The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:39:20 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  3DO music in game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3DO music in game  (Read 2448 times)
NMJ

Email
3DO music in game
« on: July 24, 2005, 08:43:54 am »

Hi all.

I was happy to recently come across build .4 of one my all-time favorite games.  Running it works well except for one thing: the in-game music.  I downloaded the remix packs, and I have found their location and extracted the .ogg files from the .uqm files.  I can easily listen to them externally, but I don't know how to change the music in-game.  I've looked on this board for info, and nothing direct.  I'm not that technical, so if you could tell me how and where I should place the .ogg files to ensure that when I run the game I get the right music, I would be grateful.  Thanks for any help.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
Re: 3DO music in game
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2005, 10:31:42 am »

Read this.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Halleck
Enlightened

Personal Text

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 03:43:59 pm »

In short: don't extract them.

That's why the content zips were renamed to uqm in the first place- although it doesn't seem to be stopping anyone.

Currently working on: Going outside more
NMJ

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 06:33:13 pm »

Got it.  No extraction needed.  I more or less understand the add-on aspect functionally, but it still doesn't work for me.  The three remix packs seem to have the original music, and then there's the 3DO pack that only changes some of it (shipyard, hyperspace, etc).  So I put the 3DO pack in the directory with the other three, but the game still uses the old PC files.  Sorry, don't (yet) get it.  I thought (from the manual) that the 3DO music was supposed to be the default on .4.  Don't mean to be slow, but I'm more of a console gamer...thanks...
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 05:49:59 am »

"The three remix packs seem to have the original music, and then there's the 3DO pack that only changes some of it (shipyard, hyperspace, etc).  So I put the 3DO pack in the directory with the other three, but the game still uses the old PC files."

I don't think you should move the 3DO file, it works in the "packages" directory.

Did you recompress the remix music, or download it again? If you just zipped it, remember to rename the suffix to .uqm

Also, do you have the remixes in the content/addons/packages directory?
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 11:45:24 am »

You have to have each addon in a seperate folder in content/packages/addons. They have to be there in .zip format (not sure if .uqm format works too though)...

Now you can use --addon uqmremix, if "uqmremix" is the folder where you have the remix .zip's in.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length