The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:15:40 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  3d spaceship modellers - paid work :)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3d spaceship modellers - paid work :)  (Read 2918 times)
gamedozer
Zebranky food

View Profile
3d spaceship modellers - paid work :)
« on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:29 pm »

Starcontrol 2 is probably my favorite game of all time. Now that I've "grown up" and am involved in the game development business, I want to develop a game that pays homage to that glorious masterpiece that is SC2. I'm getting to the point where it is time to start dropping content into my spiritual successor in the SC series, and I figured the best place to start looking would be amongst the fans of the original.

So, do you have any 3d modelling skills? I need a 3d modeller who can help me build all the interactable objects of a starcraft universe. I have artists who can do the skinning and the 2d, but I need someone to do the modeling.

If you want any more information about my game development team, you can check out our games at: http://www.gamedozer.com I look forward to hearing from you.
Vux_Brush
Frungy champion

View Profile
Re: 3d spaceship modellers - paid work :)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:22:34 pm »

Hmmm.
With this post I dont say I am interested. (as neither I know the quotes, the details of production, etc)

How much do u pay ? (per model done, received the money as model is given, and my only way to get money is by paypal or western union. Paypal much preferred for now. )

I've worked as pro in several companies  Wink   :

http://

The whole thing is real time 3D.That means polies there are optimized, if u see edges, is as some areas are very low pol so that the game engine doesnt get stuck. (the hardware, actually) Dunno if u speak bout hi res renderings, or low pol.

...I'm an overall skills guy -u needda be at tiny companies-  So I do concept art, texture, modelling, character animation, UIs , pixel art...  All.

I doubt anyway that would interest me for the usual small quote. Maybe if just modelling could try to negociate...  as is where I'm faster, by far. If u want something very specific , and not my random imagination (but my random imagination is cheaper, but not uber cheap) , then u need to provide me with the drawings like side view, top view. Yup, at least those two (all which is not definied, I'll invent) .Unless u want me to make the drawings or just model directly, which I perfectly can also do.

I'm expensive if uvmapping/texturing is involved.

I guess you're speaking of very low budget...Hmm...dunno, a talk wont hurt...

I don't know if you can PM me in this forum, if not...well, I'm quite against leaving my email in forums for spam bots and spiders... (tho they say the "at dot" trick is safe...hmm...dunno...)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 06:16:05 pm by Vux_Brush » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length