The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:53:37 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  All crew of Lander dead and still alive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: All crew of Lander dead and still alive?  (Read 2386 times)
Musourenka
Zebranky food

View Profile
All crew of Lander dead and still alive?
« on: December 03, 2002, 05:54:58 am »

Hopefully, I didn't overlook a topic already on this.

First, I had saved my game while at the planet/scan menu (I do not know which planet or moon I was on).  I loaded it the next day and tried to get minerals while avoiding various hazards.  I managed to get the minerals, but was hit heavily by the hazards.  The moment I pressed Escape, I noticed I had THIRTEEN empty crew slot circles for the Lander at the time (as opposed to twelve like it should have) - an extra empty circle appeared to the left of the bottom row of crew circles.  My Lander was not destroyed, and the minerals I had gathered were still intact and added to my cargo total.  Moreover, the crew of the Vindicator was refilled to my maximum of 50 -- I had 40 when I saved and loaded at the beginning of this point.  

This might not need to be of high priority, since this is the most serious bug I have encountered (I've played several times for a total of about three or four hours), and it is not ruining the game.  I AM saving frequently and using two slots (I might use a third).

I just thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring it up.
Nam

Email
Re: All crew of Lander dead and still alive?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 04:23:29 am »

Just wanted to say, I just ran into this also; using the 0.12 patched version...

Saved a screenshot while it was happening and after. I did the autoscan, saved, then landed. Started being chased by an octopus on Eta Illuminati 1, decided, "what the heck, half dead, he runs faster than I do, maybe I can take him down" so I just stopped and kept firing. Damage happened with the death sound, but crew loss stopped after 13, and the same full restoration after (except to 100).

The only real other hazard around was lightning. No ideas otherwise... Hope that helps.
TD
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 11:14:38 am »

It happened to me once but I could never recreate the error. Eventually the landed did explode but it took ages.
Slylendro
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 04:45:49 pm »

i think there is something similar, if your lander got hitted from fwiffo on the surface, while u had less then 8 crew, you will be able to continue while u have 0 crew on board.
same as if u have 100 crew and sell them to the druuge(at least on the pc version).

It is as though your species' brain is too small to hold a simple thought
such as, WE WILL KILL YOU FOR DISOBEYING!
This is not a complex idea.
Black Monk

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2002, 09:43:41 pm »

Can anyone recreate this from a saved game?  If so, maybe you could mail that savegame to a coder to look at so they could figure out exactly what is going on--if they don't already know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length