The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:10:23 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  I'm working on a Star Control II walkthrough
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm working on a Star Control II walkthrough  (Read 8508 times)
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: I'm working on a Star Control II walkthrough
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 09:59:43 pm »

There was another Star Control II Fact, #2. It was lost at the time when the board was still at SourceForge, and all data writable from a cgi had to be world-writable and some joker deleted all world-writable files on the SF server.
Chad had made a copy of some interesting threads (including the aforementioned one) though. You can find it here.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2004, 10:30:36 pm »

Of course you can find all the necessary information by searching through the site, the web and this forum, but I'd like to see a single document with everything necessary gathered together. There are several walkthroughs at that site but none of them is 100% complete. Not to mention all those little undocumented secrets that the guys developing the Ur-Quan Masters have revealed. They're not written in anywhere else but this forum. All that info gathered into one - that's what this is all about.

I think it would be better to do this in wiki form, so that it isn't dependent on a single person, and it can be done in a hyperlinked format.

I don't think wikipedia.org is meant for things like walkthroughs, but I could put up a wiki server on uqm.stack.nl (where this board is too) if people are interested. It could go far further than just a walkthrough.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Shiver

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 01:32:32 am »

Alright, I have a different idea. I will work on a newbie friendly walkthrough and post it when it's done. Everything else such as the listed planet locations and the melee guide can be up to the SC2 community. When the whole thing is complete, I'll put a copy of it on GameFAQs but list all the people who made contributions with the other stuff (or I could just link to it if you host it on a site).

I haven't worked on it at all because I'm waiting for Lukipela to comment, but I did copy most of the trivia along with who said what (meep-eep, PhracturedBlue, and Fred Ford). A few parts such as the Orz Marine code has been paraphrased.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 10:58:47 am »

This is NOT COOL. Who killed Lukipela?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 03:25:22 pm »

Sent you a message, sorry bout the delay, ill timed as it is. 16 hours work a day doesn't give much spare time though.

What's up doc?
Sander Scamper
*Smell* controller

I'm not a little teapot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 03:36:11 pm »

Maybe he swallowed an acid bubble?

I think that a search engine, similar to the star one on the PONAF boards, is a good idea, but emcompass it to include all of the facts.

"Query: Mycon Organon

In the PC version, the Mycon introduce themselves at Beta Brahe with this dialogue:

Quote:This is a special place
filled with Juffo-Wup.
But it is not the source.
Juffo-Wup springs forth from 629.1, 220.8.
We must not allow this place to be soiled by the Non.

...and when you attempt to tell the Beta Brahe fleet about Organon, they respond:

Quote:We do not interpret the will of Juffo-Wup.
Only the source is so empowered.
Until instructed otherwise, Juffo-Wup requires that we remain here.  

Go seek the Source of Juffo-Wup to send the Mycon to Organon.

Thoughts?

"Oops!" KA-BOOM!!

"Space is a dangerous place where wimps eat flaming plasma death" -The Zot....or is it the Fot?? We may never know...unless the guy in the back tells us!

UQM/SC2 = World Peace.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 08:22:26 pm »

This is ridiculous. A week's been wasted in a process I would've expected to take less than a day. I think after I get some input, I'm definitely working without guidance on this walkthrough.
Sander Scamper
*Smell* controller

I'm not a little teapot

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2004, 09:13:44 pm »

Suit Yourself, just let me or any one else who posts obsessively know when you want some input. I would love to help, and I'm sure others are keen to get into it too.

Good luck

"Oops!" KA-BOOM!!

"Space is a dangerous place where wimps eat flaming plasma death" -The Zot....or is it the Fot?? We may never know...unless the guy in the back tells us!

UQM/SC2 = World Peace.
Shiver

Email
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 01:00:16 am »

Suit Yourself, just let me or any one else who posts obsessively know when you want some input. I would love to help, and I'm sure others are keen to get into it too.

Good luck

Sander,

See, I did ask you to. You're all over the boards at the moment so it seemed like a good idea, but it seems like you didn't get my message or something. The thing that says "Hey, Sander, you have ? messages" is where you click to check that.
Sander Scamper
*Smell* controller

I'm not a little teapot

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2004, 10:35:04 am »

Wow, i feel stupid, I didn't even know this board HAD PMs, lol, ill reply back ASAP, sorry.

UPDATE: I just sent back my suggestions on the piece that Shiver sent me, and i can say everything is going really well. Right now, I would say that this Walkthrough will be the best SC2 walkthrough out there. And not just because i helped a little with it =p

Keep it up, Shiver!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 02:01:31 am by Sander » Logged

"Oops!" KA-BOOM!!

UQM/SC2 = World Peace.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length