The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:15:18 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Admiral Vex
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Admiral Vex  (Read 3977 times)
Gareth Jones

Email
Admiral Vex
« on: May 31, 2004, 02:05:06 am »

The Melnorme say you can get a Shofixti femal from Admiral Zex of the VUX, by either convincing him, or killing him.  To convince him I need a rare beast from some place I can't figure out, so I decided to kill him.

I destroyed over 100 of his VUX ships without winning, and could have beaten more if I hadn't got bored.  Is this a bug?  Does he have unlimited ships (as I suspect)?  Or is there some way to beat him?

Failing that, can I have some hints as to where this place is I need to get the beastie?
GJ

Email
Re: GENERAL ZEX
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 02:06:26 am »

/EDIT

My bad, it's General Zex, :S.  Same problem though ^^
Captain Smith

Email
Re: Admiral Vex
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 02:40:07 am »

as the Melnorme no doubt told you it's impossible to kill him so you'll need the beast if you want to do business with him.

Talk to the Traddash (if you know about them), and can become their master and say to be just like you.

The beast isn't in the same neighborhood...in fact as far away as you can get...

If that doesn't work do a search (anyplace including here) and you'll find the answer.
RDH_An-R-Kist
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 04:13:39 am »

Not sure what the Thrrdash have to do with it?

The beastie you are looking for is in the delta sextantis system (if I remember correctly). It's above the Koh-Ra sphere of influence, near the utwig/supox area.

You better make sure you have all the lander upgrades before you try to take it on though, it's a tough one.

Anarchy; RDH style

visit www.rdhclan.net
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 05:33:44 am »

SPOILER

the Thrrdash, upon making friends with them, before stealing the aqua helix, will tell you some hints about the beast and where abouts you can find it.

~DEFIANT
Terminator
*Smell* controller

Obnoxious One Reformed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 10:27:10 am »

Not sure what the Thrrdash have to do with it?

The beastie you are looking for is in the delta sextantis system (if I remember correctly). It's above the Koh-Ra sphere of influence, near the utwig/supox area.

You better make sure you have all the lander upgrades before you try to take it on though, it's a tough one.

Correction it's in the Lynics(spelling off) Constellation Top of Starmap and dead center there is a Portal nearby. Sextantis I believe however is in Yehat space.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 10:28:47 am by Terminator » Logged

We must each create our own paths. Do not mimic mine, I don't even like myself.
RDH_An-R-Kist
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 07:23:52 am »

Correction it's in the Lynics(spelling off) Constellation Top of Starmap and dead center there is a Portal nearby. Sextantis I believe however is in Yehat space.

right, thanx terminator, I didn't think it was right, I was close on the location though  Cool

Anarchy; RDH style

visit www.rdhclan.net
Tiberian
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 09:27:57 pm »

Think about the hint Zex gave you.

"It basks in yellow light" <-- *duh*

"constellation lynch-nah-ploh meaning long thin creature that has swallowed the huge beast"

My mother figured out that little puzzle as I was teaching her to play UQM so you should give it a little thought too.

hint: Get a star map with the constellations visible.

Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. http://www.tommisalminenbooks.com
ChainiaC
*Many bubbles*

Cybernetic Experiment

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 09:42:23 pm »

Indeed, that was how I figured it out too...
uhm... thats how I figured it out the second time I played SC2 (UQM)
The first time was SC2 (original PC) and back then I was young and ignorant and uhm... asked a friend for help  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length