The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:05:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Where are the save files?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Where are the save files?  (Read 8649 times)
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Where are the save files?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 11:19:34 pm »

Nah... Zelnick would never do that. He's the hero. He doesn't steal. He was just... teaching the Thraddash about not being too trusting. Yeah, that's it. And the Mycon... well, they had it coming. And he doesn't murder either. The Evil  Ones are just in suspended animation.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Joe_Cool

Email
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2005, 06:57:25 pm »

(And UQM has nothing to do with Rockstar)
Grand Theft Starship! A group of inmates locked up for life on Vela Penitentiary, led by a man known only as Zelnick, bust out and grab a Precursor service vessel. Warping back to his 'hood, Zelnick finds the Ur-Quan gang has trashed the place and locked up all but a few of his homies. This is the start of a tale of crime of intergalactic proportions as Zelnick has to steal, murder and intimidate for his gang to regain its freedom and respect.

LOL, great one Smiley

I haven't gotten it to work with the --configdir parameter, it just kept creating directories at random in the program directory and exited with an error like "could not change dir" or "unable to create". I think there is a "\" too much or missing in some part of the code, but I was too lazy to take a look at it.
I tried relative and absolute paths.
Without --configdir it also created the savegames in e:\userdata on my win98se. (I understand that was fixed in CVS)
I solved the "problem" by hex editing the EXE file and replacing "%appdata%\uqm" with ".\savegames" works like I want it to ever since Cheesy
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 08:40:03 am »

See bug 738. The handling of -C/--configdir is broken, but you can work around it and I've written a patch that does the workaround inside the UQM code.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length