The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:38:39 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Back to the space
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Back to the space  (Read 3764 times)
Perky
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
Back to the space
« on: February 14, 2005, 12:23:26 pm »

Hi!

Propably no one remembers me and that's possibly very good thing. What I mean, that when I tried Ur-Quan masters at first time I didn't quite like it and criticized the game here at forums. I tried to be as civilized as possible but some just pissed off because of me.

Well, I wen't to visit my home and see my little brother. He was playing Ur-Quan masters again and I noticed that I was horribly wrong about the game. So I installed the game to my computer again and Im intending to try it again and so far it's been very nice. Odd how my opinions changed. Maybe I was just too lame at the first time?

Ps. How can I buy more crew? Damn..
Halleck
Enlightened

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
Re: Back to the space
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 01:24:49 pm »

Good to hear you've changed your mind. Although, you have to admit that it was a pretty bad idea to post about how much you dislike the Ur-Quan Masters on the UQM forums.

But, what's past is past. Welcome back.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 05:46:52 am by Halleck » Logged

Currently working on: Going outside more
Perky
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 02:16:03 pm »

Aargh I had to delete those posts. So embarrassing.. Sad

Always when I check my old posts I feel like I was dork. I just wonder if Im ever going to change.

EDIT: And it was a bad idea to post here about UQM. I've learned through years that I sometimes shouldn't let those angry words out of my mouth and I should keep them as my own business.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 02:22:52 pm by Perky » Logged
FalconMWC
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:01:59 pm »

Good to hear you've changed your mind. Although, you have to admit that it was a pretty bad idea to post about how much you dislike the Ur-Quan Masters on the UQM forums.

Umm.... Halleck - You really don't need to bring that up. If a person says that they have acted like a idot, then you don't need to rub it in their face....

Anyway Perky, to answer your question. You go to the starbase and then the ship-building place. (the place where you can order a new earthlling cruiser or such) Anyway - You then select the ship you want to fill with crew and fill 'her up!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 06:02:12 pm by FalconMWC » Logged
Halleck
Enlightened

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 05:50:26 am »

You know, you're right. I probably shouldn't have linked to that, it was really more of me being sore about something entirely unrelated. No offense meant.

I've taken the link out of my post, why don't you do the same for the quote of my post in yours, and we'll be rid of this.
I won't change the text of my post, though. I was being kind of snotty, and I apologize. What I won't do is go back and pretend I didn't say it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 05:52:22 am by Halleck » Logged

Currently working on: Going outside more
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 04:09:11 pm »

It was an interesting debate while it lasted though.

What's up doc?
Perky
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 12:59:39 pm »

So far it's been nice, althought pretty full of just gathering recources.. I managed to get my ship full of thrusters and turning jets so the job is much more easier. Im not saying that fuel shouldn't be in that game but sometimes it's just annoying to fetch fuel all the time and spend half of the earned money to it. Smiley

Yup, it's getting better all the time
joeljermon

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 06:19:41 pm »

Fuel will become less of an issue once you can access quasispace portals. I'm not going to tell you how to ge tit, but the Spathi can give you a lead.
Mormont
*Smell* controller

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 06:22:16 pm »

Oops, that was me that just posted.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 06:28:09 pm by JWJ » Logged
Perky
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 01:58:31 pm »

Fuel will become less of an issue once you can access quasispace portals. I'm not going to tell you how to ge tit, but the Spathi can give you a lead.

I heard something like that from my brother. Well, I'll see about that later on..
Tiberian
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 04:05:21 pm »

Captain: "But that's all in the past now."

Ur-Quan Lord #3: "Yes, let us put such unpleasant memories behind us."

(Star Control 3)

Author of Star Control novelizations Groombridge Log and Eternal Doctrine. http://www.tommisalminenbooks.com
Arne
Enlightened

Yak!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 10:14:45 pm »

Mmm, old games are quite the opposite of new games, in many cases. Old games may not look very good, and can seem boring at first, but then they grow as you play. New games look good, but after a short time you realize how shallow they are. Not much point having depth when you can sell on looks. It's almost like girls...

Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
Let not a dying flame be put out through ignorance
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 11:52:37 pm »

Which is why there are those of us who take old games and remake them with newer graphics and such, on our freetime.

After all, should not these great games by remade so that even the shallow may gaze upon their perfection and lose their vanity in the purity of old?

And should not the original designs be themselves preserved in their entirety, for the sake of the youth, though they may be lost in the glow of fresh, yet flavorless creations?
Arne
Enlightened

Yak!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 10:24:32 pm »

How about NEW games with OLD graphics?

WoW

Doom III
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
Back to the game.
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 02:38:13 am »

Uh...well...perhaps that would work if you sent them through a rip in space time, back 20 years ago or so.

Also, another possible little dream, is that if a freeware remake of a game became really popular, it might earn itself a contract with a commercial, proffesional game developer.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length