The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:02:20 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  stuck!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: stuck!!  (Read 2213 times)
djf
Zebranky food

Slylandro phlendo lurg kterbi?

View Profile
stuck!!
« on: January 17, 2004, 04:45:06 am »

OK, I've got the eggshell. I talked to the Syreen. I went to the vault. I went to the Mycon Sunray world, and told them about the new planet.

Nothing. The Mycon just keep hanging out. When I go back to the Syreen, she just keeps going over the plan. I keep going back to the Mycon, but there's always still hordes of ships hanging out. The Master at Bete Brahe homeworld just keeps telling me to get out, I'm a non.

The good news, is I'm getting extremely good at kicking Mycon butt with the Vindicator!

Que Pasa?
Nic.

Email
Re: stuck!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 04:51:44 am »

Ah, yes, our most frequently asked question (hmm.  Frequently Asked Questions.  Someone should update that list to include this one.  Hint, hint...)

The reason for what you're seeing is explained here.  I'll try not to spoil anything for you by stating anything further.
djf
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 05:01:27 am »

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. I admit to cheating with the savegame editor(only to give me a ton of RU's) and I was concerned maybe it had tweaked a byte it shouldn't have.
Nic.

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 05:32:39 am »

Add-on packs to the rescue!  I have created alternate subtitles for the Mycons that say the "correct" things with respect to the PC version.  This won't help someone who's already stuck, but might be handy for people who haven't gotten there yet.  At the very least, their "piss off, we don't want to hear about Organon" subtitle is a bit more telling as to why not.

http://www.submedia.net/uqm/mycon-speech.zip
djf
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 05:47:53 am »

I tried it, it worked. I coulda swore though that the Syreen kept telling me to go back to Beta Brahe. When I finally get all the way through, I'm probably gonna restart just to do some exploring. I hope if they do a rewrite or a sequel, they put in multiple possible endings, along with some randomizing elements!

Thanks again
Deep-Jiffa
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 06:35:41 am »

Add-on packs to the rescue!  I have created alternate subtitles for the Mycons that say the "correct" things with respect to the PC version.  This won't help someone who's already stuck, but might be handy for people who haven't gotten there yet.  At the very least, their "piss off, we don't want to hear about Organon" subtitle is a bit more telling as to why not.

http://www.submedia.net/uqm/mycon-speech.zip

With all respect Nic...

Deep Jiffa Owns j00!
Shiver

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 07:53:54 am »

The good news, is I'm getting extremely good at kicking Mycon butt with the Vindicator!

Aw, don't use the Vindicator! That thing's so overpowered that you could probably get good at kicking Chmmr butt with it as well. A single Yehat or Utwig is enough for taking care of those pesky Podships.
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 10:09:45 pm »

The Technical Issues FAQ has this bug in it. However, this is not the natural place to look.

Also, since the threads are locked, it isn't easy for us FAQ-writers to edit our posts with the latest info.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length