The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:28:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  My experiance with SC2 (please read)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My experiance with SC2 (please read)  (Read 1647 times)
Ben Coombs

Email
My experiance with SC2 (please read)
« on: December 05, 2003, 10:59:50 am »

When I went to college in 1991 my friend had a Sega Genisis.  We got a copy of SC1 and played it everyday.  When the PC SC2 came out I got it and played for hours on end.  But there was a problem.  The blue pixels on my monitor were going out for some reason.  Everything that was supposed to be white on my screen was turning yellow and everything that was blue went black.  As you know when on the planet surface text on the screen was blue on a black background so I couldnt read the text and didnt know what to do next.  I never did finish the game and now that I have UQM I now have my chance to try again.  Now though I have another problem, (im cursed to never fully enjoy this game)  I cant get my USB controller to work.  Ive tried to read here how to edit some keys.cfg file but apparently I have no Idea what everyone is talking about.  How do you do that?  My controller is detected by the game and im running WinXP.  Also could someone email me some of their saved game files just for me to mess around?  Im actually considering buying a 3DO and the game off of ebay.  Oh and sorry if I sound like an idiot with computers.  I get the feeling everyone here knows much more than I do.
Deep-Jiffa
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: My experiance with SC2 (please read)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 04:29:14 pm »

Ah yes, the blue and yellow problem. I remember it, I knew I shouldn't upgrade my computer ( well I was 7 or some, I didn't have an opinion about it, my big brother had Cheesy) So uqm was a second chance for me, and third, fourth ...etc Wink The controller problem, I don't really know much about it but I do know where to find the key.cfg, just go to your user dic in document and setting, apllication data(hidden), uqm and there you will find it. Example: c:\documents and setting\Mighty Jiffa\Apllication Data\uqm. Use notepad to edit the file.

Deep Jiffa Owns j00!
AusME
Zebranky food

Sanity is for the weak of mind.

View Profile
Re: My experiance with SC2 (please read)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 11:23:06 pm »

Thanks I got the controler working> but its still hard.  Thanks
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length