The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:35:07 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Patch questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patch questions  (Read 3881 times)
Jumjalum
Zebranky food

View Profile
Patch questions
« on: December 03, 2002, 03:36:22 pm »

Will the patches come in the form of huge MB downloads too?  Also will saved games be compatible with the different versions?  I've never played SC2 before and just getting into this  Grin  Good job
cobramk3
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Patch questions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 04:06:14 am »

These are good questions..
Zeroarmy
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2002, 06:31:29 am »

Well they said that they'd CONSIDER patches for the final version, so they probably don't even know right now.

And it's been said that the saved files will work for SOME future versions, but they it will be impossible at some point or another. But, it's no big deal, as by the time the next version comes out, you'll be done with the game several times over, (it only took me 3 days to complete the very first time I playied) so you'll want to start a new game anyway.
Diogenes' Dog

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 10:30:54 am »

Another question:  when the final version of the port is released, will the core team continue working on improvements and additions, or do they plan on leaving that up to the fans?

-dio
Azarule
*Many bubbles*

Andale, Andale, arriba !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 01:18:22 pm »

Gooood question.  We'd all like some more improvements outta these guys  Wink but I'm sure they have *paying* work to do, too  Sad

If these visions have offended, thing but this and all is mended : You have but slumbered here while these visions did appear.  And this weak and idling theme, no more yielding than a dream.
rayrob
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 09:01:20 pm »

I don't see any problems with the devs providing a patch. The executable is only 700KB (500KB with the latest code) and it is only that file that really changes.
It would be easy to zip it up with the few few sound/image files that have changed, or to provide a more intelligent installer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length