The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:04:45 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  NEWS: Toys for Bob go for a new Star Control and need your help (READ!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: NEWS: Toys for Bob go for a new Star Control and need your help (READ!)  (Read 136638 times)
Main
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: NEWS: Toys for Bob go for a new Star Control and need your help (READ!)
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2010, 06:52:35 am »

Is the petition still going on? I tried to add an entry, only to be met with a blank page.

alien_fan
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 18, 2010, 12:55:58 am »

Hello,

I would like to see another "Star Control II", something people would like to see instead of Star Control 3.  I'm not sure what it would entail, but I like the scheme of exploring planets for minerals, energy and biological sources, meeting aliens as friends and enemies and some larger plot, perhaps a different kind of war.  Which races may we like to use?  Some of the same?  All of the same?  Completely different?

I like the mixture of computer-type games where you mostly select from menus and listen to aliens converse with you, and then a bit of more arcade-style participation in the game.  I like learning things as I go along
and the non-linear setup of which aliens you visit first.  Yes, you have to visit the closer stars first, but you still get a bit of freedom of who you see when.

I perused this area of the forum and didn't see a petition or an email address or anything.  If I knew how to ask for a sequel on the internet or snail mail, I'd be willing to do it if I could make a difference.
I think Star Control II is my favorite video or computer game I've ever been able to play.  Unfortunately, now that I've played most of it out, there's no point to playing it again.

BYE.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2010, 07:34:37 pm »

Is the petition still going on? I tried to add an entry, only to be met with a blank page.
Yikes. It has been broken for a while now. I fixed it now.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
tingkagol
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2011, 08:56:08 am »

I would like to see another "Star Control II", something people would like to see instead of Star Control 3.
I've been reading articles in the Ultronomicon the past hour, and it made me realize how much I want an SC2 sequel...

I think Toys for Bob can really pull off an indie release, like what Frictional Games did for Amnesia (if their contract with Activision allows it), or if not, Paul Reiche and Fred Ford should just make the damn sequel under a new company name and fund it out of their own pockets or something already. I'm sure a lot of old-time fans will be there come release date, ready to devour the finished product, provided it's anywhere near as good as SC2 or even better. But in all honestly, if they, at the very least, followed the base SC2 formula, I think they can't go wrong.

[/rant]
Ahmed

Email
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2011, 04:12:09 pm »

I would like that he makes a game sequel to Star Control 2, with all ships from SC1, SC2 and SC3. Star Control 3 is not a so good game. Star Control 2 is better.  SC3 has a boring story in epic mode. Star Control 1 has a good full game mode.
I would like that he includes:
- Epic mode (He will surely include it)
- Melee (He will surely include it) and
- Full game mode from Star Control. I still like that game mode.
I am for a new Star Control game!

Smiley
chiguireitor
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2011, 04:01:00 am »

So... i'm new here, but been playing Star Control since 1990 and have replayed the three games since last year (yes, even SC3) and i'm working on a spin-off which is based heavily on SC2 (graphics and gameplay, not yet ready to spill the beans on the intended gameplay  Wink )... however, i would like to know some things:
  • Is there any restriction on the use of the graphics/sounds/music for a commercial remake? (freemium model, pointing to UQM for the credits  Wink )
  • Is there any possibility to have Paul Reiche and Fred Ford involved in the project? do they read these forums? i would really really like to construct a REAL sequel instead of a partial spin-off

All in all, the super melee code is working nicely right now and i (my team) will be furthening the project into existence (at least without a new "alternate" storyline like SC3 *ugh*) in the months after we finish our current project .

I'm open for the debate...
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2011, 04:43:50 am »

So... i'm new here, but been playing Star Control since 1990 and have replayed the three games since last year (yes, even SC3) and i'm working on a spin-off which is based heavily on SC2 (graphics and gameplay, not yet ready to spill the beans on the intended gameplay  Wink )... however, i would like to know some things:
  • Is there any restriction on the use of the graphics/sounds/music for a commercial remake? (freemium model, pointing to UQM for the credits  Wink )
  • Is there any possibility to have Paul Reiche and Fred Ford involved in the project? do they read these forums? i would really really like to construct a REAL sequel instead of a partial spin-off

All in all, the super melee code is working nicely right now and i (my team) will be furthening the project into existence (at least without a new "alternate" storyline like SC3 *ugh*) in the months after we finish our current project .

This seems like it should have its own topic. Anyways, the content of UQM is under a Creative Commons non-commercial license (Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5, to be exact); see COPYING.txt. As for getting Fred and Paul involved in your project, I wouldn't hold my breath, though it probably wouldn't hurt to ask them directly (E-mail).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:50:13 am by onpon4 » Logged

Cedric6014
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2011, 05:22:32 am »

Sounds pretty ambitious. If your plan results in creation of an official sequel then God's speed to you.

But otherwise, have you considered joining Project6014?

Play online melee here! http://irc.uqm.stack.nl/
chiguireitor
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2011, 06:24:24 pm »

onpon4: I see a CC Attribution-2.0 and CC Attribution-NonCommercial-Sharealike 2.5 in the COPYING.TXT file... what license covers what content? also, who's the copyright holder here? TFB? Activision?. I'm only covering the commercial aspect because my project will need some money to back it :-)

Also, any pointers to where one can find those emails (please, don't post them here, let's avoid spam on their inbox).

Sorry for bugging everyone here, i'm a little bit excited at the prospect of this project coming to fruition.

Cedric6014: i read the Project6014 thread... but our project has a radically different approach (the code base is a start from scratch, not based on the UQM code, we have been using just the content).
onpon4
Enlightened

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2011, 11:55:58 pm »

onpon4: I see a CC Attribution-2.0 and CC Attribution-NonCommercial-Sharealike 2.5 in the COPYING.TXT file... what license covers what content? also, who's the copyright holder here? TFB? Activision?. I'm only covering the commercial aspect because my project will need some money to back it :-)

I believe it's the latter. Of course, I am just a random person. I could be wrong. But don't rely on being able to use the UQM content for a commercial project unless you're very sure that you will be able to in the end.

Also, any pointers to where one can find those emails (please, don't post them here, let's avoid spam on their inbox).

The TFB website lists an Email address, apparently Alex Ness. Not sure if it's of any help. http://toysforbob.com/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:09:01 am by onpon4 » Logged

dczanik
*Smell* controller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: July 01, 2011, 08:10:08 am »

I've got a lot of hi-res 2D artwork I've already made.  Just PM me if you need anything.

- Damon
Ur-Quan Masters HD Project leader/artist. Project 6014 Artist.  Like my art? Please check out some of my other artwork
vardath
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2011, 02:58:41 pm »

New entry in the petition from me.
DreamWeaver
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2011, 12:57:56 pm »

Hi.

Is there still a chance of this happening? I REALLY HOPE SO!!!

It has probably been going on for quite some time but I just found out yesterday that they are making another dungeon keeper! How in the hell can another Star Control be denied??

TOYS FOR BOB JUST DO IT ALREADY, you do all the work anyway why are you letting someone tell you what and what NOT to do!!??
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2011, 11:00:51 pm »

Because they're a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision now, which puts a bit of a damper on their ability to choose their projects freely. Given the choice, I'm sure they would have had a sequel for us already, but the Activision execs are not interested in funding the project.
DreamWeaver
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2011, 09:17:38 am »

So it's over? No matter what we say?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length