The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:10:19 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Star Control 2 configuration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Star Control 2 configuration  (Read 2100 times)
Zootch

Email
Star Control 2 configuration
« on: December 26, 2003, 04:25:41 am »

Is there a list of keyboard actions (configuration) somewhere? There are some actions that I can't figure out. I did figure out most by hitting random keys, but a few I cannot discover. (Particularly, calling back the mine vehicle after its full of minerals)

I figured "setup" on the main menu of the game would help, but it just makes a fart noise like it's not available or something..
Deep-Jiffa
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 07:14:07 am »

It will be. Right now it isn't avaliable. There is a file called keys.cfg located in:
Win98 - in uqm/content folder
Winxp - documents and settings/your user/application data/uqm
linux - I have no clue...
Edit the file with notepad to change the keys. It is easy and you don't need my help there because there are explainations there but if you do, tell me.

Deep Jiffa Owns j00!
Ace987
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Re: Star Control 2 configuration
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2003, 10:23:16 am »

Is there a list of keyboard actions (configuration) somewhere? There are some actions that I can't figure out. I did figure out most by hitting random keys, but a few I cannot discover. (Particularly, calling back the mine vehicle after its full of minerals)

I figured "setup" on the main menu of the game would help, but it just makes a fart noise like it's not available or something..

I believe the developers are working on this for the upcoming 0.4 release. Right now all you can do is edit the keys.cfg file. Personally, I like the default keys. I nearly wrote my own keyboard configuration program in VB, but never got around to it (besides, it wouldn't help those non-Windows people out there).

Anyhow, if you haven't gotten to it yet, the Escape key will get your lander off the planet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length