The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:39:13 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  NEWS: Toys for Bob go for a new Star Control and need your help (READ!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: NEWS: Toys for Bob go for a new Star Control and need your help (READ!)  (Read 136641 times)
Pkunkfury
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: NEWS: Toys for Bob go for a new Star Control and need your help (READ!)
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2008, 02:49:58 pm »

where are you from?
of course I can understand your english, I think it's good but I'm italian, so I think my english is good for you too Tongue

I agree... starcon 2D is not a bad idea...it's a good idea! the most important thing is the story.
about collecting money...I agree, I would give (some) money! but I don't think this would be enough Sad

BatkatA®
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2008, 03:27:08 pm »

Pkunkfury
I'm From Bulgaria

I'm so happy that first man after my poste is ready to make something for SC !!!
Money are allways not enough ... we know that...

But i think we can collect enough!!!
and we can ask creators of SC for MIN sum that will be enough for that new project...

And the best way to make a precise calculations and to make a real estimation of that idea,
is to make a list roll  with names(nicknames) of all people that are ready to give money for new SC version and exact amount that is OK for them!

Then we can see the real fans and the real  prognosis - IS THIS POSSIBLE OR NOT!!!

How we can make this list roll (REGISTER) - some suggestions?
Toka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2008, 09:58:45 pm »

if the worth of the american doller keeps falling, our european money could make a lot Tongue

1,00 Euro = 1,44 Dollar^^
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

Armor always looks cool with extra techno...right?

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2008, 10:14:05 pm »

uhh.....
You guys must be rolling in money or something. That kind of crap is usually very expensive, and although I'm sure many of us here are more than happy to make a donation of some kind for such a cause, I highly doubt that we could make a serious impact.

The only way an ambitious plan like this could work without massive funding is if we can somehow get some coding programs and graphic design junk and form a sort of super huge remake project that isn't part of any corporate thing. Even this would be expensive.

Or we could sell Fwiffo cookies until we had enough money. [Har har har]

Thrice thy blinded cat hath mewed....
BatkatA®
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2008, 11:00:29 pm »

Heh ...

Dancing Fungus
i'm not sure that we cannot collect enough money ...
2D project is many times cheap then 3D
There is no impossible things in that world...

Star Control deserve this - 10, 20, 30 , 50$ that we can spend ...

Howmany fans are here on that forum - please tell me ...
I know if i don't do something i'll never see new SC .. i'm sure!!!

Ok let's start to make this register and check howmuch we can collect for 1 month... ("only on paper")
if we see interest and readiness in that initiative we can start real collecting trough bank or some other way ...(will discuss later)

IF WE ARE REALLY FANS OF THAT GAME WE CAN SPEND SOME MONEY!!!
Eeveryone is free to decide howmuch is enough for him ...

First 50$ are from me ...

This is Star Base that  i still working on - cost 0$

There is so many talent 2D and 3D artists in the world ... i'm sure that we can find best offers for graphics building!!!
I have offer for creations of graphics on professional level but this is after we have some ~ SUM

Let's try with that register .. can we ask builders of that web page to help us???

We need place where we can put our names(nicknames) and sum that we will give if the project start ...
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2008, 04:46:29 pm »

Hmmm... It appears you already possess the graphical design stuff that I mentioned before. That would cut back on expenses. It might be possible.

By the way, that program looks really cool. Is there anyway I could get a program like that? If I had one and could learn how to use it, I could make some stuff.  [like pod-ships, or whatever]

Valaggar Redux

Email
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2008, 05:04:11 pm »

Helpful Reminder: If TFB would start working on a low-budget game, the profits they'd get would be low too. However, if they work instead of a high-budget, 3D game, the profits will be higher. So if we are to donate money to TFB to make a low-budget game, we'd have to also pay them compensations for those high profits they didn't get because they made a low-budget game. Which might be even more expensive than outright donating money for a high-budget Sequel. So no, Batkat's idea with downgrading the graphics does not work. *sigh*

And by the way, that starbase looks more than wonderful.
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2008, 05:16:41 pm »

No no, my advice is that we say "f*** it" to TFB and make our own 2-d remake deal. After all, UQM is a remake of the original in the first place. Then we won't have to pay tribute to the "gods of Star Control" any longer. All we need is permission, and they might not care as much since it is a 2-d thing. They can continue peacefully working on whatever they're doing while we give Star Control a new life. [or turn it into a big flop, whichever comes first]

It is pretty much our only chance at this.

BatkatA®
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2008, 11:11:15 pm »

Dancing Fungus
This program is 3D Studio MAX - is hard to learn software like this for one month...
I work 15 years with it ...

I don't speak to gather 10 freelance fans to make something without money... Some fan remake ...
I speak to collect money and make a financial support to creators of SC2 to make new 2D sequel of SC2 but with great
graphics, music and new storyline ... Maby will be more realistic then new GREAT 3D ...

Downgrade ... i don't think even for a second to downgrade graphics or anything!...
Is this necessary to make one screen (in planet orbit - for example) renewed in 1024x768 to
convince you that is possible ...?
Perfect created 2D is better then low polygonal angular 3D ...
People think that if one game is 2D is shit... thay are totally wrong ... Something beautiful is beautiful !!!
Something invented professional with feeling and desire cannot be rejected!!!

Why we need SC3 - 3D - becouse we need space simulator ..? Because 3D will give us some unbelievable look???
Or we will be modern like most games but games that we forgot 2 days after we finish them!!!

I'm not sure that i want to play some totally different SC with 100 new features that can be total crash of old feeling ...
And will broke my good memorys...

I don't think that 3D will make SC greater than now .. the game is enough unique and perfect created...

Sometimes changes are not the perfect choise... we can compare some movies and other game titles ..
1st title is great - second is full .....Shi ......t...!
This game is very special we cannot risk with experiments ...

OK i think that we can wait little bit more (BUT NOT! another 16 years and TFB is good to tell us howmany petitions are already signed ...) and if Activision reject SC3 to start with our own idea to finance TFB for sequel!

There is ways to make SC3 !!!
Production can be transfered to other country to other developers to help TFB where the price for realization will be lower...
Ofcource with general supervising from TFB, concept art, storyline and everything that is necessary

I'm little sceptic that Activison will agree to finance SC3...
Now the era of 3d shooters will be hard to convince them that the unique SC will broke the market ...

If Activision start that project i'll be the most happy fan in the world ...

I don't want TFB to loose profits ofcource!!!

I only share my ideas and this is becouse i'm one of the biggest fan of that game!!!
I have so much things that i want to tell you but if i start i'll write a trilogy! Wink

I don't want to broke no one interests!!!
And i hope TFB and all of you will understand me ...!
Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2008, 03:42:24 pm »

I speak to collect money and make a financial support to creators of SC2 to make new 2D sequel of SC2 but with great
graphics, music and new storyline
Okay. Well, you have great fun doing that then.

Just remember that although people like us don't need good graphics, the rest of the population of the computerized world does. TFB realizes that, and although they may want to keep the current fan base loyal, they also want to make more money. THAT'S WHY THEY GOT THE JOB IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

If they make something all 3-d and fancy, more idiots will buy it, even if the plot sucks ass. If it is 2-d with a good story, we might buy it but the idiots won't. Now calculate the number of idiots who like pretty things versus the number of people like us.

The results: more idiots with money=higher profits.
A few fans on a remote internet server who whine about sequels all day=lower profits.
Now, imagine that you are a big gaming company. Do you want more money or less money?

This same formula applies to all commercial products and many governments.

Now then, do you think TFB will really help us all that much with an idea like this?

BatkatA®
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2008, 07:21:43 pm »

Of course not ...
Money talks!!!
The money are reason people to make mistakes in any attitude...
See Hollywood movies ... everything is for MONEY not for the idea like early years...

If they make something all 3-d and fancy, more idiots will buy it, even if the plot sucks ass. If it is 2-d with a good story, we might buy it but the idiots won't. Now calculate the number of idiots who like pretty things versus the number of people like us.

This is the sad truth...
If you want to see SC made for that PAYING idiots ok i don't want...
TFB can make some other fancy 2D -3D - 4D game for money... why SC why that great game ...?
I understand them 1000% thay are company that must survive ... and thay are righ! I work in company in that bussines too ...

But i sincerely ask them to think for US the real fans - to try to keep the idea of SC2, the great feeling, to make something different not the next game that will be failure...

I don't want to be disappointed!!! not from Star Control!!! Not again!

I see that idea fans to collect the money to finance that project is IMPOSSIBLE...

Then we can wait to see Activision wat will do ...

Dancing Fungus
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2008, 07:36:36 pm »

If you want to see SC made for that PAYING idiots ok i don't want...
I DON'T want to see SC made for paying idiots. I would love it if TFB bit the bullet and stuck with their loyal fans.
But they won't, and that is why I say we shouldn't bother supporting them until we know what this sequel [if it is even being made to completion in the first place] is like.

I don't want to be disappointed!!! not from Star Control!!!
I agree with you completely on this.

Thus, we must either wait for the new sequel, and hope it isn't a disappointment, or remake the game ourselves.

Zeracles
Frungy champion

Icon of X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2008, 09:31:50 pm »

I don't want to be disappointed!!! not from Star Control!!!
I agree with you completely on this.

Thus, we must either wait for the new sequel, and hope it isn't a disappointment, or remake the game ourselves.
Yes. Stop trying to throw money at the problem Roll Eyes This is an open source game (great starbase, I'm sure it could be useful!). As such, I'm not worried about SC's future Smiley

Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.
BatkatA®
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2008, 10:18:03 pm »

Remake is not so interesting ... we have allready Ur-Quan Masters ...
Interesting is Star Control 3!!! new storyline ... Sequel of SC2

Ok then... now we wait to see what will happend with Activison ....

If thay reject we can speak with TFB for any possible options to continue Star Control 2 ...
With our financial help or something else!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 10:23:10 pm by BatkatA® » Logged
Zeracles
Frungy champion

Icon of X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »

I think the remake is very interesting, it will be remade to perfection, so it will be more perfect than perfect - music, artwork, et cetera. Also, because the game has a lot of unrealised potential, we can build features into the game which have the potential to attract new players, like third person melee (I'd say that this is only a matter of time).

And actually, if I read Dancing Fungus' comments right, he means to also remake sc3 . . . which has the obvious difficulties, but one way or another, we need a sequel, and if one is not forthcoming from the twin gods, the next most legitimate source would be us.

So do not despair, Batkat Smiley

Fear not the Arch Viles and Spectres of the Deepest Reaches, for the X is strong in this place.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length