous wall-drawing.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 11, 2009, 02:59:08 pm
From within the rooms our heroes hear footsteps, and then a surprised gasp.

Map:
(http://i43.tinypic.com/ifwn6o.png)

OOC: Not sure I'll have time to do the map before our guests arrive once I get home, so I'm doing this instead. You all know where you are, and I'll update the map into the thread as soon as I can. The Androsynth have moved, but you can't see anything inside the room, it's all grey. New turn, time for you to move. Since you've had time to find out about the Androsynth Never Surprised is no longer active.

EDIT: Got it done just before they arrived. Have fun!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 11, 2009, 05:48:14 pm
OOC: Let's move Sukuzu E (for now) to see what the positions of the enemies are -- if we want to move him, he'll have to go E anyway, and if we don't he can come back any time.

IC: Bach is getting impatient. "Let us not delay the judgment of these demons any more, succubus. We are in no position to besiege them -- open the door and then the holy wrath of God shall cleanse this place. But of course, you fear the wrath of God, do you not?" He readies his weapon and steels his heart for the battle that is to come.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 12, 2009, 08:41:13 pm
Just a heads-up that I probably won't be able to post until Monday as I'm going on a pioneer weekend with my band, so someone else will need to control Wawa. If it turns out that there is internet access where we're going I'll post, but it's unlikely.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 13, 2009, 09:08:36 am
Wawa is relegated to Sukuzu for the duration of Dabirs absence. meep and Son, in about 6 hours it will be two days since the last update. If I don't see you posting and continuing the adventure in some fashion before 3 days have passed (i.e tomorrow at 4 p.m finnish time, 3 days after my last update was posted) I'm going to have to disqualify you and see if there is anyone else around to take over your characters. If new players can't be found, I'll negotiate with the active players and see if they wish to take over your characters as well. Worst case scenario, I close the thread and prepare a new and smaller mission for next time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 13, 2009, 09:50:37 am
OOC: I"m waiting for Sukuzu to move before I decide on Wubula's move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 13, 2009, 12:07:06 pm
IC: *sniff sniff* can't smell *sniff*  where they are *sniff* their perfume is too strong *sniff sniff* damn *sniff sniff*...Unable to pinpoint the exact location of the dreaded andro commander and his new associate by his keen sense of smell, Sukuzu takes a quick sneak peek and moves E to learn about their current whereabouts, keeping low as much as possible. He signals to his comrades via team-comm "I'm going in. Prepare for inevitable." and puts the safety off...*click*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 13, 2009, 03:00:11 pm
As Sukuzu nimbly jumps off the chair, he finds himself face to face with MS-DOS 1.0. Inside the room he can also glimpse the sergeant,  who has moved away from his desk. They both look grim, and ready for battle.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/bgbsjr.png)

OOC: For some reason the forum won't let me edit the first post any more, so I can't switch Wubula to the personal handgun there. She does still have it in-game of course. Is there some way to fix this, or do I need to quote to the post and place it somewhere else to be able to update it?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 13, 2009, 03:08:43 pm
IC: Stunned for a moment by andros quick reactions, Sukuzu decides to react in the same manner - Kyaieee!!! *goes frenzy* paws of fury x2 N (2AP)

OOC: I too had problems with loading the forum page today, it "crashed" a few times with firefox reporting some sort of domain error :P Maybe too many members were online today causing the site to crash or something...it could happen ;D ;) better ask meep what's up.

EDIT: seems you've got it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 13, 2009, 03:36:13 pm
MS-DOS 1.0 doesn't stand a chance against the razor sharp claws that tear into his soft clone flesh. Without an armour or even weapons, his life essence pools around him on the floor as the light in his eyes fade. The Androsynth Sergeant still can't quite make out the attacker, but it is clear that he has seen the damage done. He yells a challenging insult, preparing himself for battle.

Map:
(http://i39.tinypic.com/dyucmr.png)

OOC: Sukuzus first attack scores two bullseyes and a hit that is parried. His second attack scores a further bullseye, killing the enemy. Remember that you're in charge of Wawa until Monday as well, unless Dabir posts something.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 13, 2009, 04:06:11 pm
IC: Wubula opens the door.

OOC: Wubula only has one AP left after opening the door, so she can move E and attack once. I suggest that Bach goes E E N first and attacks from there, so that Wubula won't stand in his way. Alternatively, Bach could be the one to open the door, and then the roles could be reversed. (Lukipela: is that allowed, Bach postponing part of his turn while standing in an occupied square?)

OOC, OT: There is a 60 day limit set on the age of postings after which they can't be edited anymore by non-moderators. I don't really want to raise that limit; if anything, it should be lower. Luki, would you like to be a moderator for the Starbase Café? (If the rest of the UQM team is OK with that.)
OOC, OT: SoA: I don't quite get what your problem was, but maybe your nameserver was unavailable for a while?

Edit: not opening the door quite yet.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 13, 2009, 04:15:04 pm
IC: Wubula opens the door.
OOC: Wubula only has one AP left after opening the door, so she can move E and attack once. I suggest that Bach goes E E N first and attacks from there, so that Wubula won't stand in his way. Alternatively, Bach could be the one to open the door, and then the roles could be reversed. (Lukipela: is that allowed, Bach postponing part of his turn while standing in an occupied square?)

It's alright to pass through squares that are occupied by team-mates, but not to stop in them. So Bach can pass, open the door and move into the room, but he can't just open the door, because then you'll briefly be occupying the same space.

Quote
OOC, OT: There is a 60 day limit set on the age of postings after which they can't be edited anymore by non-moderators. I don't really want to raise that limit; if anything, it should be lower. Luki, would you like to be a moderator for the Starbase Café? (If the rest of the UQM team is OK with that.)

That depends. I'll happily take moderator status if that's the easiest way for me to edit my old messages. But would I be expected to perform any real duties? I dunno if I've got  much interest in mediating on the board, not that it needs much mediating. I could clean spam and such I suppose. Alternatively I could just make a new thread with the current stats, that'd hold for 60 more days, and then repeat if we're still playing.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 13, 2009, 05:02:05 pm
As a moderator, people should be able to turn to you for moderator tasks. But there isn't much need for that in practice.

Creating a new thread would work for the stats, but I can imagine that there are other postings in the units/items thread which you may like to revise from time to time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 13, 2009, 08:01:46 pm
As a moderator, people should be able to turn to you for moderator tasks. But there isn't much need for that in practice.

Fair enough, editing the units/items list will be a pain without moderation status. If the rest of the team are all right with me moderating, I'll be happy to do so. I doubt it'll be really taxing, and I'll try to avoid jumping the gun.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 13, 2009, 08:46:03 pm
Regarding our next move, Sukuzu should ideally be allowed to kill the sarge because he'll get a full heal after he does that; he doesn't have many chances of doing this without someone damaging the Synth first, though, and even if we attack him next turn, 7 strikes is all we can muster, with only (almost) 50% chance of killing him; I say Bach and Wubula should move S S S S, so that the sarge can't attack us this turn, and so that we are ready to flee if need be (or to attack him with full AP if we really have to). Besides, I have no intention of letting him hit me with 6 strikes at once, and probably Wubula doesn't want that either.

Sukuzu's next move, assuming the Synth attacks him, should be to fire his handgun at the sarge, then retreat to safety, forcing the sarge to come closer or use the door.

Alternatively, we could open the door now and have Wubula Confuse the Synth, then I could melee him for some extra damage and Sukuzu could finish him next turn. Seems a good occasion to use Confusion, we'd gain a level for Sukuzu and avoid damage.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 13, 2009, 10:06:05 pm
Hmm... I didn't look at those stats closely enough. But S S is good enough if the Androsynth still has to open the door.
I'd rather save the Confusion – we don't know what's still to come. We however still have a medikit and Sukuzu won't even need it if he levels.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 14, 2009, 06:01:31 pm
We should move at least 3 squares south, as I am not as good at melee as I am at ranged. It seems it will take the hostiles in the command centre at least 3 more turns to manage to free themselves, (fleeing from them was why I wanted to move 4 squares), so no need to go further.

Summary: Assuming Wubula moves S S: S S; assuming she moves S S S: S S S
IC: Wubula refuses to open the door, preferring instead to keep a silence so unnerving, so utterly deafening, that Bach almost gives in to his anger, to his urge of killing her. Still, he restrains himself in the last moment, knowing that the time for this has not yet come, and takes a better position a little further away from the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 15, 2009, 12:44:07 am
OOC: Bach can do with one move less than Wubula. Wubula can get out of melee range the next turn if necessary, as just the one move doesn't waste an AP.
IC: Wu moves S S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 15, 2009, 06:18:37 am
OOC, OT: SoA: I don't quite get what your problem was, but maybe your nameserver was unavailable for a while?

@meep: No it wasn't that. When I tried to open/reload the forum page I was redirected to a different page telling me that "the domain this site is using is invalid" and what are the possible solutions/causes for the problem, but I didn't bother to read it all (I was in a hurry). All pages except for UQM wikia were unavailable. It happened around 8-10 times in succession somewhere between 10 and 12h , forum time. After that, somewhere around 15h, everything was back to normal and the problem did not appear again (and I hope it won't appear EVER again cause I panicked for a sec that 2 months of gaming and all was lost. FOREVA. :o  :P but now I'm fine, heh ;D )


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 15, 2009, 08:16:57 am
OOC: Bach can do with one move less than Wubula. Wubula can get out of melee range the next turn if necessary, as just the one move doesn't waste an AP.
IC: Wu moves S S.


What do you mean? If the Androsynth moves N open_door W S, I will have to have moved S S S or I won't be able to attack him from a non-adjacent square. If I move S S S and Wubula moves S S, she won't be able to retreat after having used both her attacks (you apparently can't move even 1 square if you don't have any AP left), so I will have to fire through her, so she has to move S S S as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 15, 2009, 11:20:10 am
The squad regroups as it prepares for battle.

(http://i43.tinypic.com/11mdduv.png)

OOC: Just Wawa left, and if I recall correctly Sukuzu commands him until Monday unless Dabir pops up


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 15, 2009, 11:48:58 am
Wawaweewa

IC: Eager to put his mind to some more action and after hearing the sounds of massacre ahead, Wawa steps E and peeks over metamarsupials shoulder searching for targets upon which he could unleash the full extent of his psionic might. But, alas, there were none in range and Arilou decides to wait for some to appear feeling safer while covered by his teammate rather than to jump into the front ranks (passes the rest of his AP). Strangely enough, standing on the andros fresh corpse didn't make him to feel unease at all. He wonders if this Shofixti influence could have some positive effects on his character...maybe, but probably not.

Summary: E pass

and if I recall correctly Sukuzu commands him until Monday unless Dabir pops up

Forgot about that one for a sec, all good now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 15, 2009, 03:22:26 pm
The Androsynth Sergeant moves swiftly to find out what is happening. As he reaches a better vantage point, the blood appears to drain from his face. Beyond the two enemies, he can see the carnage they have already wreaked upon his fellow Androsynth in their quarters. Realising that he will not be able to outrun this enemy, he instead holds fast and prepares to sell his life dearly.

Map:
(http://i44.tinypic.com/2wdu61c.png)

OOC: New turn, go go go!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 15, 2009, 03:28:12 pm
Sukuzu, as I said earlier, I recommend firing your handgun at the sarge (once, as you can't move once you've exhausted both your AP), then retreating W. Retreat Wawa W as well, of course.

This way, he'll either come close enough for you to melee him with both AP, or will use the door and be killed by Bach and Wubula.

Summary: N N E
IC: Informed via radio by the dog-demon that the only remaining foe is departing from the door, Bach prepares to sneak in from behind, if need be.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 15, 2009, 10:31:33 pm
OOC: ok Yeti, I was thinking more or less in the same way you did so:

IC: Not even done with disembowelment of the late mr. MS-DOS, Sukuzu raises his snout covered in azure blood in answer to the sounds coming from the far side of the room, just to see a new delivery. Big one. Nicely wrapped. And quite well armed. Sukuzu licks his lips. He instantly spots the melee weapon hanging on the right side of this new foe, and his alpha male instinct kicks in into the equation: "Ahhh, the leader emerges. Now that's a true challenge *reloads the gun with his teeth* nof as tfose loufy andfo prifates *click click shtlunk* Wawa my friend - to battle again! A decent opponent awaits us for a duel...and it's not polite to let him wait. *points the gun at the sarge* And yeah... *grins* that saber is mine. *pulls the trigger* *BLAM BLAM BLAM* *jumps into cover and waits with a hell smile across his face*

Summary: fire Handgun N, retreat W



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 15, 2009, 10:55:34 pm
Wawaweewa

IC: Amused with the cocky display of his fuzzy comrade, Wawa chooses to join the ongoing party and practices his fighting skills some more *smiles widely*  Why not? *raises his Paingiver somewhat slowly and gives the sarge a hard look, psionic energy brimming in his eyes* You picked a wrong Arilou for a fight today...my vagrant grandchild *KATACHING* *lets the spike fly and moves back behind the wall*

Summary: fire Paingiver N, retreat W


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 16, 2009, 12:11:49 am
OOC: Bach can do with one move less than Wubula. Wubula can get out of melee range the next turn if necessary, as just the one move doesn't waste an AP.
IC: Wu moves S S.

What do you mean? If the Androsynth moves N open_door W S, I will have to have moved S S S or I won't be able to attack him from a non-adjacent square. If I move S S S and Wubula moves S S, she won't be able to retreat after having used both her attacks (you apparently can't move even 1 square if you don't have any AP left), so I will have to fire through her, so she has to move S S S as well.
Wubula could have started her turn by moving S. That would still have allowed her to shoot twice, while being closer to the northern door.
You're right about Bach though.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 16, 2009, 06:57:32 pm
I'm now resuming control of Wawa, and would just like to mention that it's great to see that Son hasn't done anything I wouldn't have done.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 16, 2009, 07:30:18 pm
Sukuzus gun sings a merry song, one bullet penetrating the Sergeants armour and ripping into his soft cone flesh. Dazed by the pain, he fails to avoid the ferocious spike Wawa fires. The shot does not ring completely true, but the ripping tearing pain is enough to both wound and stun the Sergeant. Blue blood mixed with milky white fluids spaters on the floor.

Map:
(http://i42.tinypic.com/33fgg1t.png)

OOC: Sergeant loses 2 HP and is stunned. I also apparently forgot to fire with him last turn. Bah. So he has 2 HP left.  Bach has 1 AP/1 MOV left and Wubula hasn't moved. I assume Bach isn't moving, but what about our favourite Syreen?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 16, 2009, 07:36:54 pm
If Bach opens the door, Wubula will move N N E. If Bach doesn't, Wubula will move N. I prefer the former.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 16, 2009, 08:35:30 pm
Summary: open door
IC: Just as Bach opens the door, Wubula darts in from behind, obscuring his line of fire. His anger becomes uncontrollable, and he cannot help but cry, "Goddamned whore! Go back to the hells that spawned you and leave us god-fearing mortals alone!". He resolves to kill the succubus first, and painfully, tearing her piece by piece, leaving just enough alive to scream.


EDIT: Big mistake, we want the Synth attacking Sukuzu so that Sukuzu can kill him.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 16, 2009, 11:30:19 pm
I'm now resuming control of Wawa, and would just like to mention that it's great to see that Son hasn't done anything I wouldn't have done.

Ty and you're welcome any time ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 17, 2009, 04:38:11 pm
The heroes position themselves and prepare for battle. From within Sukuzu can hear laboured breathing and shuffling movement.

Map:
(http://i39.tinypic.com/1rbscn.png)

OOC: Ok, I'm off to edit your stats. New turn, go for it. Darn, sukuzu should have too shots less. I made way too big clips for those wepaons btw. Oh well, next update.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 17, 2009, 07:08:04 pm
IC: Sukuzu makes a careful step E, handgun at ready.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 18, 2009, 04:14:27 pm
Rounding the corner and eagerly anticipating battle, Sukuzu spots the Sergeant. He is heading towards the chest in the corner, slowed down by his serious wounds. Hearing movement behind him, he tries to speed up, but to no avail.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/fymmb.png)

OOC: Nothing new to add here. I'm really irked that I forgot about the Sergeant having a gun.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 18, 2009, 04:34:46 pm
I say Sukuzu should attack the sarge; if my calculations are correct, then even if Sukuzu misses his ~50% chance of killing the sarge right now, the sarge only has a very small chance of being able to kill him in one turn.

EDIT: It seems that my calculations were correct, and the sarge has a chance of about 3.7% of killing Sukuzu.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 18, 2009, 04:37:59 pm
OOC: I'm gonna storm his ass. I'm gonna storm his ass right now, I soooooo want that saber. And that level. Back me up team if things get out of hand.

IC: *AWWWWWWWWWW* Sukuzu releases a howl that could make the VUX shocktroopers to shudder and then he runs N N N to meet his enemy on the open face to snout. "Prepare to go through the gates of death and gaze upon the true life! Your end is at hand, clone!" "DIE!" he screams and a powerful blow across the andros spine follows the shout (use paws of fury).

EDIT: think I'll quote metabarons some other time, the new punchline seems to be more up to the task ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 18, 2009, 04:46:32 pm
Sukuzu charges, but the Sergeant sill has a few tricks up his sleeve. He twists and dodges, causing Sukuzu's punches to miss their target. Still, not even a well disciplined Androsynth can come away from such an encounter without any damage. Sukuzus last punch connects, deflating the Sergeants lungs but causing no permanent damage.

Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/se7im8.png)

OOC: Sukuzu hits twice, Sergeant dodges one and takes a stun hit on the second.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 18, 2009, 04:58:12 pm
Summary: pass
IC: Hearing sounds of battle from within the room, Bach reflects that the best strategy in dealing with the divided, and prone to in-fighting, Unclean is to let them annihilate themselves whenever possible, and only intervene to help the underdog, or when the fight spills out and affects the innocent. Judging by the human-sounding shrieks of pain, the dog-demon clearly has the upper hand, but it would be suicide to attack him yet; he therefore decides to wait and witness the outcome of the fight.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 18, 2009, 05:04:09 pm
Wubula moves N, opens the door, and continues E.

OOC: Bach can still fire at the Androsynth, preventing damage for Sukuzu (if successful), but stealing his kill. The Androsynth is stunned, so Bach will survive even in the worst case scenario.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 18, 2009, 05:21:57 pm
Wawa dashes E-N-N to watch the outcome of the fight.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 18, 2009, 05:23:01 pm
I'm not stealing Sukuzu's kill, he needs that XP.

Still passing the turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 18, 2009, 05:33:19 pm
OOC: Seems I'm gonna get that saber ASAP, but not the way I wanted :P but he has no where left to run so its rest in pieces for the sarge in two turns tops. And one curiosity: I think that this is the first time that all of us, players and the GM, are online at the same time; hope it lasts :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 18, 2009, 06:14:03 pm
Luki apparently decided it wasn't worth it to post an update so early. In his place, I'd have posted one, BEL has been going to slowly anyway, and our moves were pretty sensible, so it was clear we don't intended to change them.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 18, 2009, 06:32:22 pm
Luki apparently decided it wasn't worth it to post an update so early. In his place, I'd have posted one, BEL has been going to slowly anyway, and our moves were pretty sensible, so it was clear we don't intended to change them.

I agree that we've slowdown a bit, but I'm also glad that we lasted for more than 2 months now, it's a nice score. And who knows for what reasons he's off... :P After all BEL is just a game, nothing more. Maybe he found some slim Arilou chick or something, or went for a snack, got out to get wild&crazy...can't blame him for that 8) just be happy that he keeps coming back ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 18, 2009, 07:02:26 pm
Swinging his sword, the Sergeant attempts to go down fighting. He has been trained well with his sword, but Sukuzu knows some tricks of his own. Paws swinging, he uses his sharp claws to parry each blow with ease. A shocked expression on his face, the Sergeant stares at the demon before him.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/2q3ypl2.png)

OOC: Sergeant gets two hits, Sukuzu parries both. New turn.

Quote
Luki apparently decided it wasn't worth it to post an update so early. In his place, I'd have posted one,

Now if only you would do the dishes, cook food, pay bills and all the other stuff I've been doing since I updated two times this afternoon as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 18, 2009, 07:07:35 pm
OOC: OK, sorry, I didn't know you were so busy.

Summary: E S S E
IC: Looks like they've reached the point of no return, Bach thinks. I'm barging in at the climax. He then immediately pales, realizing the devilish innuendo in his thoughts. I am clearly not worthy of this mission. Being so close to these demons must have darkened my soul.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 18, 2009, 07:13:04 pm
IC: Amused by the apparent dexterity of the androsynth sergeant and his lack of skill in the melee Sukuzu decides to give him a few practical tips on general neck ripping techniques and proper use of slashing weapons for no fee: use paws of fury W (at full AP of course). He's happy to see that the audience is finally showing up to watch the duel and puts some more finesse into his blows to keep the crowd on fire 8)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 18, 2009, 07:21:52 pm
Assuming that the Androsynth is now solidly dead, Wubula moves S S E S and opens the chest.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 18, 2009, 07:51:18 pm
Sukuzu's claws tears out the Sergeants throat, cutting his struggle for survival short. His body collapses on the floor, as that final spark of life leaves his eyes. Taking advantage of the situation, Wubula waddles over to the chest and pries it open, her thick fingers searching for loot. She finds two more chemical cocktails (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57900#msg57900), but other than that, the chest contains nothing much of interest. Some personal belongings, official paperwork, things required to keep the operation running. Rifling through the paperwork, the only thing that catches her eyes is the mention of an Ilwrath High Priest. That such a dignitary should be present here is unexpected. Ilwrath high priests are very important in the Ilwrath society, and the loss of such a leader might well cause chaos and disarray among the Ilwrath forces.

Task: Causing wide spread disruption within the Ilwrath armed forces would by the alliance time to reorganize and even push enemy troops back. If you can, find and eliminate this High Priest. (2 XP/person)

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/mcrtz4.png)

OOC: No worries Yeti, and sorry for snapping at you. It's just that I have a lot of other stuff that needs to be taken care of in my few hours of spare time.

Sukuzu gets two bullseyes while showing off. Impressive. That brings his XP up to full, resetting his HP (although I forgot to put that in the map, sorry). Sukuzu now gets to choose a offensive, general or defensive upgrade.

And you've found a new task. All around exciting eh!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 18, 2009, 08:05:44 pm
OOC: hell yeah, hands down the first player EVA' to reach lvl.1 in SC: BEL, bring me on the upgrades baby ;D 8) What's the effect of each upgrade?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 18, 2009, 08:11:35 pm
You won't know what an upgrade is before you've picked your it. Keeps things surprising ;) There are (currently) around 3 levels to each path (Offensive/General/Defensive). General upgrades are mostly stat boosts of different sorts. Offensive and defensive upgrades add abilities or powers, and sometimes very specific stat boosts.

So if you pick a general upgrade right now, I'll let you know what it is and edit your stats. If the next time you reach upgrade status choose a offensive one, you'll get the first level offensive upgrade. If you pick general again, you'll get a second level general upgrade. This way you can choose if you want to maximise your defense/offense/stats, or if you want to go for a more balanced approach.

EDIT: I'll update that tomorrow though, kind of busy right now. But it'll hopefully be worth waiting for!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 18, 2009, 08:14:26 pm
OOC: Offensive it is! :D *opens up his present and looks whats inside*

EDIT: ok, see ya tomorrow then people. And:

IC: *gasp gasp* phew *pant pant* *exhales heavily* cough, cough...exhausted by constant fighting Sukuzu stops for a second to get a breather, wiping the sweat and blood from his brow. All of a sudden he feels a tingling sensation originating from his stomach and spreading all the way to the limbs and back again, a feel that made his whole body shiver like a leaf. At first he could not understand what was happening to him, but then everything became clear like the skies of Kyabetsu in summer...within his mind and body a change was made. Sukuzu then slowly stood upright, his eyes shining like small stars. Then he turned toward his comrades, still in awe, only to utter a few strange words: "Guyz I feel...I feel like...like I've passed an arbitrary experience point limit and...gained more power!"  ;D 8) He shakes his head in confusion, as if he wasn't sure that those were his words...or that he wanted to say them at all...*confused* He then proceeds W to loot the slain clone commander while he's still fresh.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 19, 2009, 12:21:33 pm
Summary: N E E take keycard


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 19, 2009, 07:06:03 pm
Okay, Sukuzu has got his upgrade. The first level of offensive ability for him is Battlecry (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58298#msg58298). I'm guessing there will be a lot of screaming in the future.

Also, Yetis move is noted, but we're still waiting for Wawa before the turn ends.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 19, 2009, 10:33:34 pm
With the clone slain, Wawa gets down to the eminently sensible business of searching the stiffs: Firstly rifling through the personal effects of the body next to him, then rushing N-N-W and ransacking the sergeant, handing the hard-won saber to Suzuku in the interests of time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 20, 2009, 01:20:30 pm
Ok, moves noted. unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to update today, I I know I won't have a chance tomorrow. So unles you see an update in an hour or two, you'll have to wait til Monday Sunday. Sorry guys :(


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 23, 2009, 04:01:36 pm
As the dust settles, our heroes finally have time to look around. The room is neat and clean, very nearly sterile. The Sergeant was obviously a Spartan man, eschewing comforts. Beyond the objects already discovered, only one stands out. A blue keycard. Moving swiftly, Mr. Bach pockets it. The others marvel at Sukuzus transformation. It is as if his wounds were suddenly lighter, and his movements lighter. There is a new light in his eyes. More than ever, he is ready for battle. Wawa timidly retrieves the fallen soldiers saber, and hands it to Sukuzu. He keeps the Stun Baton to himself.

Map:
(http://i42.tinypic.com/15mfypz.png)

OOC: Sorry for missing my update yesterday, unavoidable RL stuff. Anyhow, Bach has 1 MOV left, the others are at full movement.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 23, 2009, 04:39:18 pm
IC: Bach gives Sukuzu a stern look. "Greed is a capital sin, demon. Give me that saber, for I shall make better use of it than you ever could." He does not usually loot fallen demons, but he conveniently makes an exception for very useful equipment such as this, or the Fleshroaster.

OOC: Hey Son, I know you like that Saber, but unfortunately it only has 3 strikes so it'll make you weaker instead of making you stronger (doesn't make much sense IC, but hey, it's a game!).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 23, 2009, 05:17:50 pm
OOC: Wubula will give the Medikit to Sukuzu when they are in adjacent squares. She has still got two cocktails.
So, what shall we do next? Western door or straight through the keycard-locked door? Maybe Wawa could scan what's there?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 23, 2009, 09:32:31 pm
OOC: I think that we could use Wawas Psychic Radar at the NW corner near the blue forcefield for max effect before we venture forth. As for the saber: awww MAN do I have to give it away? :( I know that in the game terms it would fit human better but I so wanted that one as a compensation for not being able to carry  my beloved shword (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dbnql4&s=5) it goes so well with the Shofixti style (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24e289g&s=5) :P (art by zarla, you probably heard for her; she's like a SC goddess and I so want to worship her ;D I'm gonna make a thread tribute for her this instant, she is like the coolest SC fan EVA'! :D ;)). If the team/team leader (Wubula) agrees I will pass my new weapon to Yeti, but I want it sooo much :) Ok for the medikit, tnx meep.

IC: Already pissed by the pompous earthling, Sukuzu inhales deeply still dog tired from the fight, and gives a fierce answer while taking the saber from Wawa with his right paw: "Are you questioning my melee prowess Hu-man?!?! That would be very unwise, especially with all these corpses that I made an example of  backing me up. Spoils of war go to those that earn them with their blood not by loud mouth and smart...or should I say small talk . Unless I'm ordered by a higher ranking officer to pass this weapon to you, it stays with me *licks the blade*...Get it choir boy?" While still looking at the Earthling Zealot he wipes his very own blood from the blade with the clothes of the fallen andro commander. Sukuzu uses the rest of the sergeants clothes for bandages to treat his wounds and to make a rope for carrying his new melee weapon. He then places the saber on his back, moves S W and nods in acknowledgment to the generous Syreen, happy to accept the gift of medikit from Big Mama Wubula. He then slowly paces W N N N and jumps on the table to get a better look of the hallway before he scouts carefully forward...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 24, 2009, 01:46:49 am
OOC: Are you going to walk into walls again? Anyhow, why not start out by going W W?

IC: "Sorry dear, the mission comes first, and Bach needs that weapon more than you do.". In other news, Wubula hands Sukuzu the medikit as he passes by. She then moves N N W N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 24, 2009, 08:45:04 am
As our heroes jostle and move around, they can hear no sounds from outside. the temple lies empty.... for now. The only noise made is by Sukuzu, attempting to jump the Sergeants table. Unfortunately, the rickety table is not a very stable surface, and after a few seconds it deposits him on the floor. Chastened by this, he resolves to avoid climbing on furniture except when necessity dictates it.

Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/20frxz.png)

OOC: Ok, Sukuzu gets Medikit. Bach and Wawa have yet to move this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 24, 2009, 09:07:50 am
OOC: That W and E are too close on the keyboard if you ask me :P and I kinda get to neglect mistakes when I type, that's why I edit so much :P as for my movement, I think I 've apparentely got none MOV left so this IC will have to wait until my nxt turn. Eh.

IC: Angered by apparent injustice that was imposed on him, Sukuzu involuntarily moves E and hands over the saber to the Earthling, blade first, mumbling to himself curses that are better left unsaid.

EDIT: Damn you unstable table! I trusted you! ::) ;D

EDIT2:

You jumped up on your table

Man, I wanted a cold-steel katana and all I got is some crappy table that's barely holding. MAN. I mean, really :P Well then mr.Table, if I already get to have you, I have a plan for the two of us. BFF and all. You bet. And I don't care if you like it or not, you're mine now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 24, 2009, 10:24:59 am
You jumped up on your table with your last MOv, and then fell off, so no MOV left ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 24, 2009, 01:42:46 pm
OOC: Let's go to the western room first and get those XP for assassinating the high priest. We'll get a level for me and Wawa and get Wubula much closer to a level-up, plus some juicy equipment I'm sure. We're not wounded and have lots of medikits and cocktails, we apparently have one smoke grenade left (huh? where did that come from?), and both grenades.

Summary: W W W
IC: Bach moves forward to receive the saber; without even thanking Wubula for interceding on his behalf, he wrests it from Sukuzu's firm grasp and points it to the ground. He utters a prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel, then an exorcism written by His Holiness Pope Leo XIII, to drive away the countless demons that no doubt inhabited the devilish weapon. It will take more than that to infuse the saber with the Holy Power of God, but there is no time for elaborate rituals. Bach raises the sword in the air, chanting "Receive this tribute from Thy unworthy servant Grunfeld Bach, O Thou who art above all and watchest upon even Thy meekest creation! In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.", and holsters the weapon.

OOC: Because Sukuzu can still give me that weapon this turn (if Luki was even serious about him not having any MOV left).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 24, 2009, 03:05:58 pm
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, Amen.

Hehehe :) ;)

EDIT: Yup the saber is all Yetis now Luki. He took it from my disappointed paws while he paced W W W. So you can freely edit the inventories now...*sigh*

Props for PRing and marketing lol :D 8)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 24, 2009, 03:40:44 pm
I'm now supremely confused because of all the editing and crossing out. We've got Wawa left this turn, but did Sukuzu actually give the saber away to Wubula who gave it to Bach? or is he still holding it? While we're waiting for the last party member I suppose we'll go to commercial:

Think the SC universe is a pretty exciting place? Can't wait until it's your turn to fight aliens? Not interested in rolling dice all over the place? check out "Adventures beyond known space (http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1746.0)", a free form RPG in the SC universe. Anyone can join, and everyone gets a vote. Or a half-vote if you're slow. We'll be exploring a magical wonderful world filled of unspeakable horror and maybe some fun stuff.

Oh yeah, and you've one smoke grenade too much. Fwoosh away it goes.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 24, 2009, 08:40:39 pm
Wawa has been uncomfortably close to the revolting stench of blood for quite some seconds now, and daintly steps away from it, moving W-W-N towards the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 25, 2009, 02:45:18 pm
Our heroes once again prepare to set out. Where will they go? What will they find? Only the future will tell...

Map:
(http://i39.tinypic.com/2cnbi8l.png)

OOC: Ok, new turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 25, 2009, 03:19:38 pm
There's a mistake in your map, I moved before Wawa did so I should be where Wawa is now, and Dabir should revise his move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 25, 2009, 04:09:39 pm
Darn, I completely missed your move. Dunno how that happened. I'll go boot the other machine and correct it straight away.

EDIT: Ok, done. Begin new turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 25, 2009, 06:39:34 pm
Summary: N W W
IC: "Forward, my transient allies -- I am eager to test my prowess in battle against the demonic high priest that lies hiding behind this door! As wax melts before the fire,
so shall the wicked perish at the presence of God." Having uttered these words, Bach steps forward and prepares to remove the steel bar blocking his progress. But first he must make an important decision: will he bring the divine justice upon these wicked legions through blazing fire or cold steel? It would be an apt irony, Bach thinks, if the high priest would perish amidst the infernal flames of the unholy Fleshroaster. Still pondering these matters, he waits for the green Unclean to use his devilish powers and catch a glimpse of the foes ahead.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 25, 2009, 07:30:14 pm
Mr. Bach once again enters the corridor. He is struck by the stark difference between it and the Sergeants room. The room was clean and orderly. Despite the lack of decor, the room had an friendly atmosphere, soft light fixtures illuminating it. It gave the impression of friendly effectiveness, a place where things happen in an efficient yet civilised manner. The corridor on the other hand, is dark and damp. Old fashioned glow bulbs of some sort have been crudely affixed to the walls. Beside them old long burned out torches are still affixed with heavy metal armatures. Decades of dust and filth cover the floor, mixed in with what appears to be dried bodily fluids. Pieces of bone litter the corners, as if they had been swept aside by disinterested spider legs clacking across the hard surface. It gives off an aura of barbarism and cruelty, of innocents screaming as their unjust fate approaches. The corridor is a dark and bleak place, fitting for a demon temple on this hell-hole of a world.

Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/9bbomg.png)

OOC: Off you go lads.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 25, 2009, 07:42:05 pm
IC: Still eyeing his I-had-it-there-for-a-moment saber, Sukuzu looks wishfully N at his brand new standard issue stylish androsynth table. Grrrwrr, he thinks, I should have sliced that rotten fleabag Mycon excrement of a human the first time he start...NO. Control yourself. Duty always comes first. Revenge can wait. And I must be patient...nnghhh. He looks at the table again. He shakes it slowly to check its stability again. Hmmm. Maybe I could...Sure...It can't be that hard. He grasps each of the tables legs firmly with his paws and with a few short yanks plucks them all out. He then places the board upright and drills three holes near the center of the board with his claws. Using what's left of the leather straps and clothes he makes a strong banding and shaves it through the holes, tightening them firmly to the base. A few cuts and tweaks later and Sukuzu rises from the floor, a bit sweaty, but with a grin on his face. In front of him was laying the former Mr.Table and now a perfectly good - Tower Shield! ;D Ahhhh, this protective weapon will serve me well, and not only as a shield but also as a movable barrier when laid horizontally, maybe even a battering ram for charging at doors and enemies! And especially for bashing hunam heads...Hehehe Sukuzu you rascal, I knew you were smart, but now you have outdone yourself. Bravo! he thinks to himself ;) Now if I only could find a crayon or two to write some insults on my new weapon of mass distraction here to enervate those Ilwrath dorks some more...He then puts Mr. TS on his back and gets ready to follow the rest of his team.

summary: spends his full AP (2) to make a Tower Shield out of the Mr.Table


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 25, 2009, 07:58:29 pm
Wawa leaps and darts N-N-W, sensing that its human friend wants its aid but knowing not how.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 25, 2009, 08:06:20 pm
Okay, you picked up a Table Shield (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58445#msg58445) Sukuzu. Not very useful for ramming, since you won't be able to pick up much speed while lugging a heavy piece of wood around, but it does offer some protection.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 25, 2009, 08:10:05 pm
I meant all that about the shield just as a gag, but you actually made it into a game item; and all that while on the run :o tyvm, very nice and wow :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 25, 2009, 08:14:17 pm
As Wawa darts into the hallway, he can't help but notice Sukuzus smug smile. The marsupial really enjoys handicraft. Handicraft and flowers. Wawa smiles an inner smile, delighted to be seeing the softer side of his often ferocious companion.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hi9k43.png)

OOC: Well, what's a game without bonus items eh? Wubula left for this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 25, 2009, 08:34:43 pm
OOC: Dabir, I meant you should use your Psychic Radar to see what's behind these two doors -- try moving N W first for added efficiency.

EDIT: The Table Shield isn't very useful for Sukuzu, for whom melee attacks are the main source of damage, and isn't very useful for Bach or Wubula either, who'd then have to spend 1 AP to move even 1 square. Oh well, maybe we'll find a Personalized Handgun or some such for Sukuzu later.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 25, 2009, 09:50:53 pm
Wubula wobbles W W, and then S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 26, 2009, 04:06:57 pm
Wubula waddles out in to the dark dank corridor, leaving a very happy Shofixti smiling in the Sergeants room. Out in the corridor the atmosphere is much darker. Wawa stands around looking confused, as Bach stands around with this regular scowl.

Map:
(http://i42.tinypic.com/w7nfau.png)

OOC: New turn! Woo!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 26, 2009, 05:44:24 pm
IC: Sukuzu walks S E and uses what's left of andro blood pooling on the floor to write a few insults and Shofixti curses on his brand new Mr. Tower "Table" Shield. He carves the lines and then soaks them with azure liquid hoping that he'll make them more permanent that way. Without crayons, blood will have to suffice.  After that he paces N W W N and joins the hallway party whistling some catchy tune (as much as his snout allows him to whistle).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 26, 2009, 06:02:45 pm
The happy Shofixti struts along, smiling. Out in the corridor, his fellows prepare for battle.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2gwi050.png)

OOC: Ok, three more to go.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 26, 2009, 07:56:14 pm
Interpreting Bach's wishes at last, Wawa steps N-W and surveys the area with Psychic Radar.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 26, 2009, 09:17:50 pm
Busy night so I don't have time for another update. Going away tomorrow, but thankfully to a place with internet. Update either late tomorrow night or on Saturday morning.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 26, 2009, 11:28:51 pm
OOC: I'll wait for the results of the Psychic radar.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 27, 2009, 07:59:19 pm
Wawa steps up to the wall, and relaxes its mind. Its consciousness expands, enveloping more than just the body. The first contact is Bach, mind aggressive and hard as ever. It senses the rage within the man, the boiling anger just beneath the surface. Such hatred and pain from a perfect being! Such misery from one so beautiful and precious! Wawa shudders, wondering how Bach can stand to feel that all the time. Next, the mind envelops Wubula and Sukuzu. It can feel the eagerness of the Shofixti, the hot blood flowing through his veins. The loyalty and faith of his stout character radiates through his furry being. Such a delight! Wubula on the other hand remains blank. Enveloping her is like enveloping quicksilver. Her presence glides back and forth, clearly there but not quite readable. Such a fascinating child! How did they stray so far one wonders? As the circle expands, the impressions received grow weaker. Mind spreading through centuries old stone, Wawa senses many small rodents. And then there is something bigger.  Another mind. So far away that thoughts cannot be felt, but it is a sentient being. And it is not a friendly one. As the circle grows, more and more minds appear. As the limit of what ones mind can expand to is reached, Wawa is overwhelmed. So many! So many left! So much pointless killing still to be done! Mind receding, a little marker is lefty on each mind touched. They now glow, even behind walls and doors. They glow and sing. There is no hiding for them now. No mercy.

Map:
(http://i41.tinypic.com/2rfsnkg.png)

OOC:
Ok, those are the enemies within Wawas reach. You picked a really good corner for scanning. Bach and Wubula left this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 27, 2009, 08:47:49 pm
Summary: swap ranged weapon for the Fleshroaster, swap melee weapon for the Saber
IC: Suddenly, a flurry of thoughts storms Bach's mind: alien, demonic thoughts that almost make Bach shudder with fear -- and they carry with them all that the green demon has learned about the places where nearby foes lie. "Is my faith not strong enough, that the fortress of my mind is so easily conquered? Lord Jesus Christ, Thou who hast died on the Holy Cross for our sins, banish this evil from the mind of Thy unworthy servant!", he prays.

As the alien presence leaves Bach's mind, he refocuses on the task at hand and brings the Fleshroaster to bear. It has been decided: the fires of Hell shall embrace the demon priest.

OOC: Not sure if I really made the right choice, but oh well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 27, 2009, 09:16:19 pm
OOC: it's gonna be a big party when we open some of those doors, eh team? Better get ready, grenade time is near. Battlecry too.

IC: Sukuzu feels Wawas mind inspecting his own and lets him freely explore the depths of Shofixti consciousness. He trusts and likes the green Arilou dude so he feels no offense for this, rather intimate, intrusion. He then paces E and waits for the rest of his comrades to decide what to do next.And he's up for more handiwork while he's waiting; (spends his full AP to make another Table Shield).

summary: move W, pass

EDIT: Btw I vote for opening the door in favor of the blue forcefield. Less enemies there and seems somewhat more prudent to do things that way.

@meep: It looks like you're right ;) but jokes aside I do get to mix W and E relatively often like if I'm permuting them or something. Dunno why thou ::) Anyway guyz, sorry for the commotion and walking-through-walls, by no means I want to intentionally confuse anyone or something  :P

EDIT2: greed is good (http://classic.battle.net/war3/cheatcodes.shtml) ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 27, 2009, 10:20:59 pm
OOC: It looks like Son_of_Antares has a QEWRTY keyboard.

IC: Wubula mentally prepares herself for the battle to come.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 28, 2009, 02:38:00 pm
OOC: Bach switching weapons doesn't consume any AP, so he still has full. I assume he's skipping though, since he wants the whole group to be fit for fight.

And the sergeants table unfortunately suffered some casualties when you hacked off that last shield Son. See those fractures? They extend beyond sight into the wood. The rest of the table will fall apart if you try to hack out another shield. It's probably some great cosmic way of learning that greed isn't good for you. So we're in a new turn since Bach and Wubula opt not to move, and Sukuzu gets to redo his move. Everyone has full AP. time to figure out if you want to unlock that one door, or open the big blue one.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on March 28, 2009, 03:34:02 pm
I'm for going through the western door too. We are in pretty good shape and still have a decent amount of healing items (assuming those cocktails work as advertised), and I wouldn't want to be attacked from behind when we go through the blue door (even though we could block the door for a few turns.)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 30, 2009, 10:10:35 am
Darn, I missed Son's edit on the previous page. I'll update once I get home, but til then consider this a new turn, Son one step to the west, all of you with full AP and go.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on March 30, 2009, 12:15:32 pm
Let's have Wawa move S-open door-N, as he's currently the most useless of us, having spent most of his abilities.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 30, 2009, 05:32:20 pm
Our heroes crowd the dank corridor, as they prepare for action

Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/24w91rc.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on March 30, 2009, 09:48:22 pm
OOC: Would I be able to do that, given that I would have to be standing on Bach while opening the door?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 31, 2009, 12:27:49 am
OOC: Would I be able to do that, given that I would have to be standing on Bach while opening the door?

There is no problem with movement as long as you don't end up with no movement points left (MOV = 0) in an occupied square.

So yes, you can open the door, grant the the team insight in the western room so we can learn what's inside and then go back behind the wall where you'll be least exposed. Tactically its for the best. Go for it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on March 31, 2009, 05:33:35 pm
Son is correct. Now move, one of you!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on March 31, 2009, 06:17:30 pm
IC: Eager to act, Sukuzu couldn't wait for his comrades to make up their minds and leaps W, opens the door, and moves W again storming in, claws at ready. No time to waste.

EDIT: Postponing my turn...unless Dabir moves first execute my move accordingly /\


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 01, 2009, 06:13:11 am
´This will make me sound like an idiot (moreso than usual), but I found out we're having guests today. So unless I by chance manage to squeeze in an update i nthe afternoon, there isn't going to be an update until tomorrow. And this after I told you guys to get a move on. My apologies  :-\

EDIT: you've got to be kidding me. Our secretary seems to have lost my tax card, so I have to make a new one or face 60% tax on this months wages. No update today because corporate work sucks.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 01, 2009, 01:09:11 pm
Well, at least Dabir will have time to move and Son will then be able to undo his move. Which isn't really good for me as I won't get so many XP. >:(


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 01, 2009, 06:02:51 pm
Eager to be helpful, Wawa squeezes past Mr. Bach and opens the door, diving aside as the room beyond is revealed.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 02, 2009, 06:39:42 pm
Wawa opens the door, and smartly darts back. This is well, as the room reveals a host of enemies. These would no doubt be eager to rip the poor Arilou to pieces, shredding him where he stands. In Bach's eyes, the command centre hardly looks worth its name. Sure, there are some electronic terminals on the walls, giving  off electronic beeps. But mostly the room looks like those seen so far. The room does also contains several bookcases, with what looks like both old traditional Ilwrath tomes and modern books.

But it is the enemy combatants that catch his eye. He has never seen demons such as these. Larger than the spiders encountered so far, these fierce creatures look like true Warriors (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58535#msg58535). He knows that he has only split seconds to react before they can tear him to pieces.


Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/91dvk5.png)

OOC: Well, what did you expect invading the base command centre? That's hardly "Get in, find the scientist and get out", is it? There was a lock on that door for a reason. Good luck with the Ilwrath troops, I think you might need it. If you survive, there are some nice goodies here though. Also, keep in mind that you don't know how those Ilwrath weapon function yet.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 02, 2009, 07:30:45 pm
OOC: I don't think we need to be afraid that these Ilwrath call for help, so we can take our time with this lot. But I would be wary of granades. And a ranged weapon with only one hit on as powerful an enemy... I recommend we do not get hit by that one. Actually, it might fire something granade-like, so we should also be cautious of a ranged effect.
I suggest we each fire our weapons at the first warrior, and then close and lock the door. We can then take positions at the south end of the hallway and to the room to the east. We can then get the rest at the chokepoint that is the door.
I also suggest that we wait with throwing granades; we may not want to burn down those bookcases, and I expect that they will only move closer to eachother if they have to go through that door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 02, 2009, 08:51:09 pm
I don't know about them not calling for help, the southern Warrior is heading toward the door after all (he's several squares west from where he was when we cast Psychic Radar. Still, at this point it's too late to stop him from this anyway.

We stand no chance against these unholy crusaders (without using expensive abilities, at least), so let's strategically retreat, and hopefully they'll come after us. If we flee through the eastern room, they won't be able to shoot us this turn (except for Wawa, but only with 3 strikes so he'll survive -- we could even have Wubula retreat south and then she'd take the damage instead of Wawa, but she'd also be able to attack the Warriors with full AP next turn, plus she has the Cocktails). Pity we haven't saved Mayhem, we'd have neutralized them all in one shot.

Alternatively, if we truly want to charge right now, we could use two grenades on the Synth, and Pheromones on the northeastern Warrior, but that's too risky and expensive.

Oh, and Luki: If an enemy is affected by Pheromones, does he start attacking his allies right then and there or does he wait until the enemy turn, and if it's the latter, does he move before or after the others?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 02, 2009, 08:56:22 pm
Oh, and Luki: If an enemy is affected by Pheromones, does he start attacking his allies right then and there or does he wait until the enemy turn, and if it's the latter, does he move before or after the others?

When his next turn starts. Pheromones affect player characters as well, so don't stand too close. Player characters will attack in the same turn if they have AP left, otherwise during the next turn. They will primarily attack each other.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 02, 2009, 08:58:59 pm
If it's when his next turn starts, is it then guaranteed that it'll be the first move (i.e. before any other enemies move)?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 02, 2009, 10:22:17 pm
Yetiers: Remember that if we lock the door to the west it will take its occupants 4 turns to break it open (probably plus a bit for one of them to move towards the door), so we can safely shoot at the nearest warrior and then close the door and walk away at our leisure.

Lukipela: Can the door be closed and bolted using one AP, or does that take two? And these guys can't walk through eachother, right? So if I were to double stun one of them in the doorway, noone could pass for a turn (unless they kill the stunned "person" first)?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 03, 2009, 12:43:14 am
OOC: Yay! An update!  :D :D :D

People this is TOO easy! We should just pass the blue key card to Wawa and tell him to lower the blue force field...then this would be an even fight! Let all hell brake loose! ;D

Had you there for a sec, admit it ;)

Anyway this fight shouldn't be all that rough, really. Although I can't help but notice that our current opponents have a total of 3 parries more than our whole team - 13 (15) in favor of 10. I'm not going even to bother counting all the strikes :P

I like the meeps idea, sounds quite reasnoable.

@Wawa: don't forget to reload, your sidearm is empty.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 03, 2009, 12:41:34 pm
Lukipela: Can the door be closed and bolted using one AP, or does that take two? And these guys can't walk through eachother, right? So if I were to double stun one of them in the doorway, noone could pass for a turn (unless they kill the stunned "person" first)?

Clsoing the door takes one AP and bolting it a further 1 AP.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 03, 2009, 01:03:43 pm
Summary: E E
IC: Even the mighty crusader Bach flew away in terror at the sight of the demon warriors' unholy visage. "God have mercy on my soul!" he screamed. "Companions -- go, and lose yourself in the frenzy of battle against your infernal siblings -- for I do not intend to die a martyr yet!"

OOC: So do you recommend that I swap my Fleshroaster for the Automatic Rifle, or is the Fleshroaster better for this?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 03, 2009, 05:01:20 pm
OOC: Yetiers: If you're going to have Bach switch his weapon, I'd recommend you do E SWITCH E instead of what you're doing now, so that you save a movement point and perhaps an AP.
It also looks like it will be best if Wubula is the one to close and lock the door, which will leave her with no turns to attack. So that pretty much leaves only Sukuzu to fire at the Ilwrath, unless we risk friendly fire. It is possible though to let Wubula only close the door and not lock it, leaving her with 1 AP to fire. She (and maybe those who stand close to her) will then be at risk to fire from the second warrior if it is willing to risk shooting the apprentice if it opens the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 03, 2009, 05:32:26 pm
Bach retreats, and leaves his fellows to deal with the horror unleashed.

Map:
(http://i43.tinypic.com/1easth.png)

OOC:

So That means Bach has 1AP/2MOV left, Wubula and Sukuzu have full AP. Enemies can move through each other by the way, just like you you. But unlike you, they can't do so in tight corridors or when moving through a door. They're simply not as well trained and coordinated.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 03, 2009, 05:55:52 pm
I can only suggest that Suzuku uses both AP to shoot the warrior, then Wubula locks the door, which is pretty much the obvious course of action.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 03, 2009, 09:05:16 pm
Yeah. But if Sukuzu doesn't kill the Ilwrath Warrior, we could consider having Bach fire one shot, risking friendly fire. Having one more Ilwrath warrior around is not without risk either. We do have healing items, and we will have the time to apply them after we bar the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 04, 2009, 01:33:09 am
IC: Even the great Shofixti was fazed at the sight of this new delivery - "We slaughtered them so much before, and yet it seems their numbers are far from being exhausted! *unholsters his weapon, safety at off* What if our intel was wrong? *raises his gun and aims* How many enemy troops is actually stationed in this temple?!?" - thus provoking an aggressive reaction from the metamarsupial *unleashes the full fury of his handgun, doubletime* *pulls the trigger* *BLAM! BLAM BLAM!! BLAM!*

summary: fire handgun x2 W

EDIT: sorry, the comma was just a typo, I meant fire in western direction not move W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 04, 2009, 02:18:16 am
Don't go W! Wubula needs to be able to end up on that square if she is to close and bar the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 04, 2009, 07:35:08 am
Yeah. But if Sukuzu doesn't kill the Ilwrath Warrior, we could consider having Bach fire one shot, risking friendly fire. Having one more Ilwrath warrior around is not without risk either. We do have healing items, and we will have the time to apply them after we bar the door.


I'm currently using the Fleshroaster and not my Rifle. And I'm using my Saber and not my Knife. Luki forgot to update the first post though.

By the way, who else agrees that we should have Sukuzu eat the Pretty Flower next turn, in case it gives him any advantages?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 04, 2009, 12:11:21 pm
Sukuzu lets his weapons speak and fortune is on his side. Surprised by their sudden appearance, the Warrior doesn't even attempt to dodge incoming fire. Two shots penetrate its carapace, causing grievous pain.

OOC:  Sukuzu rolls a bullseye and a hit. The Warrior miraculously fails all 4 parries, and thus loses 2 HP. He is now at 1 HP and parryless.. Not updating then map since it didn't change.

EDIT: Also, I'm heading out to an event in a bit, so next update will be tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 04, 2009, 12:25:31 pm
This is great! Let's have Wubula shoot the Warrior and close the door, as they won't have enough AP to both open it and attack us.

Oh wait, they can fire through the Apprentice, probably killing him, but also wounding us greatly. Not a good idea.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 04, 2009, 01:04:36 pm
OOC: Or meep can simply move N, fire offing the warrior and then retreat back S and you (Yeti) could run up to the door and seal them shut. Then we get all sneaky and ambushy.

IC: Feeling the blood frenzy surging through his body once again, Sukuzu shouts at the big Syreen trying not to lose control and charge into the room: "Wubula shoot the warrior! Kill him so we can retreat to safety and still make some carnage! Shoot! NOW!" He then prepares to jump back into relative safety of the corridor.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 04, 2009, 01:26:31 pm
Quote
OOC: Or meep can simply move N, fire offing the warrior and then retreat back S and you (Yeti) could run up to the door and seal them shut. Then we get all sneaky and ambushy.

I have only 2 MOV remaining, so I can only get next to the door, but not do anything to it. So Wubula is the only one who can close the door and seal it, and that takes 2 AP.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 04, 2009, 01:45:15 pm
IC: Wubula moves N, and quickly closes and bars the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 05, 2009, 11:58:17 am
As Wubula slams the door shut, she feels something slamming against the inside. She just barely has time to slide the beam in place before the door starts shaking. Howls of fury can be heard from inside as the Warriors throw themselves against the door.

Map:
(http://i39.tinypic.com/9a4v42.png)

OOC: Since you've got several turns now, just decide how you want to place yourself. No moving necessary. I'll then move us 4 turns forward.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 05, 2009, 12:12:48 pm
I'll take the upper right corner by the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 05, 2009, 12:13:22 pm
Idea: Wubula where she is, Suzuku E of Wubula, Wawa E of Suzuku and Bach E of Wawa.

Plan: When they open the door, Wubula fires and sidesteps, Suzuku fires and sidesteps, Wawa fires and sidesteps, Bach fires twice with the rifle, as he has the best ranged weapon and is healed best by the chemical cocktail. I'd also suggest that Wubula and Suzuku step in opposite directions, so that if an enemy survives and stands near her she can use Pheromones without affecting Suzuku. Suzuku can then step up and melee, Bach can pick them off, and then if it really turns out to be necessary Wawa can stand in front of Bach and use Untouchable to protect him, otherwise Paingiver happens.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 05, 2009, 01:41:20 pm
Lukipela: so what happened to those "markers" left on the minds of the enemies in that room?
Son_of_Antares: I'd chose a position where you have somewhere to flee to.
Dabir: ...and then they toss in (out) a granade...
And when they open the door, they may have movement left to immediately attack. With that Slayer weapon perhaps.
I'm thinking it would be better to start with each player standing around a corner. Taking one step before attacking does not cost an AP.

I've made a picture of my proposed plan:
(http://www.stack.nl/~svdb/sc2/scbelplan1.png)

We start by moving the table. If Sukuzu can make a shield out of half of it in 2AP, we should have the time to move that table there. Next, we set it on fire using the fleshroaster.
Sukuzu stands closest, as he is fastest and may want to attack using close combat attacks lateron. Wubula is next, as she can use the confuse skill in retreat if necessary. Wawa moves the slowest so he/she/it should be given the headstart, which leaves Bach in third position, who should incidentally probably wield his long-range weapon.

Variations:
  • Move Wawa to the location marked with "1" and move Wubula and Bach one square to the east. Wawa won't be in the way of the others, and will already be a fair distance away if the enemies chose to attack. He/she/it won't be as effective there though, and if more than one enemy decides to go after him/her/it, he/she/it will have a problem. (One is probably not a problem, due to the corners and the Psychic flash.)
  • Instead of setting the table on fire, place the spare gas tank under it, and open it. A spark from a bullet against a wall or floor should set off the gas. We may actually do some damage with the table instead of just having it serve as an obstacle. A disadvantage would be that the blast will be unpredictable. Will it cause an explosion, or just a fireball? How far will it reach? Will it knock out walls, floors, or ceilings? Who will hear it?
  • Move Sukuzu to where Wubula is standing, and Wubula to the northwest corner of the room. The total number of squares to run to the southwest exit will be one less, though it will leave Wubula at more risk, and Sukuzu will be further away from the enemy if he choses to attack in close combat.

EDIT: I managed to click modify instead of quote and obliterated meeps post. Sorry about that. Luckily all the text was still in my browser, but I lost the image link. Terrbily sorry. -Luki
EDIT: You also screwed up the bullet points. It's all good now again, though. - Meep-Eep


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 05, 2009, 02:21:23 pm
I'm going northeastsoutheast of the eastern door (which is to say, 2 squares N of where Sukuzu is staying in meep's drawing), and I'm wielding the Fleshroaster as my ranged weapon.

I propose that Sukuzu and Wubula stay where they are in the drawing (Wubula might want to stay 2 squares further E though, in case the Slayer functions like a grenade), and Wawa stays north of the door to the small room with the chair (he can fire from there just as well as from where he is in meep's drawing, but he can also retreat more easily).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 05, 2009, 05:39:18 pm
Quote
Lukipela: so what happened to those "markers" left on the minds of the enemies in that room?

Er, I forgot about that. I'll go put it right in.

Also, I clicked modify instead of quote and managed to hose up your post. Luckily, I managed to restore everything except the image link. Sorry.  :-\


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 05, 2009, 06:06:09 pm
As I received no comment on my plan from Lukipela, can I assume that what I am suggesting falls within the rules, and that the table fits through the door (with sufficient violence applied, if necessary), and that the table is made of a combustable material?

And to save some more discussion: if the plan is accepted in essence, but Bach moves to the nw corner of the room, Wubula will stand one step to the right, and if Wawa decides to stand elsewhere, Wubula will stand one more step to the right.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 05, 2009, 08:32:36 pm
As I received no comment on my plan from Lukipela, can I assume that what I am suggesting falls within the rules, and that the table fits through the door (with sufficient violence applied, if necessary), and that the table is made of a combustable material?

To be honest, this is pretty far from the mechanics I originally devised for this game. But it sounds quite fun and a game without creativity is pointless. So sure, you can move the table and set fire to it. Once set fire to, the table will act as a flaming barrier for two turns, after which it is reduced to ashes. After that it will be covered by smoke for one turn. If you don't set fire to it, it'll take the enemy 2AP to shift it to the right/forward.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 05, 2009, 08:40:03 pm
If it works like that, let's put the table in the eastern door (horizontally) and set it ablaze at such a time that the smoke protects us during the turn our enemies break through the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 05, 2009, 08:56:06 pm
Lukipela: so we can shoot through the barrier while it is burning?
Yetiers: I'm not sure what you mean. You want to put the table in the eastern door with half of it on the west side, and half of it on the right side?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 05, 2009, 09:02:15 pm
Yeah, you can fire through the fire (heh). Once it goes out there'll be a bit of smoke for a turn, which you can't fire through.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 05, 2009, 10:00:01 pm
Yetiers: I'm not sure what you mean. You want to put the table in the eastern door with half of it on the west side, and half of it on the right side?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 05, 2009, 10:05:12 pm
I'll use the time given to us in those 4 turns to run back for the chair and bring it to the pile. It will burn longer.

Son_of_Antares: I'd chose a position where you have somewhere to flee to.

With 6 MOV I can flee wherever I want. Running away is the least of Sukuzus problems. Offing those warriors is #1 priority.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 05, 2009, 10:28:33 pm
Yetiers: I'm not sure what you mean. You want to put the table in the eastern door with half of it on the west side, and half of it on the right side?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
So the idea is that they have to go through 2 squares of smoke? Is there any reason for doing it like this and not set the table "horizontally" in between the two doors, where we can still close the second door?

Say... I see a chest another potential flaming barrier...

Lukipela: about those markers...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 05, 2009, 10:42:17 pm
Meep: Well yes, it seems you're right about putting it in between the two doors, that way I can even go S using only 1 MOV and also fire at them with the Fleshroaster (which is an area-of-effect weapon and thus not subject to being blocked by smoke).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 05, 2009, 11:15:49 pm
I'll use the time given to us in those 4 turns to run back for the chair and bring it to the pile. It will burn longer.
While you're going that way, you might as well pick up some Ilwrath corpses for the barbeque. :P

Quote
Son_of_Antares: I'd chose a position where you have somewhere to flee to.
With 6 MOV I can flee wherever I want. Running away is the least of Sukuzus problems. Offing those warriors is #1 priority.
The enemies don't have to catch up with you; they only have to get on the same line as you. You can't outrun a bullet. And then there's granades.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 06, 2009, 09:41:14 am
The enemies don't have to catch up with you; they only have to get on the same line as you. You can't outrun a bullet. And then there's granades.

Wanna bet? ;)

Cause even if they all try to rush out of the room and I'm positioned in the upper right corner I will get one extra melee attack, which does not count against my regular 2AP (right?), against either the wounded warrior or any other enemy (I'm not sure how does this rule work for multiple enemies passing through my "zone of influence"; do I get an extra attack only against the first one or they all get served?) foolish enough to run right in front of my claws followed by a barrage from the rest of the team. The never surprised ability wore off by now, and in addition to that anyone that I attack will be defending at -1 parry (Battlecry).

And I'm starting to like LIKE the fire idea, the chest will be a great add-on to our pile of thingz to burn (it is bigger and closer than the chair) ;D ;D ;D

Maybe we can even use the Table Shield as a cover and push the "burning fireball of stuff" deeper into the room, forgoing the attacks for a round or two (no more) in favor of fiery surprise&confusion strike.

I estimate that the shield would hold for 2 turns tops (same as for the damaged table)...I'm gonna go  get the chair now...and some  marshmallows ;) 


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 06, 2009, 11:37:43 am
I'm going northeastsoutheast of the eastern door (which is to say, 2 squares N of where Sukuzu is staying in meep's drawing), and I'm wielding the Fleshroaster as my ranged weapon.

Just noticed, I had moved to the same square where Sukuzu was standing. I've changed northeast to southeast, and I'm quoting that post for extra clarity.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on April 06, 2009, 04:06:16 pm
The enemies don't have to catch up with you; they only have to get on the same line as you. You can't outrun a bullet. And then there's granades.

Wanna bet? ;)

Cause even if they all try to rush out of the room and I'm positioned in the upper right corner I will get one extra melee attack, which does not count against my regular 2AP (right?), against either the wounded warrior or any other enemy (I'm not sure how does this rule work for multiple enemies passing through my "zone of influence"; do I get an extra attack only against the first one or they all get served?) foolish enough to run right infront of my claws followed by a barrage from the rest of the team. The never surprised ability wore off by now, and in addition to that anyone that I attack will be defending at -1 parry (Battlecry).

A bit of clarification:

In order to receive a free strike, the enemy has to move into your melee range, and then move out of it again. If they decide to stay and fight you, then you don't get your free strike.

In addition, read the rules for Battlecry more carefully: The parry reduction only applies to the first attack on a given target. If this occurs against a target during your free strike, that's fine, but on subsequent turns (when you will be actively attacking on your own), this reduction no longer applies.

Luki gets the final say on whether this scenario is viable at all; you may not get a free strike against an opponent slipping past a square already occupied by another foe, since your attention is already held in that direction. This is not explicitly covered in the rules, so I can't comment either way, but that would definitely be important information to have.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 06, 2009, 05:35:49 pm
Draxas has not only come up with some of the rules, but also reads the other ones correctly. Don't get too carried away with torching things, I'm writing up some rules regarding just how much stuff you can carry around with you. Carrying big things slow you down.

EDIT: And the rules are done. Do you want to plan this out yourselves in advance, or will it be easier if we just move the turns normally? The last turn isn't technically over yet, I think Bach still has 2 MOV/1AP. Once that is done the turns end and you'll start seeing markers.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on April 08, 2009, 01:56:02 am
Idea: Wubula where she is, Suzuku E of Wubula, Wawa E of Suzuku and Bach E of Wawa.

Plan: When they open the door, Wubula fires and sidesteps, Suzuku fires and sidesteps, Wawa fires and sidesteps, Bach fires twice with the rifle, as he has the best ranged weapon and is healed best by the chemical cocktail. I'd also suggest that Wubula and Suzuku step in opposite directions, so that if an enemy survives and stands near her she can use Pheromones without affecting Suzuku. Suzuku can then step up and melee, Bach can pick them off, and then if it really turns out to be necessary Wawa can stand in front of Bach and use Untouchable to protect him, otherwise Paingiver happens.

Not sure if it's relevant, but I just noticed a major flaw in this plan: Untouchable, though described, is not listed among the Arilou's starting powers. This is intentional, so I figured I should bring it to your attention... Not that you're still going with this plan, but you'll be sorely disappointed if you try to use the power.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 08, 2009, 12:46:22 pm
Is Dabir going to move already? I said what I want to do, meep and Sukuzu also did, only Dabir remains. And we need to decide what to do with the table and chair.

OOC: There is another variation we could go for: put the table where I placed it in the picture, and build a secondary barricade right inside the eastern room, so we can independantly light them.

I suggest putting the second barricade in the corridor, just outside the door; burn the table at such a time that the smoke protects us during the first enemy turn (that is, at the moment they manage to open the door), and burn the chair the next turn. That way we can move in front of the door without penalties, and are still protected.

I don't know if we have time to do this, though.
EDIT: After a little thinking, it seems we have time to move the table in the corridor and set fire to it on time, but not anything else (we can't set fire to anything else at such a time that the smoke protects us, that is), so let's just put the table where meep suggested (burning it when I suggested) and something else (the chest, if we have time -- it will take them more time to move it aside EDIT: But we can't do it with the chest, we can't rotate both the table and the chest) in the corridor next to the room, and set fire to the chair/chest ASAP. That will still prevent them from getting at the doorway and seeing our positions, at least (or at least slow them down).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 08, 2009, 05:19:10 pm
Wawa will stand where it is in the diagram, as well as reloading the Paingiver.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 08, 2009, 07:14:19 pm
Ok, this is getting out of hand. I've got Dabirs move, I'm now giving the rest of you two options.

1. We play through all four turns in real time. This is slower, but might be easier for you.
2. Each one of you posts his moves for the next four turns, including any moving and setting fire to things they need to do. This is easier for me, but might be harder for you to work out in advance, especially if you need to work together on moving things. If you choose to work it out in advance, I'll help out and give clarification if necessary. If you haven't come up with a battleplan in the next two days, we'll go the single move route.

So now you either post your movements for the next four turns (remember that rotating doesn't take AP as we aren't in combat).Or you tell me that you want to go turn by turn. Whatever the majority chooses we go with. Dabir is excluded from voting since he won't be moving much anyhow.

What is it going to be?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 08, 2009, 08:27:35 pm
Yetiers seems to have all the details figured out, so he may take control of Wubula for these turns if he wants. That should speed things up a bit.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 08, 2009, 09:37:07 pm
Since we have to use the Fleshroaster to torch things:

Code:
Turn 1: Wubula E E E S, Bach N E E, Sukuzu E E shift table W, Wawa S E
Turn 2: Wawa E S S, Sukuzu N E, Wubula E shift table W W, Sukuzu S shift table W then move E, Bach S W W fire Fleshroaster at table [b]then move N[/b] (keep Fleshroaster as ranged weapon)
Turn 3: Wawa E E E, Wubula E E E, Bach S S, Sukuzu N W
Turn 4: Wawa S S

If this isn't possible for some reason, try this as a last resort:

Code:
Turn 1: Wubula E E E S, Bach N E E place Gas Tank on table, Sukuzu E E shift table W, Wawa S E
Turn 2: Wawa E S S, Sukuzu N, Wubula E shift table W W, Bach S W shift table W, Sukuzu S fire at Gas Tank N
Turn 3: Wawa E E E, Wubula E E E, Bach S (wield Fleshroaster as ranged weapon)
Turn 4: Wawa S S

Note that I'm assuming we can't move a flaming object -- if we can, we might want to burn the table on Turn 2 even if it's not yet in its final place. Also, I'm assuming that attacking out of combat doesn't cost AP; this is trivial to fix in the second version, as it just means deleting the bolded part and Bach moving just S in Turn 3 instead of S S.

EDIT: Removed first version as we now know it's not possible.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 09, 2009, 08:44:07 pm
All right, there was one flaw in your second turn (Bach moving three steps, firing and then moving a fourth), but that could easily be corrected in the following turn.

Just to check, is this the end result you were planning for? The smoke will stay around during the enemy turn, but once it's your turn again it'll be gone. Do I start the enemy turn with an open door from here? Some of you still have MOV left in case you want to utilize them.

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2ikftph.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 09, 2009, 09:01:39 pm
Quote
All right, there was one flaw in your second turn (Bach moving three steps, firing and then moving a fourth), but that could easily be corrected in the following turn.

I was referring to that when I said "I'm assuming that attacking out of combat doesn't cost AP; this is trivial to fix in the second version, as it just means deleting the bolded part and Bach moving just S in Turn 3 instead of S S.".

And yes, this is the end result I was hoping for. From where I'm standing, just start the enemy turn now. (Oh, and you forgot to subtract 1 from the ammo in my Fleshroaster)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 10, 2009, 09:30:17 am
Huh, you got me there. No enemies means AP is only moving and doors, so right you are. I'll write something up, fix your ammo and do the enemy turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 10, 2009, 10:12:50 am
Moving quickly around, our heroes shift the splintered table and prepare themselves for battle. As Mr Bach's Fleshroaster roars, the table goes up into flames. The fire spews dark smoke into the corridor, obscuring it from view. All through their hard work, they can hear banging and clanging on the barred door. Slowly, the hinges give after under the ferocious blows. Finally, the sound of splintering can be heard as both door and bar give way. The clicking of spiderlike feet can be heard in the smoke filled corridor outside.

Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/302tf6r.png)

OOC: New turn, off you go.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 10, 2009, 11:36:44 am
Summary: N (keep AP in reserve)
IC: Bach squeezes his flamethrower tightly, anticipating the anguished screams of the spider-demons. Justice will be delivered at last.

EDIT 2: Undid the undo, it would indeed benefit us to know exactly who's who.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 10, 2009, 02:24:01 pm
Hmm... I thought Dabir wanted Wawa to stand where Wubula now stands?

This is tricky. It's as if those enemies knew where we are hiding. I think it's fair to say that our plan didn't work as it was supposed to. This may be a good time for a granade.
I wonder why that southern enemy is so far to the south. I don't think we should let it escape. But if we stick our heads in that doorway, they're going to be shot off the next turn.
It may be best if we go stand where they can't hit us the next turn, so that we at least have the first shot. We might still be vulnerable to granades though, and we still don't know what that Slayer weapon does.

Also, I take is that that door I see in the picture is not actually there anymore, and these Ilwrath+Androsynth didn't suddenly build a new one out of table parts. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 10, 2009, 03:33:49 pm
This is tricky. It's as if those enemies knew where we are hiding.

I'm playing them as if they aren't sure where you are. There were enemies, but also loads of smoke once they got the door open. this made them suspicious, it smelled like a trap. It took them a while to get through the door, so you might well have turned a few corners during that time. There are three possible attack venues, the door across, and behind the two corners down below. Rather than get stuck in the middle of the corridor, they're spreading out to allow for searching and manoeuvring once the smoke clears. They're also trying to minimise their exposure. These aren't fanatics, they're fighters.

Quote
Also, I take is that that door I see in the picture is not actually there anymore, and these Ilwrath+Androsynth didn't suddenly build a new one out of table parts. :P

Fog of war until you actually see the area. which is happening soon since I'm doing Yetis move right now.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 10, 2009, 03:39:43 pm
Hey, is the enemy 3 squares W of Bach sitting inside a bookcase per chance, or is that really something on the floor?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 10, 2009, 03:44:04 pm
Bach moves cautiously to peer out through the door. The door across has ben obliterated, ripped of it's hinges and discarded. There are two Ilwrath in the area, but none have noticed him yet. That is a situation that wont last. The larger and more ferocious beast seems to have trouble moving, and it is wheezing.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2jaykb8.png)

OOC: Because of the vision rules, the Ilwrath can't see Bach since none of them have line of sight.

Quote
Hey, is the enemy 3 squares W of Bach sitting inside a bookcase per chance, or is that really something on the floor?

Think you're the only ones who can move furniture? It's easier to break down a door if you have three persons close to it. but you haven't seen the room so you don't know how it has been moved.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 10, 2009, 08:21:33 pm
Think you're the only ones who can move furniture?

I suppose I was assuming that (just as you need special training to use bullseyes) you need special training to move furniture. ;D

Summary: N E, wield Automatic Rifle

EDIT: SS to NE, as per meep's hint


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 10, 2009, 08:57:23 pm
OOC: Ok, so since the enemy is now just checking out where we went, I suggest that we let them spread out for a bit, and at least stand away from where the Warior can fire the next turn (note to Bach: one of the Warriors can fire at your new location), and generally be very quiet.

IC: Wubula moves W W, as silently as she can.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 10, 2009, 09:01:11 pm
Wawa percieves, as the others do, that these troops are not in fact stupid and intend to find and surround them. It swiftly shuts the door into the small room and takes a step back, fingering the Spike Grenade gingerly. It considers that there must have been a staggering oversight in security if the various rooms have no cameras, and especially so if even the command center has no way of monitoring surrounding rooms other than their live occupants' reports.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 11, 2009, 07:42:56 am
update in the afternoon, going hopefully Son will have posted as well by then so that we can move a whole turn forward,


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 11, 2009, 02:10:53 pm
Our heroes eagerly manoeuvre, and prepare themselves for battle. Only Sukuzu seems frozen in place, his whiskers vibrating nervously.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/xawimr.png)

OOC: Ok, waiting for Sukuzu. As Son apparently hasn't logged in since the 8th I'm assuming he has Easter duties and probably won't turn up. If he hasn't posted before tomorrow morning, I'm putting meep in charge of his character until I can reach him, if that's all right with meep of course?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 12, 2009, 08:25:54 am
No replies to PM's from Son, and he hasn't been online for quite a while. If meep is willing to have him, Sukuzu is his until I can get in touch with Son. or possibly find another player.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 12, 2009, 03:24:35 pm
I guess I should get Sukuzu to safety too. I don't really like him standing so far away from the action, so I'll move Wubula back one step.
IC: Wubula silently moves E.
IC: Sukuzu silently moves E S S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 12, 2009, 03:49:42 pm
As our adventurers hold their breath, they can hear clicks and footsteps outside, as the enemy takes their positions. Thanks to the psychic markers they can follow the cautious movement of their opponents, steadily advancing.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2gy3j2u.png)

OOC: New turn, off you go.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 12, 2009, 03:56:35 pm
Do we know whether the enemies moved past the door opening (so they could have seen us?).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 12, 2009, 03:59:13 pm
Wawa is a humanoid with a plan, and takes two steps N. It reloads its Paingiver and turns to the western door, ready to open fire on anything that should rear its ugly head on the other side of the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 12, 2009, 05:02:00 pm
If Wubula were to use her Pheromones power at the square directly east of the door, would that affect the enemies at the other side of the door? (We'd need to move Sukuzu and Bach out of the way, I guess). What if we were to close the door first?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 12, 2009, 05:31:06 pm
As long as the door is open, it'll work. If the door is closed it wont.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 12, 2009, 06:00:08 pm
Ok, then I guess using Pheromones would be good here, if Bach and Sukuzu move out of the way. After that, with Wubula standing in the door opening, the rest of the team might as well queue up behind her, preferably in the order Sukuzu, Bach, Wawa.
We could also throw in a granade beforehand, but we may get more out of it if we wait until next turn (though we may have a better use of our turns then).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 12, 2009, 06:27:24 pm
Summary: E (as per meep's suggestion)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 12, 2009, 09:04:15 pm
Unless SoA returns soon, Sukuzu moves S, Wubula moves W W N, Wubula uses her Pheromones power, and Sukuzu moves N N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 13, 2009, 10:16:54 am
And after all these moves are done, Bach moves S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 13, 2009, 03:21:51 pm
Wubula glides into position, and releases a host of pheromones. Bourne on the slight drafts inside the temple, they permeate the air around her. The Ilwrath Apprentice and Androsynth Private both inhale them and as they do, their brain chemistry begins sending weird signals through their minds. Though they can't see what they desire, they know that the competition must be eliminated. Only one can enjoy the sweet reward and they are both determined to be that one.

The private reacts first, rasing his weapon and squeezing off two rapid series of shots. Due to the adrenaline coursing in his veins, he has little success. Then the Apprentice moves in, mandibles poised to strike. But the heavenly creature to his left floods his senses and distracts him, making his attacks awkward and easy to avoid.

The two Warriors had been approaching the end of the corridor. At the sound of gunfire they turn and hurry back. As the Private shot first, they begin by dismembering him. Bonecrushers slam into his frail body, ripping it to shreds. Then they turn their attention to the apprentice, who stares at them with unmasked hatred. This is a commonplace Ilwrath expression, but not one that is usually turned upon superiors. Enraged by this audacity, the warriors advance.

Map:
(http://i43.tinypic.com/2hedco9.png)

OOC: Androsynth fires twice at Apprentice, scores two hits that the apprentice parries. Apprentice moves clsoer and bites twice, scores two hits which the private parries. Warrior strikes twice at Private and scores two hits, bringing his health down to 1 HP. Second warrior follows up with a single strike to slay the Private. Androsynth don't die easy. New turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 13, 2009, 04:09:46 pm
OOC: Hey people, first I apologize to all of you for the wait and the fuss that it created. Last friday a power surge occured in my city and as luck would have it, it fried my configuration (but hopefully just the power supply and cooler bit the dust)  >:( :( I hope I'll sort it all by nxt friday/weekend. Until then, meep will stay in charge of my character as of this post until I return (if it is still ok with meep). Bye.

IC: Sukuzu readily faces the upcoming Ilwrath threat and introduces them yet again with all the beauty that is kept within his handgun clip.

summary: *if Wubula moves* fire handgun W x2; otherwise meep will decide Sukuzus nxt move


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 13, 2009, 04:53:11 pm
I'm thinking Sukuzu should not be so quick to fire.
Plan A:
Wubula fires at the Ilwrath (1 AP). If it dies, Wubula moves S. If it doesn't die, Wubula moves S S, and Wawa moves N and throws a spike granade, and a second one if necessary.
After that, Sukuzu moves W W fire-S, E N, and Bach moves W W and closes the door.
If Sukuzu kills the warrior (one of them only has 1 HP elft), we'd be safe for the next turn.

Lukipela: Has the apprentice regained its parries after the attack by the Androsynth?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 13, 2009, 05:18:30 pm
Lukipela: Has the apprentice regained its parries after the attack by the Androsynth?

Yeah. Parries get reset after the enemy turn, for both you and them.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 13, 2009, 10:11:50 pm
Summary: Bach fires W until the Ilwrath is dead, and keeps any remaining AP in reserve (do this after Wubula and Sukuzu retreat from the door if they decide to do so; if they don't, fire anyway) not yet

A slight improvement to meep's plan: Sukuzu should go W W S and use his melee attack, that one has more strikes.

Also, we aren't going to be completely safe from the Warrior next turn, moving 2 squares costs him no AP so he's still going to be able to attack us with 3 strikes after opening the door. Still, I suppose that's not really that much, and doesn't warrant the use of Confusion.

However, I'm not completely going along with this plan because I want the XP. Sorry. I'm attacking the Apprentice in Wubula's stead, and she's closing the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 14, 2009, 08:30:50 am
Erm... there are two of your teammates standing between Bach and his target.
And Sukuzu can't move three squares, attack, and retreat with "only" 6 movement points.
You're right about us not being safe though. The only way to avoid that, as far as I can see, is if everyone shoots only once, and then retreats from the row with the door. And that does mean risking friendly fire.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 14, 2009, 11:50:07 am
Erm... there are two of your teammates standing between Bach and his target.

I know, but I think it's more important that I get the XP. And it fits Bach's character more. Still, it may not be necessary -- see below.

Quote
And Sukuzu can't move three squares, attack, and retreat with "only" 6 movement points.

Right. I had forgotten about not being able to move if you no longer have AP (even if you have MOV left).

Quote
You're right about us not being safe though. The only way to avoid that, as far as I can see, is if everyone shoots only once, and then retreats from the row with the door. And that does mean risking friendly fire.

Er, it seems we can just have everybody retreat somewhere in the rectangle whose upper-left corner is 2 squares S of Bach, and whose lower-right corner is just N of the door -- and we don't need to close the western door of the room. If we go with this plan, we'll also be able to retreat Wubula and Sukuzu before having Bach fire, thus avoiding friendly fire.

Alternatively, Sukuzu can throw a grenade instead of firing his Handgun, and then we can close the door and retreat -- the remaining Warrior won't be able to move 3 squares, open the door and shoot. But we don't know whether the southern Warrior is the non-wounded one (if he's the non-wounded one, throwing the grenade at him would ensure the maximum damage output, otherwise we're wasting the 2 points of damage in the center of the grenade's explosion), and I'd rather have Bach get the XP (Sukuzu is way ahead of Bach, so Bach has more use of it).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 14, 2009, 03:35:47 pm
Bach may not succeed in killing the apprentice, leaving us open to attack from him, and we still don't know what the Slayer does. For all we know, it is a rocket launcher, doing damage in more than one square. Though I guess it would not make sense for soldiers operating inside their own building to be equipped with weapons like that.

As for throwing the granade, we're rapidly running out of "area" weapons. I'd rather save it if we can.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 14, 2009, 04:12:16 pm
I'm going to let you chat a bit before executing Yetis move. As it stands now he'll be firing twice and risking friendly fire. Update coming this evening, so if you're not sure I recommend editing away Bachs move.

EDIT: Make this tomorrow afternoon, I have urgent business to attend to.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 14, 2009, 08:29:15 pm
I thought the Apprentice had been reduced to 1 HP, hence why I thought I have lots of chances of killing him. Oh well, now that I know he's not wounded, using the calculator that I made, it appears I have a chance of 23% of killing the Apprentice in 3 strikes, and a 68% chance of killing him in 6 strikes. That's hardly enough. Let's maybe have Sukuzu weaken the Apprentice first by moving W, meleeing him (with 1 AP), then retreating somewhere in that rectangle I mentioned earlier. Wubula can then retreat as well, Bach can fire with 1 AP and then retreat, and then if the Apprentice is still not dead we can have Wawa fire his Paingiver at him. We have a 90% chance of killing the Apprentice this turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 14, 2009, 09:26:07 pm
If Sukuzu moves W, he won't be able to return to safety.



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 15, 2009, 11:05:46 am
Hm, indeed. It seems the only square he'd be able to retreat to is the square that's the only one Wubula can retreat to. So we have 2 options -- Sukuzu can fire his Handgun instead of using melee (this means we have a 78.3% chance of killing the Apprentice, and a 16.5% chance of just wounding him). Or we can retreat Wubula, and have Bach fire a grenade at the Apprentice, killing him instantly and wounding the Warrior next to him (or even killing him if he's the one with 1 HP left). I'd favor the latter, as it is only rarely that we get to use a grenade on even a group of two enemies, as the history of this game indicates.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 15, 2009, 12:01:54 pm
Sukuzu wouldn't even be able to move to the only square which Wubula can retreat to.

There's bound to be a heavy guard near our goal, and if we want to do the side-quest we can expect another heavy battle. We are already low on special powers, so we should not waste a granade just to give Bach an XP over another team member.

Looking at our turn history, I do suspect that the western warrior is the hurt one.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 15, 2009, 05:01:50 pm
Looking at our turn history, I do suspect that the western warrior is the hurt one.

Seeing as you can see them, you can tell that the western Warrior is moving with a limp. He looks wounded. I'm heading out in a bit, hopefully you'll have made up your minds about what to do by tonight or tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 15, 2009, 06:45:12 pm
@meep: I really don't see why you say we'd be wasting the grenade -- remember what I said about not encountering tightly-packed groups? (Which makes sense as they want to minimize losses due to area-of-effect weapons, especially in the case of these trained soldiers) Besides, this is one of those rare occasions where we can kill two enemies with one shot, now that we know the western warrior is the hurt one. We'll also be totally safe the next turn if we have Sukuzu close the door.

So I'm still anxious for Wubula to move out of my way.

Quote
Sukuzu wouldn't even be able to move to the only square which Wubula can retreat to.

How so? That square is the one 2 squares S of Bach; after having moved W, Sukuzu would have to move E E S S to reach it. Moving 5 squares takes 1 AP, meleeing takes 1 AP too, so yes he would be able to retreat there.

EDIT: By the way, Luki, what the frell does a Bonecrusher look like? Is it a giant club or what? Oh, and what does a Slayer look like, by the way? A rocket launcher? :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 15, 2009, 09:25:42 pm
@meep: I really don't see why you say we'd be wasting the grenade -- remember what I said about not encountering tightly-packed groups? (Which makes sense as they want to minimize losses due to area-of-effect weapons, especially in the case of these trained soldiers) Besides, this is one of those rare occasions where we can kill two enemies with one shot, now that we know the western warrior is the hurt one. We'll also be totally safe the next turn if we have Sukuzu close the door.
Fine. Wubula moves E S.

Quote
Quote
Sukuzu wouldn't even be able to move to the only square which Wubula can retreat to.

How so? That square is the one 2 squares S of Bach; after having moved W, Sukuzu would have to move E E S S to reach it. Moving 5 squares takes 1 AP, meleeing takes 1 AP too, so yes he would be able to retreat there.
That's not how it works. From the rules:
Quote
Each player can move a set amount of squares each turn. Moving the full amount will consume both your action points. Moving half of the amount will consume one action point. If you use your action point for other things, you may no longer move.
So, after 1 MOV, he would have 5 MOV left. If he then attacks, he uses up the rest of the first AP, leaving him with 3 MOV.

And if Wawa could spare one of those spike granades, Wubula would like one.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 16, 2009, 11:06:24 am
Summary: throw grenade at Apprentice, then move N E

OOC: I expose myself to 1 strike if the Slayer acts like a grenade, but I'd rather be able to attack with both AP.

Quote
That's not how it works. From the rules:

I think we may need some clarification here. Luki?
EDIT: Wait, I don't get your reasoning. Luki said earlier that that rule is slightly badly phrased, and that it actually means that moving half your MOV or more (but not the full amount) takes 1 AP. So moving 5 squares takes 1 AP for Sukuzu. I'm interpreting movement to count with respect to the total number of squares you move in one turn (which is 5 in this case), so he can retreat to that square.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on April 16, 2009, 02:15:31 pm
Fellas, the movement rules are really pretty simple. Using 1 AP consumes half of your MOV, or all the remainder if less than half is left. So, for example, if Sukuzu moved 1 square and fired his weapon, he would have 2 MOV left (1 MOV for the square, 3 for the use of AP). If he moved 4 squares and fired his weapon, he would have no MOV left (4 for the squares, the rest to use his AP). Any other scenario you can come up with is a permutation of this.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 16, 2009, 03:08:54 pm
Sending the grenade flying, Bach licks his lips as he anticipates the carnage. With a resounding boom, the device detonates, sending a hailstorm of shrapnel flying in every direction. The apprentice never has a chance, his pheromone addled brain ripped to pieces by red hot metal shards. The wounded Warrior grunts as the metal penetrates his already wounded carapace, shredding his inner organs. He slowly collapses on the floor, leaving the last Warrior alone and worried.

Map:
(http://i43.tinypic.com/foofeq.png)

OOC:

It's nice that Draxas is here, because otherwise I'd be worried about my sanity. He's got it right as usual. Dabir and Sukuzu/Wubula left to move, if they are moving at all?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 16, 2009, 03:37:34 pm
Funny that we've been playing the game for three months before we get the moving rules.
Yetiers: I understood the rules to mean that the turn is divided into 2 AP, and that an action other than moving takes the rest of the AP. (So if you have 6 MOV, and you move 1 or 2 squares before doing the action, you would have been left with 1 AP / 3 MOV. If you moved 3, 4, or 5 squares before doing the action, you would have been left with 0 AP / 3 MOV.)

Ok, so this means that we are safe from direct attacks standing right beside the door if it is closed. But even if the Slayer doesn't have an area attack, the warrior may have a granade. So Wubula will take one step S, and Sukuzu will move W, close the door, and then move S S.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 16, 2009, 06:06:10 pm
Wawa remains in position once more. It can see that the end of this conflict, at least, is near.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 16, 2009, 07:24:37 pm
As our heroes prepare for battle, the faint psionic signal grows fainter. It seems their enemy is moving away. But for what purpose? They nervously ponder the significance of this. Is he fleeing? Or circling round? Does he know something they do not? Are the alarms about to go off? One thing is certain. Proper evacuation demands that they take out all enemies who are aware of them before leaving. Otherwise, they wont get far.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/v7r5u.png)

OOC: A well trained Ilwrath Warrior isn't about to charge into a room filled with enemies, sorry guys.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 16, 2009, 11:16:12 pm
I suggest an attack from both sides - Wawa and Bach/Wubula through the south door, Suzuku and Wubula/Bach through the west.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 16, 2009, 11:44:10 pm
How did the Ilwrath know the room was filled with enemies?

At least we have the advantage of knowing where the Ilwrath is.

If Wubula opens the W door, Sukuzu can move further. I have to look up what was said about vision and corridors again (tomorrow) before knowing whether that's a good idea though.

There is little point for people to go through the southern door; the Ilwrath may not in into the southern room if it sees someone there.

Also, I think someone should examine the Slayer on the corpse of the other warrior, so that we know what we're up against.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 16, 2009, 11:48:38 pm
There is little point for people to go through the southern door; the Ilwrath may not in into the southern room if it sees someone there.
If it can see us then it is already too late, it has likely been cut off and will be chased down soon enough.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 17, 2009, 06:31:44 am
How did the Ilwrath know the room was filled with enemies?

Well, when you originally opened the door, both Bach and Sukuzu were visible. Wubula was also briefly visible when closing the door. So he knows that there are at least three of you. Once his team was out in the corridor you only struck them through the east door. By now he has figured out that the Apprentice-Private fight was probably due to some sort of trick. While he doesn't know how your attack works, both that and the grenade happened in the proximity of the same door. So he figured that there are at least one enemy in there. And since no one attacked from behind while this was happening, he drew the conclusion that you've probably not sent anyone down the corridor. Otherwise that would have been the perfect time to strike them in the back. Adding to that you clsoed the door, impeding his speed. So it's probable that all three of you are watiing for him to come charging in.

So faced with the choice of opening a door to a room containing at least three enemies, or drawing them out/fleing/doing something else, he picked the second option. Unlike the apprentices who just chartge, the Warriors actually think, based on what they can see.

Quote
At least we have the advantage of knowing where the Ilwrath is.

You also have the advantage that he doesn't know that you can see where he is.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 17, 2009, 10:56:56 am
The Warrior can't see Sukuzu if he uses all his MOV to race towards him (if Wubula opens the door), but see below.

If he's heading somewhere at all, it's either the main door, the Androsynth's sleeping quarters or the torture chamber. I think Sukuzu can reach him more quickly through the sleeping quarters (if somebody opens the second door for him), so I suggest doing that. Wubula and Wawa can go through the western door, just to ensure he can't return to his guardpost (or worse, open the blue door).

Summary: S S S S


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 17, 2009, 11:27:09 am
If the warrior goes for the main door, Sukuzu would be able to fire at it in 13 moves going through the western door. Going southwards, it takes 17 turns to catch up with it, though there may be one moment after 8 turns when it is standing in front of the door to the Androsynth sleeping quarters. If it is going for the torture chamber, the western way is much faster. If it is going for the sleeping chambers, speed doesn't matter.

Wubula moves N N W, and opens the door.
Sukuzu moves N N W W S S.
(They both try to do this silently)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 17, 2009, 04:41:33 pm
Moving swiftly, our heroes once more enter the corridor. They move silently, aware that their enemy is close by. The dark dank corridor feels more oppressive than ever before, as the threat of violence hangs heavy in the air. Soon, this will end one way or another.

Map:
(http://i43.tinypic.com/20fow7q.png)

OOC: Ok, Dabir left for this turn. If Son doesn't show up during the weekend I'm handing Sukuzu over to Dabir, to give him something more than the slowest unit around to play with.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 17, 2009, 05:09:12 pm
Lukipela: When exactly is there considered to be no enemy around, for the purpose of free actions?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 17, 2009, 05:24:37 pm
Hmm.. That's a good question. Technically there is no enemy around right now, even though you know where one is. Lets go with that. As long as you don't have visual contact you are out of battle, even if you know where the enemy is.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 17, 2009, 05:35:14 pm
Wawa makes up its mind to go through the south door rather than try to chase down the warrior, and moves S-S-W for this purpose.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 17, 2009, 05:59:28 pm
Lukipela: I don't think that has the desirable effect when gas granades are involved.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 17, 2009, 06:03:14 pm
You still have visual contact with someone inside a smoke cloud, it's just so bad that you can't see them.

EDITS: Oops, the guests are arriving. Next update tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 18, 2009, 11:33:33 am
As Sukuzu silently moves through the corrdior, he can pick up the faint clicking up spider legs upon a floor.  Suddenly, what can only be described as a shocked hiss reaches his sensitive ears. The faint clicking then picks up again, this time growing stronger as he feels the foul creature approach once more. Caressing his weapon, he prepare for the inevitable endgame. His fellow warriors prepare for battle as well, unsure of what they are facing.

Map:
(http://i41.tinypic.com/2871w6d.png)

OOC: For those of you who are interested, after coming upon the corrdior and seeing that the Andrsoynth quarter door is open, the Warrior has come to the conclusion that there are no backup forces to raise here. thus he intends to either sneak past you or at least strike you in the back when you least expect it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 18, 2009, 11:45:02 am
I move N N N W, not that I'll arrive in time. (By the way, it looks like I haven't had the time, or the patience, to make IC posts lately)

As for what to do with the Warrior, let's just ignore him for now and explore the western room. Since Bach needs only 1 more XP to level up, we might want to let Bach duke it out by himself with the Warrior (he'll get really wounded, but he'll heal once he kills the Ilwrath; he'll need a little help at first though, somebody needs to wound the Warrior a little before that though).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 18, 2009, 01:09:27 pm
Since we're "out of combat"... W, loot corpse, S, loot corpse, W, loot corpse. Time to find out what that slayer does. And Sukuzu should wait until we know, because Wubula will probably give it to him, so he can go one on one with the warrior.
(And don't worry guys, Wubula won't keep all the loot for herself)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 18, 2009, 11:08:44 pm
Update tomorrow since wine and stuff means it'd probably go woring toay. Just a short update to let you know that Son won't be back until Tuesday. So Sukuzu shifts from meep to Dabir on Sunday night, and well see when/if Son returns.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 19, 2009, 01:19:37 pm
Wubula quickly steps through the corpses, looting as she goes. She picks up two spike grenades, and a Bonecrusher (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755). The Slayer (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58753#msg58753) intrigues her, but worries her at the same time. Where did the Ilwrath get access to such technology?

Map:
(http://i44.tinypic.com/rauslk.png)

OOC: Since Wubula is already carrying two weapons, she leaves behind the Paingiver carried by the apprentice, the locked Personalised Handgun carried by the Private and can't actually lift the Slayer (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58753#msg58753) unless she declares that she wants to drop one of her current weapons. She does pick up a Spike Grenade& spare spike from the apprentice and a second spike grenade from the dead Warrior. Oh, and the =http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755Bonecrusher (http://=http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755Bonecrusher) of course.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 19, 2009, 02:19:02 pm
So why does the bone crusher have 6 charges? And what happens after that? Does it break?

Ok, so we know that the Slayer won't kill anyone in a single attack, and that it is best to attack its wielder from a distance. It is a nice weapon to attack multiple enemies with though.

And it looks like the Warrior is waiting for us.

Some of us could go around and attack it from a better position. We could also use the stun baton (giving things is free now). Or Sukuzu could attack directly, perhaps protecting himself with his table.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 19, 2009, 04:37:54 pm
It's because I copypasted it from the stun baton, I'll go remove that.

Also, just to make sure it's clear. Unlike the Fleshroaster the Slayer is not a area effect weapon. The range described is for a single shot. If you fire at someone standing three squares away, only that person and those standing in the splash area between you and the target will get hit. Once the shot impacts someone, it stops and no further squares are affected.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 20, 2009, 11:21:57 am
Sukuzu and Wawa left, and Dabir is in charge of both. Off you go!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 20, 2009, 11:29:34 am
If Sukuzu wants the Slayer, Wubula will give it to him (still in this turn).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 20, 2009, 05:59:07 pm
Suzuku gladly accepts the Slayer from Wubula, licking his chops at the idea of turning his enemy's weapon against it. His new gun at the ready, he leaps S-S-W, barely able to contain himself but aware that should he be seen before he is ready, all could be lost. He has a powerful weapon now, but he is mindful that the warrior has the same.

Wawa trudges on, stepping S-E and opening the first of the doors. It realises that closing them might not have been the cleverest idea.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 20, 2009, 08:35:58 pm
I was hoping to do an update this evening, but it seems I got caught up with improving graphics. And failed spectacularly. So next update tomorrow. Sorry :(


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 20, 2009, 09:01:56 pm
Suzuku gladly accepts the Slayer from Wubula, licking his chops at the idea of turning his enemy's weapon against it. His new gun at the ready, he leaps S-S-W
...right into a wall.
Note that Sukuzu has 6 MOV. Also note that the claws are just as powerful as the Slayer, and don't take a plasma charge.
What he can do though is S S, wield table, S, fire Slayer W.
 


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 20, 2009, 09:57:38 pm
'Tis the curse of Suzuku, not being able to tell left from right!
Slightly dazed from his mad rush into the brickwork, Suzuku... does exactly what meep just said because that's a good plan.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 21, 2009, 06:21:12 pm
'Tis the curse of Suzuku, not being able to tell left from right!
Slightly dazed from his mad rush into the brickwork, Suzuku... does exactly what meep just said because that's a good plan.

Ahahahaha.  :D I didn't even notice that until I started updating right now and moved him into a wall. I'll give you a bit to sort it out.

EDIT: Darn, Dabir was just on and I hoped he'd be back by now. Oh well, Son should be back tomorrow anyhow, and if not maybe meep can take over since Dabir seems a tad busy. Slow going, but we'll get through this lads. My original estimate of June may not have been that far off :)

EDIT2: Huh. I could have sworn that was Yeti posting above me, not Dabir. Sorry bout that. Too late for an update now as I'm heading out, but we'll be back for more adventures tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 22, 2009, 11:41:14 am
OOC&IC: I have returned ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 22, 2009, 06:46:30 pm
As Wawa blissfully keeps heading away from the battle and anything remotely interesting, Sukuzu hefts his table shield and prepares for battle. Rounding the corner, he spots his foe immediately. The Slayer makes an odd sound as superheated plasma is discharged, careening down the corridor with an inhuman screeching sound. As the sound scours his ears while plasma scours the walls, Sukuzu idly wonder if the Ilwrath consider the sound a flaw or a perk. The very sound of this weapon certainly sounds like torture.

The ineffectiveness of the weapon is pretty apparent, as large amounts of plasma simply embeds itself in the walls or sprays on the floor. But enough reaches his foe to cover his carapace. As the incandescent material burns his toughened carapace, the Ilwrath grunts in pain. Not for long though. He deftly raises his own weapon and lets a charge fly. It is a good thing that Sukuzu carries a shield. The first load of plasma careens into it, charring the table shield yet leaving Sukuzu almost unharmed. Only a few small globs manage to bypass his defences, filling his nose with the smell of smoking Shofixti.

Taken aback by this strange device, the Ilwraths next shot goes wide. It harmlessly burns the wall to Sukuzus left.


Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/295r6mw.png)

OOC:

Sukuzu hits the Ilwrath with a single bullseye, so the enemy now has 2 HP. The Warrior retaliates by firing his Slayer twice. On the first shot, he scores 3 hits. Luckily, with the Table shield Sukuzu has 6 parries. The first parry succeeds, as does the fifth one.  The shield has thus been subjected to one hit, and has three left, and Sukuzu is subjected to one hit and loses 1 HP. On his second shot the Ilwrath misses completely. I guess his shots were gravitating towards the mean value or something.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 22, 2009, 08:21:46 pm
I'm moving W W W S.

I think Sukuzu shouldn't have equipped the Table Shield, all he can manage now (due to the loss of MOV) is 6 strikes, so he only has a ~50% chance of killing the Warrior.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 23, 2009, 05:42:21 pm
I was going to do an update, but Tinypic isn't working. Any suggestions for alternatives? Also, if someone else could move as well, that'd be swell. In particular Sukuzu, as I suspect Wubula is waiting on him. If Son doesn't move or contact me before tomorrow I'm going to assume his computer is back n the fritz and let someone else take charge.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 24, 2009, 09:10:07 am
Enthralled by the pure destructive force and chaos that Slayer brings to anything that stands in its path, Sukuzu decides to try it out some more and finish the already half-cooked warrior.

Summary: fire Slayer W x2


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 24, 2009, 12:15:09 pm
If she is safe there from the warrior's Slayer, Wubula moves S S S, otherwise just S S. (I'm not quite sure how it works if the charge misses Sukuzu.)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 24, 2009, 06:15:48 pm
No update today, sorry guys.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 25, 2009, 04:38:30 pm
The corridor glows eerily as plasma once again flies through the air. The Warrior is badly burned now and the shock makes him lose focus. Confused, he tries to pull himself together. But the pain is too great and he falters. Meanwhile, Wubula waddles closer, taking care to stay beyond the reach of the splashing plasma.

Map:
(http://i44.tinypic.com/16jm3y0.png)

OOC: Sukuzu scores one bullseye and stuns his enemy. Forgot to subtract his ammo, I'll do that in the next update. The splash travels forward and outwards, so it hits the squares to Sukuzus sides as well., but no squares behind him. Dabir left this round.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 25, 2009, 10:18:53 pm
Hey Son, whaddaya think, should you retreat now with the others and let me face the Warrior by myself (thus gaining a level) or not?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 26, 2009, 02:39:40 pm
Or... Wubula does S S W and fires at the enemy. Wubula needs XP too, and there's still the reward of the sidequest (if we choose do do it, which I am in favour of), giving all of us XP.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 26, 2009, 02:58:52 pm
S, open door, S


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 26, 2009, 05:30:30 pm
OOC: Ok, gonna let someone else do the kill be it Yeti or meep, we do need more leveling asap. You two decide who's gonna finish this.

IC: Encumbered by the heavy Ilwrtath plasma caster and his homemade Tower Shield, Sukuzu chooses to tactically fall back and rethink his weapon choices for this battle. If he didn't knew better he would say that somebody else rearranged them, not him. But nah, that's impossible.

summary: remove Table Shield, move N N N


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 26, 2009, 06:25:33 pm
Infuriated, the Warrior lets more plasma fly, once more scorching Sukuzus fur but doing little damage thanks to the table shield.

Map:
(http://i44.tinypic.com/r9idc5.png)

OOC: Three hits for the Ilwrath, two first parried by the shield, the remaining penetrating all four parries. Pretty unlikely stuff that. So the Shield is now down to one hit point. Moved Sukuzu, so the other three left.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 26, 2009, 07:35:27 pm
Wubula moves S S and fires at the Ilwrath.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 26, 2009, 09:27:31 pm
Bach moves N W W W, intending to search through the bookcase.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 27, 2009, 04:23:49 pm
The Warrior is tired and confused, badly burned and wearied by the fight. As the blue fiend turns the corner, he doesn't even attempt to doge the bullets. Resigned, he delivers himself to the embrace of his dark gods, dying with the knowledge that the pain he feels now is nothing compared to what he will experience soon.

Meanwhile, the ever vigilant Bach enters the Command room, looking around but seeing no one.


Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/wrcje1.png)

OOC: Wubula scores a bullseye killing the warrior. Dabir left to move. Great positioning.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 27, 2009, 09:18:13 pm
Wawa about-faces and begins the trudge back, N, N and N again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 27, 2009, 10:21:45 pm
Unless something unexpected happens, Wubula moves W W W and loots the corpse.
And Wawa needs a teleportation ability. :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Yetiers on April 28, 2009, 04:02:14 pm
Bach moves S and searches through the bookcases, then he moves N W W and searches through the bookcases as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on April 28, 2009, 04:23:05 pm
IC: Sukuzu runs W N N W W S W to give Wawa a piggyback ride and helps his slim green friend in his journeyman agony. ;)

And Wawa needs a teleportation ability. :)

Quite possible defensive/general upgrade level up power for Arilou.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 28, 2009, 05:53:05 pm
And Wawa needs a teleportation ability. :)
Quite possible defensive/general upgrade level up power for Arilou.
Teleport to any location within visible range for both AP sounds reasonable. Useful to get from A to B, but not usable to quickly move somewhere and then attack, as Sukuzu can do. It would bring Wawa back into the game.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 29, 2009, 07:08:44 pm
As Wawa bwegins the long trudge back, his fellow warriors are busy. Wubula waddles over to the fallen warrior, removing both his Bonecrusher (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58755#msg58755) and a Spike Grenade (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg57406#msg57406). She faces an interesting dilemma though. Carrying a third weapon will slow her down unacceptably, meaning that if she wants the Slayer (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58753#msg58753) she will have to discard one of her current weapons. As she considers which weapon to keep, she leans her heavy body towards the wall. She knows that they haven't been inside the temple for more than half an hour or so, but she already feels tired. In a way, it feels as if she has been here for months on end.

Mr Bach feels the same tiredness, although for him it is a fleeting emotion, soon to be replaced by his normal burning fervour. The fist bookcase is filled with old books, worn things. Their covers are dusty wrinkled, made from tanned hides of some sort. Quickly ripping books out and flipping through them, Bach finds nothing much of interest. the writing is unknown, probably some sort of religious Ilwrath script. In one of the books, there are a few pictures of interest. Several maps of the region are hand drawn, as well as some disturbing anatomical diagrams of the small green aliens previously encountered. On the next page, there is a drawing of a flower, much like the one Sukuzu picked. It is surrounded by small flying insects.

The inside of one book is hollow. Inside a small leather wrap, a delicate looking knife (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg58838#msg58838) resides. It's made of ornately crafted metal, yet still looks Ilwrath in design. It gives off a strange feeling, which makes Bach uncomfortable. Some sort of Demon madness.

The second bookcase yields more interesting things. The books here are more modern and easily studied. They mostly appear to be Androsynth military manuals and operational guidelines. Some of them will be highly prised back at HQ. One in particular catches Bach's interest, containing neat hand writing. It is the Sergeants diary. Of special interest is the fact that the head scientists room contains a trapdoor behind his bookcase, and that it lies to the right of the blue door. Another fact that may come in handy is that the High Priest carries an odd staff, which the Sergeant considers deadly. A cryptic note regarding the "Spawning pool" close to the altar is also interesting. It says this room is devoid of anything but Ilwrath spawn.

Map:
(http://i42.tinypic.com/9usq52.png)

OOC: Links coming later on, this already took ages. In short, bookcases usually contain hints and clues, whereas chests contain items. New turn, but in order to save time feel free to post several turns ahead, until you're ready to go through the blue door (finally).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 29, 2009, 08:15:01 pm
Third weapon? Wubula is already carrying a Personalised Handgun, Stun Baton, Handgun, Ceremonial Dagger, and two Bonecrushers (and a couple of granades).
So what would she have to drop?
Maybe we should all say what we want. I think Wubula could do with the slayer, so that all three of the front line will have a big weapon.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on April 29, 2009, 08:18:55 pm
Third weapon? Wubula is already carrying a Personalised Handgun, Stun Baton, Handgun, Ceremonial Dagger, and two Bonecrushers (and a couple of granades).
So what would she have to drop?
Maybe we should all say what we want. I think Wubula could do with the slayer, so that all three of the front line will have a big weapon.

You can carry any number of melee weapons, since they're pretty easy to just strap to your back or keep in a holster. you can't carry more than two ranged weapons though, since they are quite a bit heavier and clumsier. That's why Bach dropped his Paingiver back when he picked up the Fleshroaster.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on April 29, 2009, 09:36:15 pm
That knife might be good for Wawa, having two strikes compared to Sissy Slap's limp-wristed 1.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on April 29, 2009, 10:21:11 pm
Ok, then Wubula drops the Handgun.
How many bullets are there left in the Personalised Handgun?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 01, 2009, 04:28:31 pm
9 bulelts left, and you currently have no spare clips. While you're organizing yourself and we have free time, it might be good to check out that chest as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 01, 2009, 05:18:33 pm
Oh, and I should add that she picks up the Slayer.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 01, 2009, 05:44:42 pm
There seems to be a post missing here that I thought I did a day ago. I was going to state that since you're out of combat and the only place to go is the blue door, I think it's easier if you all just agree on who gets what and where you want to stand where the door opens. That way we save some time (or would have anyhow, if this message had appeared earlier. The chest contains a spare Personalised handgun clip, a spare plasma clip, and an extra gas tank.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 01, 2009, 07:02:56 pm
There have been some problems over the last few days with the database server crashing. It is possible that your message got lost there.

Ok, let's speed this up: Wubula will take the personalised handgun clip, being the only one with a usable personalised handgun, the gas tank goes to Bach, for the same reason, and Sukuzu can have the plasma charge.
Wubula also gives Bach one of the Bonecrushers, and Bach and Sukuzu each a spike granade. She then wields the Slayer and the other Bonecrusher.
She will stand right in front of the door, on the eastern side.

And I agree that the mysterious knife should go to Wawa.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 01, 2009, 07:07:28 pm
If everyone agrees on that, I just need peoples position and then we're go for an update tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 01, 2009, 07:15:49 pm
Oh, let's also put the chest and bookcases in front of the red door, in case something wants to come out.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 01, 2009, 07:20:28 pm
Roger that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 03, 2009, 07:51:59 am
Come on, Yeti, Dabir and Son. Positions please and also tell me who is opening the door with the keycard (-1 AP).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 03, 2009, 09:37:52 am
Wawa takes up a position on top of the ilwrath corpse 1 square away from the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 03, 2009, 05:24:18 pm
Sukuzu deploys himself N of Wawa.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 04, 2009, 10:40:55 am
It seems our game has slowed down quite a bit lately, but we're getting close to the end now. Yeti, get a move on. If I don't hear from you before tomorrow, I'll have to temporarily reassign your character.

As an aside, I detect a certain slowness and lack of enthusiasm from certain parties. If you're getting tired of playing, I'd prefer if you let me know rather than just drag your feet. I can always reassign your units if you've lost interest, or (worst case scenario) shut things down. I've learned a lot already from this first run, which will hopefully serve to improve the game. But I would like to see the mission get finished.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 05, 2009, 10:13:24 am
Fine, meep-eep is in charge of Bach for the week to come (unless he wants to cede him to someone else) on account of being the most active player of late.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 05, 2009, 01:36:51 pm
Sukuzu's move would place him on the same square as Wubula. No matter, in the interest of speed, I'll put Wubula on the western square.
Bach will take place one square south of Wubula.
And Wubula will open the door.

Maybe Dabir should take control of Bach, so he/she gets to do something else than have Wawa run after the rest of the team.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 05, 2009, 06:07:59 pm
After spending a while redecorating the control room, our heroes feel relatively sure that anyone coming at them from there will be severely delayed. Switching gear with each other, they nervously approach the locked door.

Before they can open it, Wawa scans the odd knife, marvelling at what he finds. The knife is old, made by some unknown Ilwrath in days gone by. There is no hatred and anger here, only a pure beauty that wrenches at his heart. This dagger is a beautiful as the bauble he once carried and can be used much in the same way.

Wubula extends her hand with the key card and slides it into the reader. After a few beeps, the door soundlessly splits down the middle and retracts into the walls. A new corrdidor opens up in front of our heroes. Mindful of the enemy close by, they prepare for battle.


Map:
(http://i43.tinypic.com/2mn2ouq.png)

OOC: Sounds fair meep, if Dabir is up for it he can control Bach until Yeti comes back or for the rest of the mission, whichever comes first.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 05, 2009, 07:26:28 pm
So Wawa can recharge a power with the knife? Can it still be used as a weapon afterwards? And also, checking the Pretty Bauble's page it seems to be a little unclear as to what it can or cannot recharge.

Regardless, I think there's probably only one obvious way to go from here: If Wawa can recharge Psychic Blast it should do so, then Bach should probably step N-N, checking which of the enemies we can actually see. On the basis that both the enemies N of Wubula and Suzuku are visible, Bach should fire W, followed by Wubula going N-W and firing W, Wawa moving N-N and firing E and then finishing with Suzuku moving N-E and meleeing. Sound good?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 06, 2009, 12:06:50 am
Wubula is already down 1 AP, so Wubula should move N, and perhaps fire, then Bach can move N N W, and fire, and then the rest of your plan.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 06, 2009, 10:34:36 am
IC: Meleeing always sounds good, yesss? Yesss it does, we shall do as the little-green-big-mind-man says, yesss? Yessss we will..*grrrrrwarrrr grrr*


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 06, 2009, 04:33:18 pm
So Wawa can recharge a power with the knife? Can it still be used as a weapon afterwards? And also, checking the Pretty Bauble's page it seems to be a little unclear as to what it can or cannot recharge.

Sorry for not being clear. After usage, it becomes a Boring Knife, but that can still be used as a weapon. If you want to recharge your power before attacking, just say so. It won't consume AP since you would have had time to do that while we were in the free phase. Anyhow I'll get to your moves pretty soon, but I assume your attack is the regular gun and not something else?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 06, 2009, 05:03:17 pm
As our heroes fling themselves into the corridor, carnage erupts. Two Ilwrtah Warriors are poised in front of one door each, apparently guarding whatever lies beyond. Once more, the Warriors prove their mettle. Even surprised, they are not easy pickings. Wubulas shots glance harmlessly of a carapace, and Mr Bach does no better. Wawa, gentle being that he is fudges his shot completely, spike clattering harmlessly against the ceiling. Only Sukuzu has some limited success, managing to inflict a blow strong enough to daze his enemy. But even with this great start, his enemy manages to evade is following blow.

But our heroes aren't the only ones in trouble here. The Warriors are clearly stunned by the onslaught. The one by Sukuzu flails his Bonecrusher uselessly through the air, hitting nothing and leaving himself wide open for a counter attack. His ally fares somewhat better, causing grim havoc with a deadly spike grenade. Barbed painful spikes bury themselves deep within Wubula, Wawa and Bach. His follow up shot is skillfulyl doged by Mr Bach, who twists and turns. Having been fired at an angle to impact on Bach's head, the plasma sails on harmlessly over Wubula and buries itself in the ceiling and causing a rain of sparks.


Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/2przhvs.png)

OOC: Wubula scores two hits, Ilwrath parries. Bach scores one hit, Ilwrath parries. Wawa scores no hits. Sukuzu scores one bullseye and one hit. Ilwrath rolls stun. Sukuzu scores a further hit on his next attack, but the Ilwrath rolls a parry again! End result; east Ilwrath is at -1 HP and -1 AP, Western Ilwrath sustains no injuries.

Enemy turn. Eastern Ilwrath attacks once with Bonecrusher. Swing misses completely. Western Ilwrath throws Spike grenade centred on Wubula. Wubula loses 1 HP, Bach 2 HP and Wawa 1 HP. He then fires his plasma weapon, scoring two further hits on Bach. Bach parries both hits. The explanation for why it doesn't hit his allies who are all standing in a single file isn't very good, but it'll have to do.

Phew, that had the potential to go much worse. Been a long time since we saw action this intense.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 06, 2009, 05:49:54 pm
Wawa ducks around the corner, reloading its Paingiver. Taking its mind away from the sounds of battle, it gazes at its knife, recharging Psychic Blast.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 06, 2009, 05:51:42 pm
OOC: I think Sukuzu should fall back to the hallway or melee the western Ilwrath so any of  you guys could earn XP on these evil guys...erm, aliens that are blocking our path. So, unless someone comes up with a better plan:

IC: Seeing how unskilled his opponent is, unworthy of bearing the title of a Warrior, he turns his behind to him, kicks some dust from the floor at his...face...and chooses to leave him at mercy of his teammates. He then charges W W W W W pass his comrades to meet his next opponent. Shadrenaline rises in him as he sees the spikes on the floor and plasma dripping from the burned walls...this one, may prove challenging enough *grins while his tongue is lashing from his mouth as he runs* *and then* *HOOOOOOWL!!!!*

summary: W W W W W, paws of fury

BTW: as you may or may not know, as of this day, we're enjoying the SC: BEL for exactly 120 days/5 months! :D...and that's a long way to go with an forum strategy/rpg game. Way to go Luki&nice going all! I hope it'll last at least twice this much ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 06, 2009, 07:13:50 pm
I was thinking more along the lines of this:
  • Bach moves W, and fires W twice.
  • Sukuzu claws at the Ilwrath once.
Then, depending on the outcome, we have a few more options:
  • Wubula moves W W W and fire W.
  • Wubula moves W W W and then use the stun baton twice.
  • Wubula moves W, throws a spike granade, W or E, and then maybe uses confusion.
In combination with:
  • Sukuzu moves W W, Wawa fires E, moves S, Sukuzu fires E.
  • Sukuzu claws again, Wawa moves W and throws a spike granade at the western Ilwrath.
  • Sukuzu claws again, Wawa throws a spike granade just past the eastern Ilwrath.
  • Wawa moves W, Sukuzu moves W, Sukuzu fires E, Wawa throws a granade at either Ilwrath.
  • Wawa moves W, Sukuzu moves W, Wawa throws a granade at either Ilwrath, Sukuzu moves E and claws the Ilwrath again.
  • Wawa recharges one of his/her/its powers and uses that power.

I don't want to risk either of the Ilwrath firing a single shot at us, so whatever we don't kill, should be stunned or confused. Only Sukuzu can afford to catch another blast head on.

Hmm... Sukuzu is still listed as wielding the table shield. That wasn't my intention, and it doesn't look like Luki counted it in the last turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 06, 2009, 09:16:07 pm
Hmm... Sukuzu is still listed as wielding the table shield. That wasn't my intention, and it doesn't look like Luki counted it in the last turn.

Yeah, he took it off after the last fight, just forgot to update.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 07, 2009, 04:38:36 pm
Since you seem to be somewhat in the middle of laying plans, I'll give you til tomorrow before I update. At that point I'll execute the moves posted so far sequentially as far as it is possible. Since Dabir is in charge of Bach, he needs to rememebr to move that unit as well.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 07, 2009, 08:20:41 pm
I am firmly in agreement with the W-shoot/suzuku melee idea. I'd suggest that the Stun Baton might be the best idea, and that Wawa should probably duck back to reload and recharge as earlier post.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 07, 2009, 09:57:50 pm
Let's just do the first part first, and then decide after we see the result.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 08, 2009, 05:21:11 pm
As Wawa gazes into the beauty of his ancient relic, Mr. Bach has other plans. Bent on punishing the filthy heathen aliens, he unleashes two volleys of deadly shots from his rifle. The Warrior proves a worthy adversary. His tough carapace deflects most of the hits, only a single bullet penetrating his lower abdomen. He hisses in pain and recoils, as foul liquids begin seeping out from the wound.

Thus, he is unprepared for the carnage that is Sukuzu. Sharp claws rip at his vulnerable legs, nearly dismembering two of them in the process. The Warrior reacts with admirable speed, quickly dodging the rest of Sukuzus barrage.


Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/2i9m98p.png)

OOC: Since Dabir posted that he partially agrees with meeps plan, I executed his moves for Wawa and Bach first. Then I did Sons move, since he hasn't changed it or said anything about the proposed plan. That means that Wubula can't continue onwards in accordance to the plan, there is nowhere for her to stand.

Bach first shot scores one hit, which is parried. Second shot scores two hits, one of which is parried. Warrior is -1 HP. Sukuzu hits the enemy with one bullseye, the other three hits miss. Western Ilwrath is now at 1 HP total. Dabir has Psychic blast and a reloaded Paingiver.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 08, 2009, 10:15:04 pm
Erm... I was suggesting an alternative plan, not something to be mixed with the old plan... this is going to hurt...

I'm not posting my move yet as I only have a few minutes right now, and I have to calculate some probabilities first.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 08, 2009, 11:23:24 pm
I suggest that Wubula drink a chemical cocktail, then try and melee the warrior to the east.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 09, 2009, 08:16:46 am
Erm... I was suggesting an alternative plan, not something to be mixed with the old plan... this is going to hurt...

Sorry, but I said I'd execute the moves as far as possible. Dabir clearly agreed with you on moving Bach but not on moving  Wawa. He posted first so I executed those first. Son didn't post any agreements with your plan at all, so I moved him second in accordance with his post since he posted second. The end result is that there is only Wubula left to move before the Ilwrath get heir turn. Not a great position to be in, but the one the players opted for. The alternative would have been for me to wait longer and see if there was any more discussion, but that means more days of waiting which the game can hardly afford.

I suggest that Wubula drink a chemical cocktail, then try and melee the warrior to the east.  (http://I suggest that Wubula drink a chemical cocktail, then try and melee the warrior to the east.)

Drinking a cocktail consumes 1 AP, leaving her with 1AP/2MOV. That means she can't melee her enemy, only fire upon him.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 09, 2009, 02:40:41 pm
I would expect that you'd only perform the part which was specified as a move, not as a plan (in development).
But I'll make lemon juice.

Wubula throws the spike granade W of the western Ilwrath, then moves E, protecting Wawa, and then drinks the cocktail.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 09, 2009, 03:47:53 pm
I would expect that you'd only perform the part which was specified as a move, not as a plan (in development).
But I'll make lemon juice.

In hindsight, I probably should have done that. I just read Dabirs second post as an affirmative that he wanted to execute the beginning of your plan, i.e. move Bach as well. This is why I prefer explicit instructions, if there are implicit ones around I usually get them wrong.

Updating tomorrow anyhow, bit busy today.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 09, 2009, 03:50:21 pm

Quote from: Dabir
I suggest that Wubula drink a chemical cocktail, then try and melee the warrior to the east.

Drinking a cocktail consumes 1 AP, leaving her with 1AP/2MOV. That means she can't melee her enemy, only fire upon him.
It's true that drink-E-E-melee would be impossible, but if I interpret the rules correctly then Wubula should be able to execute E-drink-E-melee.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 09, 2009, 04:36:39 pm
It's true that drink-E-E-melee would be impossible, but if I interpret the rules correctly then Wubula should be able to execute E-drink-E-melee.

How so? Moving E means she has 3MOV/2AP. Drinking the cocktail consumes 1 AP, which corresponds to half of her MOV leaving her with 1 MOV/ 1AP. Moving E again consumes the final MOV, thus using up her last AP. Your two AP always correspond to half of your MOV value. If your MOV value is odd, it corresponds to that value rounded up. In Wawa's case that means that it starts with 3 MOV / 2 AP. Using something leaves it with 1 MOV/1AP, giving it the choice of either moving or performing another action.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 09, 2009, 09:33:30 pm
Dabir seems to be under the same misconception as I was that each AP is considered independently, and that performing a non-move action uses up the rest of the AP, but never anything of the next AP.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 10, 2009, 12:26:47 am
Yeah, that's it. I THOUGHT that the way I saw it was a bit inconsistent, and that's why.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 10, 2009, 03:08:09 pm
EDIT: Dammit, as I upload this I realise I did a Sukuzu and misread east and west. I'll leave this here as an alternate history and do the eastern version as soon as I can (although probably not today, this was all the time I had :(. If for some reason you're okay with this instead meep, let me know and we'll roll form here. If not, I'll make a new update tomorrow/later on.

EDIT2: New update done, managed to negotiate some time. Looks like alternate reality is a lot grimmer, so scroll past this to the real update!

Finding herself in a desperate situation, Wubula flings a spike grenade at the closest enemy. The grenade detonates right above the Warriors head, sending a rain of spike right into its head and eyes. Tough as he is, the Warrior is not able to survive such a heinous injury. It crumples to the floor, ichor and guts leaking out of its ruined husk.

The other Warrior fares much better. Sukuzu has not positioned himself well and now faces the full fury of the Bonecrusher. He manages to partially avoid the first blow, but the very end of the instruments sharp end impacts his temple, stunning him and obscuring his vision as warm brown Shofixti blood flows into his eyes from the gash it opens. Because of that, he is defenceless when the second blow falls, the blunt end of the Bonecrusher smashing his chest and causing massive trauma. While no bones crack under the impact, some splinter and his flesh is badly bruised.


Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/1zdcg7a.png)

OOC: Wubula scores two hits with her grenade, killing the Ilwrath. The other warrior attacks with his Bonecrusher. First attack scores two hits, Sukuzu uses up all his parries to turn that into one stun. Second attack scores 3 hits, none of which can be parried anymore. Sukuzu loses 3 HP, coming down to 2 HP total. If he wishes to withdraw, remember that he can only move three steps, and that moving away from melee gives the Warrior one free 50/5 shot of causing an additional point of damage.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 10, 2009, 04:45:50 pm
Wubulas hidden strength come in handy now, as she sends a spike grenade sailing over her allies heads. As intended, the trajectory takes the grenade well past the Warrior before it detonates.  Unprepared, the Warriors back is pierced by twisted spike shrapnel, tearing into its abdomen and shredding its vital organs. Not even the mightiest of Warriors can survive such grievous injuries and it sags to the floor as bodily fluids leak out. Rasping in agony, its baleful glare focuses on Wubula for a short while, before the light in it's tiny spider eyes goes out.

Quaffing a healing cocktail, Wubula moves east to protect her little friend. Her insides burn as the potent chemicals goes to work, stimulating her body to reknit its flesh and rebuild any damage sustained. She has never felt this alive before and feels ready for anything. Confidently she stares at the last Warrior and blows it a mocking kiss.

The Warrior attacks with fury. Wounded and tired, it has seen its fellow cut down. Now is the time for revenge. However, this rage makes the Bonecrusher strikes a little more unsure. Coupled with Wubulas revitalised reactions, the Bonecrusher only scrapes her left arm causing negligible injury.


Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2f0407s.png)

OOC: Grenade hits Warrior for 1 HP, Warrior dies. Other Warrior scores one hit on first attack, Wubula parries. Warrior scores two hits on second attack, Wubula parries one. I'm seriously relieved, what with how Sukuzu got pretty cut up in alternate reality world. I was actually cheering when the Warrior failed his first attack :) Well played!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 10, 2009, 05:11:36 pm
Don't forget to update Wubula's XP counter. :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 10, 2009, 05:20:49 pm
Don't forget to update Wubula's XP counter. :)


And remove her Cocktail and grenade. :) All done.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 10, 2009, 05:25:13 pm
Seeing how nice and tidy our character page is now after the big cleaning, I can't but to ask what's up with the "androsynth eye" entry in Yetis inventory? ??? It's been like that for ages :P

EDIT: And also there are two entries for table shield in Sukuzu's inventory (one with remaining hp of the shield and another one without it).

EDIT2: And P. Handgun clip entry in Wubula's inventory isn't linked to the entry on the units/items thread.

Not nagging, just observing  ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 10, 2009, 05:53:25 pm
Good observations, fixed everything but the clip which I'll get to later.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 10, 2009, 06:53:28 pm
It seems that you also forgot to update the inventories after the actions in this thread (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4379.msg58870#msg58870). This also confused me in this thread (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4379.msg58941#msg58941). (Wubula did not have the option to use the stun baton.)

Wubula uses the Bonecrusher at the Ilwrath. If that doesn't kill it, she then moves S S to clear the way for Bach's fire. If it does, she moves E, and loots the corpse. Wubula wants a new spike granade :). Oh, and let's see what's on that sign.

Edit: turned https links into http links.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 10, 2009, 07:08:19 pm
For some reason your links don't work on my browser, no idea why. If I've failed to update the inventory I'm sorry and will get right to it as soon as I can. Next move tomorrow.

EDIT: For some reason your links have htps, not http which doesn't work. I see what you mean, I must have missed the second row completely, I only gave out the stuff from the chest. Will rectify this tomorrow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 11, 2009, 06:12:56 pm
Swinging her newest melee weapon, Wubula lands two solid blows upon her foe. First the blunt end catches the Ilwrath on the right side of its head. Dazed by the hit, it fails to avoid the sharp end slashing through his carapace and gouging his flesh. As Wubula withdraws the weapon, small barbs widen the wound.

Thinking about her friends, Wubula decides that Mr. Bach could do with a good killing. He hasn't been himself lately, the poor thing. Maybe killing an unclean spider will cheer him up. As she steps back the Warrior takes advantage and flicks out with his Bonecrusher, smacking her shoulder. Wincing with pain, Wubula continues her withdrawal.


Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2zf7ryf.png)

OOC: Wubula scores two hits, Ilwrath converts one into a stun and fails to parry the other. Ilwrath is now at 1 HP with no paries. Wubula moves away, giving the Ilwrath a free hit (only double stun would cancel this). The Ilwrath succeeds in his strike. Can't see the sign yet, it's obscured by the enemy. Also shifted the Bonecrushers and spike grenades.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 11, 2009, 08:30:22 pm
Oops, I forgot about that rule. Oh, well...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 13, 2009, 12:51:47 am
OOC: wth, 2 days pass and nobody posted???  ??? >:(  Well let me shake you a bit my dear teammates...alternate realities or not!  ;)

IC: Bored by the poor combat display of  both his comrades and enemies, Sukuzu eagerly runs W and opens the door to his right. Let's make this battle a bit more even and a bit more fun, he thinks, while the adrenaline surges wildly through every vein in his small body.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 13, 2009, 05:51:57 am
I was just going to give Dabir a heads up, since we've all pretty much been waiting for Bach. Dabir, get a move on! I'm updating this evening, and I'd like to see Bach and Wawa move before that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 13, 2009, 06:27:43 pm
As Sukuzu lets the door slide open, he notices an odd smell. There is something rotten inside, a stench that makes his airways burn. As he cautiously peers in, his whiskers tremble. The room is like something from a nightmare. The walls are covered in dried blood, the floor filled with dried entrails. A large altar stands to one side, strange arcane energies glowing from a green crystal. Behind it, a dried out old Ilwrath priest stands, writhed claws holding a staff above its head. This must be the High Priest (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59040#msg59040), accompanied by a regular priest and an apprentice. They are clearly in the middle of some ritual, which has now been disturbed. Punishment for such insolence will surely follow.

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/a173f7.png)

OOC: The spiders haven't seen you yet, but they have noticed the door opening. If you close it someone will come looking.

Dabir is hereby warned for inactivity. If I don't hear from him before tomowrrow, I guess I'll have to redistribute the characters again. At this time I'd like the input of the remaining players. I don't think I'm going to bring any new players in at this late juncture, it wouldn't be very fair to them since we are very close to done with just a couple of rooms left. If the two of you are interested in playing this to an end with two characters each, I can roll with that. But if you've had your fun and figure it might be smart to quit while ahead, that's acceptable as well. We've gotten much much further than I ever thought we would and I've learned enough to make some rather sweeping changes before the next game.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 13, 2009, 06:43:48 pm
Bach opens fire on the Warrior to the east, his features contorted into a vicious, violent joy as his weapon blazes away at the spider monster.

Wawa steps N to see...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 13, 2009, 06:55:43 pm
Bach's bullets tear the Warrior apart. It collapses in a pile, life essences spilling over the ground. Wawa carefully peeks around the corner at the dead creature. Behind the corpse, it can see a sign. The text is very small though, and can't be made out from here.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/2wgt9pd.png)

OOC: Bach scores a kill on his first attack. He gains an XP, and it is thus time for his next level. The choices are Offensive, General and Defensive. By my count, Bach has 2 MOV/1AP, wawa has 2 MOV/2 AP, Wubulahas finished her turn and Sukuzu has 2 MOV / 1AP left. Let me know what other moves you plan this turn, or if you don't plan any.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 13, 2009, 07:15:28 pm
IC: Sukuzu moves quickly E and stands by the wall, away from the horrors ahead. He then prepares the big plasma weapon that he was carrying on his back and taps its clip uttering few silent words: "Finally some fun...an Ilwrath High Priest! It's a chance for me to regain my honor. Definitely time for some Slaying. "

OOC: That Gem must be in some connection with the strange mental vibes and Pretty Flower.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 13, 2009, 11:39:29 pm
Is that chemical cocktail supposed to be in my inventory? I used one, but did I have two?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 14, 2009, 03:56:59 pm
Dabir, get cracking so that we can finish the turn. If you don't, I'l assume you don't want to move.

meep: I think you've picked up an extra, but I'm not sure. I'll have to go leaf through the thread at some stage. There were two in the sergeants room and one in the other room. Did you give one away?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 14, 2009, 05:18:51 pm
Wawa moves W-W, and Bach steps W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 14, 2009, 05:26:18 pm
Sukuzu already moved East, so Bach can't move W-W without some discomfort.

EDIT: Also pick the upgrade for Bach.

This (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4379.msg58286#msg58286) is where you got two cocktails. And you gave your medikit (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4379.msg58379#msg58379) away. Don't recall anyone shifting stuff after this...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 14, 2009, 06:08:51 pm
Ok, I guess she's still got one then.
Shouldn't someone (Wawa?) loot the eastern Ilwrath corpse?
I also propose that we hold of leveling up Bach, to give Yetiers some more time to return.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 14, 2009, 06:42:39 pm
Yetiers hasn't been on line in ten days and he hasn't replied to PM's or email. He also gave no advance warning that he'd be gone, unlike before. I'm guessing he is gone for good. But fair enough, lets give him the benefit of doubt. I'll give him 3 weeks all in all, so until the 25th. With our current speed we wont move far in that time. And if he hasn't let us know by then, his upgrades and the likes can be decided by whoever is in charge by then. Sound fair?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 14, 2009, 07:25:23 pm
OOC: I think he didn't visit the adventures on SCDB for a long time too...hope he's alright  :-\

If you used every possible means to contact Yeti, but to no avail due to  his absence, 3 weeks sounds more than fair. Hell, I would do it after 1 week, for games sake  ::)

As for the upgrade I don't see what's the problem. We can upgrade Bach now, and when (and if) he returns, Luki could ask him if he wants to keep the upgrade or change it for some other (e.g. we take general, he wants offensive - offensive it is).

But I think we should leave an option open for him - no matter who becomes in charge of Bach, I think that it would only be fair that whenever Yeti returns he should be allowed to resume control of his I-played-Human-Trooper-for-more-than-five-months character. Be it beginning of July or end of August.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 14, 2009, 08:51:34 pm
The only problem with allowing an "out" on the upgrade chosen is that the paths are supposed to be secret. So if he comes back within a week or so, let him pick, otherwise someone chooses for him and he's stuck if he returns, I say; we can't let it delay to the point where it bog things down more (the upgrade is bound to be useful eventually), but it shouldn't have too much of an immediate effect if it's put off for a short while.

Just my 2 cents, carry on.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 15, 2009, 06:30:09 am
If Yeti returns before the game is over, has a very good explanation and Dabir is fine with it he can retake Bach. I'll wait  until the 25th before upgrading Bach, it looks like we wont be much further along by then. Update this evening or possibly tomorrow afternoon if I get rushed.

EDIT: Got rushed, update Saturday.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 16, 2009, 02:00:54 pm
The Ilwrath act swiftly. The apprentice moves to the open door, and spots Sukuzu and the rest of the crew immediately. He hisses a warning to the priests and you can hear clicking from within the room. Then he throws himself at Sukuzu, mandibles tearing and ripping at the Shofixti. At close quarters and already wounded and tired, Sukuzus attempts to dodge the hideous mouth are feeble and unsuccessful. The Apprentice rips large chunks of flesh off his body, causing grievous wounds.

Map
(http://i42.tinypic.com/smd5s2.png)

OOC

Ilwrath rolls three hits, Sukuzu manages 1 parry. Even though Bach doesn’t upgrade yet, I’m giving him the full HP that comes with it. New turn, you all know what to do now.




Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 16, 2009, 05:42:39 pm
Let's kill the apprentice and then fall back, with Bach standing in front.
I suggest that Sukuzu attacks the apprentice once, Wawa takes a step back, giving Sukuzu the time he needs to move E E and use a healing item. Bach can then finish off the apprentice from a distance. If he doesn't succeeed, Wawa can throw a granade. (Or if the apprentice is already at death's door after Sukuzu's attack and one of Bach's attacks, Wawa can finish it off with a granade, giving him/her/it the much needed XP.)
There isn't much for Wubula to do, so she can then loot the corpse in the east side of the corridor; she still wants a new granade.

And I'm missing a blip in the eastern room.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 16, 2009, 05:46:23 pm
And I'm missing a blip in the eastern room.

Huh. That's spooky. I haven't touched that room but between map 107 and map 108 it seems to have disappeared. It'll be back in the next update.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 16, 2009, 08:30:47 pm
I suggest that Sukuzu attacks the apprentice once...move E E and use a healing item.

I strongly concur.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 16, 2009, 10:29:42 pm
Wawa takes a step E, backing up from the action.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 16, 2009, 11:49:47 pm
I feel obligated to remind everyone that Sukuzu retreating from combat will earn him a free shot from the Apprentice. In his condition, you may want to reconsider that course of action.

Carry on.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 17, 2009, 02:29:36 pm
Enraged by the pain, Sukuzu moves swiftly and without mercy. Even though every movement causes intense pain, he lashes out with his clawed paws, his strikes finding the unprotected parts of the enemy's body. The Apprentice cannot withstand this sort of carnage and though it tries feebly to avoid the deadly blows, it eventually crumples and sags to the floor. Sukuzu staggers backwards past the snickering Bach and uses his Medikit. He manages to stem the blood flow with sutures and the painkillers and healing liquids he ingests dulls the pain. He feels better now, but the pain is still there, somewhere under the surface.

Map

(http://i39.tinypic.com/144bntx.png)

OOC

Sukuzu scores a bullseye and two regular hits, Apprentice only parries one hit and dies. Did the rest of the moves anyhow, as I suspect Sukuzu needed a retreat and healing anyhow. So I need to know if Wubula or Bach wants to move during this turn, or if you're waiting for the enemy?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 17, 2009, 02:36:01 pm
Wubula will move N N E and loot the corpse.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 17, 2009, 04:02:46 pm
All right. Dabir, what about Bach?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 17, 2009, 04:59:42 pm
Bach passes.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 17, 2009, 05:36:45 pm
As our heroes tensely wait for the Ilwrath to come out, Wubula busies herself with the latest corpse. She picks a fully d a Spike Grenade, and chuckles. Whatever enemies are left, she'll be ready to deal with them. Now she considers what to do with her second Slayer. Switch, empty or leave? It is nice when your dilemmas are of this kind she muses, scratching her gelatinous belly.

Map

(http://i44.tinypic.com/e7ldlu.png)

OOC

Wubula gets a Spike grenade . There's also a slayer with full ammo there, which means she can either take the clip from it, exchange it for her old which isn't fully loaded or leave it there for someone else.  New turn. Good done on the speedy reply Dabir, I don't remember when the game moved this fast last.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 17, 2009, 05:47:48 pm
She'll take the clip. If anyone else wants to use the Slayer she's leaving behind, they can have the clip too.
But it seems we have no shortage of Slayers.

And now we have a problem. We can assume that the priest is standing on the opposite side of the door opening; going in is not safe. I suggest we make room for Wawa, and the next turn he/she/it uses Psychic flash on them.

Btw, can Wubula read the sign from where she's standing?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 17, 2009, 06:21:15 pm
Btw, can Wubula read the sign from where she's standing?

Normally she would be able to. But it's strange, the text on that sign is really really tiny. She'll have to stand right next to it to make it out.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 17, 2009, 06:24:05 pm
Oh, there's also the option of using the bonecrushers.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 17, 2009, 07:16:56 pm
IC: Sukuzu moves W W W and takes a quick glimpse of his enemies current positions.

EDIT: Goddamn it, why this keeps happening  >:(  ??? I should go see a psychiatrist. And a geographer for that matter ::)


Man Son, don't ever change. I think Sukuzu and his complete inability (even when Dabir controlled him) to tell East from West is one of those things that is going to live for a long time.

I should add that to character background or something :P  :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 17, 2009, 07:30:20 pm
I think you meant "IC: Sukuzu movws W W W, takws a quick glimpsw of his wnwmiws currwnt positions."

Mnemonic: The W is at the west side off the keyboard, the E is... also at the west, but slightly more to the east.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 17, 2009, 07:49:21 pm
Sukuzu creeps closer and peers into the room. The priests have moved, the younger one taking up position close to the door. The old and wizened High Priest has moved as well and is in the process of opening a door in the west wall.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/j8hzdh.png)

OOC

Man Son, don't ever change I think Sukuzu and his complete inability (even when Dabir controlled him) to tell East from West is one of those things that is going to live for a long time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 17, 2009, 10:15:43 pm
I think you meant "IC: Sukuzu movws W W W, takws a quick glimpsw of his wnwmiws currwnt positions."

Mnemonic: The W is at the west side off the keyboard, the E is... also at the west, but slightly more to the east.


I thank thee.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 17, 2009, 11:18:28 pm
Don't try to apply it to north and south though. :D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 17, 2009, 11:32:03 pm
Don't try to apply it to north and south though. :D


LOL, I won't  :D  ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 18, 2009, 05:58:39 pm
Since Yeti has announced that he wont be coming back, Bach is up for grabs. Dabir, if you ant to keep playing him he is yours and you get to pick an upgrade.

All of you, get a move on. Wubula picked up the clip last turn so she has full AP/MOV. In fact, everyone but Sukuzu has full AP/MOV.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 18, 2009, 06:21:32 pm
Can I take over for him? I think a bit of actual strategizing and playtesting couldn't hurt the development process. If so, since I know the upgrade trees, I'll let you pick the path.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 18, 2009, 06:57:11 pm
What Wubulu does rather depends on what the rest want to do.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 19, 2009, 06:07:30 am
I'm holding a PM discussion (or trying to) on how to proceed with Dabir and Draxas. It'll be resolved by tomorrow, one way or another. At that point we continue. Thank you for your patience!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 19, 2009, 06:38:07 pm
Ok, Draxas is in charge of Bach and he's getting a defensive upgrade. I'll post it in a bit, now lets get rolling.

EDIT: Apparently we have guests coming today. How anoying. anyway, no updates today. Not that it matters since no one is moving. I can see why Wubula and Wawa might want to wait and see what Bach and Sukuzu does, but those two should get a move on. Or at least start discussing your plans guys.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 20, 2009, 07:51:31 am
Well, I guess I'll start things off with a question: Would I be able to fire the Fleshroaster diagonally (say, from the doorway), or does it only work in the 4 cardinal directions? If I can, how does that change the blast pattern?

I'm thinking Sukuzu should duck into the alcove in the hall to the west. If I can fire diagonally, I'll move to the doorway and do so. Otherwise, I think I'll just switch to the 'Roaster and wait for another spider to come into the hall for the barbecue, or perhaps move slightly forward so that anyone emerging from the room will get caught in melee range and wouldn't be able to go after Sukuzu without taking a hit.

Luki, don't forget to post the details of that upgrade. I know what it does, but everyone else is eagerly anticipating finding out, I'm sure. 8)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 20, 2009, 02:40:34 pm
People I say we - charge!!!  :D

Sukuzu can move N E fire Slayer and Bach can follow with W W N fire A. Rifle (Christ how it would be cool that Bach left Roaster as his primary ranged weapon :P), while the rest of the team advances to join the battle. With a bit of luck we will fry the High Priest and his Apprentice in no time :D

I think we cannot allow ourselves the luxury of retreat while our enemy can do the move 6 spaces/4 strikes combo. And attack is the best defense.

And welcome Draxas, always nice to have game developers around  ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 20, 2009, 02:45:29 pm
You can only fire in the four cardinal directions. I'm considering moving to blast markers of some sort for the next mission, but right now the system isn't set up for that. The walls affect it just like you'd expect.  If you fire from your current position you'll only strike the two squares ahead of you. If there is a open door or other opening that allows the fire to move in that direction, it will go there. So if you move one step ahead and fire, you'll also hit the square inside the room for 2 points. If you stay where you are you'll hit that square for three points. If you stand in the door opening and fire into the room, there are no penalties.

I'll make sure to post your upgrade tomorrow, we're getting guests in a bit so I wont do anything else today.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 20, 2009, 05:40:23 pm
I'm not sure about the wisdom of that plan, Son. It's not terribly likely that either one of the two in that room are going to die from an all-out attack by just us two, and then they won't even have as far to move to shred us. Hell, that High Priest gets 4 strikes AT RANGE. I'd say that keeping our distance would be wise currently, since you're already wounded, and the more distance the spiders have to move, the less AP they have to shoot and/or melee attack us. And if we stay split up in the hallway, there's also a lot less chance that all of us will get shredded by a random grenade.

To sum up: I'd rather stay defensive and take one attack each, than charge into the room, inflict non-lethal damage on both enemies, and get pulverized.

However, it might be worthwhile for me to take a step forward and attempt to broil off some of the closer Priest's HP with the 'Roaster. That might get me in trouble if he has a Boncrusher or a Fleshroaster (and he is likely to have the latter), but maybe that's a more sensible risk.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 20, 2009, 05:59:57 pm
SoA: Well, if we attack, we're not going to kill them both this turn, and possibly not even one. That could be deadly if both enemies direct their fire at one player. If we instead regroup at the entrance, there's only room for one Ilwrath to attack, all of us could join in the battle, and Wawa may even make good use of the Psychic flash.
On the other hand, it's likely that the High Priest keeps doing what it is doing, whether it is calling for help or trying to flee, and so won't be doing much damage either way.

Btw, Luki, Wubula is still listed as wielding the stun baton, while she's switched to the bonecrusher here (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4379.msg58870#msg58870).

Edit: Also she's wielding the Slayer.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 20, 2009, 06:39:13 pm
OOC: Points taken, just was up for some guns blazing action; it's just a game after all ;)

IC: Following the regroup plan of the rest of the team, Sukuzu skimmers W W and gets  ready for hell unleashed. Plasma style, baby.

summary: W W pass

EDIT: Copy that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 20, 2009, 10:53:40 pm
Bach steps W, readies his Fleshroaster, and lets loose a blast to the W with intent to create some charbroiled Ilwrath.

Son, I think you might be better off only moving 2 squares instead of all 3. That way, you won't have to expend a whole AP moving to the doorway next turn, and you'll still be far enough away from my attack not to get hit.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 20, 2009, 11:43:02 pm
If we want to bring Wawa into the fight, with his/her/its superpowers, he/she/it should move 3W now. And as he/she/it could be attacked there, another person (Bach probably) should stand at the entrance then, and might as well close the door. There is some risk involved with that, but in the worst case either Ilwrath will only have one AP to attack, and the High Priest seems to have a plan with the door, and would have to fire through the regular Priest.
Just another option...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 21, 2009, 12:11:42 am
I don't know; that's likely to put me, at least, in a lousy tactical position, where I'll either have to break off melee & take a hit, or finish the priest off alone. Either way, it doesn't help Wawa at all.

Actually, scratch that. I should be able to break combat without a problem (as Luki will inform us eventually), but the positioning is still not great. We might be better off saving the powers for when the High Priest's reinforcements show up, assuming that's what he's going for.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 21, 2009, 03:09:54 am
Hmm... I guess Wubula could end up with one AP to attack diagonally. But you're right, the benefits would not be as large as I though. Although if the High Priest does go for the door, all the damage that could be done is from one attack from the regular Priest. That is, unless they've got something unexpected on them... like... a granade... hmm...

My bet is that the High Priest will do something not quite expected. Maybe it will push a button to open the red door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 21, 2009, 01:32:33 pm
As Sukuzu scurries forward, Bach steps up. Shouldering his rifle, he arms himself with the Fleshroaster. A smile plays on his otherwise sullen face, as he caresses the fearful weapon. Such a potential for destruction! Cleansing fire to burn away the scourge that fills this place. Truly, the accursed spiders have furnished him with a fine gift. As he lets the trigger slide back, a burst of flame spews forth, burning hot and true. It sears the corridor ahead of him, cleansing it of filth. As the flame approaches the open door, it flows through. From within, a hiss of pain can be heard as the stench of charred Ilwrath flesh wafts out through the door.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/w9h4e0.png)

OOC

Bach scores 3 hits and the priest fails to parry a single one, bringing him down to 1 HP. And fixed I meeps weapons, sorry bout that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 21, 2009, 01:43:23 pm
Bach scores 3 hits and the priest fails to parry a single one, bringing him down to 1 HP.

My fellow demi-humanoids, it's free XP time!  :D All hail Fleshroaster  8)

Unless the H.P. has some sort of healing ability/item we're unaware of, either Wubula or Wawa could approach and get some "level up-ing".


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 21, 2009, 02:09:49 pm
Wubula moves 4W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 21, 2009, 03:43:29 pm
Wubula confidently wobbles forward

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2hg90rm.png)

OOC

That leaves Wawa to move.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 21, 2009, 08:03:24 pm
Wawa takes one step W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 22, 2009, 06:18:19 am
Looks like it is my time to delay the game now.  :( I'm going away for the weekend and internet access will be patchy if present at all. I'll try to update this afternoon if I get a chance, but after that nothing will probably happen until Sunday evening, or possibly Monday. Have a nice weekend.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 24, 2009, 08:02:16 pm
As our heroes quietly position themselves, they can hear a door open from within. A strange chittering noise can be heard from inside.

Map:
(http://i44.tinypic.com/2w59440.png)

OOC

And we're back with a brand new turn!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 25, 2009, 02:13:16 am
OOC: Move E E fire twice sounds appropriate for this occasion...?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 25, 2009, 09:19:11 am
Fire at what?
Well, at least you got east and west right. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 25, 2009, 11:09:31 am
Fire at what?

I bet you 100 parsons of space cash that that room is crawling with loads of bloodthirsty Ilwraths (or will be 1 turn time tops). The ones that Psychic Radar can't detect, cause they were not in the AoE when Wawa used the said power. Fire at that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 25, 2009, 03:50:46 pm
Keep in mind that if you post a turn like that and it turns out that the room isn't filled with enemies, I'll stop the turn as you see the room and let you think again. You won't be firing your gun at an empty room unless you absolutely want to.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 25, 2009, 05:44:49 pm
Keep in mind that if you post a turn like that and it turns out that the room isn't filled with enemies, I'll stop the turn as you see the room and let you think again. You won't be firing your gun at an empty room unless you absolutely want to.

As the rules say, and I had that in mind. Trigger-happy option was just a precaution measure.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 25, 2009, 05:50:42 pm
Wubula on the other hand, will wait until she hears from Sukuzu.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 25, 2009, 06:39:08 pm
Sukuzu sneaks closer to the door, and sneaks a peek, his whiskers trembling with excitement and his claw subconsciously caressing the Slayers trigger. Inside he can only spot the Priest, who is now heading into the adjoining room, slowed by his grisly burn injuries. From his new vantage position, he can hear excited shrieks and chirping from the next room. They sound... omnious.

Map

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2qjks46.png)

OOC

As an aside, every time you guys do this "peek into a room and retreat" it makes me cry, because I have to move all the furniture every time you do it. By now I've learned and have both sets set up and easily accessible, but when it first happened it made my update time way longer than it ought to have been. I'm certainly learning a lot about the importance of preparation from this.

EDIT: Also, Bach has the level 1 defensive ability Fall Back (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59292#msg59292)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 25, 2009, 06:55:59 pm
OOC: wth would the High Priest leave the crystal behind if it is such an valuable relic for the Ilwrath...?? Unless it's a trap of some sort ...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 25, 2009, 07:03:01 pm
They're getting away! Let's get them. (But as Wubula isn't in any position to get them, she'll let Bach and Sukuzu move first, so that she won't stand in the way.)

Son_of_Antares: who said it is a valuable relic?

Btw, wasn't Bach supposed to get a defensive upgrade?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 25, 2009, 07:24:40 pm
@meep:
 
A large altar stands to one side, strange arcane energies glowing from a green crystal. Behind it, a dried out old Ilwrath priest stands, writhed claws holding a staff above its head. This must be the High Priest (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59040#msg59040), accompanied by a regular priest and an apprentice. They are clearly in the middle of some ritual, which has now been disturbed. Punishment for such insolence will surely follow.[/i]

Well this sure sounds quite artifact-ish and relic-ish ::) :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 25, 2009, 07:30:52 pm
Or it could be the Ilwrath's equivalent of a candle.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 25, 2009, 08:11:48 pm
Or it could be the Ilwrath's equivalent of a candle.


Some weird candle that would be. And expensive one too, considering that it works on arcane powered batteries/charges or whatever :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 26, 2009, 05:13:38 pm
Regardless of what it is, you might as well get cracking.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 26, 2009, 05:24:18 pm
"Out of the way, unholy rat," growled Bach as he muscled past the Shofixti, "God's work must be done!"

He charged into the room, spotting the fleeing Priest attempting to skulk away from the purification such a monstrosity deserved.

"Cowardly abomination!" he screamed, as he let loose another searing blast from the flamethrower, "Your time is nigh! You cannot stand against the light of Heaven!"

Summary: Move W, N, N, fire Fleshroaster at the Priest


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 26, 2009, 05:55:35 pm
The badly burned Priest shudders as the Bach hefts his hateful weapon. Already badly burned and scared, he knows that he can ill afford another dose of pitiless flame. He abases himself, and lowering his body to the floor as he begs for a chance to strike back. Dogar must be watching over him. In his eagerness, Bach has angled the Fleshroaster slightly upwards. Coupled with the abasing movement of the priest, this causes the flame to pass him harmlessly, enveloping him in a stinging heat rather than a searing flame.

Behind the triumphant priest, Bach can just about glimpse what appears to be part of a large hole. The chittering from within is now even audible to his human ears.


Map:

(http://i43.tinypic.com/doknyo.png)

OOC

Not a single hit there. Guess these rolls do even out in the long run.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 26, 2009, 06:22:03 pm
Wubula's move will again depend on what Sukuzu does.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 26, 2009, 06:35:26 pm
Dangit. Stupid useless alien technology.

Mutter mutter grumble grumble

Oh. Do I at least get to see what's behind that Priest through the door?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 26, 2009, 06:42:08 pm
Whoops. Of course you do, my mistake. I'll get cracking, myself. :)

EDIT: Done!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 26, 2009, 07:12:52 pm
Hmm... A ship? It looks like the high priest is getting away. And the priest may be trying to block the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 26, 2009, 10:44:18 pm
Sounds to me like this is that breeding room we read about earlier.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 27, 2009, 11:18:56 am
No update today as I'm helping a buddy move. When I get back to this tomorrow I'd like to see a post by Son letting us know what Sukuzu wants to do.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on May 27, 2009, 03:50:45 pm
Sukuzu moves swiftly N W N, and then fires his Slayer at the practically dead High Priest. Let this "unholy rat" teach this ignorant hunam some basics of heavy weapon operations.

summary: N W N, fire Slayer


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 27, 2009, 07:31:25 pm
Wouldn't using Sukuzu's melee attack be better?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 27, 2009, 07:49:40 pm
Sukuzu runs up to the Priest, and decides to use his Slayer to dish out punishment instead of his paws. This turns out to be a fatal mistake. The priest, having learned from his last dodge performs the same feat again, but now dipping lower. Sukuzus shot mostly flies past him, and what little plasma splatters over the enemy does no damage.


Map

(http://i39.tinypic.com/25vrc.png)

OOC

Sukuzu rolls one strike, which the priest parries on his second attempt. That's a great position to place yourself in when your opponent is wielding a Fleshroaster. Or to paraphrase SC1, poor tactical positioning. Wawa and Wubula left.

As an aside, that was the most well organized and effective move I've ever helped out at. So you get an update a bit quicker than I thought.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 27, 2009, 08:52:49 pm
Ok then... Wubula moves W W N and uses Confusion on the Ilwrath.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 28, 2009, 12:14:45 am
*Snicker* Looks like I'm not the only "crack shot" around here. At least I won't roast alone... Or I wouldn't if he wasn't going to dance for us instead of flambe us. :)

Just a heads-up: I'm going to be lacking an internet connection at home for the next few days. I should still be able to keep up with posting from work, but don't be too alarmed if I'm a little unresponsive for a bit; I'll be back soon.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on May 28, 2009, 11:19:02 am
And that leaves Wawa to play catsup, W-W-W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 28, 2009, 04:11:39 pm
As Wubula focuses, the world around the priest changes. Its mind is filled with conflicting thoughts and moods. He knows that these are his enemies and his gods demand that they be struck down. He knows that he has the opportunity to send them towards the mighty Dogar and Kazon with his Fleshroaster. And yet... It doesn't want to. They are friends of the heavenly blue creature that has just entered the room. To hurt them is to hurt her. And it doesn't want to cause her pain. Such beauty in those thick legs. Such stylish flab. She is an apparition. But he must do something! His gods demand it! They must be obeyed! But she must not be hurt! She is to be revered! In his confusion, he wanders aimlessly, unsure where he is heading.

Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/s0vmo3.png)

OOC

I rolled 3D4 to decide how the priest moves in his confusion. In the beginning I was thinking that this power would only hinder a unit from atacking but let it attack as normal, but that doesn't make much sense.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 28, 2009, 06:27:05 pm
Grr. I can't see the map, I think because certain image hosts are blocked at work. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, and this time I got unlucky. But since I can't check this at home for a few days, can someone tell me how the Priest moved since last turn?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 28, 2009, 09:04:05 pm
Grr. I can't see the map, I think because certain image hosts are blocked at work. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't, and this time I got unlucky. But since I can't check this at home for a few days, can someone tell me how the Priest moved since last turn?

All the maps are hosted at tinypic. Right now the Priest is NW of Sukuzu., i.e one step north of the door. If you want, I can start mailing you the maps when I do an update.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 28, 2009, 09:25:55 pm
Wubula moves W W and fires.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 28, 2009, 09:59:54 pm
Email won't work; I'm cut off from that until I get home internet again. The description works for me, though.

Tinypic, as I said, is rather random here. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, and that's probably because Tinypic uses multiple image hosts rather than their own dedicated servers (I think that's how it works, anyway).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 29, 2009, 04:33:47 pm
I've registered meeps move, but apparently there is a birthday party today. So update tomorrow morning/afternoon depending on how late it gets.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 29, 2009, 06:30:56 pm
Wubula steps smoothly into range and raises her weapon. The priest, hoping to go three for three, ducks again. Unfortunately he hasn't realized that by now his trick is old. Wubula aims her weapon downwards as well, plasma stream digging into his head. He collapses in a smouldering heap on the floor.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/se5dfs.png)

OOC

Bullseye. Didn't really have time for this but what the hell. No more updates this evening.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 29, 2009, 06:55:39 pm
Don't forget to update Wubula's XP. :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on May 29, 2009, 07:50:54 pm
Bach moves W, W, and checks out the next room to try and spot our quarry.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 30, 2009, 09:02:41 am
Bach moves forward, his earleir confidence somewhat shaken by his disastrous failure to defeat the heathen priest. Peering into the next room, he feels his pulse race. So many! So many small spiders everywhere! They crawl and they move, eager chittering sounds grating at his ears. This must be the spawning room. At the very far corner he can see the High Priest, its dried old body shaking with anger.

Between them, there is an enormous hole in the floor. No bottom can be seen, the whole simply continues downwards. Attached to the walls of the hole by silky strands of web, hundreds of sickly purple eggs pulsate with an inner life of their own. Before his eyes, one of the eggs cracks and a small black spider scurries out. As it opens it's multifaceted eyes, it stares a Bach and emits a loud chittering noise, running up the strands to join its tiny brethren.

Looking back to the High Priest, Bach realises that the silky web is much thicker on that side, probably thick enough to carry the spider. Blinking, he realises that tiny spiders are weaving a stronger web there, preparing an exit for their master. Soon, he will escape!

Spawning room rules:

The spawning pit will generate three new Ilwrath male infants (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59414#msg59414) every turn. The pit cannot be destroyed by weapons or grenades, as the immense amount of eggs means that some always survive. If the Ilwrath High priest is still alive and not engaged in melee combat after four turns, he escapes down the web ladder. If he is engaged in melee combat, he will attempt to disengage and escape anyway. At this point, you will have failed this part of the mission and not receive the 2 XP you would get for killing him.
[/b]

Turn 1 of Spawning room

Map:

(http://i40.tinypic.com/21ki8h3.png)

OOC:

Getting to your XP point meep, didn't have time for that yesterday. I've taken some liberties by defining the weaker sex as male and adding that they are born with full cognisance, but otherwise this is all according to Paul Reiche. (http://starcontrol.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forum/index.php?topic=1787.msg27701#msg27701)

So you need to start slaughtering. I think you should be somewhat easily able to cut your way through the enemy hordes, but the time limit might make things hard.Feel free to ask questions, and ask for clarifications. Remember that disengaging from melee will give any/all melee enemies a free strike. Well, that doesn't apply to Bach of course.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Resh Aleph on May 30, 2009, 11:34:22 am
I suggest kicking the priest into the pitt while shouting THIS IS SPARTA!.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on May 30, 2009, 01:15:46 pm
Ok, we need a plan...
I don't think that we should need to worry much about getting hurt by these mini-spiders.
I suggest that Bach, Wawa, and Wubula make a path for Sukuzu, so that he, being the fastest one can fire at the Ilwrath as soon and often as possible.
Also note that from the second row, someone with a slayer can also hit the Ilwrath (if there is no mini-spider in the way).
I propose that for this turn, Bach moves W and fires N, and then Sukuzu moves W W N N W and fires W. Later, Wubula may take his place, while he moves to the first row.
As for Wawa, he/she/it may want to bring along a Slayer for Bach. Alternatively, we could try to get him/her/it close enough to use some of his/her/its own powers as a plan B.

Edit: Replace word to make more sense.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on May 31, 2009, 09:46:01 am
My country suddenly turned into an oven, so I'm not too worried about the lack of progress. Still, I'd like Son, Dabir and Draxas to get a move on. Probably a good thing to discuss this before you just rush in. As meep says, you (probably) won't get killed by the spiders, but time is of the essence here.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 01, 2009, 03:55:53 pm
Argh. I can't see the map again. I'm trying to get the PC hooked up so this won't be an issue anymore, but until then...

Someone care to host the current map somewhere else?

If I don't get a good look at it before we decide to execute, I'll just roll with Meep's plan. For now, though, hold off on that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 01, 2009, 04:17:16 pm
Are you using an ad-blocker?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 01, 2009, 04:31:48 pm
Someone care to host the current map somewhere else?

Tell me what host you can see and I'll put it there.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 01, 2009, 05:00:21 pm
Meep: I'm using my computer at work. Sites are blocked seemingly at random according to the momentary whims and whimsy of our IT group, so I can never be sure what I will or will not be able to see.

Luki: I can see your avatar just fine. Do you have enough hosting space there? Maybe you could talk Meep into letting you host it on Stack?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 01, 2009, 05:17:35 pm
Hosting the files on uqm.stack.nl would not be a problem, but uploading them would. I cannot give anyone else an account, and you don't want to wait for me to upload them myself. Fortunately, there are plenty of free image hosts available.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 01, 2009, 05:27:39 pm
Luki: I can see your avatar just fine. Do you have enough hosting space there? Maybe you could talk Meep into letting you host it on Stack?

Actually, that's not my hosting. A guy called Halleck who used to be quite active around here offered to host it for me when I was having trouble with a free host. He isn't active anymore, but apparently he is all right with me still using his bandwidth.

If there's random blockage of image hosting sites then we may have a problem. I don't really have time to upload every map to 5+ different hosts just so one of them gets through, we need something that works all the time. I don't suppose you have an email account that you can check at work? You could always just create a gmail account or something. They can be checked through browsers, but of course that doesn't work if Gmail is blocked. I assume you don't want me to send it to your work email?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 01, 2009, 10:05:41 pm
Whatever the plan ends up as Wawa's starting with a N-W movement.

Also, just a quick note, computer access at home is going to be a bit less guaranteed due to interfering and controlling parents putting passwords on every computer around. I'll see what I can do about updating from school though.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 02, 2009, 12:56:57 am
I would like to be able to check my email from work; that's a big no-no around here. I'm going to see if I can get my PC up and running tonight now that all my stuff is moved, which should alleviate this problem once and for all. If it doesn't work out, I'll need to do a bit of experimentation to see which image hosts get through around here; I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: I'm making this edit from home, so feel free to ignore my shennanigans. I am back to my standard access at home, so I can see the maps again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 02, 2009, 07:05:28 am
I would like to be able to check my email from work; that's a big no-no around here. ´

So it's okay to post on forums but not check email? Man, that's a weird policy.

Quote
EDIT: I'm making this edit from home, so feel free to ignore my shennanigans. I am back to my standard access at home, so I can see the maps again.

Excellent!

Dabir, thanks for letting us know, I'll move you later today. Son_of_Antares, get moving. You and Draxas are the only ones with any sort of range left and you've got most of it. Time to figure out what to do and post your moves. Remember, you're supposed to post somethign within two days of an update. Even if it's just "I want to wait and see what XXX thinks".

Also, summer is here. This game has run for quite some time already. At the beginning of next month, my vacation begins. It's pretty unlikely that I'll have time to do the kind of graphics stuff required to keep this going. And since we've been rolling for six months, are pretty close to the end and have seen a significant slowdown, I don't think resuming in August will be worth it. So unless you all strenously disagree and manage to make a damned good case for it, we've got a month left. Come end of June, I'm wrapping this up and moving on. The following mission will start sometime during autumn, but I'll need a few months to get things set up.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 02, 2009, 04:13:40 pm
We'd better hurry and finish killing these spiders dead, then. ;)


Bach was appalled by the vileness of the room before him. So many abominations, skittering across every surface, crawling from every crack, every one an affront to all that was good and right in God's universe. And above them all, lording over its foul spawn, was the ruler of the spiders, chittering and clacking in its unholy language. Its very existence was a blight on reality, an inky black pool amidst the radiance of God's creation that refused to yield to the light.

There was only one solution that sort of problem...

"Kill it with fire!" screamed Bach, as he charged into the room and blasted out a jet of napalm.


Summary: move W, fire Fleshroaster N


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 02, 2009, 06:18:06 pm
The small spiders do not stand a chance against the flame that now caresses their small defenceless bodies. As their skin crackles in the heat, their inner fluids are brought to boil. Like ripe sinful grapes they burst, spewing their boiling innards all over the floor. As the flame dies out, bubbling heaps are all that remain. Bach smiles in rapture, mightily enjoying the feeling of once again slaying his accursed enemies.

Map:

(http://i44.tinypic.com/33fevwz.png)

OOC: Two bullseyes. Sukuzu, you've been far too quiet. You've got a day before someone else takes over your character.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 03, 2009, 12:26:57 am
W W N N N Slayer


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 03, 2009, 04:12:25 pm
Sukuzu rushes in, fearsome as ever. His plasma weapon tears a spider apart easily, as he prepares to charge the priest. From the pit new spiders emerge, small yet eager for battle. Both Bach and Sukuzu are quickly outnumbered and almost bitten. The constant nibbling attacks from their adversaries make them lose their footage and leaves them unprepared and with a lost initiative.

Turn 2 of the Spawning Room Challenge.


Map

(http://i44.tinypic.com/2ps36ut.png)

OOC: I moved Dabir one step north, if he disagrees I'll move him back. Bach and Sukuzu were attacked by two spiders each, both attacks resulted in one attack. Amazingly, you both rolled stun, so that'll slow you down a bit. Three new spiders appeared (I roll the appearance tiles randomly) and were moved. New turn, off you go!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 03, 2009, 06:55:41 pm
Observation: even killing spiders which are not in our way is useful in another way than just preventing the chance of damage: if new spiders are placed randomly, then having more room gives a better chance of no new spiders popping up in our paths.

Lukipela:
How does the slayer work if Wubula were fire W, from one square W of Bach's current location? Could two spiders be hit, or just one?
Does just moving past the spiders trigger the "breaking away from combat" rule? (If Wubula were to move N W N).
And how does the "only once per turn" of the Fallback ability work when there are two enemies attacking?

Plan A:
Bach moves N (if that doesn't give the spiders a free attack), then fires W.
Wawa moves W W and attacks S.
Wubula moves N W W and fires W.
Possible kill count: 5 spiders.

Plan B:
Bach moves N (if that doesn't give the spiders a free attack), then fires S.
Wawa moves W W W, Wubula moves N W N W or N W W S.
This brings Wawa one step closer, which may be important if case he/she/it needs to use his/her/its special later.
Possible kill count: 2 spiders

Plan C:
Bach moves N (if that doesn't give the spiders a free attack), then fires W.
Wubula moves N, stabs the spider at the SW, and then takes another step W.
Wawa moves W W W.
Wawa gets to move 3 turns as well here, and one more spider is dead. But Wubula is two steps further away from the action.
Possible kill count: 3 spiders


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 03, 2009, 08:44:46 pm
How does the slayer work if Wubula were fire W, from one square W of Bach's current location? Could two spiders be hit, or just one?
Does just moving past the spiders trigger the "breaking away from combat" rule? (If Wubula were to move N W N).
And how does the "only once per turn" of the Fallback ability work when there are two enemies attacking?

- She'd hit Bach. If he isn't there, she'd hit one spider. The splash only begins on the third square.
- Yes, it counts as breaking melee. If you get close enough to engage them, you'll be close enough that they can take a pot shot at you.
- The point of the rule is that the Human cannot get cornered by melee fighters, he can always retreat. Draxas rewrote a lot of stuff, and I just copied that in. Not sure what the "once per turn" means actually.  :-[ In this case, I rule that it means that Bach can move freely witrhout fear of the "breaking away" penalty from multiple enemies the first time he does it during the turn. After that, he can get hit.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 03, 2009, 10:12:27 pm
How does the slayer work if Wubula were fire W, from one square W of Bach's current location? Could two spiders be hit, or just one?
- She'd hit Bach. If he isn't there, she'd hit one spider. The splash only begins on the third square.
Did you borrow SoA's keyboard?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 04, 2009, 12:03:04 am
- The point of the rule is that the Human cannot get cornered by melee fighters, he can always retreat. Draxas rewrote a lot of stuff, and I just copied that in. Not sure what the "once per turn" means actually.  :-[ In this case, I rule that it means that Bach can move freely witrhout fear of the "breaking away" penalty.

The idea of "once per turn" was to prevent someone from running past a line of guards at melee range without taking a single strike. They'll catch on eventually.

The interpretation that I intended is that you can break combat once per turn without taking free hits, regardless of how many opponents you're in combat with. However, on the second (and subsequent, if applicable) attempts to break combat, the skill no longer activates and you're attacked as normal.

In summary, my intent was to allow breaking away from combat, even though there are 2 opponents there. As Luki said, the idea is that the player cannot be surrounded easily by getting trapped in melee range, and can escape as long as they're not completely boxed in.

I'll weigh in on which plan I like best once I get home and can take a look at the map.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 04, 2009, 06:46:48 am
As usual Draxas makes a lot of sense, so I updated my post above to reflect that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 04, 2009, 08:41:43 am
How does the slayer work if Wubula were fire W, from one square W of Bach's current location? Could two spiders be hit, or just one?
- She'd hit Bach. If he isn't there, she'd hit one spider. The splash only begins on the third square.
Did you borrow SoA's keyboard?

Could you please reply to my remark as I wrote it?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 04, 2009, 09:38:37 am
As soon as I get home, can't really do it from here.

EDIT: ok, standing one step W of Bach eh? The blast marker tell us that the shot travels forward, and that by tile 3 there is a splash to the sides. That means the first spider doesn't get hit by splash since it's only two tiles away. If you're standing exactly where Bach is standing and there was no spider directly W of you, it would be hit by splash. Since there is a spider there, only that one gets hit.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 04, 2009, 05:41:38 pm
Ok, that answered the question I asked, as well as the one I meant to ask.
I thought that maybe the westmost spider would als be hit, as the combustible material would not just come from the direction of the shooter, but also from the center of the stream.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 04, 2009, 10:18:31 pm
Would it be worth Wawa's switching back to the peashooter before attacking, on the basis that there's a lot more ammo for that?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 04, 2009, 11:07:29 pm
That may be a good idea, but mainly because he/she/it won't have time to reload. He/she/it shouldn't do much shooting anyhow; he/she/it should get ready to use a special power if the need arises, imho.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 05, 2009, 06:26:44 am
Does Wawa have any buffing skills left that he could use on Sukuzu? If so, I think it would be in our best interests to get him buffed up in order to take out the High Priest, since he's really the only one with any opportunity to do so. If so, I think I should risk moving N W so he can use it this turn.

Stunning powers to delay the High Priest would be handy as well... I don't think he has any long ranged ones left, though, does he.

A risky move would be for me to move N and fire N. This would probably clear out one of the spiders in Sukuzu's path, but it could also hit him for up to 3 damage, which would be a pretty lousy tradeoff. But if Wawa has no powers we can use on it, that may be our only shot to kill it.

If you think the risk isn't worth it, I'll just move N and fire W; Wawa and Wubula can clean up the spiders S and W of me.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 05, 2009, 08:50:09 am
Too much of a risk. And Sukuzu isn't our only chance at killing the high priest. Using a slayer from the line below Sukuzu will also damage it. And from the west side of the pool it could be hit too. We should just make sure that Sukuzu can fire directly at the high priest the next turn, so we should be in a position where we can kill anything which appears in front of him. All he may need is a full turn to shoot at it. And if we can get Wawa on the same line as the Priest, with noone in between, he/she/it can deal 3 HP to the Priest and stun it with Psychic blast, if necessary.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 05, 2009, 09:03:37 am
I would like to point out that Sukuzu has emptied his Slayer, and IIRC he hasn't gotten a spare plasma charge. That means he needs to change to his handgun to fire his weapon. Seeing as he is also stunned, he won't be doing any shooting this turn since just switching to another weapon in the heat of battle would consume his remaining AP. As Bach is also stunned he can move two steps, or move one step and fire.

As an aside, those stuns were pretty unlucky and any more of those may well get you into trouble.

EDIT: Going away for the weekend. I'll try and grap the map file from home in case I have internet access, but can't really promise anything.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 05, 2009, 03:44:18 pm
I would like to point out that Sukuzu has emptied his Slayer, and IIRC he hasn't gotten a spare plasma charge.

That's bad. In that case, perhaps letting him run wild in melee while we clear out as many little guys as possible would be the best bet. We need to cut down anything that pops up on the top row so he has a clear path. Can either Wawa or Wubula get a clean shot at the upper path spiders if I clear out the 2 from moving N, firing W? If so, Sukuzu could just advance and engage in melee (over the course of this turn and the next, anyway).

Of course, I still have some concenrs that the High Priest could start shooting at us. 4 X 2 strikes is nothing to sneeze at. I hate to say that if we keep trying to pursue him, one or more of us might kick the bucket.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 05, 2009, 04:17:48 pm
Hmm... the High Priest might move down and fire at us from there. It may be best if we use the spiders as cover, and Wawa and Wubula try to advance from the south. From the south Wubula could fire to the north as well, helping clear the way for Sukuzu at the north.
Plan D:
Bach moves N, and fires S, clearing the way for Wawa and Wubula. He'll be at risk, but he should be able to handle it. And chances are that the High Priest doesn't want to move from its spot near the exit-to-be (like last turn), and a spider may move in front of Bach or block the path of the High Priest.
Wawa moves W W S.
Wubula moves N W W S.
Sukuzu attacks W, or bettter: Sukuzu throws a granade at the High Priest.

Lukipela: Wubula's HP in the status box next to the map doesn't match her HP in the first posting.
Lukipela: Do the new spiders appear after the Ilwrath has moved, or before?
Lukipela: How did Sukuzu get attacked by two spiders? Are these mini-spiders able to attack diagonally?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 05, 2009, 07:11:11 pm
Lukipela: Wubula's HP in the status box next to the map doesn't match her HP in the first posting.
Lukipela: Do the new spiders appear after the Ilwrath has moved, or before?
Lukipela: How did Sukuzu get attacked by two spiders? Are these mini-spiders able to attack diagonally?


- I'll have a look. Most probably the status box HP is correct though. I always update that when doing combat, but I'll often miss updating the first post.
- The new spiders appear at the beginning of the Ilwrath turn, with 1 AP for that turn (I originally thought two, but that allows them to move a bit too far. It may be worth mentioning that the High Priest won't be moving much unless he has to, since he needs to stand in his current square to get away.
- Short answer: Because I'm a screwup. Long answer: That spider should be one step E, that's where it spawned. Play as if it were there. The spiders can't attack diagonally (unlike most of you).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 05, 2009, 11:37:55 pm
- Short answer: Because I'm a screwup. Long answer: That spider should be one step E, that's where it spawned. Play as if it were there. The spiders can't attack diagonally (unlike most of you).

Troubling. That means I can't hit both by moving N, firing W. This mucks with the strategy a bit...

Wasn't attacking diagonally the entire point of the Bonecrusher? We only got those recently.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 06, 2009, 08:38:11 am
Wasn't attacking diagonally the entire point of the Bonecrusher? We only got those recently.

Yup. It also means that those of you wielding Bonecrushers get to hit any spider that passes you diagonally for a 50/50 chance of a kill. You're able to strike them from quite a few angles more than they can strike you, but they tend to outnumber you. If you can't kill three per round, the amount of enemies will actually grow.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 07, 2009, 06:55:21 pm
Wubulas HP in the image is correct. Game on?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 08, 2009, 06:31:30 am
We've gone five days since the last update without anyone moving, though there has been some discussion. Normally, I'd prod you a bit and impose sanctions, but since we're going to done in about three weeks anyhow I'll let it slide. Is there anything you still need clarified, or can we move on?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 08, 2009, 10:38:23 am
I'd actually like some feedback on my plan from the others.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 08, 2009, 02:29:54 pm
I'll go with meep and with whatever tactical marvel that he has in mind.

EDIT: especially with the grenade part of the plan.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 08, 2009, 03:43:52 pm
May as well roll with it. Depending on how the next set of spiders pops up, though, this may very well be an unwinnable scenario.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 08, 2009, 06:07:29 pm
I'll just go ahead and execute it then, this evening if I have time, tomorrow otherwise.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 08, 2009, 06:26:14 pm
So that is the variant with Sukuzu throwing the granade?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 08, 2009, 06:30:34 pm
I think that would be best. At least that's some guaranteed damage to make the rest of the kill easier.

Does anyone else have grenades they could lob in future turns, or did we use the rest of them up already? They might very well be our best weapons since we don't have to plow through the little guys first.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 08, 2009, 07:02:43 pm
Only spike grenades.


Title: whoops!
Post by: Lukipela on June 09, 2009, 06:47:47 pm
As Sukuzu lobs a grenade and Bach lets his Fleshroaster sing, the room descends into total mayhem. As the spiders fall upon our heroes, Wubula feels a sharp bite, venomous poison stinging and distracting her even though it is not strong enough to wound.

Turn 3 of the Spawning Room Challenge


Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/2m4f33q.png)

OOC: Bach scores two hits on one spider and two on the other. The second fails it's parry. Sukuzu throws the grenade 1.5*3 rounded down, i.e 4 squares. It detonates by the priest, causing him to lose 1 HP and killing a spider.

Three spiders spawn. One south of the priest, one north of Wubula and one 3 steps north of the priest. These have 1 MOV the others have two, meaning that Sukuzu is hit 4 times by the spiders that can get to him. They cause two hits, and he parries both. Wubula gets attacked by one new and one old, causing one strike which she turns into a stun, leaving her with 1 AP. The other spiders fan out.

So, no loss of HP, but Wubula lost 1 AP. Not bad!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 09, 2009, 10:01:40 pm
In reply to the latest image, which has mysteriously ended up in "Units and Items":
At last Wawa can join the action. It steps N and uses its newly acquired knife to hack at the spider to the W.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 09, 2009, 10:12:23 pm
In reply to the latest image, which has mysteriously ended up in "Units and Items":
At last Wawa can join the action. It steps N and uses its newly acquired knife to hack at the spider to the W.
As Draxas has announced that he goes with plan D, that spider should be dead by the time that Wawa gets there.

Edit: Oh, we're already at the next turn.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 09, 2009, 11:13:00 pm
Lukipela: If Wawa kills the spider, and Wubula fires N, she would potentially hit the two spiders below Sukuzu, without placing Sukuzu or Bach at risk from the blast, right?
(PLAN A) If Wubulu does that (and kills the Spiders), then Bach can move N, fire the Fleshroaster W, and throw his spike grenade next to the High Priest. Sukuzu can then move W W W W and attack the High Priest directly, making sure that no spider can pop up before him.
Attacking the High Priest is not without risk though.

(PLAN B) Another option (but this means that Wawa must NOT do the move which Dabir announced:
Bach fires W, and Wawa moves N W N. Sukuzu wields his handgun.
What Wubula, Sukuzu and Bach do with the rest of their moves is less important, but the next turn, we empty the top line and clear the way for Wawa, who then moves N N and does the Psychic Blast, finally being the hero (and finally getting some XP).
A beautiful cinematic finale, if you ask me.
I suggest that Bach uses the rest of his turn to wield his rifle (if it still has bullets), and Wubula either kills the spider to the W (giving her the option of shooting at the top line from the south or moving N N N and firing the Slayer W), or just runs off N N, enduring the free hit, but being in a better position to help out on the top two lines the next turn. Sukuzu can kill the spider to his S.
Note that for the rest of this turn, everyone will be safe from the High Priest's attack, unless it fires through its own.

I rather like plan B.

Lukipela: for the sake of the narrative, please hold off on Wawa's move for the moment. :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 10, 2009, 12:37:08 am
Plan A won't work as written, you have too many actions listed for me for 1 turn.

Plan B relies on no new spiders popping up on the top row to work out, really, and cuts it right down to the wire regardless. A bit of lousy luck and everything falls apart (like say, a stunning hit against Wawa this turn).

I think Sukuzu needs to get into a position where he can come to grips with the High Priest this turn. That being said:

Bach fires 'Roaster W, then (assuming all goes well) hacks apart the spider to the N in close combat. Wubula takes out the remaining spider to her N with her pistol. Wawa moves N W N to get into position if needed. This leaves (hopefully) Sukuzu able to charge W and (with luck) obliterate the High Priest in close combat. It's rather risky overall, but at least it doesn't leave us in complete limbo if something unexpected happens. My only major concern is that if the High Priest survives, we might wind up with a man (Shofixti) down... which is, unfortunately, pretty much the same as if we cleared out the top row anyway, because then he has line of sight and his ranged weapon hits for the same number of strikes. So why not go for broke? If things really go belly-up, Wawa should still be able to finish him off next turn.

As far as XP goes, it doesn't matter who kills him, since we all get +2 once he's dead. Better to get the job done as efficiently as possible.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 10, 2009, 02:22:19 am
Plan A won't work as written, you have too many actions listed for me for 1 turn.
One movement, then two actions. I won't discount the possibility that I'm still misinterpreting the movement rules, but this seems to pretty much match the example in the movement rules: "Example: If your movement range is 4, moving 1 square will leave you with two action points, moving 2 or three squares will leave you with one and moving 4 squares will leave you with none."

Quote
Plan B relies on no new spiders popping up on the top row to work out, really,
Not really. We've got Sukuzu, Bach, and Wubula to clear the way.

Quote
and cuts it right down to the wire regardless. A bit of lousy luck and everything falls apart (like say, a stunning hit against Wawa this turn).
You've got a valid point with the stunning hit against Wawa. How about this variation: Bach fires W, Sukuzu kills the spider S, and Wawa moves N N N. Even if Wawa is going to get stunned, he/she/it will still be able to move N and perform the Psychic blast, but Sukuzu will have to move out of the way, so we can afford fewer spiders on the top line. If Wubula moves N N this turn, she will be able to help against the spiders on the top line with either the Bonecrusher (which can hit diagonally) or the Slayer. If she's standing there, a spider may also chose to attack her, instead of Wawa.
Another option is to have Wawa move only N N, in which case she can be completely shielded from spiders by Bach (to the North) and Wubula (to the West), but then we'll have no choice but to move Sukuzu. On the plus side, Bach would be one step closer.
Or, option 3, Bach could chose not to switch weapons (which is of dubious benefit anyhow), and move S N. Wawa would be safe regardless of what Wubula does. And Wubula also has the option of attacking the spider to her west and the next turn using her slayer to help clear the top line from the south. (If she gets stunned by a spider, that's one spider which isn't on the top line. :) )

Quote
I think Sukuzu needs to get into a position where he can come to grips with the High Priest this turn.
Plan A does that.

Quote
That being said:

Bach fires 'Roaster W, then (assuming all goes well) hacks apart the spider to the N in close combat. Wubula takes out the remaining spider to her N with her pistol.
Wubula can't switch weapon. But the Bonecrusher would do just as well.

Quote
Wawa moves N W N to get into position if needed. This leaves (hopefully) Sukuzu able to charge W and (with luck) obliterate the High Priest in close combat.
If Sukuzu charges W, Wawa won't be able to use the Psychic blast, as Sukuzu would be standing in the way.

Quote
It's rather risky overall, but at least it doesn't leave us in complete limbo if something unexpected happens. My only major concern is that if the High Priest survives, we might wind up with a man (Shofixti) down... which is, unfortunately, pretty much the same as if we cleared out the top row anyway, because then he has line of sight and his ranged weapon hits for the same number of strikes. So why not go for broke? If things really go belly-up, Wawa should still be able to finish him off next turn.
Plan B would leave the Spider W of Sukuzu for this turn.

Quote
As far as XP goes, it doesn't matter who kills him, since we all get +2 once he's dead. Better to get the job done as efficiently as possible.
I think the 2 XP for all of us is in addition to the XP for the killer. But I agree, that shouldn't be the main concern.

My modified plan B: (let's call it B2)
Bach fires W, roasting two spiders.
Sukuzu attacks S.
(Chances are that all three spiders are dead now. If they aren't, we'll have to adjust our plan and settle for a less than optimal situation, but with the odds still in our favour.)
Bach then moves W N.
Wawa moves N N N.
Wubula attacks W with her Bonecrusher, or moves N N (taking a hit).
Sukuzu wields his other gun.
The next turn. Worst case scenario: the top line is filled with spiders, Wubula and Sukuzu are stunned. The situation is still not lost: Bach can fire W (does he have enough charges?), then hit N, Sukuzu fires W, and the line is clear. Wubula also has a grenade she can throw N. (If Bach is stunned instead of Sukuzu, the situation is similar.)
And that's the worst case scenario. More likely the top line won't be entirely filled, and Wubula and/or Sukuzu won't be stunned.
The worst case scenario of a direct attack is a dead Sukuzu.

Yes, each step has a chance of failing, but we've got enough options if something goes wrong.
The first two steps are the most crucial, so let's just start by having Bach fire W. If that doesn't kill both spiders, we can still decide to switch to a direct attack plan (or not). (The spider N of Bach should be left to Sukuzu, so that Bach can move W N)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 10, 2009, 02:25:25 am
Oh, wait... the description of Psychic Flash says "The Arilou can unleash his psychic power in a blast that knocks the wind out of an opponent. The enemy cannot defend, loses 3 HP and becomes stunned. The enemy must be on a straight line with the Arilou, and no friendly units can be in between Arilou and target".
It specifically mentions friendly units. If this is not a mistake, then things would be even easier: All we have to do is get Wawa to the top line, and move Sukuzu away from there. Spiders, schmiders.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 10, 2009, 07:40:11 am
Lukipela: If Wawa kills the spider, and Wubula fires N, she would potentially hit the two spiders below Sukuzu, without placing Sukuzu or Bach at risk from the blast, right?

Yes, that's correct.

Quote
Lukipela: for the sake of the narrative, please hold off on Wawa's move for the moment. :)

Okay.

Quote
Oh, wait... the description of Psychic Flash says "The Arilou can unleash his psychic power in a blast that knocks the wind out of an opponent. The enemy cannot defend, loses 3 HP and becomes stunned. The enemy must be on a straight line with the Arilou, and no friendly units can be in between Arilou and target".
It specifically mentions friendly units. If this is not a mistake, then things would be even easier: All we have to do is get Wawa to the top line, and move Sukuzu away from there. Spiders, schmiders.

Psychic flash functions as a ranged weapon, with the exception that you can't risk friendly fire. That's what the piece about "friendly units" means. It'll be stopped by the first thing coming into it's path, be it friend or enemy. You can't fire it past the small spiders to hit the big one.

I'll be gone this weekend, so Friday and Saturday will be without update. Good news is, I've finally found a useful way of doing BEL maps, so we're one step closer to a good looking map rather than the current monstrosity. It won't make it for this game, but the next mission should look a lot nicer.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 10, 2009, 04:08:09 pm
My modified plan B: (let's call it B2)
Bach fires W, roasting two spiders.
Sukuzu attacks S.
(Chances are that all three spiders are dead now. If they aren't, we'll have to adjust our plan and settle for a less than optimal situation, but with the odds still in our favour.)
Bach then moves W N.
Wawa moves N N N.
Wubula attacks W with her Bonecrusher, or moves N N (taking a hit).
Sukuzu wields his other gun.
The next turn. Worst case scenario: the top line is filled with spiders, Wubula and Sukuzu are stunned. The situation is still not lost: Bach can fire W (does he have enough charges?), then hit N, Sukuzu fires W, and the line is clear. Wubula also has a grenade she can throw N. (If Bach is stunned instead of Sukuzu, the situation is similar.)
And that's the worst case scenario. More likely the top line won't be entirely filled, and Wubula and/or Sukuzu won't be stunned.
The worst case scenario of a direct attack is a dead Sukuzu.

This is probably our best bet, now that I really look at it. Apparently I still have 2 shots in my 'Roaster (Luki, please confirm; I thought I was down to my last one too), so we should be good to perform all actions.

Who has Spike Grenades? If they're close enough and have high enough STR, they can participate in direct attacks if everything goes completely wrong, since they can hit from the top 2 rows potentially.

The only thing that really concerns me is the leftover spider in melee with us. I can easily see a scenario where everyone is stunned except Wawa, since it can hit both me and Sukuzu if it wants to (and we seem to be having miserable luck with stunning lately). That makes clearing the top row a bit more complicated.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 10, 2009, 04:15:01 pm
This is probably our best bet, now that I really look at it. Apparently I still have 2 shots in my 'Roaster (Luki, please confirm; I thought I was down to my last one too), so we should be good to perform all actions.

Quote
The only thing that really concerns me is the leftover spider in melee with us. I can easily see a scenario where everyone is stunned except Wawa, since it can hit both me and Sukuzu if it wants to (and we seem to be having miserable luck with stunning lately). That makes clearing the top row a bit more complicated.

The small spiders aren't that smart. Once they find an enemy, they'll stick to him. Also, so far almost every spider has managed a hit, so I assume that'll even out.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 10, 2009, 05:10:47 pm
The only thing that I'm not sure of is what Wubula should do.
She could move N N, and the next turn contribute to the fight from the second line (twice), but she would endure a free strike while she moves N (which isn't too big a deal, as she'll probably heal after levelling soon).
Or she could kill the spider, and help out from the south. There would be no free strike, and she may be able to hit enemies further to the west, 3 at a time even, and she would not stand in the way of the rest. But if a new spider pops up one or two squares to the west of her, she won't be able to contribute at all from the south, except if Bach moves out of the way, and then she could still only hit those spiders which Bach could also hit. If she doesn't get stunned again, and the way isn't blocked, she could still run N N N and fire once, though.
And if a spider pops up next to her, the chance of spiders on the top line is reduced.

I think I'll go for N N.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 10, 2009, 08:14:13 pm
Just to be clear, are we going for a B2 with a dash of Wubula going N N?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 10, 2009, 09:22:14 pm
SoA and Dabir have yet to confirm (or reject).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 10, 2009, 09:25:49 pm
Yes, but I wanted to be sure I understood the plan currently being proposed.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 10, 2009, 09:55:35 pm
Yes, that's the plan (unless one of the spiders refuses to die).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 10, 2009, 10:54:32 pm
Agreed with meep.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 10, 2009, 11:26:03 pm
Agreed.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 11, 2009, 06:54:31 pm
The room is chaos, spiders are everywhere and their mandibles snap eagerly. Bach exhaust his weapon as he sends more demons back to the netherworld and Sukuzu tears his enemies apart. All the time new insidious spiders crawl out of the hole, eager to do combat. The High Priest impatiently hurries his fellows on and they pick up the pace. The silky path is almost complete and soon he will be able to escape.

Turn 4 of the Spawning room challenge. Final Turn, kill the opponent!

Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/2wqfrix.png)

OOC:

Ok, I think I interpreted this correctly, let me know if I misunderstood.

Bach fires, both spiders gets struck twice and die. Sukuzu scores a bullseye and kills his spider. Wubula get's hit and loses 1 HP.

Spiders turn. 3 new spiders appear, one directly to the north of the hole, one directly south of Wubula and one  by his buddy in the south west corner. Sukzu get attacked twice, loses 1 HP. Wubula manages to parry one hit from the new spider. No other spider has enough AP to reach and attack her.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 11, 2009, 07:13:04 pm
Ok...

Plan 30849587#%^@&!91236@&^&*=/: Bach and I finally clear the way for Wawa to go N (with a bit of maneuvering finesse), so that W-man can psy the crap out of the HP's ass and we leave this spider breeding nightmare for good.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 11, 2009, 09:44:48 pm
Lukipela: So that free strike is automatically a free hit? (I can't find the posting with the rule anymore; maybe you could include it in the rules posting?) Not that it matters at the moment, as I expect Wubula to level soon anyhow.

We actually have a small chance of killing the High Priest without Wawa using his/her/its Psychic Blast:
Bach fires his FleshRoaster to the W, then moves E S.
Sukuzu uses his claws to attack W, and then fires at the High Priest.
Wubula moves N, and then fires at the High Priest twice.
And if the High Priest is still alive, Wawa could do N W and use the Psychic Blast after all.

Lukipela: do the spiders spawn diagonally from the pit too? And when does a player get his HP refill? Directly when they have enough XP, or when they have a chance to move? I wouldn't want two spiders to team up on Wubula and kill her before she levels up.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 11, 2009, 09:53:56 pm
Lukipela: So that free strike is automatically a free hit? (I can't find the posting with the rule anymore; maybe you could include it in the rules posting?) Not that it matters at the moment, as I expect Wubula to level soon anyhow.

Yeah, it's a 50/50 chance of losing 1 HP. I need to update the rules a bit after this weekend, hopefully that'll clear things up. Once this mission is done, I have some major rewriting ahead of me.

Quote
Lukipela: do the spiders spawn diagonally from the pit too? And when does a player get his HP refill? Directly when they have enough XP, or when they have a chance to move? I wouldn't want two spiders to team up on Wubula and kill her before she levels up.

I've set them up to spawn on a D12, along the straight edges 8three tiles) of the hole. So the spider closest to the priest is on one, the one in the south is on 5 and Wubula is on 8. So no diagonal spawning. HP refill is immediate, as soon as you get it you have full HP.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 12, 2009, 12:03:45 am
My Fleshroaster is apparently expended now, so we're going to have to alter the plan a bit.

I'll attack the spider N of me in melee (twice if needed). This frees up Sukuzu to take out the last spider on the top row with his pistol (hopefully in 1 shot) and get out of Wawa's way (S S, and then a follow up attack against the spider that's there). Wawa can move N (or N W if Sukuzu needs 2 shots, though this will leave him vulnerable to any new spiders that pop up on the top row next turn) and finish the High Priest off with his powers.

Once it's dead, we should be quick about retrieving its stuff (especially that ranged weapon!) and getting out. I'm operating under the assumption that the little spiders wouldn't carry anything on them.

Once we're done here, we should definitely check out the altar in the previous room (as well as loot those bodies too, since we've been in a hurry).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 12, 2009, 12:22:14 am
That doesn't work; Sukuzu is wielding a Slayer, and it takes 1 AP to switch. But Wubula is wielding a Bonecrusher. So we can do this:
Bach attacks N with his Combat Knife, and then moves S E.
Wubula moves N and attacks the NW with her Bonecrusher.
Sukuzu fires W twice.
Wubula fires W (if the Priest isn't dead yet).
And if necessary, Wawa moves N W and Psychic Blasts the Ayatollah.

This is actually better than what I proposed before, as Sukuzu can do more damage than Wubula from where they are standing.

Edit: If Bach doesn't kill the spider to his N, or if Wubula doesn't kill hers, Wubula can use her second AP to attack again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 12, 2009, 09:59:46 am
Just reminding you, no update until Sunday or Monday. Take your time to consider things, since this is your last chance.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 12, 2009, 04:15:41 pm
The reason I said Sukuzu should use his pistol is because he's been out of Slayer rounds for quite a while now. The fact that he didn't switch weapons last turn went against the plan... but we can work with it.

In all honesty, let's try to hit the High Priest with weapons fire as little as possible. Wawa's power is 100% guaranteed to wipe it out, so all we need to do is clear the path for him to use it. The rest of use need to concentrate on taking out the little guys as quickly and efficiently as possible.

To that end:

I attack N, and move E S regardless of outcome. Hopefully the little bastard dies.
Wubula moves N ( probably taking 1 damage in the process, since she has to break combat again; I hope you level up from the XP we get from the High Priest, otherwise you're kinda screwed). She attacks NW with the Bonecrusher, and then N again if that spider is still alive (otherwise she may as well wait to resolve the rest of her turn later).

Depending on the outcome, we could have 0, 1, or 2 spiders left in the top row:

If 0 - Wawa moves N W, and uses PsyFlash. High Priest dies. Sukuzu can fiddle with his turn once we resolve that.
If 1 - Depends which one it is. If it's the closest one, Sukuzu can land 2 melee attacks against it since he doesn't have to move. That should kill it off, leaving the way clear for Wawa to execute the High Priest as above. If it's the farther one, things get a bit trickier. Sukuzu will have to advance W, strike, and then move either back E or S S (I reccommend the latter). If that attack doesn't kill it, we're screwed and have been wasting our time.
If 2 - Highly unlikely, but also unrecoverable. Unless Sukuzu or Wawa have grenades they can throw at the High Priest (and even then, our odds are slim), he's going to get away. If that's the case, we may as well start retreating right away and hang on to as much health as we can still muster, since we still have our final objective to complete.

Hopefully, this plan will execute according to design, and Sukuzu and Wubula will still be able to take some actions after the High Priest dies.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 12, 2009, 07:10:59 pm
Well, if we're not going to try to save the Psychic Blast, I have another idea:
First, to make it a bit easier to describe, let's call the left spider on the top line "Lewis", and the right one "Roger".
Sukuzu attacks Roger W.
* if Roger is dead:
  Sukuzu moves S S and attacks S.
  Bach moves N, attacks Lewis W, and moves E.
* if Roger didn't die:
  Bach attacks Roger.
  * If Roger is now dead:
    Sukuzu moves S S and attacks S.
    Bach moves N E.
  * If Roger is still alive:
    Sukuzu attacks Roger.
    Bach moves E S.

If any of the spiders is still alive, then Wubula still has 2 AP to attack. But she has to disengange from the Ilwrath, possibly taking her to 1 HP, so she may want to drink the cocktail with her last AP instead.
If both spiders are still alive, then it may make sense for Wubula to throw a spike grenade, even though that may hit Sukuzu and Wawa (who is about to level up anyhow).

The advantages of this plan over yours, are that:
  • Sukuzu probably gets to kill the spider to his S too.
  • Wubula doesn't disengage from the spider unless necessary.
  • Wubula probably gets to kill one or both of the spiders to her S.
  • Wubula is in a position to throw a spike grenade at both spiders.

Another option to consider is to have Bach throw a spike grenade to his N if the spider survives Sukuzu's first attack, but that potentially hurts himself as well as Sukuzu and Wawa. That means one extra strike. But I don't think that is worth the risk and the grenade.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 13, 2009, 02:02:33 am
The only alteration to your plan is that I would not move N E (at if Roger is dead). Instead, move Wawa into that corner and have him use his power, then move me to his W to shield him from incoming spiders.

I'm going to be away all weekend. I may be able to check the forum during that time, but no guarantees. So feel free to execute plans with my implies approval.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 13, 2009, 11:13:51 am
What about Lewis, then? He needs to die first.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 14, 2009, 08:19:28 pm
I meant "if Roger is now dead," sorry.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 14, 2009, 08:53:45 pm
That doesn't change anything. Lewis is still there, and before Wawa can use the Psychic Blast, Wubula needs to kill him, for which she has to move to where Bach is standing. And the only place where Bach can go, while allowing Wawa to fire at the High Priest, is in the NE corner.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 15, 2009, 03:59:20 pm
I'm back, in pain and slightly confused. Once you've decided on a battle plan, I'll need everyone to post that they agree.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 15, 2009, 04:18:05 pm
That doesn't change anything. Lewis is still there, and before Wawa can use the Psychic Blast, Wubula needs to kill him, for which she has to move to where Bach is standing. And the only place where Bach can go, while allowing Wawa to fire at the High Priest, is in the NE corner.

Now that I take a better look at it, you are correct. However, I still think it would be wise not to put Wawa out on a limb if we don't have to. So instead of having me move immediately, I would pause after moving N and attacking W (during the "if Roger is dead" process). If Lewis is dead after that, I would move back S, Wawa would move into the corner and Psyflash, and then Wubula could move into the square W of him to protect him. If he doesn't die, continue the plan as written (I move E into the corner, etc.) This is just to keep Wawa in a more sheltered position, since even these little guys could be a significant threat to him.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 15, 2009, 04:49:04 pm
However, I still think it would be wise not to put Wawa out on a limb if we don't have to. So instead of having me move immediately, I would pause after moving N and attacking W (during the "if Roger is dead" process). If Lewis is dead after that, I would move back S, Wawa would move into the corner and Psyflash, and then Wubula could move into the square W of him to protect him. If he doesn't die, continue the plan as written (I move E into the corner, etc.) This is just to keep Wawa in a more sheltered position, since even these little guys could be a significant threat to him.
Agreed on Wawa moving into the corner in this case, and moving Bach back. But there is no reason to move Wubula next to Wawa to protect him/her/it, as these little spiders only have 2 movement points, and climbing out of the pit takes one.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 15, 2009, 05:08:00 pm
Quote
Ilwrath Male Infant

HP 1
STR 1
MOV 6

From the units & items thread. This situation would have been much easier to deal with if they had a low MOV score. Unfortunately, the little bastards are quick, and can pretty much go after whoever they want. The rest of us can mostly shrug them off, but Wawa is not so lucky with his low HP and weak melee skills.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 15, 2009, 05:13:08 pm
But there is no reason to move Wubula next to Wawa to protect him/her/it, as these little spiders only have 2 movement points, and climbing out of the pit takes one.

They have two action points, and exiting the pit takes one, so they have 1AP/3MOV on their first round.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 15, 2009, 06:36:21 pm
I was confused for a bit. Still, Wawa is standing in the corner with full HP, and only 1 spider can reach him/her/it, while Wubula has the chance to get rid of two spiders where she is now, which could each attack twice if not stopped. So I'm in favour of letting her do that.
(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if these Spiders jump back into the pit once the High Priest has her legs pulled out.)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 16, 2009, 03:51:34 pm
Well, I suppose eliminating more of them isn't really a bad thing. We should probably put something into motion soon anyway, so I'll roll with it.

Hopefully the little guys bail out when the High Priest dies (or flees). If not, we're going to have to contend with them for a while as we retrieve the High Priest's gear and get out, which isn't exactly an appealing prospect. We've used up a lot of ammo on them already.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 16, 2009, 04:31:59 pm
We can deal with them in hand-to-hand combat. We wouldn't be in a hurry anymore.
Also, there are still a couple of unexamined corpses which should have decent weapons on them. It's just unfortunate that we wasted our last (non-spike) grenade.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 17, 2009, 09:19:10 pm
So?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 17, 2009, 10:09:02 pm
So (summarising the above discussion) we go with:
Sukuzu attacks Roger W with his claws.
* if Roger is dead:
  Sukuzu moves S S and attacks S with his claws.
  Bach moves N, attacks Lewis W with his combat knife.
  * if Lewis is dead:
    Bach moves S.
    Wawa moves N and Psychic Blasts the High Priest.
  * if Lewis is still alive
    Bach moves E.
* if Roger didn't die:
  Bach attacks Roger with his combat knife.
  * If Roger is now dead:
    Sukuzu moves S S and attacks S.
    Bach moves N E.
  * If Roger is still alive:
    Sukuzu attacks Roger with his claws.
    Bach moves E S.

And what Wubula and Wawa do depends on the outcome of that.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 18, 2009, 08:45:18 am
An agreement from Son is needed, since he hasn't been very active in the discussion.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 18, 2009, 08:48:35 am
The same goes for Dabir. However, it's been a week since they last posted anything. How long are you going to wait?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 18, 2009, 10:28:07 am
Luki&team sorry for late posting and silence, I'm quite busy in RL now with exams and such, so I'll just agree with meep and his flawless elaboration of our tactical options for this occasion.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 18, 2009, 01:19:45 pm
The same goes for Dabir. However, it's been a week since they last posted anything. How long are you going to wait?


While you and Draxas have been working out the best strategy, I've been content to let the others just browse. Now that you've agreed on an initial strategy, I'll give Dabir a day to confirm before I move his character over to someone else.

EDIT: Actually, it's midsummer tomorrow so he has two days.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 18, 2009, 08:29:11 pm
I agree whole-heartedly with this plan.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 18, 2009, 09:02:07 pm
The havoc continues. Sukuzu, finding his stride, tears and rips through spiders to all sides. He lets loose a howl of fury and joy, this is what he signed up for! Bach on the other hand, seems shaken by the spiders. He slashes one with his knife, but the skittering creature easily avoids him. Battle plan in mind, he retreats and easily avoids the enemies futile attempts to lash out.

Map:

(http://i42.tinypic.com/23i83mw.png)

OOC: Sukuzu easily tears through his enemies, but Bach fails his knife attack so he retreats. That means Wawa and Wubula have full AP while Sukuzu and Bach have none. So time to kill that last spider.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 18, 2009, 10:28:16 pm
Hmm... Ok. Wubula moves N, enduring a free strike, and attacks Lewis NW with her bonecrusher. If that doesn't kill him, I'll need to consult with the rest some more, and what happens then may depend on whether she got hit during the free strike.

Also, the map still shows the nameless spider which Sukuzu killed.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 19, 2009, 05:47:13 pm
Wait, knife? I thought I had a Saber from one of the Sergeants we killed.

Ah nuts. We actually specified knife in the plan and didn't even notice. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 19, 2009, 08:06:38 pm
I thought I had a Saber from one of the Sergeants we killed.

It's MY saber not Sergeants. M.I.N.E. I just borrowed it to Bach. After the debrief it goes to moi ;D ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 19, 2009, 10:44:26 pm
Semantics, really. Not that you would ever want to use it; apparently you lack opposable thumbs and are much more adept without a weapon. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 20, 2009, 02:29:10 pm
Hmm... Ok. Wubula moves N, enduring a free strike, and attacks Lewis NW with her bonecrusher. If that doesn't kill him, I'll need to consult with the rest some more, and what happens then may depend on whether she got hit during the free strike.

Also, the map still shows the nameless spider which Sukuzu killed.


I'll update/fix tomorrow. Not at home today, and I forgot to bring my files.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 21, 2009, 07:44:40 pm
Sensing rather than seeing Bach's failure, Wubula withdraws from battle with the closest beasts. As she does, one of them takes the opportunity to sink its tiny fangs into her back. Before she manages to twirl around and strike it, it easily jumps backwards to secure ground. Wincing with the pain and feeling dizzy from the spider venom now flowing in her veins, Wubula nonetheless pushes onwards. At the edge of the pit she twirls her Bonecrusher, striking her foe when it least expects it. The pitiful spider is no match for Wubula's skill, and the heavy end of the Bonecrusher squishes it into a pulp. She staggers backwards, big lungs eagerly sucking air, and leans on her Bonecrusher. The path is clear now. All that remains is for Wawa to strike. As she fights to keep concious, she can't help but smile. Everything is going to be all right now.

Map:

(http://i41.tinypic.com/2ihw48p.png)

OOC: Wubula down to her last HP, but at last the course is clear! Go team!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 21, 2009, 09:43:05 pm
Woohoo! Now it's Wawa's moment...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 22, 2009, 09:30:04 am
Wawa sees... Wawa understands... Wawa has seen the enemy. It moves into position and, with maybe a touch of regret, obliterates the foe. Summary: n, use psychic blast on high priest.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 22, 2009, 10:12:19 am
Yay! Finally! Goooooooo Wawa! ~_~

Semantics, really. Not that you would ever want to use it; apparently you lack opposable thumbs and are much more adept without a weapon. :P

But my dear fren', who ever said that I would use that saber with my paws, when my jaw works just fine? And it leaves my both talons free to unleash utter destruction upon my foes? Think about it for a sec :) ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 22, 2009, 01:48:20 pm
Wawa sees... Wawa understands... Wawa has seen the enemy. It moves into position and, with maybe a touch of regret, obliterates the foe. Summary: n, use psychic blast on high priest.
That should be N, W, Psychic Blast.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 22, 2009, 04:14:07 pm
But my dear fren', who ever said that I would use that saber with my paws, when my jaw works just fine? And it leaves my both talons free to unleash utter destruction upon my foes? Think about it for a sec :) ;)

You watch too many crazy cartoons. :P


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 22, 2009, 04:21:45 pm
What cartoons?  ??? I haven't put my gaze on TV in that or any other form for a long long time now...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 22, 2009, 06:39:16 pm
Wawa steps forward, staring at its adversary. Focusing all the fear and helplessness he has felt in this cursed place, it bottles those feelings up into a ball of anger and rage. Tightly, tightly it squeezes the emotions, until the very air crackles with psionic energy. Finally, as it can hold it no more, it releases the charge. Invisible to normal eyes, it zooms forward towards the High Priest.

But she sees it. She sees death coming, and opens her mandibles to roar in frustration and defiance. To come so close and yet fail! Her punishment will surely be great and yet it is no more than she deserves. As the psionic energy smashes into her body, she fervently tries to hold onto her mind. This is all in her mind. But the Arilou's powers are far too great. Even though her mind does not believe it, her frail dusty body shrivels as the psionic shockwave makes her cells implode. Organs collapse into paste and her husk shrivels and collapses onto the floor.

The small spiders scatter immediately. With nothing less to fight for, they retreat back into their lair. Suddenly, the room is still and empty, even if a thousand small eyes still watch our heroes.

Spawning room Challenge: Success! 2 XP per player!


Map:

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2zf3nud.png)

OOC: Well done, mission complete! Wawa and Wubula level up and get to choose their poison, offensive defensive or general.

To speed things up, I'll let you decide who picks what up and how you want to position yourselves for the next door. The fallen High Priest only carried a Mystic staff (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.60). The dead regular Priest carried a Fleshroaster which hasn't been fired. The Apprentice carries a loaded Paingiver, a spare spike, and a spike grenade.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 22, 2009, 06:39:34 pm
N-w then, i'm updating by mobile so i can't see the map.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 22, 2009, 07:18:18 pm
N-w then, i'm updating by mobile so i can't see the map.

I updated and moved you like that allready, your intent was clear. How do you get that mobile iccon? Im writing this from my phone but I cant see it anywhere...


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 22, 2009, 07:33:02 pm
I'll definitely exchange my empty 'Roaster for the full one. Wawa should take the extra Spikes. The Spike Grenade can go to whoever wants it, probably should go to either Wawa or Wubula.

We need the full stats for the Staff before we assign it to someone.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 22, 2009, 07:54:20 pm
Mystic staff (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.60) added.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 22, 2009, 09:29:12 pm
Wubula will take the general upgrade.

And although I wouldn't mind having an extra spike grenade for her, I expect that it will be of more use to Wawa. We can always redistribute them if anyone expends one.

Did we find out what was on the sign near the door to the unexplored room yet? Otherwise, this would be a good time to read it.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 22, 2009, 10:25:45 pm
Sukuzu reloads his trusty Slayer.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 23, 2009, 12:24:57 am
Now knowing how the Staff works, I think it would be a fine weapon for Wawa in the final assault on the command canter. Beyond that, it's probably not worth the cost to reload it. Still, I think it's a no-brainer for him to dump his Peashooter in favor of this, at least until it runs out of ammo (in which case, we should still probably take it home for the boys in research).

I'm going to switch back to my rifle before we take up positions for the next assault.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 23, 2009, 12:44:01 am
Hmm... indeed. I didn't realise it was something which Wawa could wield. Though it may still be good for Wawa to take a "general" upgrade. If anyone could do with a bit more STR or MOV, it's Wawa.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 23, 2009, 04:32:27 pm
Did we find out what was on the sign near the door to the unexplored room yet? Otherwise, this would be a good time to read it.

You didn't. Whoever wants to read that sign needs to tell me that their character is doing it though *whistles innocently*

EDIT: Also, Wubula picks a general upgrade, which means she gets + 1 MOV. Congratulations, you're now the second fastest in the team. Not bad for a fat woman eh?

EDIT2: Also, about one week left to finish this up. Looks like you might get to the end after all. Who'da thought it? I might give you some extra time since updates are going to be sparse this week, major stress situation.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 23, 2009, 05:06:52 pm
Did we find out what was on the sign near the door to the unexplored room yet? Otherwise, this would be a good time to read it.

You didn't. Whoever wants to read that sign needs to tell me that their character is doing it though *whistles innocently*
Fine, Wubula reads the sign.
And someone should examine that orb.

Quote
EDIT: Also, Wubula picks a general upgrade, which means she gets + 1 MOV. Congratulations, you're now the second fastest in the team. Not bad for a fat woman eh?
W00t! That was the stat I was hoping for.

Edit: Wubula is stil listed as being level 1.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 23, 2009, 07:09:48 pm
And someone should examine that orb.

Another thing I meant to do. I'll check it out, and take it with us if it looks possible / feasible.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 23, 2009, 10:55:13 pm
Maybe we can take the entire altar with us, so that we can always recharge the Mystic Staff. ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 24, 2009, 12:24:48 am
That would be great. I can see it now: Wawa leading the way with staff poined menacingly, and the other 3 of us team-lifting around a gigantic stone altar behind him. :D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 24, 2009, 12:46:13 am
Let's make a shield out of it. ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 24, 2009, 06:44:53 pm
General upgrade it is.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 25, 2009, 06:09:43 am
Bach confidently wanders over to the altar and examines it. It is a pitiful heathen thing, cut from a single block of stone and resting solidly on the floor. It is crude and it is almost beneath his dignity to examine it closer. It’s littered with dried fluid specks and the bones of unfortunate victims. The only remotely interesting part of the altar is the large green gem that has been sunken its middle. The stone glows with an inner light of some kind, a malevolent presence. As he reaches out to touch it, he can feel an unholy heat radiating from it. Reconsidering, he pulls his hand back. Who wants heathen trinkets anyway?

Wubula approaches the sign and peers at it. The text is really tiny and she wonders who would use such a uselessly small font. The sign is also dirty, some dark liquid has been splattered over it and dried. Moving closer, she leans in to read it. Its standard Ur-Quan script and conveys the message "Got you! Har har har!"

As the meaning sinks in Wubula hears a clicking noise. Instinctively she dodges and rolls backwards, barely avoiding the large stone hammer that whooshes through the air where her head was only seconds earlier. It smacks into the sign with a resounding thud. Wubula shudders. That explains the stains. Someone else wasn’t as prepared.


OOC: Wubula rolled for successful evasion, would’ve cost 1 HP otherwise. Wawa gets his general upgrade, which is speed as well! + 1 MOV means he can run as fast as Bach now. As a side note, not everyone has + 1 MOV as their first upgrade even though it may seem so at present. Once you've decided upon the loot and chosen uyour places, we're ready to roar.

Also, I won't be able to do a map update until Sunday, but I will be around today and on Friday to answer questions. Satruday I'll be so gone it's not even funny.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 25, 2009, 07:53:25 am
These Ilwrath have a weird sense of humour.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 25, 2009, 09:57:52 am
IC: Sukuzu moves S, 4E, N and approaches the alien altar. With a purposeful look on his face he searches through his backpack and then reaches toward the crystal with the Pretty Flower in his hand. He places the flower no more than two lenghts of his paw above the alien artifact...*awaiting the result*

OOC: If nothing happens Sukuzu then just collects the strange Gem. When I think about it, even if something does happen, Sukuzu's nxt action will be taking the Gem.

These Ilwrath have a weird sense of humour.


EDIT: "Har, har!" line implies that this is an Umagh prank.

We'll probably encounter some of those "friendly" blobs by the end of this mission.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 25, 2009, 03:50:27 pm
If Sukuzu doesn't have any luck with his method, I'll grab the nearest heavy, disposable, blunt object, and desecrate the altar by smashing that gem loose. It's not like Dogar and Kazon can get any more pissed at us, can they? We already killed their entire (or at least most of) priestly population for this fortress. Even if the science boys don't want it, I'll at least have done a bit of God's work, right?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 25, 2009, 10:19:07 pm
These Ilwrath have a weird sense of humour.
EDIT: "Har, har!" line implies that this is an Umagh prank.
Ah, I missed that. Indeed, that makes more sense.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 26, 2009, 06:50:28 am
Ignoring the ominous feeling the gem evokes in him, Sukuzu boldly marches up to it and brings out his flower. Slowly, he inches it closer to the gemstone, hoping that it will unlock whatever secrets are hidden. At first, nothing happens. The flower is the same as ever. Moving it even closer, so that it is merely two paw lengths from the stone, he finally gets a result. The flower begins to shrivel in his hands, as if it were aging at an accelerated pace. It quickly dries out, and then begins to fall apart. Within second, nothing but dust remains in Sukuzu’s paws. Looking at the gemstone, Sukuzu wonders if it doesn’t just grow a little more brightly now.

OOC: If you still want to pick it up, let me know. No need to post movement though, as we’re in magical no turn land where you can do mostly anything until you decide how to position yourself and who opens the following door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 26, 2009, 08:46:30 am
Wubula will stand E of the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on June 26, 2009, 03:04:14 pm
OOC: Oh no! My flower! :o :( argh, meaningless sacrifice  >:(

So after seeing the consequences of close interaction with the Alien Gem, either it possesses some life stealing/extinguishing powers (I suspect it's an aura of some sort) or this was case specific for the Pretty Flower...which means that Sukuzu probably shouldn't touch it now or never because of that psychic vibe imprint thingy or he'll end up wit a premature dirtnap :P

But I think that if we would use this Gem with some caution it could prove as an invaluable trump card in end combat (if we encounter some sort of boss or something):

We could tie it up at the end of a pole of some sort (~furniture conversion :)) and use it as a touch/contact weapon to weak foes at 1-2 squares range and instill fear in their hearts, or throw it as a grenade at groups of foes thus lowering their HP and morale. Maybe we could combine it with that Mystic Staff to make it even more potent/fearsome weapon...I wonder what would happen if we would use the Gem as replacement for the standard plasma charge...Arcane Death Plasma Gun maybe? It's possible :)

All things considered, the Gem reminds me (from it's outlook and effects) of Lok-Nar from the heavy metal movie.

Other than that, Sukuzu will stand in front of the door after we decide what will we do with the artifact/altar.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 26, 2009, 03:41:16 pm
Well, I still want to smash it loose with some sort of disposable battering ram. Preferably, seeing what it did to that flower, a LONG disposable battering ram. Maybe if it loses contact with the altar it won't be quite as dangerous... Or maybe that will make its effects spiral out of control. In the latter case, I'll be ready to book back into the hallway if it seems to do crazy stuff on its own.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 26, 2009, 04:21:15 pm
What do you expect to gain from that?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 26, 2009, 04:32:52 pm
Like I said, to recover it for the science boys back home. The more technology we recover, the more they can understand and emulate, the more options we have in future missions. Call it an investment in Star Control's future. ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 29, 2009, 06:12:56 am
Shocked by the demise of his flower, Sukuzu looks around for something to carry the gem with. Several pieces of furniture encountered earlier come to mind, but unfortunately attaching the gem to them without touching it proves too much of a challenge. The gem is secured to the altar table and Sukuzu can think of no way to change this. Annoyed, he steps aside and lets Bach do his thing.

Bach pulls out his Sabre, and confidently approaches. Taking careful aim, he smashes at the gem with all his might. Sparks fly as he scrapes its surface. After a few more blows, the gem is crisscrossed by such scrapes. Unfortunately it seems to be no closer to shattering, or even becoming dislodged. Frustrated he backs off.


OOC: Okay, so I need Bach’s and Dabir’s positions still. Since it’s apparently funny to send people abroad with only a days notice, there will be no update tomorrow. To compensate, I’m going to let this run for this entire week.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 29, 2009, 04:28:28 pm
Hmm, that saber is not large, blunt, nor disposable, but it doesn't matter. I submit to its unsmashableness, and take up position right in front of the door (unless someone else wants point, but I figure I can open the door and blast anything directly ahead before the rest of you assault the room).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 29, 2009, 05:25:32 pm
Sukzuzu already took point.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on June 29, 2009, 07:43:41 pm
Right behind him to the W, then, unless that's also taken, in which case 2 W. Though we may want to redistribute.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on June 29, 2009, 07:47:25 pm
Okay, that leaves Dabir. As I'm leaving now, next update is on Wednesday.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on June 29, 2009, 08:47:44 pm
Lest it gets left behind, Wubula picks up the grenade and gives it to Wawa (pin and all).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on June 30, 2009, 10:02:32 pm
Looks like W of wubula is the place to be for everyone's favourite little green being.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 01, 2009, 04:20:26 pm
W of Bach, actually. That's the closest you can get to the door, anyway.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 01, 2009, 05:09:04 pm
Okay, so Sukuzu has reloaded his Slayer, and has no extra clip for that any more. Bach has a fully charged Fleshroaster. Wawa gets an extra spike grenade and now wields the staff. He drops the Peashooter. Sukuzu takes point, Wubula to the east, Bach to the West and Wawa  to his west. Update coming in the evening, but I already updated your inventory. Let me know if I missed something, the last few pages are a bit confusing to read through.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 01, 2009, 05:24:32 pm
I want to switch to my rifle as my primary weapon again.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Dabir on July 01, 2009, 05:54:05 pm
And i'll switch back to the paingiver.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 01, 2009, 06:07:55 pm
Well, everyone is still listed as level 1.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 01, 2009, 07:44:33 pm
Well, everyone is still listed as level 1.

Because you started as level 0. Ok, I'll enact those changes and get cracking.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 01, 2009, 07:58:51 pm
As Sukuzu pushes the door open, an argument can be heard from within

"And I don't care how important you are to the research effort doctor, one more prank like that and your guards will become your executors! Stop grinning at me you..."

The Androsynth Sergeant is interrupted by a boisterous laugh by the Umgah on the other side of the desk. As Sukuzu peers in, he can see two more guards as well as the Umgah scientist (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4377.msg59938#msg59938). He also spots a data storage device on the table, surely containing important research information. He doesn't have time for more before the Umgah lets off a laugh:

"HAR HAR HAR! Intruders are here to have some fun!"


Map:
(http://i40.tinypic.com/bi1jq1.png)

OOC:

Off you go. Game ends on Friday afternoon/evening, so lets not waste time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 02, 2009, 03:41:06 am
My personal best idea is for me to jump E and fill the blobbie with lead twice. Sukuzu can head N W and melee the Sergeant beforehand to clear the way. Wubula can follow up W N and continue the melee attacks, or shoot at the Umgah if the Andro dies too soon. Wawa might be a bit stuck for this turn, but can go E and wait. With some luck, this should cut the opposition in half, plus we won't be on the receiving end of whatever the new weapon does (knowing the Umgah, probably nothing good).

This does expose us to retaliation, but hey, it's the last room and the game's almost over. Let's finish it with a bang!


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 02, 2009, 03:43:30 am
OOC: How about:

1 Sukuzu moves N, W then fire Slayer N
2 Wawa moves E, E use Mystic Staff N
3 Bach moves E, N, N fire either W (if Commander is still alive) or N (if Umagh is still alive); if none is dead than fire at will
4 Wubula moves W, N, E fire Slayer N

?

After that a Big Bang is in order indeed :) But I'm really curious about what hides behind that red forcefield...

Off you go. Game ends on Friday afternoon/evening, so lets not waste time.

Can we get a few more days Luki? Just the weekend? To finish this mission right, as it should be.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 02, 2009, 07:47:50 am
Can we get a few more days Luki? Just the weekend? To finish this mission right, as it should be.

Sorry.  :-\ You're quite a bit a way from finishing the mission as it was originally planned, but if you manage to finish this room I'll rework things a bit to give you a satisfactory ending. But my vacation begins on Friday afternoon and I'll be heading off for a bit. I don't want to leave this hanging after that. This game has run for 6 months now and judging from how slowly the last few turns have been played out, finishing it would take a long time. It's break time now. Sometime in autumn I'll be back with a new and improved version which we will play with renewed vigor. Until then you'll have to find amusement somewhere else.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 02, 2009, 08:39:34 am
Wubula has the opportunity to hit two enemies at once with the Slayer. But she probably shouldn't torch the scientist's notes.
On the west side, she could do the same thing, if the southern Androsynth is taken care of first, while keeping the square at its south open.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 02, 2009, 09:57:57 am
But before anything actually happens I think I'll use one of those medikits (forgot to do it before kick-in-the-door entrance :P).

Also sarge should be our primary target for this assault. And is the sarges bonus having any effect on the Umgah?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 02, 2009, 10:33:27 am
But before anything actually happens I think I'll use one of those medikits (forgot to do it before kick-in-the-door entrance :P).

Also sarge should be our primary target for this assault. And is the sarges bonus having any effect on the Umgah?

You used 1 AP to open the door, using healing means you won't be doing anything else this turn. The sergeant does not bestow bonuses upon the Umgah, only on other Androsynth.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 02, 2009, 04:29:45 pm
OOC: How about:

1 Sukuzu moves N, W then fire Slayer N

I realize that you like the gun and all, but your melee attack is more effective.

Taking potshots at the Androsynth is not going to accomplish much. Remember, they have extra parries this turn. In order to stand a chance of killing them, we need a concentrated assault. Hence, why I wanted 2 melee attackers. With my setup, Sukuzu can attack once, Wubula twice, which yields 10 strikes; that should be more than enough to take him down, or at least get close. Plus I'll have 6 strikes againt the Umgah. That might not kill it, but it should at least be crippled and/or stunned. Plus, if the Sergeant dies before all of Wubula's AP are expended, she can fire at the Umgah as well with no risk of destroying the notes on the desk.

If you really want  Wawa involved in the attack, we could alter the plan a bit:

Sukuzu moves N W, attacks the Sergeant in melee
Wawa moves E E, fires the Staff at the Umgah
Wubula moves W N, attacks the Sergeant in melee twice (or directs Slayer fire at the Umgah if he dies)
I move E N N, and fire at the Umgah

This yields 1 extra strike against the Umgah, but also puts us in a poorer position: we've been set up perfectly for any blast area weapon to take us all out. So I prefer my original proposal.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 02, 2009, 04:31:55 pm
@Luki: I know that. But blood-frenzy or not, even Sukuzu doesn't feel comfortable with the idea of running into a room that has two andros, a sarge and one previously unencountered foe with about 68% of his HP total...heal or not to heal...hmmm.

I'll just wait a bit to see what others will post as their moves. But somehow I feel I'm still gonna run berserk before the day ends :D

You're quite a bit a way from finishing the mission as it was originally planned, but if you manage to finish this room I'll rework things a bit to give you a satisfactory ending.

Ok, that's fine I guess. Will we at least be able to see the "extra-content" that we are going to miss? Foremost I'm talking about the pic of the totally revealed map without fog of war :) Other than that I'm not willing to spoil anything else such as abilities and weapons that we didn't get/find. Map will suffice :)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 02, 2009, 05:03:50 pm
Ok, that's fine I guess. Will we at least be able to see the "extra-content" that we are going to miss? Foremost I'm talking about the pic of the totally revealed map without fog of war :) Other than that I'm not willing to spoil anything else such as abilities and weapons that we didn't get/find. Map will suffice :)

As I said, I'll be gone for most of next week. But after that I'll post the original map, the actual map, and some extra stuff.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 02, 2009, 05:47:29 pm
We could close the door again, and wait until the Never Surprised bonus wears off.

Also note that if we kill the sergeant, the west private gets a 1AP penalty.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 02, 2009, 05:48:37 pm
Let's just get to the killin'. We only have a day before the game ends.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 02, 2009, 05:56:51 pm
Let's close the door as meep said! And someone could use a medikit on me to give those 2 so much needed HP-_-

So I'll just close the door, everybody else skips, Luki plays the opponents turn, never surprised wears off, I open the door again...unless they charge outside that is. Hm?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 02, 2009, 06:27:15 pm
We're just letting them get into a better strategic position and wasting time we don't have. Also, the Umgah might eat the disk so we fail our mission, because that would be the funniest joke of all.

Let's just kill them, please?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 03, 2009, 12:14:46 am
I don't think you can use a medikit on someone else.

Given the time constraints, I'm for Draxas' second proposal (http://forum.uqm.stack.nl/index.php?topic=4379.msg59964#msg59964), but if the commander dies by Sukuzu's hands alone, Bach should move E N N and pick up the data device (if that is possible), and Wubula should then move W, N, E, fire slayer N.
I don't think we should worry about grenades, as the damage per player should be little, judging by our past experiences. The collective HP loss may be significant, but as long as we survive, that doesn't matter any more.

Also, we should shout "Hands up or die" while we perform our turn. If nothing else, it might distract the Umgah while he/she/it(/they) jokes about it.

And the next person who isn't waiting for anyone else to move first, should just take action, instead of (only) discussing further (but keeping in mind that Wawa needs a clear centre line).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 03, 2009, 12:32:36 am
Ok, let all hell brakes loose:

IC: As if the time and space themselves were tumbling down behind him Sukuzu leaps and darts through the room N, W faster than a Spathi running for cover. Standing up against yet another Androsynth elite soldier he unleashes his claws one more time with a relish expression on his face. The end is nigh flashes through his mind. And then he attacks (use paws of fury N).

A moment before he lands his blow deep into the sarges chest he screams:

"This is it my friends, attack! May Daikon be with us!

KYAIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 03, 2009, 06:12:22 am
The Androsynth Sergeant grunts as Shofixti claws tear into him. The damage is light though, as he is not suprised by the sudden attack.

OOC: Updating when I get off work, but I'll run the fights as you post to get us as far as possible.

Sukuzu scores a bullseye and a hit. The hit is parried on the second attempt, leaving the Androsynth sergeant with HP 3, parries 4.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 03, 2009, 06:43:52 am
*Smacks forehead*

Wawa switched to his Paingiver outside the room. Why, I'll never know.

Thus, second proposal actually yields 1 less strike than the first, and 2 less than it was supposed to. So, I'm going to just roll with the first proposal after all. Wawa should move E and switch back to the Staff after everyone else has gone so he can be an effective attacker!


Bach steps into the doorway behind the crazed Shofixti and levels his rifle at the Umgah, who is still inexplicably laughing even as the carnage begins.

"Die, abomination!" he yells with fervor, as his rifle barks to life, spraying the area with deadly fire.



Move E, fire at Umgah X 2


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 03, 2009, 06:58:10 am
As Bach opens fire, the Umgah's deep booming laugh turns into a high pitched shrill giggle. For some reason, losing chunks of its body is a hilarious concept to it. This game is fun!

OOC: On his first attack, Bach scores a bullseye and a hit. Umgah parries on second attempt. On his second attack he scores one hit, which the Umgah fails to parry. If meep and Dabir post before I get home, I'll run the enemy turn and just attempt to describe where you are.

Currently engaged enemies:

Andosynth Sergeant: HP 3, parries 4
Umgah Scientist HP 3, parries 0.

Current positions: Sukuzu S of the Sergeant. Bach S of the door.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 03, 2009, 08:47:47 am
Wubula moves W, N, and attacks the commander with the bonecrusher, twice if necessary. If she happens to kill it at the first attack, she then fires her Slayer at the Umgah.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 03, 2009, 09:07:34 am
Wubula moves forward, slahsing at her enemy. He easily dodges her first strike, leaning to the side as it swings harmlessly past. But that ease makes him overconfident, and he is completely unprepared for the second strike, sharp end of the Bonecrusher slashing his throat wide open. He collapses in a gurgling heap.

OOC: wubula rolls 1 strike, Sergeant parries on his first attempt, leaving him with 3 parries. On her second attack Wubula manages a stunning 3 bullseyes and thus the sergeant is no more.

Currently engaged enemies:

Umgah Scientist HP 3, parries 0.

Current positions: Sukuzu S of the Sergeant. Bach S of the door.  Wubula N of the door.

Hopefully Dabir will move forward next.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 03, 2009, 10:18:15 am
Way the go meep! And now goooooo Wawa! :D


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 03, 2009, 03:25:21 pm
Just as Wawa moves forward, prepared to strike, a deafening boom echoes through the temple. The Hierarchy systems have finally realised that the Asteroid was something else, and taken steps to prevent the intruders from escaping.

".... and the sound and data recording ends there sir. Once Hierarchy defense systems destroyed the disguised shuttle, our comlink was destroyed. While it was active it transmitted sound and radio chatter, so we've been able to piece together the mission up to then pretty well. But after that, we know nothing more of what transpired on the planet"

The Corridor 9 Commander looks tired. Sitting at his desk he has heard many similar reports before, tales of strike teams lost in action. Every loss of a soldier gnaws at his heart, adding another name to the list he recites every night. Hoping against hope, he asks his subcommander:

"Is there any chance that they survived? Any chance at all?"

Subcommander Gordon looks bothered. He knows how heavily the old man takes losses, but things don't look good. The escape shuttle was destroyed, and their team was stranded deep within Hierarchy space. That's a recipe for instant death if one is lucky. Still, there is one last thing about the incident he hasn't reported yet. Perhaps it will give the Commander enough hope to let him rest tonight.

"Well sir, our long range scouts detected some odd energy readings in the system a few days later. From what we've deciphered, it looks like a weapons fire was exchanged between several ships. Many of them warped into Hyperspace shortly after. It may be totally unrelated of course, since the Ilwrath have been fighting a very low level civil war since the loss of a High Priest anyhow. The Ur-Quan are certain to step in and stomp it out soon. But we haven't observed that many ships involved in a single inter-Ilwrath battle anywhere else"

The Commander lets out a sigh of relief. The fate of his soldiers still weighs heavily on him, but at least now there is a tiny sliver of hope.

"So they may still be alive. It's unlikely, but they were an able team despite their differences. Put their files in the MIA folder for now and tell our scouts to look out for Hierarchy ships transmitting our codes. If they are out there they'll make it back sooner or later."


OOC: Aand that's a wrap boys and girls. My vacation has officially begun, and I'm blowing this joint for a week or so. Once I'm back I'll post some bonus extras and lock the thread. Meanwhile, feel free to give feedback, preferably over in the SC:BEL thread. I'm especially interested in any constructive criticism. I've learnt a lot for next mission, but your opinions are welcome. This goes for people who haven't been playing as well of course.



Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 03, 2009, 03:44:28 pm
And some end this is! Props!

I guess a farewell is in order: so long Sukuzu, I hope you will find your way home regardless of your opinion which side of the world is east and which one is west :) It was a nice run.

And of course have a great vacation Lukipela, you've earned it ;)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 03, 2009, 06:28:19 pm
Yeah, it has been fun. Too bad we couldn't complete it in time.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Draxas on July 06, 2009, 04:13:45 am
I would have liked to see it through to the end, but alas. It's been a pretty sweet run, and a good learning experience.

If all players could do me a huge favor: Some of you have already commented on how to improve the mechanics over in the main thread. If all of you could weigh in, that would only help the development process for next time. I've already worked up some more interesting rules for burning things thanks to the events of this game, and I would like to hear if there are any other aspects you feel could be added or improved (I'm considering looking into the surprise mechanics thanks to the comments already there).


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 12, 2009, 05:54:51 pm
Glad you enjoyed the ending, and thank you all for a great game. bonuses and extras will appear sometime during the weekend.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 19, 2009, 05:29:29 pm
Hmm, time for some extras. First off, we have the original map that we started out the game with.

(http://i29.tinypic.com/2rc8lqg.png)

As you can see, it contains a lot less then what we ended up with. Most fo the rooms were quite empty, without anything interesting inthem. I had small text snippets preapred for them, such as

Quote
"Figures there'd be Androsynth at a research installation!"

For when you first encountered one of them. The door on the outside to the north west was supposed to be locked, so that you couldn't enter from that side. I pretty quickly realised that this wasn't enough.  The game was going to be pretty slow anyway and I figured that if nothing interesting happened the players would get bored pretty quickly. So I restructured the map and ended up with something much more like the end result.

(http://i32.tinypic.com/11w5z88.png)

As you can see this isn't the final final version, but it's pretty close. Several times I winged it and just quickly added something new in order to make things more interesting or reasonable.

Here's the last map with some more surroundings. As you can see, I was shifting things back and forth and using the spreadsheet around it to calculate things.  It was kind of messy. This final map was number 128 according to my notes. That's a lot of maps!

(http://i29.tinypic.com/s40wh3.png)


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: meep-eep on July 19, 2009, 07:23:53 pm
Hmm... so nothing behind the red door?

What was the purpose of the flower that Sukuzu picked?


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Lukipela on July 19, 2009, 07:57:58 pm
The red door was an alarm/spawning point. When you killed the Umgah, a biosensor would have triggered the alarm. All the rooms left (although there were none because you are murderous SOB's) would have been on lockdown, while that room spawned a set amount of enemies per turn, forcing you to try and get past them quickly enough.

Sukuzus flower would have set off a trap (angry symbionts) if you returned the back the original way, but the enemy would have focused on him. The alternate route past behind the bookshelf would have avoided both these problems.


Title: Re: SC:BEL Mission 1
Post by: Son_of_Antares on July 20, 2009, 11:41:06 am
If we used the alternative route behind the bookshelf, where would we find our exit? More precisely, how would we get pass those boulders? ??? Verymuch liking the mightyfine shiny bonus material :)