The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2022, 02:10:04 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Paul & Fred have reached a settlement with Stardock!

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  New MacOS X Unofficial Release
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New MacOS X Unofficial Release  (Read 1166 times)
Nic

Email
New MacOS X Unofficial Release
« on: February 15, 2005, 03:22:35 am »

I'm cross-posting this thread to General Discussion, because I'm a cockbite.  Tongue

I am most pleased to announce the completion of a "native" OSX port of the Ur-Quan Masters, available here:

http://www.submedia.net/uqm/

It's fairly rough at this point, and I'm looking for bug reports and comments. ¬ Please download a copy, try it out, and post your results here.
  • On the features side, add-on packs are now supported! ¬†I'm sure everyone will agree, it's about time. ¬†See the README file in the disk image for instructions on their use.
  • The Launcher is now a native Cocoa app, and is integrated with the main application, which means the disappearing/reappearing Dock icon is officially a thing of the past.
  • It also uses OSX Frameworks instead of Unix-style shared libs, which eliminates all of the weird hacks that the previous versions employed to make themselves run. ¬†This version can also be invoked from the command-line with no worries.
  • The game now logs its output to the syslog (/var/log/system.log) rather than /tmp/uqm.out ¬†The syslog can be viewed by running the Console utility (under Applications:Utilities)
  • On the "step backwards" side, you can no longer save your Launcher settings, or supress the Launcher on startup. ¬†I'm waiting for coredev to implement the official config file format first, then I'll have the Launcher parse it and set the options.
  • I also plan to introduce drag-and-drop add-on installation through the Launcher at a later date.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length