The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:27:46 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Rogue Spathi?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rogue Spathi?  (Read 4577 times)
Neutrino 123
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Rogue Spathi?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 07:04:43 am »

Hmmm, perhaps in the next Star Control Fwiffo can be abducted by the Black Spathi, so they can learn more about his fighting prowness...

-Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)
coeray
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 02:15:41 am »

I think everyone wants to believe in the Black Spathi because the real Spathi suck. They're fun to talk to, but that's about it. If you try to use their ships for combat you can win! It'll just take 15-20 minutes per battle.

Black Spathi with better, beefier ships would be pretty sweet. Especially since the Spathi abandon you not long after they join you.
Mugz the Sane
*Many bubbles*

need coffee...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 08:20:53 am »

You're talking of attempting to pick off crew from a capital ship using the main gun, aren't you. Try the BUTTS missiles. Much quicker.

Actually, a Black Spathi ship I'd imagine as being slightly faster, slightly more maneuverable and having a slightly bigger battery and somewhat longer ranges. LESS crew, though.

I'm seriously considering going to Bali to paint nude women.
Captain Sharkhat
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 07:20:52 pm »

I think everyone wants to believe in the Black Spathi because the real Spathi suck. They're fun to talk to, but that's about it. If you try to use their ships for combat you can win! It'll just take 15-20 minutes per battle.

-------------------------------------------------

I don't see how anyone couldn't love the spathi ships. I regullarly take down 3-4 kor ah without taking a single hit. If there was an increased range on the BUTTS like you suggested for a black spathi mod, it'd be basically unbeatable, and that's even without adding the fact about making it even more maneuverable and faster.
Mugz the Sane
*Many bubbles*

need coffee...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 08:41:15 am »

Here's the best concept regarding the Black Spathi: Keep 'em a legend. To actually meet them now after all the hype will be disappointing.

They have megadeath eluders, they're impossible to kill, but that's okay because, well, they're a myth.

I'm seriously considering going to Bali to paint nude women.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length