The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:07:30 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Ship Editing Help
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ship Editing Help  (Read 13698 times)
fetid_breath
Zebranky food

Current Livelihood: Anyway I want. I can now code!

View Profile
Re: Ship Editing Help
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 02:35:56 am »

I moved the sc2 folder to /z/uqmedit.
I changed fstab and it worked, but now I have a different problem.

Zach@DESKTOP /z/uqmedit/sc2
$ ./build.sh uqm config
'echo -n' capable echo found.
Sed stream editor found.
tr found.
Make found.
GNU C compiler found.
windres found.
Little-endian machine.
build/unix/build.sh: sdl-config: command not found
Fatal: Could not determine version of Simple DirectMedia Layer

Zach@DESKTOP /z/uqmedit/sc2
$

Thanks to the MOD who moved this topic.

The only similarity between me and Kazon is the fact we both have fetid breath in the morning.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 12:33:29 pm »

OK, so SDL is incorrectly installed. Use the installation instructions in SDL-1.2.8/INSTALL to install (it should be a simple "make native" from the SDL directory).

Maybe it would have been simpler to install Linux instead. Grin

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 12:07:40 am »

I didn't even have SDL on my computer. At least, I didn't have a working version of it. So I found the SDL homepage and downloaded the SDL 1.2.8 and then read the INSTALL file with notepad. It says something along the line of:
" Run './configure; make; make install' "
So I started up MSYS and 'cd' to where SDL was located and typed:
./configure
Then It looked like a flash flood of text. It kept checking stuff then it built new files. Was this the correct way to install it?

Then after it got done, I 'cd' to /z/uqmedit/sc2 and typed:
./build.sh uqm config
It still gave me the same error as before.
What am I doing wrong?

The only similarity between me and Kazon is the fact we both have fetid breath in the morning.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 12:59:26 pm »

From context, I assume you downloaded the SDL 1.2.8 source code instead of the precompiled development libraries. In this case, the installation procedure should be as the instructions say: "./configure; make; make install". "./configure" runs a configuration script included with the source code that detects system settings and creates makefiles for SDL. make then uses the makefiles to work out the commands to run to compile SDL. Finally "make install" tells make to install SDL. The semicolons separate commands on the same line; you can run each command separately if you like.

If you just ran "./configure" (which tests a lot of stuff and then generates a large amount of makefiles), you won't have a compiled copy of SDL, and it certainly won't be installed.

fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 09:25:40 pm »

YES! IT WORKS! Sorry, I'm just very happy that it is working.

Ok, so I got MSYS going again then cd to SDL and then I './configure; make; make install' After a heck load of text it was finished. Then I cd to /z/uqmedit/sc2 and './build.sh uqm config' and it worked! Now I have come to a main menu:

1. Include debugging information        Debugging information
2. OpenGL graphics support              Including OpenGL graphics support
3. Sound backend                             Use MixSDL for sound (internal)
4. Supported file i/o methods              Direct & .zip file i/o
5. Installation paths                           [...]

I'm going mess around with it for awhile. Which number should I go with to make the changes?

0xDEC0DE
*Many bubbles*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 11:14:31 pm »

Whoa, not done yet, young'un.  It's safer to say that you've barely started.

If I recall correctly, the install target doesn't work right with MinGW+MSYS, so don't bother mucking with the install directories.  As for the rest, you should probably turn off OpenGL support (I do recall this not working with certain vintages of MinGW; it could be fixed now, but "better safe than sorry") and leave the rest of the options alone.

Once you've established the rules by which you will build the game, hit enter and watch the fireworks.  There are nearly 300 source files to build, so it will take some time, but once finished, make sure that the resulting game binary (should be uqm.exe in the sc2 directory) actually works.  THEN you can safely start wondering how to change things.

After the initial build, subsequent builds should be much faster, as only the parts that you have changed will get rebuilt.

As for what tools to use, I much prefer cscope, but from the looks of things, their level of support on win32 platforms is lacking.  You might find Dev-C++ to be of some utility, but I don't think you'll be able to fire off a build from inside it and achieve meaningful results.  It might be good for finding symbols and editing source, though.

"I’m not a robot like you. I don’t like having disks crammed into me… unless they’re Oreos, and then only in the mouth."  --Fry
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2005, 12:36:34 am »

OpenGL support works fine under Windows when compiled with MinGW on every machine and MinGW version I've tried. Leave it out only if you have problems compiling the OpenGL graphics code.

Debugging information is helpful if something goes wrong, but if you don't know how to use it, you can turn it off to save a megabyte or five of disk space.

As for installation... There is really no reason to install UQM anywhere; it just copies the executable and contents to another directory. You can run UQM from the build directory, anyway.

fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 01:40:35 am »

Ok, so I turned debugging off, cuz I have no coding knowledge. Now I'm going to './build.sh uqm' and see what happens... It is stuck on 'Building dependency information...'
Oh, no. There is an error. I'll just type all of it down, since there is no copy paste for it.

Code:
gcc -o "obj/release/./src/options.o" -c  -I/user/local/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main -I/usr/local/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main -03 -DGFXMODULE_SDL -DHAVE_OPENGL  -DSOUNDMODULE_SDL  -DHAVE_ZIP=1  -I "." -I src -I src/sc2code -I src/sc2code/libs -I src/regex "scr/options.c"
In file included from src/options.h:25,
                             from src/options.c:22:
src/port.h:58: error: conflicting types for 'ssize_t'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/sys/types.h:104: error: previous declaration of 'ssize_t' was here
make: *** [obj/release/./src/options.o] Error 1

Ok so there you go. Have no clue what is wrong, but I think I have two of the same 'ssize_t'. So do I just delete one of them?

Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2005, 12:19:03 pm »

See bug 723. For a quick fix, delete the typedef int ssize_t; from the UQM source code.

MSYS does have copy-paste support, but it works Unix-style. Highlighting an area is "copy", middle-clicking is paste.

fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2005, 07:58:28 pm »

I deleted 'typedef int ssize_t;' from sc2/src/port.h
I tried './build.sh uqm' again and another batch of errors popped up. I don't have a middle button on my mouse, but it appears that pressing down on my scroller does the same thing.

Code:
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/os_types.h:38: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/os_types.h:39: error: syntax error before "ogg_int32_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/os_types.h:40: error: syntax error before "ogg_uint32_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/os_types.h:41: error: syntax error before "ogg_int16_t"
In file included from z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:26,
                from src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:28:
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:55: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:72: error: syntax error before "packetno"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:77: error: syntax error before "granulepos"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:90: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:132: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:133: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:134: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:147: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:148: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:149: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:153: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:154: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:155: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:156: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:157: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:158: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:166: error: syntax error before "ogg_page_granulepos"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/ogg/ogg.h:171: error: syntax error before '*' token
In file included from src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:28:
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:77: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:80: error: syntax error before "glue_bits"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:81: error: syntax error before "time_bits"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:82: error: syntax error before "floor_bits"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:83: error: syntax error before "res_bits"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:86: error: syntax error before '}' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:100: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:102: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:113: error: conflicting types for 'glue_bits'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:80: error: previous declaration of 'glue_bits' was here
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:114: error: conflicting types for 'time_bits'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:81: error: previous declaration of 'time_bits' was here
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:115: error: conflicting types for 'floor_bits'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:82: error: previous declaration of 'floor_bits' was here
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:116: error: conflicting types for 'res_bits'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:83: error: previous declaration of 'res_bits' was here
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:120: error: syntax error before '}' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:176: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:177: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:178: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:182: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:183: error: syntax error before "ogg_packet"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:184: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:189: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:190: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:191: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:192: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:194: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:195: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:200: error: syntax error before "ogg_packet"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:202: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:203: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:204: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:205: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:206: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:207: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:208: error: syntax error before "ogg_packet"
In file included from src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:29:
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:41: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:55: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:62: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:63: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:65: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:72: error: syntax error before "pcm_offset"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:80: error: syntax error before "os"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:82: error: syntax error before "vd"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:82: error: conflicting types for 'vd'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/codec.h:102: error: previous declaration of 'vd' was here
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:83: error: syntax error before "vb"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:87: error: syntax error before '}' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:89: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:90: error: syntax error before "OggVorbis_File"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:91: error: syntax error before "OggVorbis_File"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:94: error: syntax error before "OggVorbis_File"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:95: error: syntax error before "OggVorbis_File"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:97: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:99: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:100: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:101: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:102: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:103: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:105: error: syntax error before "ov_raw_total"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:105: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:106: error: syntax error before "ov_pcm_total"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:106: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:107: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:109: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:110: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:111: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:112: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:113: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:115: error: syntax error before "ov_raw_tell"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:115: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:116: error: syntax error before "ov_pcm_tell"
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:116: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:117: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:119: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:120: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:122: error: syntax error before '*' token
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:124: error: syntax error before '*' token
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:71: error: syntax error before "OggVorbis_File"
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:71: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:73: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:84: error: syntax error before "ogg_int64_t"
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ogg_seek':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:86: error: `offset' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:86: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:86: error: for each function it appears in.)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:87: error: `datasource' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:87: error: `whence' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ova_GetError':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:140: error: `ova' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:140: error: syntax error before ')' token
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ova_Open':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:164: error: `ova' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:164: error: syntax error before ')' token
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ova_Close':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:212: error: `ova' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:212: error: syntax error before ')' token
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ova_Decode':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:220: error: `ova' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:220: error: syntax error before ')' token
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ova_Seek':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:238: error: `ova' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:238: error: syntax error before ')' token
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c: In function `ova_GetFrame':
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:254: error: `ova' undeclared (first use in this function)
src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.c:254: error: syntax error before ')' token
make: *** [obj/release/./src/sc2code/libs/sound/decoders/oggaud.o] Error 1

Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2005, 08:28:45 pm »

There's probably some error about a missing include file somewhere, but it's not in the text you quoted (I wish GCC would stop parsing if a file is missing instead of generating hundreds of errors due to missing definitions). Finding the first error message should help you sort things out.

You did put the _G_config.h you downloaded in your MinGW include directory, right?

fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2005, 10:46:07 pm »

Yeah, I had _G_config.txt in my mingw/include file. I opened it up and did 'save as' and made it _G_config.h. I guess that did the trick, because I './build.sh uqm' and a different error popped up instead. This error looks like the ssize_t error.

Code:
gcc -o "obj/release/./src/sc2code/libs/uio/charhashtable.o" -c  -I/usr/local/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main -I/usr/local/include/SDL -Dmain=SDL_main -O3 -DGFXMODULE_SDL -DHAVE_OPENGL  -DSOUNDMODULE_SDL  -DHAVE_ZIP=1  -I "." -I src -I src/sc2code -I src/sc2code/libs -I src/regex "src/sc2code/libs/uio/charhashtable.c"
In file included from src/sc2code/libs/uio/hashtable.h:31,
                from src/sc2code/libs/uio/charhashtable.h:33,
                from src/sc2code/libs/uio/charhashtable.c:23:
src/sc2code/libs/uio/uioport.h:74: error: conflicting types for 'ssize_t'
z:/uqmedit/edit/mingw/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../../include/sys/types.h:104: error: previous declaration of 'ssize_t' was here
make: *** [obj/release/./src/sc2code/libs/uio/charhashtable.o] Error 1

This looks a little different then the previous ssize_t error, but
I thought I fixed this. Do I delete ssize_t from a different file?

fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2005, 11:04:39 pm »

I think I fixed this error on my own. See last time I just deleted 'typedef int ssize_t;' from sc2/src/port.h. This time I went to sc2/src/sc2code/libs/uio/uioport.h. I found the evil 'typedef int ssize_t;' and deleted it.

I tried './build.sh uqm' again. This time I think it got built entirely, because there was no errors. I looked under sc2 and saw the uqm.exe icon. I clicked it and it gave me the error, "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I have SDL.dll in MinGW/lib so why won't it work?

Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 01:35:11 am »

Just shove all the DLLs it complains about in your Windows system directory or the same directory as UQM. That should fix it.

UQM needs a lot of DLLs, so you may have to iterate a while to get them all installed.

fetid_breath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005, 02:04:20 am »

Huzza! It works! I copied all the needed dll's and now the new built version works! A thousand thanks to you Novus. Also, thank you 0xdecode and Meep-Eep. Now to see what the changes did...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length