The Ur-Quan Masters Home Page Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 07:46:03 am
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Celebrating 30 years of Star Control 2 - The Ur-Quan Masters

+  The Ur-Quan Masters Discussion Forum
|-+  The Ur-Quan Masters Re-Release
| |-+  General UQM Discussion (Moderator: Death 999)
| | |-+  Star Control - The RPG/Board Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Star Control - The RPG/Board Game  (Read 38249 times)
countchocula86
*Smell* controller

Culture 20!

View Profile
Re: Star Control - The RPG/Board Game
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 05:29:57 am »

I've never played and RPG/Board game such as this, so I'm kinda confused as to how it would work?

I like to think you killed a man. It's the romantic in me.
Clay
*Many bubbles*

What can we do for you...today?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 06:17:56 am »

Ever play Final Fantasy Tactics/Disgaea/Fire Emblem or similar titles? Those games are loosely inspired by the same boardgame genre.

If not, you basically have a map.  This map is divided into spaces, usually hexagons.  You place tokens/miniatures on the map to indicate units.  (in the case of this game, spaceships)  Depending on the rules, players take turns moving their ships around the map, and each turn may declare attacks (or other actions) on other units in range.  Last ship standing wins.

It's more complex than that, but I hope you'll give me the time to draft some rules for details. ^_^
Spektrowski
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 09:00:47 am »

Maybe, this page can provide some help on ship specs?
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 09:09:17 am »

I'm fully aware royalties would be involved.  Fetching lawyers to fetter the documentation would however be sufficient deterrent to apply my time elsewhere. haha.
Well, you could try writing the contract yourself. I'm sure you'll be able to find some examples online. As for TFB, well... worth a try. I think TFB wrote the original contract with the SC2 musicians themselves, including some humourously phrased clauses.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:11:13 am by meep-eep » Logged

“When Juffo-Wup is complete
when at last there is no Void, no Non
when the Creators return
then we can finally rest.”
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 09:26:56 am »

I've hit  a bit of a speed bump though.  While statting the ships (using much simpler numbers than the actual game.  An Ur-Quan Dreadnought has 10 CREW and BATTERY for instance) I've found it difficult to ascertain the fuel recharge rates.  A helpful FAQ over at gamefaqs has simplified determining relative speeds and turn rates, but covers fuel regeneration oddly.  It rates each ship based on how quickly the ship returns to full capacity.  This is pretty useless for my purposes.

Does anyone know how I can get figures for recharge rates without actually timing them myself in Super Melee?
There are actually two parameters of the fuel regeneration, how often energy is added, and the amount of energy that is added each time.

'energy_wait' is the number of frames in between recharges that nothing is added.
'energy_regeneration' is the number of units of energy added.

So on average, you've got '(energy_wait + 1) / energy_regeneration' energy per frame, and as there are 24 frames per second, that gives you '(energy_wait + 1) / (energy_regeneration * 24)' energy per second.

The numbers for the ships can be found in src/sc2code/ships/*/*.c. Look for 'ENERGY_WAIT' and 'ENERGY_REGENERATION'. It should be pretty self-exaplanatory, even for non-coders.

when the Creators return
Clay
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 06:11:20 pm »

Thanks, meep-eep! I never thought about checking the source.  I had no idea it'd be so readable, but it definitely helps you specifically stating the formula.  This should make it much easier.

Thanks for the Ship Specs page, too, Spek.  I already know of it but avoided it since it's just an approximated summary and not true figures.  It seems to be on an odd scale, too.  (either 8 or 9).

Once I have the ships statted up in my rules, I'll begin on an actual document so you guys can see where I'm heading.
Novus
Enlightened

Fot or not?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 07:25:21 pm »

So on average, you've got '(energy_wait + 1) / energy_regeneration' energy per frame, and as there are 24 frames per second, that gives you '(energy_wait + 1) / (energy_regeneration * 24)' energy per second.
Is it me or are your formulae for time/energy, not energy/time (dividend and divisor switched)?

RTFM = Read the fine manual.
RTTFAQ = Read the Ur-Quan Masters Technical FAQ.
meep-eep
Forum Admin
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »

You are correct.

when the Creators return
Clay
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 09:00:10 pm »

I figured it out. ^_~  Now I'm statting all the attacks.  Unlike the movement/crew/battery, making game statistics for them is not quite pit-pat.  But it's also ten times more fun. ^_~  With any luck I may have all the ships done today.
Spektrowski
Frungy champion

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 09:25:10 pm »

Good attack stats are available here. And in the source codes, of course Smiley
Kazagistar
Zebranky food

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 12:34:23 am »

First of all, I'm new hi, how's it going.
OK thats over with.
Now, If you want to create a cardgame (anyone), a good site might be http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
It has a simple scripting language fo creating card templates, and it's very user friendly.
Elvish Pillager
Enlightened

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 12:00:37 pm »

Good attack stats are available here.
It doesn't list the hit-points of the shots. Tongue

My team of four Androsynth and three Chmmr is the most unfair team ever!
My mod
Clay
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 04:39:37 am »

Shot hit points are simplified in the boardgame anyway.

Only three more ships left!  Once I do that and write a basic rules overview, I'll paste it in this thread.

Some notes to keep in mind when I do.

Ranges are completely adlibed.  If in play any RANGE seems ill-representative of its computer game counterpart, let me know.

Although for the most part, CREW, BATTERY, DAMAGE, and COST are relative to their computer game counterparts, sometimes values have been modified to account for rate of fire, accuracy, and other variables.  (For example, the Ur-Quan fusion blast does more damage than it does in the game.  This is to account for its high rate of fire.  Likewise, the Orz Nemesis's BATTERY has been reduced in order to simplify its cannon usage.  The number of attacks it can perform on a full tank is similar to the game.)
Clay
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 06:13:08 am »

What follows is a basic overview of the rules and ship stats.  All of this is rough, and some things are missing.  (namely, proper tokens, templates, and rules for planets and asteroids.)  I'll refine a proper rulebook in time.

Gameplay takes place on a hex-map.  Steal one from your favorite game or print them with a program.  Try http://ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/doc/games/roleplay/programs/mapping/hexmap45.zip though I haven't used it myself.  It should be noted if any ship or token exits any edge of the map, it will reappear on the opposite side.

You'll also need tokens to represent the spaceships and some of their weapons (attacks that "stay on the field" like the Marauder's spinning mines.)  I plan to make some makeshift ones using the ship's graphics, but you'll need to improv for now.

You'll also need a set of polyhedral dice, specifically, one each of a d4, d6, d8, d10, d12.  If you don't have these dice and don't want to buy them, there is a variety of dice-rolling software on the internet.

Players each pick opposite sides of the map and place their ship anywhere within two hexes of the edge.  From this point on, the game will be divided into turns between the players.  Through whatever means (flip a coin, pick the youngest, whatever) one player goes first.

During his turn, a player may
A) Move the ship into the hex in front of it by spending 1 THRUST point and may continue to do so until THRUST points have been reduced to zero.
B) Turn the ship one side to the left or right by spending 1 TURN point and may continue to do so until TURN points have been reduced to zero.
C) Perform its Main action once as long as BATTERY points are available.
D) Perform its Special action once as long as BATTERY points are available.

Player can do these in any order.  (ie. a player can move two hexes, turn a hex, fire its main weapon, and then move two more hexes).

Once a player declares an attack, the Attack phase begins.

To declare an attack, the opponent must be within the attack's arc and range.

1- Start with the hex in front of the ship, then picture a cone shape by including all hexes diagonal from that hex.  So it'd be one hex, the two diagonal-forward hexes from that hex, the outside most diagonal-forward hexes from that hex, and so forth.  Range is calculated by moving hex to hex, counting each hex along the way.

3- same, except start with the ship itself.  However, don't start counting range with this hex.

6- Extends in any direction.

R- Go reverse instead of front-ways.

If the ship is, you may attack.  Roll your weapon's ATTACK die.  For every 5 points of range, reduce your ATTACK die by one level. Your opponent rolls their ship's PILOT die.  If the ATTACK roll beats or ties the PILOT die, you hit and you reduce their CREW by your attack's DAMAGE.  If the PILOT die is greatest, nothing happens.

After you have rolled your ATTACK roll, but before the opponent rolls their pilot die, they may state they want to use a reflex action.  They roll a d12 instead of their PILOT die.  If they beat your attack roll, their reflex ability is used.  Besides any effects as a result of that ability, your attack also misses.  If their reflex roll is lower than your ATTACK, they roll PILOT as normal.

AFTER the PILOT roll, if the opposing ship has not yet used a Reflex action, they may do so.  However, when used this way, they may only roll a d6.

Even if the REFLEX roll fails, BATTERY is still lost, and any effects from the reflex ability still happens.

NOTE: If any attack has the "Automatic Hit" descriptor, the player may still use the reflex action, but only as if they were rolling after the ATTACK roll.  (ie. a d6)

In every turn after each player's first, there is a special Inertia phase that takes place before everything else.  when you moved your ship, you need to keep track of how many hexes you moved in each direction.  Whichever direction you moved most, becomes your Inertia.  (ie. if you moved 2 hexes north, turned, and moved one square northwest, your inertia is 2 north.  If two directions tie, pick whichever was moved last.)  At the beginning of your turn, you must move as many hexes as your Inertia requires.  This does not cost THRUST points.

Also, during the Inertia phase, you may replenish your BATTERY with points equivalent to your REGEN rating.

Anyway, I apologize for the terrible roughness.  Just wanted to get you guys something as soon as possible!

Androsynth Guardian
CREW   5
BATTERY   6

THRUST   1
TURN    2
REGEN   1/2
PILOT   d4

MAIN: Bubbles
RANGE   1
ARC   3
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d6
Spray: Can be fired multiple times in one turn.  Attack roll must be made for each bubble.  Defense need only be rolled once.

SPECIAL: Blazer Form
RANGE   0
ARC   0
DAMAGE   *
PILOT   d10
COST   1 per Turn

Ships stats change as follows:

Blazer Form
THRUST   5
TURN   4
REGEN   0
ATTACK   d10
PILOT   d10
Inertialess: In Blazer Mode, the Guardian is unaffected by inertia.  It cannot gravity whip and does not need to make piloting rolls near a planet.
Full Throttle: In Blazer form, the Guardian must move its full alotted THRUST every turn.
Ramming: The Blazer attacks by entering another ship's hex.  If it successfully attacks, it does damage equal to the number of THRUST points it has remaining, including the one it used to enter the hex.  After damage has been calculated, it returns to the hex it came from with the same facing. 
Irreversable: The Guardian cannot disengage from Blazer form until its BATTERY is depleted.
Reflex: Blazer Form may be activated during the Reflex phase.
Full Stop: Once the Blazer form wears off, the Guardian comes to a full stop.  Any inertia it may have accrued is ignored.

Ariloulaleelay Skiff
CREW   1
BATTERY   5

THRUST   4
TURN   *
REGEN   1
PILOT   d10
Inertialess: The Skiff is unaffected by inertia and tractorbeams.  The skiff cannot gravity whip and does not need to make piloting rolls near a planet.
Nimble: Skiff may make unlimited turns.

MAIN: Tracking Laser
RANGE   1
ARC   6
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d12
Laser: This weapon cannot be destroyed by any attack, including weapons fired in the reflex phase.
Rapid Fire: Skiff can fire its tracking laser multiple times in one attack phase.  Only one Attack roll necessary.

SPECIAL: Jump
COST   1
Teleport: Skiff rolls a d6.  Each number represents a direction.  Roll a d12.  Move that many hexes in that direction.  If another object is in that hex, reroll.
Reflex: Skiff can Jump during the Reflex phase.

Chenjesu Broodhome
CREW   9
BATTERY   8

THRUST   2
TURN   1
REGEN   1
PILOT   d4

MAIN: Crystal Shard
RANGE   5*
ARC   1
DAMAGE   2
COST   2
ATTACK  d6
Token: Although shard has a range of 5, Player may instead create a token in any place in range.  This token will continue to move 5 hexes on each of the player's turns, in a straight line, until the player indicates otherwise.  Broodhome may not fire another shard until it does so. Should a ship collide with this token, through inertia or other means, it receives damage.  No Piloting roll required.
Scatter: Does damage to all surrounding squares.  For a broodhome, this can happen only to an attack that has been made a token, but may be done in the same round.  1 Damage is done to all surrounding squares of the token.  Shard will shatter even if destroyed by other means.

SPECIAL: DOGI
RANGE   1
ARC   1-Rear
DAMAGE   3*
COST   8
ATTACK   d8
THRUST   3
TURN   *
PILOT   d4
Token: A DOGI Token is placed in the rear facing hex.
Homing: DOGI will take most direct route to the nearest enemy ship.
Battery Drain: Instead of damaging CREW, a DOGI will drain BATTERY.
Nimble: DOGI may make unlimited turns.
Ramming: The DOGI attacks by entering another ship's hex.  If it successfully attacks, it does damage.  After damage has been calculated, it returns to the hex it came from with the same facing.

Chmmr Avatar
CREW   10
BATTERY   10

THRUST   4
TURN   3
REGEN   2
Pilot   d8
Zap-Sats: Avatar is surrounded by three Zap-Sats.  They effectively allow the Avatar to ignore all non-laser 1/2 damage attacks.  Any other successful non-laser attack will reduce the Zap-Sat count by 1 and not damage the Avatar.  Laser attacks will always damage the Avatar directly.  After one Zap-Sat is destroyed, future attacks are handled differently. 1 Zap-Sat destroyed, roll a d4. 1, damage affects Avatar directly. 2-4 calculate as if Avatar had 3 zap-sats.  2 Zap-Sats destroyed, roll a d4. 1-2 damage affects Avatar directly. 3-4 calculate normally.
Point Defense: For each hex adjacent to the Avatar an opponent enters, it receives 1/2 damage.  If the Avatar has lost a zap-sat, make opposed PILOT roll with a d10.  If it has lost two, a d4.  If the opposing ship has the highest PILOT roll, no damage is dealt.

MAIN: Laser
RANGE   2
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d12
Rapid Fire: Avatar may fire its Laser multiple times in one Attack phase.
Laser: This weapon cannot be destroyed by any attack, including weapons fired in the reflex phase.

SPECIAL: Tractor Beam
RANGE   *
ARC   6
DAMAGE   0
COST   1
Tractor: Avatar chooses a ship.  That ship immediately moves 2 hexes closer to the Avatar.
Repeatable: Avatar may use its Tractor Beam multiple times in one turn.

Druuge Mauler
CREW   4
BATTERY   8

THRUST   1
TURN   2
REGEN   1/5
PILOT   d4

MAIN: Cannon
RANGE   10
ARC   1
DAMAGE   2
COST   1
ATTACK  d8
Kickback: Mauler moves immediately 3 squares in reverse.  If this ship collides with planets, asteroids, or tokens, it follows all rules as if it were being moved in the inertia phase.
Knockback: If hit, opponent is moved 2 squares opposite of side hit.  If this ship collides with planets, asteroids, or tokens, it follows all rules as if it were being moved in the inertia phase.
Reflex: Mauler may fire its cannon during the Reflex phase.  When used this way,  it cannot damage another ship, but immediately moves 2 hexes in reverse.

SPECIAL: Crew Conversion
Recharge: Regain 8 BATTERY
Crew Loss: Lose 1 CREW

Earthling Cruiser
CREW   5
BATTERY   5

THRUST   2
TURN   5
REGEN   1/2
PILOT   d8

MAIN: Missile
RANGE   15
ARC   1*
DAMAGE   1
COST   2
ATTACK   d8
Homing: Missiles will take most direct route to nearest enemy ship.  Missile can only travel 15 hexes, and may only make one turn every 3 hexes.  Range does not affect attack roll.

SPECIAL: Point Defense Lasers
RANGE   1
ARC   6
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d12
Interceptor: Attack can be used to destroy incoming attacks.
Reflex: Cruiser may fire its Point Defense Lasers as a reflex action.

Ilwrath Avenger
CREW   5
BATTERY   4

THRUST   2
TURN   4
REGEN   2
PILOT   d6

MAIN: Hellfire
RANGE   1
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d10
Rapid Fire: Avenger can fire its Hellfire multiple times in one attack phase.  Only one Attack roll necessary.
Reflex: Hellfire may be used during the Reflex phase as long as the Avenger is facing the source of its attack.

SPECIAL: Cloaking
COST   1
Invisible: While cloaked, Avenger's pilot dice becomes d12 for the purpose of evading attacks.  Also, all homing attacks and tokens cease to function until the Avenger has uncloaked.  Uncloaking also costs 1 BATTERY.
Muzzled: While cloaked, Avenger cannot attack.  If the Avenger fires its Hellfire, cloaking is automatically disengaged.
Reflex: Cloaking may be used during the Reflex phase, but only against Homing weapons.

Kohr-ah Marauder
CREW   10
BATTERY   10

THRUST   3
TURN   2
REGEN   1
PILOT   d6

MAIN: Spinning Mine
RANGE   5*
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d6
Token: Although the mine has a range of 5, Player may instead create a token in any place in range.  This token will continue to move 5 hexes on each of the player's turns, in a straight line, until the player indicates otherwise.  Marauder may not fire another mine until it does so.  Should a ship collide with this token, through inertia or other means, it receives damage.  No Piloting roll required.
Mine: At any point after a token has been made, it can be frozen in place.  Marauder may now fire another mine if it desires. Should a ship collide with this token, through inertia or other means, it receives damage.  No Piloting roll required.
Limited Homing: If a ship is ever within 2 hexes of the mine, it will move one hex closer to that ship during the Marauder's turn.  If it ever enters the same square

SPECIAL: F.R.I.E.D.
RANGE   1
ARC   ALL
DAMAGE   3
COST   5
Interceptor: Attack can be used to destroy incoming attacks.
Reflex: Marauder may use F.R.I.E.D. during the Reflex phase.
Scatter: F.R.I.E.D. affects all hexes surrounding the Marauder.
Automatic Hit: Any ship in range is automatically hit.  No PILOT roll necessary.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:14:07 am by Clay » Logged
Clay
*Many bubbles*

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 06:13:44 am »

Melnorme Trader
CREW   5
BATTERY   10

THRUST   4
TURN   2
REGEN   1
PILOT   d8

MAIN: Plasma Ball
RANGE   10
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1-4
COST   1
ATTACK   d8
Charge: Instead of firing, Trader may charge up its blast.  At the beginning of each turn after the first, DAMAGE increases by 1, to a maximum of 4.  Once it has charged to the desired level, it may be fired and a normal attack roll made.
Automatic Hit: If a Menorme is charging its Plasma Ball, and a ship ever enters the Trader's front facing hex, it receives damage.  No PILOT roll necessary.  The Plasma Ball is in effect "shot" and if the Trader continues to charge, it must start over.

SPECIAL: EM Pulse
RANGE   10
ARC   1
DAMAGE   0
COST   5
ATTACK   d8
Confuse: When hit, an opposing ship must turn one facing every hex it moves, limited to its maximum TURN allowance.  Regardless of spaces moved, the ship must complete its TURN allotment by turning any remaining faces it has left at the end of its movement.  This affect wears off at the beginning of that ship's fourth turn.
Uninterruptable: EM Pulse is not affected by asteroids, planets, or tokens between it and the target.

Mmrnmhrm Transformer
CREW   5
BATTERY   3

THRUST   1
TURN   4
REGEN   1
PILOT   d4

MAIN: Laser
RANGE   2
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d10
Rapid Fire: Transformer can fire its Laser for an extended time in one attack phase.  Only one Attack roll necessary.

SPECIAL: Transform
COST   3

Ship Stats change as follows:

THRUST   5
TURN   1
REGEN   2
PILOT   d8   

MAIN: Missile
RANGE   15
ARC   3
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d6

Mycon Podship
CREW   5
BATTERY   10

THRUST   2
TURN   1
REGEN   1
PILOT   d4

MAIN: Homing Plasmoid
RANGE   1
ARC   1
DAMAGE   3
COST   5
Token: Once fired, Mycon places a token in its forward-facing hex.
Homing: Starting with the turn it was fired, Plasmoid will move four hexes in the direction of the closest ship.  Should the Plasmoid enter the hex of another ship, or another ship enters its hex, it will receive damage.  No PILOT roll is required.
Degrading: at the beginning of each of the Podship's turns, the Plasmoid's DAMAGE will decrease by one.  Once its DAMAGE is reduced to 0, the token is removed from play.
Friendly Fire: Plasmoids can damage the Podship.  When homing on a target, Plasmoids will not avoid colliding with the Podship.

SPECIAL: Regeneration
COST   10
Crew Regeneration: Podship regains 2 crew.

Orz Nemesis
CREW   4
BATTERY   3

THRUST   4
TURN   5
REGEN   1
PILOT   d10

MAIN: Howitzer
RANGE   5
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d10
Spray: Nemesis can be fire its Howitzer multiple times in one attack phase.  Attack roll must be made for each shot.  Defense need only be rolled once.
Turret: Nemesis may change the facing of its Howitzer by spending its available TURN points.  Each TURN point will change the Howitzer one facing either direction.  Nemesis may intermingle turning the turret and turning the ship itself freely.

SPECIAL: Marine
THRUST   4
TURN   3
PILOT   d6
Token: Once fired, Orz places a token in its rear-facing hex.
Homing: Starting with the turn it was released, A marine will move to the closest ship.  Should the Marine enter the hex of another ship, or another ship enters its hex, it invades it.  No PILOT roll is required.
Invasion: Once a Marine has invaded a ship, it will do 1/2 a point of DAMAGE.  At the beginning of each of the Nemesis's turns thereafter, roll a d4.  A result of 3-4 means another half point of damage is inflicted.  2 Nothing happens.  1, the Marine is destroyed.
Crew Required: Each Marine reduces CREW by 1/2 a point.  After an opposing ship is destroyed, any surviving Marines will return to the Nemesis.

Pkunk Fury
CREW   2
BATTERY   3

THRUST   5
TURN   *
REGEN   0
PILOT   d12
Nimble: Fury may make unlimited turns.
Ressurection: If Fury is destroyed, roll any die.  If the roll is an odd number, ship is ressurected with full CREW and BATTERY and sheds any detriments it may have gained in its previous life.  Toss ship onto map to determine a new random location.

MAIN: Multigun
RANGE   2
ARC   3
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d10
Rapid Fire: Fury can fire its multigun multiple times in one attack phase.  Only one Attack roll necessary.
Tri-attack: Attack fires in three directions.  If additional tokens or ships are in the firing arc besides the target, they too must make PILOT rolls or take damage.

SPECIAL: Insult
Battery Regeneration: Regain 1 BATTERY.
Free Action: Activating Insult does not prevent firing the multigun.
Player Interaction: To activate regeneration, player must call the opponent an insulting name and must do so each turn Insult is used.

Shofixti Scout
CREW   1
BATTERY   1

THRUST   4
TURN   5
REGEN   1
PILOT   d10

MAIN: Energy Dart
RANGE   3
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
Attack   d10

SPECIAL: Glory Device
RANGE   3
ARC   ALL
DAMAGE   5
COST   1
Scatter: Glory Device does DAMAGE 3 hexes in all directions.
Fading: DAMAGE decreases as RANGE increases. 1 Hex = 5 damage, 2 Hexes = 3 Damage, and 3 Hexes = 1 Damage.
Reflex: Scout can use Glory Device during the Reflex phase.

Slylandro Probe
CREW   3
BATTERY   5

THRUST   5
TURN   *
REGEN   0
PILOT   d12
Full Throttle: Probe must move its full alotted THRUST every turn.
Inertialess: The Probe is unaffected by inertia and tractorbeams.  The Probe cannot gravity whip and does not need to make piloting rolls near a planet.
Nimble: Probe may make unlimited turns.
Inert Crew: Probe cannot be affected by the Syreen's song, nor can it pick up hypnotized crew.

MAIN: Lightning
RANGE   2
ARC   6
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d10

SPECIAL: Absorb Asteroid
Battery Regeneration: Regain 5 BATTERY
Materials: To use SPECIAL, Probe must be adjacent to an asteroid.  Once used, any adjacent asteroid is destroyed.

Spathi Eluder
CREW   8
BATTERY   3

THRUST   5
TURN   5
REGEN   1/2
PILOT   d12

MAIN: Machine Gun
RANGE   2
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d10
Rapid Fire: Eluder can fire its machine gun multiple times in one attack phase.  Only one Attack roll necessary.

SPECIAL: B.U.T.T.
RANGE   4
ARC   3-R
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d8

Supox Blade
CREW   3
BATTERY   4

THRUST   4
TURN   5
REGEN   1
PILOT   d10

MAIN: Rapid Glob
RANGE   4
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d10
Rapid Fire: Blade can fire its Rapid Glob multiple times in one attack phase.  Only one Attack roll necessary.

SPECIAL: Extended Maneuver
Side Slip: Ship may move in any direction without changing facing.  However, for each hex moved in a direction besides forward, both available THRUST and TURN points are reduced by 1.
Reflex: Blade may perform its Extended Maneuver during the Reflex phase as long as it has remaining THRUST and TURN points.

Syreen Penetrator
CREW   3(10)
BATTERY   4

THRUST   4
TURN   5
REGEN   1
PILOT   d10
Skeleton Crew: Penetrator begins with a reduced CREW compliment.

MAIN: Electron Dagger
RANGE   3
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d8

SPECIAL: Song
RANGE   4
ARC   ALL
DAMAGE   3
COST   2
Hypnotize: Instead of killing CREW, they are instead coaxed out into space.  CREW become a Token into the closest hex to the Penetrator that is still adjacent to the hypnotized ship.  This token remains stationary.  If another ship enters this hex, it can claim the crew as its own.  No ship may increase its maximum crew capacity in this way.
Fading: DAMAGE decreases as RANGE increases. 1 Hex = 3 damage, 2 Hexes = 2 Damage, 3 Hexes = 1 Damage, and 4 Hexes = 1/2 Damage

Thraddash Torch
CREW   2
BATTERY   6

THRUST   2
TURN   5
REGEN   1

MAIN: Shot
RANGE   3
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d10

SPECIAL: Afterburner
RANGE   1
ARC   1-R
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
Kickback: Torch moves immediately 1 hex forward.  If this ship collides with planets, asteroids, or tokens, it follows all rules as if it were being moved in the inertia phase.
Rapid Fire: Torch can fire its Afterburner multiple times in one attack phase. Each time it will move one hex forward.
Token: After Torch moves one hex forward, place a token in the previous hex.  Should a ship collide with this token, through inertia or other means, it receives damage.  No Piloting roll required.  After two turns, remove token from play.

Umgah Drone
CREW   2
BATTERY   8

THRUST   1
TURN   2
REGEN   *
PILOT   d4
Battery Regeneration: If Drone does not Jump or fire its Antimatter Cone for two turns, its BATTERY will be charged to full capacity at the beginning of its third turn.

MAIN: Antimatter Cone
RANGE   1
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   0
Automatic Hit: Any ship that enters the Drone's forward-facing Hex receives damage.  No PILOT roll is required.
Reflex: Drone may use its Antimatter Cone during the Reflex phase.

SPECIAL: Reverse Jump
COST   1
Repeatable: Drone may reverse jump multiple times during its turn.
Kickback: Drone moves immediately 1 hex backward.
Full Stop: Movement made by the Reverse Jump is never used to calculate inertia.   In addition, only THRUST points spent after its last Jump count towards inertia.
Reflex: Drone may use its Reverse Jump during the Reflex phase as long as its facing is not directly away from the source of the attack.

Ur-Quan Dreadnought
CREW   10
BATTERY   10

THRUST   3
TURN   2
REGEN   1
PILOT   d8

Main: Fusion Blast
RANGE   4
ARC   1
DAMAGE   3
COST   2
ATTACK   d8

Special: Launch Fighters!
RANGE   1
ARC   6
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
THRUST   3
TURN   *
PILOT   0
Nimble: Fighters can make unlimited turns.
Token: Once fired, Dreadnought places a token in its rear-facing hex.
Homing: Starting with the turn it was released, Fighters will move to the closest ship.  Should the Fighters enter any adjacent hex of another ship, or another ship enters an adjacent hex, Fighters deal damage.  No PILOT roll is required.
Crew Required: Each group of Fighters reduces CREW by 1.  After an opposing ship is destroyed, any surviving Fighters will return to the Dreadnought.
Refueling: Fighters can only function for 5 turns.  Thereafter, they will attempt to return to the Dreadnought.  If after 2 turns they have not been able to enter the Dreadnought's hex, they perish.
Dumb as Dirt: Fighters treat all PILOT results as 0.
Repeatable: Dreadnought may launch multiple fighters in one turn.

Utwig Jugger
CREW   5
BATTERY   5(3)

THRUST   4
TURN   5
REGEN   *
PILOT   d10
Lackluster Reserves: Jugger begins game with 3 BATTERY

MAIN: Energy Spears
RANGE   2
ARC   1
DAMAGE   2
COST   0
ATTACK   d12

SPECIAL: Energy Accumilation Shield
RANGE   0
ARC   6
COST   1
Damage Shield: After its activation, Jugger ignores all DAMAGE until its next turn.
Reflex: Jugger can use its Shield in the Reflex Phase.
Battery Regeneration: Regain BATTERY equivalent to DAMAGE absorbed.  All attacks should make ATTACK and PILOT rolls for this purpose.  Any missed attacks do not add to BATTERY.
Flash-use: Shield can be activated for only 1 COST if used in the Reflex phase.

VUX Intruder
CREW   5
BATTERY   10

THRUST   1
TURN   1
REGEN   1/2
PILOT   d4
Ambush: When placing ships at the beginning of the game, always place VUX ship second.  Before placing the ship, roll any die.  If the result is odd, Intruder is place within 2 hexes of any desired opponent and facing its direction.  This player goes first.

MAIN: Optical Laser
RANGE   2
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d12
Rapid Fire: Intruder may fire its Optical Laser multiple times in one Attack phase.

SPECIAL: Limpets
RANGE   1
ARC   1
DAMAGE   0
COST   3
THRUST   2
TURN   *
Nimble: Limpets can make unlimited turns.
Token: Once fired, Intruder places a token in its forward-facing hex.  After two turns, remove token from play.
Homing: Starting with the turn it was released, a limpet will move to the closest ship.  Should the limpet enter the hex of another ship, or another ship enters its hex, it latches on.  No PILOT roll is required.
Impede: Once a limpet attaches, it permanently reduces THRUST, TURN, and PILOT by 1.  However, no ship can have THRUST and TURN reduced below 1 or PILOT below d4.  Limpets do not affect Intertia-like abilities like the Torch's Afterburner or the Mauler's kickback.)

Yehat Terminator
CREW   5
BATTERY   3

THRUST   3
TURN   4
REGEN   1
PILOT   d8

MAIN: Ion Cannon
RANGE   3
ARC   1
DAMAGE   1
COST   1
ATTACK   d8
Rapid Fire: Terminator may fire its Ion Cannon multiple times in one Attack phase.

SPECIAL: Shield
RANGE   0
ARC   6
COST 2
Damage Shield: After its activation, Terminator ignores all DAMAGE until its next turn.
Reflex: Terminator can use its Shield in the Reflex Phase.
Flash-use: Shield can be activated for only 1 COST if used in the Reflex phase.

Zoq-Fot-Pik Stinger
CREW   3
BATTERY   3

THRUST   4
TURN   5
REGEN   1
PILOT   d10

MAIN: Spray
RANGE   1
ARC   3
DAMAGE   1/2
COST   1
ATTACK   d6
Spray: Can be fired multiple times in one Attack phase.  ATTACK roll must be made for each attack.  PILOT need only be rolled once.
Tri-attack: Attack fires in three directions.  If additional tokens or ships are in the firing arc besides the target, they too must make PILOT rolls or take DAMAGE.

SPECIAL: Tongue
RANGE   0
ARC   1
DAMAGE   3
COST   2
ATTACK   d8
Ramming: The Tongue attacks by entering another ship's hex and makes an ATTACK roll.  After the attack has been resolved, it returns to the hex it came from with the same facing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:30:57 am by Clay » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length