The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:21:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  VELA SYSTEM WITH SLAVE SHIELD!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VELA SYSTEM WITH SLAVE SHIELD!!!!!!  (Read 4961 times)
Jiggles

Email
VELA SYSTEM WITH SLAVE SHIELD!!!!!!
« on: June 17, 2005, 12:52:04 am »

I have found a slave shiled planet from the Solar System Vela. The homeplanet from which Zelnick took off from...  I found Vela and thought i'd visit it, since were from it. I found 1 Ur-Quan circling it. He told me "So the Offspring has returned!" and some other stuff, then he attacked me. You can't talk to the Ur Quan, he just finishs sentence and attacks. The Quoorrdinates are "334.5 , 193.1"

Did i find something new or has this already be discovered and talked about in differant topic?
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
Re: VELA SYSTEM WITH SLAVE SHIELD!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 01:12:19 am »

Nice find. Smiley

Though most people know about it.. heh.. Tongue
Defender
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 05:23:05 am »

good for you Grin

see, this game still has it going on Cool
Culture20
Enlightened

Thraddash Flower Child

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 05:31:49 am »

I love how Vela is hidden by Zeeman unless you're zooming in (or you go to Zeeman and are curious about that extra star nearby like I was).
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 08:24:08 pm »

And this is why the original starmap should be provided. It's clearly visible, and with Hayes' clue that the mission was out near Androsynth space, you can find it without too much trouble. Honestly, this should be one of the first places you try to visit, if you're just going by clues.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 08:24:41 pm by Death_999 » Logged
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
Plastic Wrap
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 08:55:47 pm »

I don't understand why the place is slave shieled, if the colony is destroyed. I guess the Ur-quan just like to play it safe.
Razorback
Frungy champion

We are all *happy campers*

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 09:06:49 pm »

Nobody ever said Vela was destroyed, to my memory.  Ur-Quan just reverses-tracked your ship's warp trail and put a lid on that extra pesky band of hunams they found.

jack_cloudy
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 01:15:20 am »

Yep, and after shielding the planet, they leave one of their nice green ships to see if that weird looking big ship comes back so that they can punish you for not obeying the Ur-Quan slave laws (Kinda annoying to hear that you're supposed to be a slave, isn't it?). Too bad for that big bug that he didn't knew that a Spathi Eluder manned by the brave Fwiffo can blow up a Dreadnought any time. I also wonder why there isn't a starport like at Earth, the Chenjesu planet and the new home of the Syreen. Those at Earth and the Chenjesu planet can be leftovers from the Alliance, but the one found at the Syreen planet probably isn't. Maybe they just didn't had the time yet to make one whith the Doctrinal war going on. All in all, I really liked what happened at Vela. It really helps built up the plot.

,,That was the worst and most boring movie I’ve ever seen. Lousy special effects.” Sergeant ironhead. The real reason why the alien brain on Cydonia was destroyed while in the middle of displaying a message telling the X-com operatives not to fire.

Hoe meer zielen, hoe meer vreugd! (yes I'm dutch)
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 07:31:13 pm »

The starbases are long-term major investments, used as refuelling stations and to monitor large, potent forces that could push into space. The colony at Vela did not reveal the factory, so it does not appear to have potent forces (and it turns out that it doesn't, since the planet is tapped out on construction materials), and building a refuelling station is not urgent.
Krulle
Enlightened

*Hurghi*! Krulle is *spitting* again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 08:58:22 pm »

As far as i got the news, the lone Ur-Quan came alone to Vela.
That one ship alone started the Slave-Shield.
IMO, the Ur-Quan ship alone cannot build a star base.
Especially, if Vela is so mineral-deprived and without factories (just an agricultural colony), the effort needed would be very much.
But astonishing enough, one single Ur-Quan is capable of surrecting a slave-shield!

But is always an *easy place* to meet an Ur-Quan and receive the star-map sphere of influence for the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za.

BTW: I found it because I was curious and manually overrode the auto-pilot to find this system.
Later i used the maps and zoom-in+zoom-out to recheck if the 'caster could penetrate, if the sun device helps here, if the bomb cracks the shield, ....

Okay, I even checked if the Ultron would help, but not everything of the above I tested here.

Enjoy!
Martin

PS: Did you know?: the german version is playable!
And we refrained from using audio-dubbing, we used sub-titles!
As such, the lips are moving according the sound made! Tongue
http://uqm.stack.nl/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Gendiscuss;action=display;num=1118355432
Mr._Jiggles
*Many bubbles*

Get Down!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 01:33:29 am »

Yeah, i just choose to visit zeeman on starmap, cause it was big, and must have lots of minerals  Grin. Then i saw Vela. So i went there and Wala, theres a Ur Quan there. Velas a nice system. Too bad you can't use umgah caster or birvixi caster to contact slave shielded planets.
Culture20
Enlightened

Thraddash Flower Child

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 05:30:20 am »

Yeah, i just choose to visit zeeman on starmap, cause it was big, and must have lots of minerals  Grin. Then i saw Vela. So i went there and Wala, theres a Ur Quan there. Velas a nice system. Too bad you can't use umgah caster or birvixi caster to contact slave shielded planets.

You might be able to if the shielded race has a powerful hyperwave reception.

Semi-spoiler:
The Chenjesu have natural hyperwave communication rivaling man-made casters, according to the SC manuals.
Mr._Jiggles
*Many bubbles*

Get Down!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 11:57:39 pm »

Yea the only slave shieled race i can contact is the chmmr. Earth, Vela, Spathiwa, and the Sireen planet don't respond to the hyper wave casters.

As for the one Ur Quan slave shielding a planet, I guess the Ur Quan gave all of the ships able to slave shield a planet by themselves.

I beat the game when Kohr Ah were killing everything. When they came to the Vela area, i checked Vela and that lone ur quan was still there Smiley. To all people who wait till last minute to beat the game. If you have the Quasi-Portal, Use it to your advangtage, then you will be always one step ahead.
Mr._Jiggles
*Many bubbles*

Get Down!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005, 04:18:36 am »

Culture 20, you didn't have to hint me of the chmmr,  i already beat game...   Roll Eyes
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 08:35:19 pm »

Culture 20, you didn't have to hint me of the chmmr,  i already beat game...   Roll Eyes

You can beat the game without finding that detail out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length