The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:11:19 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Trouble with CVS: Logging in denyed as anon.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trouble with CVS: Logging in denyed as anon.  (Read 2294 times)
Makkenhoff
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Trouble with CVS: Logging in denyed as anon.
« on: December 14, 2002, 03:02:47 am »

When i try to log in, what settings exactly will i need to use, i have access to a compiler, and a knowledgable friend, but i cannot get CVS to download a thing, i have started to manually get every single file via CGI, but lets be honest i'll go insane before i finish getting them from there, has to be a faster way. :)
If you need more information give me an idea on what you require and i will do my best to provide you with all details needed to help me. I use windows 98.
TD
Frungy champion

View Profile
Re: Trouble with CVS: Logging in denyed as anon.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2002, 03:25:51 am »

One surefire way to get it under windows is to download WinCVS and chose to only install the cvs.exe. Once you've done that open the dos promt and type this in cvs.exe's location:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sc2.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sc2 login

You don't need a password so just hit enter and then type in:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sc2.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sc2 co sc2

(it's actually probably better to make a batch file with those commands to save you typing them in every time)

http://www.tortoisecvs.org is also a good way to get it under windows.
Makkenhoff
Zebranky food

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
Re: Trouble with CVS: Logging in denyed as anon.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 08:40:13 am »

Okay, i tried wincvs now am trying Tortoise and i seem to be having better luck, at least i was able to download a different cvs file on sourceforge.  I think maybe it has to do with the way its worded.. What i'm looking for is someone who uses Tortoise to help me, as they would be able to tell me exactly what to type.  It is very flustrating to me to be told its easy and i cannot do it, kinda makes me feel like i'm stupid, thou i can program in 3 languages. Java, C++, and Basic (vb too).  So i'm thinking what the heck is the deal... heh.  I would appricate any help towards this.  Thanks

*Edit*
In C:\WINDOWS\Desktop: cvs95 -q checkout -P "cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sc2.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sc2"
CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sc2.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/sc2 login

cvs95 checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password

cvs95 [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.sc2.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/sc2 login for user anonymous

Error, CVS operation failed

Tortoise Tip:  Sometimes you get this error if you have the repository directory
wrong in the Checkout dialog.  Make sure you have a slash at the start of the
directory, and that the case and path are correct.  Watch out for spurious trailing
characters.

Examples are:  "/cvsroot", "/usr/local/cvs-repository", "/cvsroot/cvsgui"

This is what i get including the "tip" i get from the tortoise.  Is this something of my doing or am i not copying and pasting something right?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 12:05:34 pm by Makkenhoff » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length