The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:59:52 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  I'm Stuck! Plz help!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I'm Stuck! Plz help!!!  (Read 3683 times)
Raptor
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
I'm Stuck! Plz help!!!
« on: April 18, 2004, 05:25:43 am »

Hey guys, can u please help me? :-/ Every time I talk to the Shofixti called Tanaka in the Delta Gorno constellation he ALWAYS attacks me. I want him to be my ally. But I dont know how to make him my ally. Can you guys please help??? :-/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 05:30:11 am by Raptor » Logged

This is where a really neat signature would go if I was creatve...
Captain Smith

Email
Re: I'm Stuck! Plz help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 05:56:07 am »

A non-spoilery help for now (and no it's not all entirely correct because I wanted to keep it non-spoilery):

Do you know about the Ur-Quan?  I mean have you met one yet?  Well, Tanaka thinks that's what you are, right?  So you're going to have to make him think you're not an Ur-Quan.   To do that, of course, don't act like an Ur-Quan.

Remember, though, that convincing him that you're not an Ur-Quan is going to be very difficult, because remember as Tanaka said the Ur-Quan killed all his species but him.  So you're going to have to be persistent, and it might take more than one engagement to convince him of that fact.  But yes, you CAN make him your ally.
Francisco Abreu

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 06:03:55 am »

Yeah, I have encountered an Ur-Quan. But how do I tell Tanaka that I am not an Ur-Quan?
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2004, 07:06:06 am »

SPOILER

Insult him - again and again after warping out. You have to do it about 3 times I think

/Spoiler
Franny

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004, 07:27:17 am »

OMG!!!!!!! Thank u sooooooooooooooo much!!!! Both of u!!! Youve been a BIG help!! Again, Thanx for helping me out!!!
Raptor
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2004, 07:50:59 pm »

Me again! It seems im stuck again lol. :-/ I need to know where the creature that General Zex in Alpha Cerenkov wants is. I need to know the exact coordinates of the star system that this creature is in.

0xDEC0DE
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 08:24:28 pm »

And where's the fun in that, if we just lead you around the game by the nose?

Hint:  It's right next to a QuasiSpace portal, so if you're mapping QuasiSpace -> HyperSpace locations, explore a bit as you do; it's pretty hard to miss.

If you really need all the answers spoon-fed to you, look here; it's a searchable database of all things Star Control.  For this hint, simply type in the query "beast"  Smiley

That site also contains multiple walkthroughs for the game if you like your hints a little less free-form.

"I’m not a robot like you. I don’t like having disks crammed into me… unless they’re Oreos, and then only in the mouth."  --Fry
Chrispy
Enlightened

Vlik Dweller

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 10:51:00 pm »

Or, the honest way is to buy that info from the melnorme.

FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2004, 11:55:39 pm »

You can also ally wqith the thraddash and get the info from them......
0xDEC0DE
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 12:14:59 am »

Or, the honest way is to buy that info from the melnorme.
That's great advice -- it would be even better if the Melnorme actually sold you that information. Tongue

The only way in-game to get the direct location of the beast is from the Thraddash after allying with them.

"I’m not a robot like you. I don’t like having disks crammed into me… unless they’re Oreos, and then only in the mouth."  --Fry
Frank

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 12:42:33 am »

How do I ally with the Thraddash then? Cuz every time I speak with them, I always end up in a fight..... :-/ By the way, im sorry if I am asking too many questions. I'm kinda new to this game. Embarrassed
Ivan Ivanov
*Smell* controller

Internet Piracy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 01:04:46 am »

As you have noticed Thraddash admire only brute force, so you have to make them admire you...

Your bruises are reminders of naivete and trust
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 03:03:27 am »

Don't "show them brute force" at their homeworld - just their ships flying around.....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 03:03:39 am by FalconMWC » Logged
Raptor
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 07:42:06 am »

o i c thx guys! Smiley

Captain Smith

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 07:50:58 am »

I'm surprised often that people ask so many questions like this.  IMO, I didn't think the game was that difficult - when I first played the game, if I seeked, I found, and as Hayes says (if you are a newb and haven't talked Hayes to death, you need to if you haven't you might try going through again, it's almost a "how to win at UQM") "sometimes a carrot works better than a stick, and you need to find what that carrot is."  Read the dialogue, pay attention, think about it.  Honestly the only real problems I had with the game going through the first time was figuring out about the Taalo Rock and figuring out the way to get the "Talana have you heard of the Deep Children?" line to come up (that one was tough because mentions of it were all over the place and I had the mycon egg shells off of Syra, but still didn't get the option to show them to her)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length