The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2024, 01:55:34 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

  Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release / General UQM Discussion / Re: Info for German Language Version should be updated on: October 14, 2010, 06:30:19 pm
Hi - sorry für long absence, I simply forgot this site.

I updated the deutsch.zip regarding to the two bugs.
The DL-Link can be found under this text.
For the future: post here and write an email to me for information.

Hi - sorry für meine lange Abwesenheit, ich hab die Seite schlicht vergessen.

Ich habe die deutsch.zip bearbeitet bezüglich der beiden Fehler.
Der DL-Link steht unter diesem Text.
Für die Zukunft; postet hier und informiert mich per Email, damit ich hier reinschaue.

DEUTSCH.ZIP
2  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release / Technical Issues / Re: German Translation - working again ... on: December 03, 2008, 01:01:04 am
For this time all work done - maybe there are some little mistakes, however; if you find mistakes, write me. The deutsch.zip is ready, but it is not a 1:1 translation; because of some formats I had to do some compromises. But it works now. (I hope so).
3  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release / Technical Issues / Re: German Translation - working again ... on: November 18, 2008, 12:47:15 am
für + ist are fixed - pure mistakes Wink

I'll have a look to your links, thx - later more Smiley


deutsch.zip finished; there may be some more mistakes, but I think, the most work is done; if someone wants it; PN me, until I have a home for the file.
4  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release / Technical Issues / Re: German Translation - working again ... on: November 17, 2008, 06:36:00 pm
Thx.

Yes, I had a look at the timestamps, but:

1.
The timestamps are numbers in te thousands - and I donts know, how many second 1000 units are ... but this is not the problem, because ...

2.
I dont know how other languages are combined with UQM; the german version uses them as an addon, which is packed in a zip.
The tree for using it is content-packages-addon-deutsch. In deutsch then tehre has to be the deutsch.zip.
It contains only the subfolders with the translated textfiles. It seems, that the timestamps were taken from the original game-files and the txt were "overwritten" in use (only temporary while playing).
This is activated by adding --addon deutsch to the game file command line.

I dont know, if it was the copying block for block into the english file and renaming it or if I changed the last lines, which maybe were too long.

Now this file works, and I hope, that this was the last "defect" one.

General:
a translation tool would be helpful; there must have been a difference between the original and the translated file, which was not shown via my tools.
Also it would be helpful, if there were a test.mode in UQM, something like: starting UQM in testmode, loading the file an testing the combination speech-text line for line automatically.
I know, imposibble, because there are no test-ts for that.
But a good unicode-editor ... I use unired, its good, but less comfortable.

Last:

After I fixed 2 other files, I hope, that it is now finished - if someone wants it: PN or mail me.
It was made für UQM 5, but I think, that it will also run with UQM 6 and other.


Last Last Wink

If there are more tips - thank you Smiley


(I hope my english is ok )

5  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release / Technical Issues / Re: German Translation - working again ... on: November 17, 2008, 03:31:07 pm
So, I dont wanted to wait for now, but for later files - answer wanted.

Now, I did it like the files before; I copied echt textblock into the english file, replacing english with german, and it works.
But WHY is NOT clear to me - I still cant see any differences in the textlines, in the # lines - nowhere.
6  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release / Technical Issues / German Translation - working again ... on: November 17, 2008, 02:02:07 am
Hello.

I got a part of a translation team doing german for UQM 5.
It seems, that I am the rest, however .. I've got a problem returning all the time.

The german translation is a zip-file, and it works, BUT: now the problem.

The txt-files were translated, most of them work.
Now, playing UQM again, I found a file, which hangs while playing.

Hangs means: speach is going on, text stops after the first line.
I tried many many thing, but al last I had to put every block of text an had to copy it to the places of the english text; examlpe

#[bla_1)   bla1.ogg
bla bla bla

Strange - THEN it works.
I cant find any differnece between the original file and the translated.
It was hard to translate the files AND to put the translation to the width of the english.

Now I have another file, it hangs up somewehre in the middle.
I kicked mistakes, I shortened text, I did and worked and screamed, nothing: it hangs.
I really lost the patience to do all this line-for-line work again - at 200 textblocks - I wanted to play!

The defaults, I've got them from the earlier team and I can see them by examine the original files,
seems to be the same: utf-8, LF, plain text.
Only the possibility has left, that there ist STILL a text, which is too long.

Looking forward, I fear, that there maybe more files to work with, so now the question:

HOW ist the easy way to fix this, with which tool, never mind what.
The game is heavy enough, I dont need/want such problems to ...

Thanks 4 help ..
Pages: [1]


Login with username, password and session length

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!