The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:25:57 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Time Warp
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Time Warp  (Read 6922 times)
Baltar
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
Re: Time Warp
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2004, 09:49:43 am »

One of you has to make a decision to stop posting about the conflict here, sofar neither of you did.

No, BOTH parties need to come to that conclusion.  yB hasn't, and I can't stand by while he spreads disinformation.
Ivan Ivanov
*Smell* controller

Internet Piracy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2004, 02:25:25 pm »

I like you guys, you're funny. I realy laughed my ass of when I saw the flamewars on Channel 44.

If I understand this right, the problems started because the programming team didn't recognize the hard work of the story team.
Can't realy say I blame them.
I can understand that the plot needs to be kept secret from the public, but when I first discovered Time Warp (1-2 years ago), form time to time on the TW forums someone asked a question like "I wonder what is/are the Orz?" or "What is this round space ship in the end scenes of SC2?". There was always someone from the story team that replied with something close to "I know something, I won't tell! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!"
I assure you this CAN piss someone off.

I also can't blame the story team from keeping the plot secret. Who would wan't to play a game, that he knows, how it's going to end?

But there is a pretty obvious way you guys can reach a settlement:
The story team can reveal the plot ONLY to the programming team!
This way:
1) the plot would still be kept secret form the public
2) the story team could get a second opinion about their work
2) the programming team would be forced to recognize all of the sotry team's work
3) the programming team would know what is expected from the game engine

Voila! World peace at last!
Unless of course all this rumbling about the story is just an excuse.
But I think it would be best if you reached some kind of agreement. The current state of things makes you all look very childish, silly and generally un-serious.

Your bruises are reminders of naivete and trust
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2004, 05:05:48 pm »

Ok, stop it. Both of you. The reason I'm on this board and the SC board, rather than on Channel 44 has been made blatantly clear in this thread. This is a site for the SC community and UQM development, not an extension of your private feuding grounds. TW has, for as long as I can remember been assoicated with unneccessary drama and inflamed egos. While we of course appreciate that you want to build a sequel, we'd rather see an end product than pointless banter about why it isn't happening. Keep your arguments on your own sites, and preferably private.

Usually I don't suggest things like this, but maybe a mod should lock this thread? I see no gain whatsoever for the UQM forum by having the TW drama spill over to this side. Anyone who truly cares about the issue can visit the links provided, and make up their own minds. Now shush. I prefer a quiet forum to a soap opera.

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2004, 08:34:36 pm »

I'm locking this topic. For the good of mankind etc.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length