The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:53 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Kohr-ah attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Kohr-ah attack  (Read 8301 times)
Stilgar
Zebranky food

View Profile
Kohr-ah attack
« on: June 29, 2006, 02:07:21 pm »

After i had finished the game I decided to load an earlier savegame and wait for the Kohr-ah  attack.
I could remember that this is supposed to be in early 2159. And the UQM-Wiki confirms this.

It is now july 2159 and still the Kohr-ah  havent moved an inch.
Have i encountered a bug? Or do i have the dates mixed up?

I did convince the Utwig to attack the Kohr-ah...maybe this bought me some more time?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Kohr-ah attack
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 02:20:38 pm »

Indeed it did. It bought you exactly one year.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Stilgar
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 02:33:23 pm »

Thank you for a quick reply.
2Bad
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 08:53:18 am »

I just gave the fixed ultron to the utwig and the ultron tells them to attack the kohr-ah (after they mistakingly think it tells them to attack you, and then all ur-quan), it does this automatically, the way people are talking it seems that you have a choice, so there would be two different end times, but if they automatically attack the kohr-ah then you automatically get the extra year, and have no choice in the matter, therefore the melnorme's triangle thingy is incorrect.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:56:24 am by 2Bad » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 09:32:41 am »

Except you don't have to fix the Ultron to finsih the game. If you do not fix the ultron, you have one year less.

What's up doc?
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:55:52 pm »

Isn't the only way to avoid fixing the Ultron and still finish the game, to actually move in and swipe the bomb once the Kohr-Ah exterminate the Utwig? Otherwise, I thought they maintained an infinte fleet around the relevant planet.
Lance_Vader
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:56:43 pm »

I just gave the fixed ultron to the utwig and the ultron tells them to attack the kohr-ah (after they mistakingly think it tells them to attack you, and then all ur-quan), it does this automatically, the way people are talking it seems that you have a choice, so there would be two different end times, but if they automatically attack the kohr-ah then you automatically get the extra year, and have no choice in the matter, therefore the melnorme's triangle thingy is incorrect.

Except that the melnorme's triangle thingy was taken out after the PC version.
Moving in after the Kohr-Ah wipe out the Utwig seems risky to me, since the Kohr-Ah move VERY, VERY fast through the galaxy.  Maybe you could do it...
Terrell
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 07:23:04 pm »

Has anyone actually tried to get the bomb after the Kohr-Ah wipe out the Utwig?  I've never tried this, but I could imagine someone pulling it off successfully, if they have everything else lined up already, have full speed/turn on their Precursor ship, the Portal Spawner, and are waiting near the bomb for the Kohr-Ah to kill the Utwig.  The only question is will you have enough time, especially with the 2 weeks while the Chmmr work on your flagship, and transport you back to Earth.  Your flight times won't be that long, with full speed and the Portal Spawner, but I don't know if you have quite enough time.
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 07:46:29 pm »

But then, how else would you be able to get the bomb without fixing the Ultron? There's no other method that I can think of. Mind you, I'm pretty sure it takes the Kohr-Ah more than 2 weeks to eliminate all of the SOIs, especially if you use one of the sneaky (read: kinda buggy) methods to extend that process.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 09:37:16 pm »

CAUTION: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!

I do believe that it has been done, although not by me. It's either buried in the archives here, or over at the SCDB. If one has all the other components, it is simply a manner of exiting quasispace and taking the bomb, jumping to Procyon through Quasispace, and then jumping to the Sa-Matra from Earth via quasispace. Earth is the last world to bite the dust, which should give you sufficent time.

What's up doc?
2Bad
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 03:18:57 am »

Of course, if you allowed the utwig to be destroyed, that would be inconsistent with the events of Star Control 3 :p hehe
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:38:05 am by 2Bad » Logged
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 08:02:10 am »

Of course, if you allowed the utwig to be destroyed, that would be inconsistent with the event of SC3 :p hehe

I'm sorry? Inconsistent with what?

What's up doc?
Draxas
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 06:12:34 pm »

I think he's talking about some old spinoff project some company put out years ago. I hear the creators had nothing to do with that one, so why even bring it up? Wink
Data
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 10:43:00 pm »

I think we would all like to forget it....
There are versions of it on the net.....
DO NOT DOWNLOADEM!!!!! Well, unless you want your eyes bleading and Star Control designated area of brain trying to it itself.

Sig fixed at Shivers request.
Lance_Vader
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 06:43:55 pm »

SC3, to be fair, was a decent computer game.

But it wasn't Star Control.  Not by a long shot.  And the best dialogue in the whole game was lifted word for word from Star Control 2.  So, if you ever have the urge to see what SC3 was all about, then allow me to tell you: Just play SC2 again.  You're better off that way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length