The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:47:32 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Warcraft 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Warcraft 3  (Read 2521 times)
Roelgiox
Zebranky food

Damn Yer Eyes!

View Profile
Warcraft 3
« on: July 24, 2003, 12:03:20 am »

I brought this up on the other board, I'm new at this one, but anyway, I've been working on a star control campaign using the Warcraft III Frozen throne editor. It has nothing to do with the story line really, but it's almost done. It's kinda like a sidequest of SC. Heres the basic story:

The alliance flagship *put your name here i'll just write vindicator* has crash landed on a Earthlike planet. On board is Zelnick, Talana, a Supox, an Utwig, a Kzer-Za captain, a Kohr-Ah captain, a Thraddash captain, An Androsynth captain, the Dynarri and the Taalo device. The crash set the Dynarri free from the cargo bay, and it quickly took over the 2 Quan captains and ran off. The Taalo device is really a dormant Taalo that was woken up during the crash. So your team consists of Zelnick, Talana, Taalo, Synth, Utwig, Supox, and a Thraddash. You're basically hunting down the 2 Quans and the Dynarri(which has no effect on you because of mr. Taalo). You find out that the Dynarri has taken parts of the flagship and is recruiting slaves from all over the peaceful planet and he is trying to build a new super weapon out of ship parts. Oh and also, some heroes have special items when they start, like Zelnick has the Umgah Caster, and the Utwig has the Ultron. Stuff like that!

So hey, the story may be crappy considering it was made by a 14 year old, but the game is fun and it's cool to use heroes from SC2. When it's done I'll be spreading it around and putting it on map websites. It's about half way done. Oh and I'll take small suggestions for the story, not big ones cuz to change the whole map would be the death of me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 12:03:53 am by Roelgiox » Logged
Volka
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
Re: Warcraft 3
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 12:06:29 am »

Sounds interesting. Too bad I don't have/like war3
Maybe you could do the same for Starcraft ya know?

UQM in spanish:
Here
Roelgiox
Zebranky food

Damn Yer Eyes!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 12:10:02 am »

I love starcraft, but i'm not sure if the editor is very good... by the way the WC hero that I picked for Zelnick is the WC model of the SC marine... pretty cool. And the Quan are the WC models of the SC hydralisk... mostly because hydralisks look like big ugly worms.

Zelnick: Marine model
Talana: Sentinal model (sentinals are blue women too)
Thraddash: Blue Rhino lizard model
Synth: Blood mage human guy
Supox: Treant model hehe
Utwig: Acolyte model (Purple masked guys!)
Taalo: Mountain Giant Model (Big Rock guys)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 12:12:34 am by Roelgiox » Logged
Volka
Frungy champion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 12:21:52 am »

Heh,those SC models so nice.

Not sure if the Hydralisk is similar to an Ur-Quan...  herm...anyway...
Sad true,the Starcraft editor,Staredit,it is not as good as the Warcraft 3 one,even so,it's possible to make good maps yet,give it a try!

UQM in spanish:
Here
Shiver

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 02:50:44 am »

Don't you think that's one too many heroes to be bossing around at once? Controlling three in the melee is extremely hectic, how is one supposed to manage 7? Maybe you could knock it down to just Zelnick, Talana, and good ol' Fwiffo and make the Taalo an AI that doesn't fight but simply moves between areas once you've secured the vicinity. The thing about Fwiffo is I can't think of anything in the game that looks much like him... the hydralisk tinted lime green has the general shape, but you'd still need to change its head into a big eye. If that can't be done, use an Utwig. Those acolytes already look exactly like them.

This map does seem like something that could only be done effectively on Starcraft because WC3 has a medieval setting. Starcraft's editor is extremely limited, though. So, uh... maybe you could just wait 10 years for a Starcraft 2?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 02:52:50 am by Shiver » Logged
Roelgiox
Zebranky food

Damn Yer Eyes!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 03:54:53 am »

haha yeah [wait 10 years]...

No but you don't control all 7 at once. It's a 5-7 player internet co-op map. I would never want to control more than 3 at once.
[/waiting 10 years] I'm too impatient.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 09:35:26 am »

In that case, all those heroes are fine. But you should take out the Androsynth because A) they're dead and B) the blood mage bears no resemblence to the slick-haired asexual clones. I suppose Kael's sound set ("My people must be avenged.") works good, but you'll need a different model.
Roelgiox
Zebranky food

Damn Yer Eyes!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 10:55:51 am »

Yeah the Synth is only there as a filler with no part in the storyline. I couldn't think of any other unit that could resemble an SC alien at all. Maybe I should just change him to the Druid of the Talon Model and tint him green to be an Arilou? Yes, no, feedback  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length