The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:44 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Technical Issues (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Issues with the remix packages
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Issues with the remix packages  (Read 2238 times)
Jeebs

Email
Issues with the remix packages
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:36:26 am »

Okay, I first installed UQM w/ all three remixes and everything worked fine... then one day for no apparent reason the second and third remix packages just stopped working entirely.  I ran the logfile to find out what might be going on, and lo and behold it's only detecting one of them... I've tried adding them into the command line manually, but that made the game crash.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong... if someone has any insight it would be much appreciated.  I'm not convinced this is a bug yet, so I haven't posted it on Bugzilla, however, if no one can offer any advice on how to resolve this problem, I will do so.  Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer.

Jeebs.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
Re: Issues with the remix packages
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 08:55:38 am »

In which directory and with what filenames are the remix packages stored? Can you post the log file somewhere?

If the remixes are all in the same directory and have their original filenames, I have no idea what could cause this.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
Jeebs

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:57:13 am »

They are stored in the remix directory inside the content/addon directories... all the files have their original names.  I have found nothing similar on the forum as of yet, so I'm wondering if this is in fact a bug.
Jeebs
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:04:58 am »

I just thought of something... could extracting the zips affect them somehow (I really don't see how)... but I did extract them to another directory outside the game folder so that I could listen to them individually.  They're quite good, and I'm kinda saddened that they stopped working...  Sad
Jeebs
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 10:34:18 am »

Okay, nevermind I got them working... don't ask me how though.  Could be anything... from one of the settings I changed to something I might've done differently during the last re-install... in either case, it works now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length