The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:15:18 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Game Jolt
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game Jolt  (Read 5410 times)
Shiver

Email
Game Jolt
« on: February 28, 2004, 02:36:34 am »

This site links freeware games or something like that. You guys might want to sign yourself onto their list or whatever. I would myself, but I'm not really sure what the official UQM company e-mail address is.

http://www.gamejolt.com/index.php

Re-Edit: I'm fairly certain this thread is going to go ignored, but in the case that someone decides to try and get UQM listed on their site, STAY AWAY FROM THEIR FORUM! It's small, crappy, the few people there are rude, and the moderators completely abuse their abilities over anything. The whole site can go screw itself if they don't understand basic courtesy. Er... yeah. Didn't think much of their forums.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 06:05:03 am by Shiver » Logged
David

Email
Re: Game Jolt
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 08:23:50 am »

Hey, this is the guy that owns Game Jolt!

Anyways, it would be awesome if we can review your game, it looks awesome! Would it be ok if we can review it and put it on the site??

Hey, sorry about the forums, I am trying to get the stinkin' mods to talk like normal users. I will have a talk with them... and yeah it is small at the moment with a bunch of crappy threads. Hopefully it will get better.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:34:29 am »

Nifty. I'm not the person to talk to about that, though. E-mail one of the core team guys.

Core team (in alphabetical order):
Serge van den Boom (svdb at stack.nl)
Mika Kolehmainen (mimakole at cc.jyu.fi)
Michael C. Martin (mcmartin at stanford.edu)
Chris Nelson (chris at toysforbob.com)

I personally support putting it on the site since it helped me try out those old King's Quest games.
David

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 08:40:50 am »

Ok, I am on it. Thanks for recommending our site!
Well, sorta recommending it  Grin
Terminator
*Smell* controller

Obnoxious One Reformed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 09:53:28 pm »

NOTE: to whom it may concern I have an original LEGAL copy of Beneath a Steel Sky andnow that it is freeware will the same errors come up?  I mean when I was running it of Win 95 It would boot the program has this been fixxed?  running Win98 now is it compatable?
Have to say one thing though it have nice cover art looked like a diamond-plate backround and in black letters the title on top.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 09:54:45 pm by Terminator » Logged

We must each create our own paths. Do not mimic mine, I don't even like myself.
David

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 09:59:37 pm »

It is using the SCUMMVM right now and we reviewed it on Windows XP, so I can only imagine that it will work on most operating systems.
Michael Martin
Core Team
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 09:28:17 am »

Anyways, it would be awesome if we can review your game, it looks awesome! Would it be ok if we can review it and put it on the site??

We certainly can't stop you from reviewing it.  Just keep in mind that we haven't finished writing all the support code yet.  Smiley  As for putting it on the site; we've gotten the code/etc licensed to us under the GPL.  That means that if you're going to actually mirror it, you need to mirror the source code distribution as well.  If you do this, you're within the license that we get to do the modifications under, and we can't stop you.

However.

It's still in alpha, and it's being developed continuously, so if you're asking what I'd recommend you do, as opposed to merely what you are allowed to do, I'd recommend that you link to our downloads page instead.  That way people will be pointed at updated versions as they are released.
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 06:51:25 pm »

I know, I know, I might get flamed for this, but I just have to ask. Do you have a gestimate for when the next version comes out? (besides "when it is ready?!"  I won't hold you too it, I am just curious. I am looking for something like. "In the next few weeks" or "A month or too" or "the next six months" or "the next year".  
David

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 02:35:24 am »

Actually, I have people to check all the sites to see if there are any new updates to the games or any news and then change the site accordingly, so it is fine.
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 02:50:48 am »

*gets all nervous when David approaches and relaxes after he hears.
Glad you saw it that way!
*Ducks under the bush to avoid the next person with a flame thrower
j/k
Any others have any gestimates?

Michael Martin
Core Team
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 02:48:42 pm »

Do you have a gestimate for when the next version comes out? (besides "when it is ready?!"  I won't hold you too it, I am just curious. I am looking for something like. "In the next few weeks" or "A month or too" or "the next six months" or "the next year".  

A lot depends on our schedules.  I've done nothing with UQM for nearly a month and a half (and probably won't do anything besides maybe draft some proposed interfaces for the setup menu for at least another month) due to school/work constraints.  A lot of the changes left for 0.4 are pretty drastic (reworking the organization of the content, inserting the setup menu, which in turn involves me reworking the input system so you can change it at runtime).  My guess would be "you won't see much change in CVS for a few months, then suddenly everything will change and nothing will work."  Then we really flog people to use the CVS snapshot versions, spend another few months removing the showstopping bugs from that, then release 0.4.

This of course assumes that we actually get everything we want in 0.4 in 0.4.  If some parts take a lot longer than others we may change our minds about it.  But really, the visible difference between 0.3 and 0.32 is miniscule, even if there have been a fair number of changes "under the hood."  Not a lot to trumpet about at the moment.  When there is, rest assured you'll hear about it.
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 05:06:13 pm »

That is all I wanted to know. - THANKYOU
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length