The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:33:33 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Aftermath
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print
Author Topic: Aftermath  (Read 96958 times)
ChainiaC
*Many bubbles*

Cybernetic Experiment

View Profile
Re: Aftermath
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 01:02:54 am »

I think its cool that the ur-quan and alliance forces are actually fighting right now, it really feels like you're in a warzone and you can participate in some massive scale battles Smiley
Madgap
Frungy champion

We come in peace.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2004, 03:10:52 am »

Yeah, I think it's about time we added some new players...maybe the Yehat, Mycon (since I've got some of their stuff already done), VUX, and the Empire from Star Wars? Muhahaha!   TIE fighters vs. Earthling cruiser?  Hmmm...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 03:11:18 am by Madgap » Logged

Strange_Will
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2004, 07:32:02 am »

hmm theres this massive battle (has to be like... 100+ ships) and it never ends, i go into it, takes awhile to load, then is like a billion earth crusiers against a ur-quan scout.... it dies... in 0.00000000000000001 seconds.... then they all go in different directions, if i leave, the battle is still there... hmm
Madgap
Frungy champion

We come in peace.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2004, 09:12:53 am »

Interesting...yeah, there's bound to be some bugs in the fleet combat system.  I kinda just threw it together.  Can you email me your saved game file?  madgap@comcast.net

ChainiaC
*Many bubbles*

Cybernetic Experiment

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 01:26:39 am »

Are the dreadnaughts going to 'LAUNCH LAUNCH LAUNCH FIGHTERS' in future versions? Smiley
Shiver

Email
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2004, 05:23:37 am »

Er, it doesn't work for me. At all. I didn't notice any instructions for making it work so I just extracted it into its own folder and tried to run the .exe. It said, "THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFORMED AN ILLEGAL OPPERATION AND WILL BE SHUT DOWN." The usual "it doesn't work" error. Help?

"Yeah, I think it's about time we added some new players...maybe the Yehat, Mycon (since I've got some of their stuff already done), VUX, and the Empire from Star Wars? Muhahaha!   TIE fighters vs. Earthling cruiser?  Hmmm..."

Isn't that a little bit tacky to mix Star Wars with Star Control? You could have Yehat and little Shofixti ships working in tandem as one faction, though. That'd be pretty cool.
Madgap
Frungy champion

We come in peace.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2004, 05:31:55 am »

Did you extract keeping subdirectories intact?  There should be a few subdirectories like Textures, Sounds, Systems. What os are you using?

Shiver

Email
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2004, 05:44:54 am »

Did you extract keeping subdirectories intact?  There should be a few subdirectories like Textures, Sounds, Systems. What os are you using?

Win 98. No, I didn't do that. Let me try again.

EDIT: Wow, pretty graphics dude. Haven't played much of it yet, but I think people were right in saying you're superior to the entire TimeWarp team put together. These controls aren't friendly at all to me, though, I gotta mess with 'em.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 05:55:32 am by Shiver » Logged
Deep-Jiffa
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2004, 04:20:30 am »

Too bad I don't have a clue how to build a mine colonie. Besides it, the game is fine.

Deep Jiffa Owns j00!
Madgap
Frungy champion

We come in peace.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2004, 04:42:33 am »

You should read the readme.  Buy a mine constructor at the starbase, target the planet you want to mine with P.  Bring of the action menu with B...and select construct mine.  It has to be a planet with a mineable resource...usually type Barren or Volcanic.  When you select a planet and press B a scan window will come up telling you what resource the planet has (if any).

Deep-Jiffa
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2004, 08:53:28 pm »

You should really do a tuturial, because after I built it I have no clue how to get credit for the resource(god knows how what I tried...). So I decided to jump in battles vs the ur-quan Grin easy battle because after 1 missle hit they are slower than the crusier and you kind of own them.

Deep Jiffa Owns j00!
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2004, 01:21:08 am »

That's one valid point, is the resource collecting mentioned anywhere? I had to try a lot of things before i realised that the secondary laser harvests minerals...

But the other stuff is all mentioned in the readme, and clearlyu written as well. It's not too complicated DJ, I'm sure you can do it without a tutorial Wink

What's up doc?
Miltazar
Zebranky food

Star Control Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2004, 08:28:25 am »

I have a few comments about it so far:  great job with the graphics...but I'm havin problems with the heavy cruiser...mainly the AI + Heavy nuke.   The AI doesn't seem to realize not to fire it at a ship near it's allies...I can't count the amount of times my own ships have wiped out half my fleet...including several transports I tried to capture.  Theres gotta be a solution to this..I mean I can't just remove the nuke, then I can't attack star bases.  Almost every single time I go into combat with heavy cruisers they end up destroying their allies more then the enemy. Am I doing something wrong?  Besides that, are there any allies at the moment? or can you just get the regular/heavy cruiser and cargo ships?  Great job so far though...just the Heavy cruiser is just a LITTLE bit aggravating. If i'm doing something wrong just tell me.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2004, 08:53:27 am »

I've noticed when you mine some of a system and leave, all of the mineral rich asteroids disappear upon return. That definitely throws a wrench in mining operations. Capturing freighters doesn't go well either most of the time since my allies shoot at them. As far as I can tell, those are the only two ways to get RU's. Fixing the problems behind them would help. Making trade functional would help as well.

After starting over and trying to play it again, I mined the whole starting system and put a mine on both mineral worlds. Right before I could leave the system and save it, I bumped Esc instead. Seriously, not cool. The exit button shouldn't just kill the whole game instantly.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 09:12:47 am by Shiver » Logged
ChainiaC
*Many bubbles*

Cybernetic Experiment

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2004, 03:14:58 pm »

About the heavy cruiser, I always remove all heavy nukes from them and give them regular nukes instead. When I have to attack a starbase I pilot the only heavy cruiser equipped qith heavy nuke and take out the starbase while the rest of the fleet provides diversion for the flak cannons and deals with the mycon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length