The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:49:25 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Favourite music?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Favourite music?  (Read 6670 times)
Fwiffo
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Favourite music?
« on: November 08, 2002, 06:32:09 am »

This is another tough question...

In a High Fidelity stylee, here are my top 5, in no particular order...

Spathi theme
Yehat theme
Ur-Quan Kzer-Za theme
Pkunk Theme
hmm, this is hard, er, Arilou theme...

I've spent hours trying to get sound to work for SC2 on my PC recently.  I have a windows 98 boot disk and i found some alleged SBPCI 128 drivers for DOS, but the sound is terrible, almost like PC speaker quality sound, but coming through the sound card - it's a crying shame.
Captain_Archer
Zebranky food

I am writing the book...

View Profile WWW
Re: Favourite music?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 10:12:20 am »

Quasi Space music for the 3DO Smiley
HyperSpace music , again 3DO quality Smiley

First time I heard 'the' scream in Quasi Space, I jumped out of my chair lol

If you have never heard it on the 3DO - be prepared to fall in love with the new music! It destroys the DOS version

Smiley

Enjoy the sauce!

I have a house in the system Alpha Centauri - on the 3rd planet.
Fsi-Dib
*Many bubbles*

The Crimson Corporation

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2002, 11:34:02 am »

You really do enjoy 3DO version a lot, eh? Well, I already got the point, now stop talking abou it.  Wink

Favorite music? Well I've only heard the DOS versions, but I like them super as well. If 3DO versions are better, they are a gift from Chenjesu. Cheesy
#1: Star Base Commander (that's right, I like techno.)
#2: Fight music! (Nostalgic)
#3: Hyperspace music
#4: Spathi music
#5: Zoq-Fot-Pic (unfortunately all the versions I've downloaded are false, somehow it sounds better ingame.)

Also Chmmr music is great. Smiley

The unofficial music critic.
Captain_Archer
Zebranky food

I am writing the book...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 06:55:00 pm »

Well yes I do like the 3DO version, I first played the game on the 3DO, and only years later looked for the old DOS version... and boy did I regret it lol The DOS version is frankly a joke compared to the super juiced 3DO version. I envy all of the DOS only ( so far ) players out there who are going to experence it as brand new ! Enjoy it guys and gals ^_^
   3DO from my ears in the headphones, compared to DOS, sounded much much much better.
   I know I am pro 3DO, but remember I did it in reverse, I started on the 3DO, then tried DOS, when alot of people started on DOS, and went to ( or are going to be using ) the 3DO version when it's rereleased here ^_^

I have a house in the system Alpha Centauri - on the 3rd planet.
TD
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2002, 07:37:11 pm »

I like the commanders music Smiley
Eth
Zebranky food

Shipwrecked and comatose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2002, 02:57:44 am »

I've never played the 3DO version.  I was on the verge of buying an old 3DO off eBay when this whole project started.  
 I like the Probe music the best, followed by the Spathi music.  Then probably the Ur-Quan, ship refit, and Orz music in no particular order.  
 I'm skeptical of this 3DO music, as the music was always one of the best things about the DOS version.  I guess I'll just have to wait a little bit longer...

norg
Zebranky food

WE COME IN PEACE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 04:48:05 pm »

ya'll have quite a large variety of favorites as far as the original music goes.  i'm hoping that we do justice to the remixes when all is said and done. (:

having played and finished the game 6 times or so myself, i may as well pop in my top ten favorite list(excluding the ditties, which are a lot of fun too) :

(note: this is pre-remix.  i've already got my favorites amongst the new tunes...)

(note again: this is from the PC version only.  i never was able to get my hands on a 3DO but have heard the tunes from it.  fantastic work was done on those themes...)

1. spathi (come on, it had the taco bell sample in it (: )
2. starbase commander
3. zot-fot-pik
4. hyperspace
5. quasi-space
6. thraddash
7. syreen
8. arilou
9. ur-quan kzer-za
10. vux

hard to make a list.  dangit.  i liked pretty much all of them.  even orz was the most inspired use of Scooby Doo in a song ever.

-= george =-
Tuomas Soronen

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 04:55:09 pm »

tI love the Quasi space music. Second favorite must be the "ship outfit screen".
CyrodyllEmpire
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 09:26:21 pm »

I liked the Commander's music, the Green Ur-Quan music and the Earthling Cruiser music.  Go Earth!   Grin
Azarule
*Many bubbles*

Andale, Andale, arriba !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 09:33:33 pm »

Hands down the Hyperspace music.  I used to leave it on, called it the "Hyper-space-boogie".  

I was young.  Roll Eyes

But if you just mean out of the races, then probably the Spathi.  They had a cool little happy tune.

If these visions have offended, thing but this and all is mended : You have but slumbered here while these visions did appear.  And this weak and idling theme, no more yielding than a dream.
Saboteur
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2002, 09:36:54 am »

The hyperspace music is the winner (DOS version). I don't care about the quality of samples, I care about the quality of composition, and in that department all the SC2 DOS tracks hit the right spots for me. They're like divinely inspired.. They sweep the floors with even most of today's tracked music. (Either that or then I'm just a sucker for oldskool - but either way, I enjoy this stuff more or less like I would enjoy an album I bought off Amazon!)

I am so looking forward to hear the new stuff as well. The first preview already got some juices flowing, although I'm not sure if it's evil enough for the Ilwrath.

"Unrequited love. It's fantastic, because it never has to change, it never has to grow up and it never has to die!"

- saboteur
 .. www.saboteurweb.com/
Aldarion
Zebranky food

..but the Ultron!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2002, 10:41:00 am »

I've always loved the end theme. It's simple, but so good. I even made my own version of it.

-Aldarion Adathonas, the first true king of Zhamania, the commander of Flagship 'Archon' and the queen bitch of the Universe.
Aldarion
Zebranky food

..but the Ultron!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2002, 11:03:34 am »

By the way, is it possible to download those themes somewhere? I didn't find any place, but I may have missed them.

-Aldarion Adathonas, the first true king of Zhamania, the commander of Flagship 'Archon' and the queen bitch of the Universe.
Aldarion
Zebranky food

..but the Ultron!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2002, 11:11:37 am »

uhm, sorry for the spam. Found those mp3 already  Roll Eyes

Max_Decker
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2002, 02:31:06 am »

I don't think anybody has even mentioned these yet, but I really like the Melnorme and Slylandro (not the probe) themes.

Other favorites include the Vux, Starbase Commander, Yehat, and Spathi themes. But you know, I can't think of even one that I *don't* like. The music for this game was excellent, just like every other aspect. I can't wait for the port to be finished so I can play it again. =)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length