The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:13:57 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Recommended games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Recommended games  (Read 11834 times)
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
Re: Recommended games
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 11:12:51 am »

Like I said, I never played it. You coudl be right. however, it would seem that we are spamming up a perfectly good thread with our Heroes innuendo. I suggest we take any further heroes discussion (should it be necessary) to PM's, or start a new thread.

distant watcher: An interesting straegy game that I haven't gotten around to playing yet is Galactic civilisations two. You might enjoy that.

What's up doc?
AnotherW
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 12:56:05 pm »

Lukipela:

i'm writing it all down but i guess it'll take me some time to plough through it all - im busy with half life right now... a bit behind, i am
Zieman
*Many bubbles*

Oh, and it burns...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 02:25:39 pm »

...- im busy with half life right now... a bit behind, i am
Smiley
How far behind does that make me, playing Master of Orion 2, Rally Trophy & various C64 games regularly...?  Shocked
Wink

...and keep it under Lightspeed!!!
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 03:07:30 pm »

Not to mention that game from the early nineties, whatsit called? Star Controller or something?

What's up doc?
AngusThermopyle
*Smell* controller

A paranoid android.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2006, 03:21:38 pm »

How far behind does that make me, playing Master of Orion 2, Rally Trophy & various C64 games regularly...?

If it makes ya feel any better, I fired up Master of Orion 1 on DOS box last week! Good times!  Wink

As for Heroes IV, it did have some nifty (and unique to the series) combat features. For example, there was simultaneous retaliation, units could block ranged attacks (so it was good to bring slow meatshield type units), and there a lot of interesting spells to choose from that they curiously removed. Oh well...I still like V.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2006, 04:03:26 pm »

If it makes ya feel any better, I fired up Master of Orion 1 on DOS box last week! Good times!  Wink
Is that one of those newfangled graphical games? I'm still trying to figure out how to avoid slipping on the unislime in Snowball.

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
tinyghosts
Zebranky food

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2006, 03:54:11 pm »

I normally hate MMORPGs, but there is one out there that is significantly different than any of the others, and it completely clears up a lot of the major problems that most MMORPGs have.  It's called Puzzle PIrates:

http://www.puzzlepirates.com

It's kinda like a MMORPG mixed with tetris.  Plus it's about pirates!

Shiver

Email
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 07:37:20 am »

Someone dragged me into Battle for Wesnoth which is freeware that's fun like a waterslide. Any of you kids playing Star Chamber right now might want to give me a holler if you want to play me because this is new to me and that is not.
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 02:49:30 pm »

Someone dragged me into Battle for Wesnoth which is freeware that's fun like a waterslide. Any of you kids playing Star Chamber right now might want to give me a holler if you want to play me because this is new to me and that is not.

Agreed, wesnoth is a nice little freeware tbs. Its simple ui comes hand in hand with its addictiveness. What is your wesnoth callsign, btw?
Shiver

Email
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 08:46:57 pm »

My callsign? "Konrad, Heir to the Throne". I'm playing the campaigns right now you doofus. There's a lot of these so it might be a while.
Mr._Jiggles
*Many bubbles*

Get Down!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 06:36:00 am »

Well if you have an xbox 360 and a HD-TV , then get dead rising. A great game i found out. Its the reason i bought a new televison and a xbox 360.

http://ww2.capcom.com/deadrising/

Think GTA meets Resident Evil.

The sheer volume of zombies being able to be squeezed onto the screen is great. You can have hundreds of zombies on screen without any hint of lag. Makes for a great game/
Mugz the Sane
*Many bubbles*

need coffee...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 08:20:26 am »

If I was the poor sucker standing on the truck...

well... I don't think I'd be standing. Think Rincew- ah, Spathi. I just hope 'to' doesn't also have zombies...

I'm seriously considering going to Bali to paint nude women.
Mr._Jiggles
*Many bubbles*

Get Down!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 08:55:02 am »

lol ive done that before in the underground matienence tunnels under the mall. The van broke down and i was down to my last bar. Made a dash for it and got zerged by 500 zombies waiting to take turns gang raping my body.
AngusThermopyle
*Smell* controller

A paranoid android.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 03:32:03 pm »

Well if you have an xbox 360 and a HD-TV , then get dead rising. A great game i found out. Its the reason i bought a new televison and a xbox 360.

http://ww2.capcom.com/deadrising/

Think GTA meets Resident Evil.

The sheer volume of zombies being able to be squeezed onto the screen is great. You can have hundreds of zombies on screen without any hint of lag. Makes for a great game/

That looks like a lotta fun....there more baddies on that screen than even Serious Sam could handle.
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2006, 04:48:44 pm »

My callsign? "Konrad, Heir to the Throne". I'm playing the campaigns right now you doofus. There's a lot of these so it might be a while.

I never put much into the campaign, too much running away all the time and not a fun sort of fleeing like in the first terran Starcraft campaign. However, it probably wouldn't be tough to make my own damn campaign, so I have no right to complain. It's just too much more fun to make new MP maps in the editor for me to get into the scripting part.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length