The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:45:21 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Slow controls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Slow controls  (Read 1462 times)
Seiryoku
Zebranky food

Boom!

View Profile
Slow controls
« on: August 26, 2005, 12:42:58 am »

Hey there...

I'm one of those weird people which have only played SC3 so far, a long time ago. My sci-fi hype kinda went away after that, but after reading some of the praises for the previous games, I decided to give them a try. Here I am.

Maybe it's just me, used to the SC3 controls and their speed, but the ship's maneuverability in SC2 seems incredibly sluggish. Might be just on my computer, but the ship takes those 45° turns once every second, which is pretty much frustrating. Ship battles are really hard this way: I'll probably get one shot in as the enemy flies by, IF that shot hits. Planet cruising is also somewhat difficult this way... I tend to fly across the planet, taking forever to turn around and make another pass. Sometimes I'll just fly right out of the zoom in and into another planet in the process. D'oh.

So, two-fold question. Are the controls supposed to be like this? If (hopefully) not, how can I make the thing turn faster?

Good work on the game, by the way. These classics have so much more gameplay in them compared to some of today's games, it's almost ridiculous.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Slow controls
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 01:19:31 am »

There's nothing wrong with your controls. It's the ship. One of the first things you'll want to do is upgrade the engines and turning thrusters.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Seiryoku
Zebranky food

Boom!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 01:26:54 am »

A-hah. Thanks (and sorry for what now looks like a pretty dumb post).
Megagun
Enlightened

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 12:57:54 pm »

Heh, I guess it's okay...

Besides, that was just one of the things SC3 decided to drop, you know.. You could have never known, I guess.. Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length