The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:42:51 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  cheats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: cheats  (Read 11090 times)
eaadams
Zebranky food

Los Republicanos es incredible

View Profile
cheats
« on: December 11, 2002, 09:16:42 am »

so we can't do the money cheat anymore?  are there any cheats to use.  I just *HATE* resource collection.  I wish I could just start colonies that would mine for me!!  AHHHH for the days of SC1
Zeroarmy
Frungy champion

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Re: cheats
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 09:26:44 am »

so we can't do the money cheat anymore?  are there any cheats to use.  I just *HATE* resource collection.  I wish I could just start colonies that would mine for me!!  AHHHH for the days of SC1

Fill your ship up with fuel tanks and then go to hyperspace and use the Caster to summon the Melnorme. Then ask them to fill up your fuel tanks to the max and they will pay you 1 credit to do so. After you're done, you can sell the fuel at your starbase.
eaadams
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 09:32:46 am »

wait they pay you to fill up?!  oh! see I allways thought that they'd fill ya up for one credit and I could never figure out why that didn't work!!  heh

CrowZone
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 10:05:46 am »

Just hex edit your save file Tongue
eaadams
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 10:54:14 am »

wana hex edit for credits
ForgedReality

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 11:24:34 am »

The credits are at offset 0x82, which is a short value (00 00)
Resource Units are at 0x08, which is long (00 00 00 00)
Flagship crew: 0x10, short I think

I think the individual values for different types of cargo were at 3A-48, all those values being two bytes long.

Biological information in your cargo was at 0x14, again a short value.

0x12 I believe was your cargo. I don't think it was how much total, but something to do with free space, or something, I can't remember.. Didn't mess with that one much. I remember when I set it to something high, it screwed my game up until I zeroed it out.. after taking all my cargo back to base, it still said my hold was nearly full, although it didn't show anything as being there.

I haven't messed with it much beyond that yet.  There is a lot more there to be found, but I haven't seen enough need to do that yet.  Smiley  Have fun.  Happy hacking!   Cool
N00bie

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 10:43:07 pm »

ok, call me dumb - but i've got a hex editor and opened one of my save games, but cant find the numbers you guys are referring to, mainly i want to edit bio data (to sell to the melnorme, i really need better landers) and money
Doctuh_Jay
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 10:56:24 pm »

Okay, I hate resourse collecting too, but don't resort to cheating. All ya got to do is take a spathi ship (Fwiffo, most likely) into VUX space and slaughter them with it. You'll get $$ hand over fist for blowing them up and it doesn't take that much skill to defeat an Intruder with an Eluder.

Some of the earliest memories of my life involve me, my dad, and/or my brother playing Star Control 1 on the ol' Amiga! A slightly more recent memory is of Star Control 2 back in '92. Good times!!
eaadams
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 11:35:04 pm »

well yea the eluder idea would work if we had a good windows exe patch that fixed the collision.  (didn't bomb when we go to earth)

I did the money thing by loading up on fuel.  worked for me.
then go on web and found location of some rainbow worlds.  that gave me all the credits I need.

serendipity
Zebranky food

Personal text is for weenies.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2002, 02:38:44 am »

well yea the eluder idea would work if we had a good windows exe patch that fixed the collision.  (didn't bomb when we go to earth)

then go on web and found location of some rainbow worlds.  that gave me all the credits I need.

The patched .exe is fine. It's been said before - you need the content as well, since apparently something in there changed.  I'm running the version I compiled and sent to Sun and there are no problems going to earth.  
miri

Email
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2002, 03:19:07 am »

I also used Eluders to slaughter VUX ships when I first played the original PC version, but now I was forced to try it with an Earthling cruiser.

I was amazed how easy it was. They never spawn next to you(or even close). Just stay far and shoot rockets. It takes about 30 seconds to kill one VUX with an Earthling!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length