The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:30:29 pm
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Mycon Dialogue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mycon Dialogue  (Read 2231 times)
Ludka
Zebranky food

View Profile
Mycon Dialogue
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:14:52 pm »

I've been running into podships for the last three days now, and it seems like almost every time I bump into them, they say something new.  There is something interesting that has piqued my interest about their dialogue.  When they say things that sound like a "non-Mycon" is speaking -- like their creators, for instance.  There's the bit where someone... else says something about going to a transporter pad and another line about how they should deal with anomolies...

I just find it fasinating.  Does anyone know of a link where I can see all their dialogue listed on a page so I can pore over it for a while and make wild and unsubstantiated connections to the precursors and finally come to the conclusion once and for all what the Mycon are all about? 

I'd be happy to share my ultimate enlightenment with the board once I figure it all out.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 04:34:55 pm by Ludka » Logged
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
Re: Mycon Dialogue
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:33:59 pm »

uqm-0.6.0-content.uqm is really a .zip file, which you can unzip with whatever you usually use. In that package, you'll find the file content/comm/mycon/mycon.txt
The story behind the Mycon has been confirmed by TFB btw, but I won't spoil your fun by telling it you here.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Ludka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 04:37:13 pm »

Bah!  "Official" reports.  They are nothing compared to my wild conspiracy theories!

In all seriousness, though, I would like to know what TFB said about the Mycon, but not until after I come up with some ridiculous ideas of my own.  How would I find their confirmations?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 07:47:18 pm »

By reading this.

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
Ludka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:38:14 pm »

Thanks and thanks again.

I will look into it.

And on a side note, I did a search of the forum for other such threads.  I read the rather long one which hit on basically the same stuff before going off on a tangent about rainbow worlds and the precursors in general.  Good stuff.
chad of Toronto
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 02:32:49 am »

According to Star control 3 the Mycon are a Precurser Teraforming method.  They were genetically intended to stay below sentience so they wouldn't be wiped out by the Eternal ones, but they evolved anyway. They evolved and strayed from their genetically intended purpose and wrote their own thought patterns on the Deep Children
Ludka
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 03:44:28 pm »

Yeah, but Star Control 3 doesn't really exist.  So.... you know.

No, really, though, the TFB confirmation doesn't have anything to do with SC3, does it?
Anthony
*Smell* controller

Star Control Lives!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 04:08:13 pm »

No, the story around Mycon being associated with the Precursors was an idea made by TFB, and had nothing to do with SCnot3.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length