The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:05:24 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Shofixti voices?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shofixti voices?  (Read 2356 times)
Strange_Will
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Shofixti voices?
« on: May 02, 2004, 09:58:39 am »

I need to know if theres any program that can change a voice to sound shofixti-ish....

im working on a movie that i may do, and i need some audio to go with it, some Ur-Quan voices would be nice too, but they have to sound like RIGHT on, and you never really hear Ur-quan speak....
Strange_Will
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Re: Shofixti voices?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 11:07:12 pm »

Well heres the reason i want those voices  Tongue

this flyby shot doesnt do teh shofixti scout much justice, but ill get a few more shots later once i get the dreadnought done... i havent even started on the dreadnought yet....

photobucket resized it, looks like it lost alittle quality, i may upload as JPG but i dont like those due to what they do to my image...

hope you like so far (i got a movie done of the flyby already)

there are 3 scouts in that shot, the other two are kinda far back, but being as they are scouts, i made them move fast....

the stars seem alittle dim because as the scouts fly by, it shakes the camera, and the stars being so little, makes bluring them make them look really dark for them being stars...

im finishing up my last movie rendering and then on to the Ur-Quan Dreadnought

give me any improvements that may seem wrong in the image (i know the scouts need a gun, working on that... i just cant decide where to put it.... im using the picture shown below to make them)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 11:12:39 pm by strange_will » Logged
Sage
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 01:02:23 pm »

My only beef with that image is the massive amount of stars you have in it. If you were to reduce the stars, but make them bigger, it would look a bit more appropriate. Right now it looks more like random noise than space.

Other than that, I suppose if you wanted to add a bit of flavor you could add "kill paws" to the Scouts, like the ones shown in SC1.

As far as audio goes, I would suggest you use Goldwave. It's simple enough for amateurs (like myself) to pick up and use without trouble, but it still has some pretty advanced options. The only problem is that this version is limited due to being a trial version.

I can't think of any specific filters that would make you sound "Shofixti"ish. Your best bet would be to try to imitate a Shofixti as best as you can, then play around with filters at random until you arrive at something that you like.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 01:07:47 pm by sageallen » Logged
Strange_Will
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 07:51:51 pm »

thanks alot, um... i may add kill paws, but im really modifying the scout, and may actually model some shofixti's to use in the scouts and trust me, if i do it will be awsome (have to learn how to use the hair in 3d then... something ive been experimenting with)

i dont know how shofixti rack up more than one or two kills a piece  Tongue

um also i added the gun, but may go back a model version, i dont like how i put it on there.... (it was gonna have belt fed ammo that looped outside of the body, but then i redecided to have it internal O_o what i was i thinking...)

what kind of ammunition do you think they use? something with a shell afterwards, like regular ammo?

i dunno i was trying to decide, im putting lots of detail into this if i do go through all the work... which ill try to...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 07:56:04 pm by strange_will » Logged
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 12:27:50 am »

It's a mendokusai energy dart, of course! Whatever that means. But it's probably not bullets.
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 12:34:21 am »

Knowing the Shofixti and how affective that weapon is:

Its a regular laser pistol hooked onto the front of a ship.  Wink
Strange_Will
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 05:14:08 am »

ah i see in the picture it was built below the cockpit window it seems... i was thinking of building some internals to the ship, but that isnt nessiary and would just increase render times.....

um having problem getting shofixti voices, i may see what i can use and find on the internet, and see who owns what and what i can legally use....

from there i may try again to modify my own voice, but it doesnt sound right....

havent worked much on the dreadnought... got the main body kinda worked on... im thinking of making the dreadnought, much bigger than the scout, unlike the game gives credit to (dreadnought is like... 4-5 times bigger, im looking for 20-40 times... mabye... ill have to see how it looks)

energy darts... okay no shells then....

also anti aircraft weapons on the dreadnoughts just to give alittle flavor to the movie.... 1 dreadnought should be hazardous to a fleet of shofixti (12-30), apart from the glory device.....
Tiberian
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 07:15:33 pm »

The Ur-Quan do speak in SC3, and although SC3 is considered evil, I think their voice is excellent.

Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. http://www.tommisalminenbooks.com
Strange_Will
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 06:14:37 am »

Oh can i get some sound samples? that would be nice....

I dunno if im gonna go through with it all... hmm ill do at least alil

been really busy lately though
Niktok

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 09:58:01 pm »

It's a mendokusai energy dart, of course! Whatever that means. But it's probably not bullets.

Just FYI, since I am a big fan of the very Japanese nature of the shofixti, thought you would be interested in knowing that

めんどうくさい (Mendokusai) (adj) bother to do; tiresome

Has the above meaning!

Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length