The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:31:45 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  Starbase Café (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Mass Effect.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect.  (Read 22715 times)
swbf
Zebranky food

View Profile
Re: Mass Effect.
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2006, 12:12:38 am »

Quote from: meep-eep
Well, I never heard of it. And noone here who has spoken out on this topic seems to have either. The gaming industry is a a competitive one, and I've never known big businesses to be particularly shy of dubious practices.

But they wouldn't need to employ me or lore to advance the word on mass effect.

Why wouldn't they hire you?
Because i'm not 18 yet, and I'm not even in canada, so they couldn't hire me anyway. I'd have to relocate.

Maybe he didn't want to make it too obvious that he was shilling?

I already pointed that out, anyone could use the "he didn't want to make it obvious he was shilling". Like I said, let the conspiracy theories flow!

Why is it bad? He advances awareness about the game, and noone would blame Bioware for one of their fans being too lazy to find a link.

It's bad because he didn't really give any info with the post. He just says "hey guys, what do you think of X game." I think people would agree that is bad advertising. It has no flare to it.
swbf
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2006, 12:16:23 am »

And a question about the game itself, what exactly about it would make this game particularly interesting to Star Control fans?
Just the exploring of uncharted regions of space? While I agree that that is a nice part of SC2, it's hardly unique to it.

I'd have to semi agree with you. They haven't revealed much on the interaction with other species, but it does sound like they will bring them to life much like SC2 did. It's really much more appealing to Kotor fans.  But I didn't make this thread, Lore did, so he should be better equipped  to answer that question.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2006, 07:33:49 am »

They haven't revealed much on the interaction with other species, but it does sound like they will bring them to life much like SC2 did.

What does this  even mean? They'll be drawn characters? They'll give you several conversation options? They'll have... you know what, never mind. I can't even guess what it's supposed to mean, so please enlighten me.

What's up doc?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2006, 01:39:18 pm »

After Googling a bit, it seems to become increasingly unlikely that LoreAlmighty is a shill. My apologies. Welcome to the UQM forums. Cheesy

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
swbf
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 02:20:02 pm »

They haven't revealed much on the interaction with other species, but it does sound like they will bring them to life much like SC2 did.

What does this  even mean? They'll be drawn characters? They'll give you several conversation options? They'll have... you know what, never mind. I can't even guess what it's supposed to mean, so please enlighten me.

This means that the alien species will seem in depth in  the way they were in SC2,  BTW, Mass Effect is using some new unique conversation system.

On the conversation system-"Making this easier on the player is a brand new communication system. Rather than scrolling through a list of possible responses during conversation, the various directions of the right analog-stick are mapped to different emotional response types; simply moving the stick leads to the proper tone without requiring you to read through every potential response. You could of course still read through everything before making a choice, but those looking to keep it moving could, for example, hold Right to fire off snarky answers or hold Left to be more pleasant. Plus, you don’t have to wait for people to finish sentences, as you can queue up a response in mid-stream, then watch it all play out seamlessly."

Quote from http://www.game-revolution.com/preview/xbox360/mass_effect

swbf
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2006, 02:20:39 pm »

After Googling a bit, it seems to become increasingly unlikely that LoreAlmighty is a shill. My apologies. Welcome to the UQM forums. Cheesy

If you're serious with that, Thanks for the apology, and no hard feelings from me at least.
LoreAlmighty
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2006, 05:01:23 pm »

Quote from: meep-eep on Today at 01:39:18 pm

If you're serious with that, Thanks for the apology, and no hard feelings from me at least.

Same here.  If that was serious, then apology accepted.

Yes, I am Almighty.
Rogue Kohr-Ah
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2006, 12:10:26 am »

It seems Im a bit late, but can we lay off the personal attacks with little basis please?  Here i am absent for a while, and this goes on in my leave ... doesn't exactly make me want to stick around...

The Kohr-Ah are flawed.  They must die.
If you follow the Kohr-Ah, you should make whatever final preparations are preferential to your species.  You have three of your "minute" time intervals to do so.
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2006, 05:41:38 pm »

Damn, I don't even get a cameo in future events. Cry
Death 999
Global Moderator
Enlightened

We did. You did. Yes we can. No.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2006, 06:51:31 pm »

Don't worry, we're implied in that last bullet point.
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2006, 08:00:04 pm »

It seems Im a bit late,

Well, only be a week or so.

but can we lay off the personal attacks with little basis please?  Here i am absent for a while, and this goes on in my leave ... doesn't exactly make me want to stick around...

You appear to be misinterpreting something here. Let me lay this out for you.

• Lore posts thread
  • Slight discussion, swbf posts as well
  • meep discovers their identical IP address, and warns them. He asks them to explain themselves.
  • An explanation is presented, and meep is not satisfied. He proclaims he will keep an eye on them, and does some internet detective things
  • Other users in the thread start playfully accusing each others of being shills, and the thread takes a humorous turn.
  • meep finds evidence tha indicates that the two accounts are different people, and lets discussion continue.
  • Discussion dies down because no one seems to really have anything to say abut the game.
  • Time passes.
  • More time passes.
  • Even more time passes. (get it?).
  • You arrive a week late, and chide people for things that (as far as I can tell) they haven't done.
  • I write this humorous, yet poignant explanatory post.
  • Deus writes some post rambling about something that isn't true and hasn't happened.
  • Death_999 replies to this seemingly random stream of words with a short quip, which is true in it's very own special way.
  • You reply with something along the lines of "Oh Lukipela, you are so wise, you have lifted my veil of ignorance and I can now see the light of truth. Praise the Almighty!"
  • I respond with courtesy, yet coyly, and feel a quiet pride that I have accomplished something.
  • Ivan enters the thread again, and berates you for talking about the almighty, because "To an atheist that means nothing!"
  • RTyp06 enters the thread and makes some comments about how atheists can't explain Intelligent Design.
  • Lore gets annoyed that no one is paying attention to his jew-hating in the neighbouring thread, and comes back here with a dissertation on the nature of reality, shocking us all.
  • The universe ends.

What's up doc?
RTyp06
*Smell* controller

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2006, 11:16:33 pm »

RTyp06 enters the thread and makes some comments about how atheists can't explain Intelligent Design.

uhhh.. come again? Shocked

Ivan Ivanov
*Smell* controller

Internet Piracy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2006, 11:26:19 am »

• Ivan enters the thread again, and berates you for talking about the almighty, because "To an atheist that means nothing!"
  • The universe ends.

So if I won't say this your prophercy will not be fulfield, and I will effectively save the universe.
Praise me!

Your bruises are reminders of naivete and trust
Deus Siddis
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2006, 02:44:31 pm »

So if I won't say this your prophercy will not be fulfield, and I will effectively save the universe.
Praise me!

Praise you?! You just altered the natural timeline with your knowledge of (what was) the future. You have just annihilated trillions of people, who will never be born now, do to your lack of ignorance!

Also, none of us have lines now, thanks to you. How the hell am I supposed to know what to say?
Lukipela
Enlightened

The Ancient One

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2006, 04:00:59 pm »

To add insult to injury, he also quoted my post, so I can't go back and redo the time line in order to stabilize it. I always knew that the atheists would be the ones to do us in. They hold nothing holy, and now this has doomed us all. I suppose we'll just have to skip to the last point.

What's up doc?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length