The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:17:26 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Speech / text lag / out of sync
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Speech / text lag / out of sync  (Read 2169 times)
trick
Zebranky food

View Profile
Speech / text lag / out of sync
« on: December 10, 2002, 04:59:59 am »

I haven't played this game much yet. Anyway, i tried entering earth, and got a little encounter with the ur-quan. Problem is, the text played much faster than the speech, so that after a little while i was watching the text for what was going to be said in 30 secs or so..

Later i entered hyperspace and encountered some crystallic thingies. Here i got the opposite problem: The text lagged behind the speech. This encounter btw became a fight, but the ship i controlled turned so slowly that i didn't have a chance.. or did i miss something ?

I'm using the latest (0.1) statically linked binary for linux.
mstr

Email
Re: Speech / text lag / out of sync
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 02:33:32 pm »

Maybe moderators could clean away messages written by people who can't read.  Angry
Willieboy

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 07:51:11 pm »

The speech sync is not yet implemented, and not being a fatal bug is probably quite low in the priority. It will be fixed eventually, however. This is told on the project info page.

As for the crystallic thing (I suppose you mean Slylandro), it is difficult to defeat in the beginning. The one Earthling Cruiser you have in the beginning can defeat one, at least with a bit of luck (or more than a little skill). Your main ship can take them out once you upgrade it's maneuverability, in the beginning it's next to impossible to defeat them with your main ship. Anyway, it is not a bug, the Slylandro are hard at first.
trick
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 12:23:11 am »

Ok. Sorry for not checking this enough before posting.. I had a look through this forum and the files mentioned in the READ THIS BEFORE POSTING! msg before i posted, but apparently it wasn't enough (or i missed something) ..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length